Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a bug. Pretty sure anyway.

When I try to log in or choose a name, nothing happens. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox. I make a team, choose name and wait. Nothing. What's going on?

When I try to log in or choose a name, nothing happens. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox. I make a team, choose name and wait. Nothing. What's going on?
Same. Im just a guest and i cant choose my name.
I also tried in google chrome and firefox.

Same. Im just a guest and i cant choose my name.
I also tried in google chrome and firefox.
See this thread for more information; the basic premise is that the web server is up, but the login server isn't, which explains why you cannot log in.

EDIT: Pokemon Showdown's login server is no longer down. You can now log on.

I forgot to save a replay, but there is definitely a bug with cursed body. It sometimes disables the wrong move, often the move used previously.

A small graphics glitch which is nevertheless confusing (literally): Baton Passing confusion doesn't give the newly-sent-out Pokémon the confusion marker icon (turn 23).

The problem that I will describe involves Cursed Body.

I had a Raikou behind a substitute against a Froslass. I Thunderbolted the Froslass to kill it. Then, Cursed Body did something very odd -- disabled the move substitute for my Raikou. According to Bulbapedia, Cursed Body doesn't work against Pokemon behind substitute, and it also only disables the move that was last used on the Cursed Body Pokemon. So this appears to be a bug. I wish I could save a replay, but I was given a "hash mismatch" error.

Edit: Apparently ninja'd.

The problem that I will describe involves Cursed Body.

I had a Raikou behind a substitute against a Froslass. I Thunderbolted the Froslass to kill it. Then, Cursed Body did something very odd -- disabled the move substitute for my Raikou. According to Bulbapedia, Cursed Body doesn't work against Pokemon behind substitute, and it also only disables the move that was last used on the Cursed Body Pokemon. So this appears to be a bug. I wish I could save a replay, but I was given a "hash mismatch" error.

Edit: Apparently ninja'd.
The Cursed Body bug, and other similar ones, will be fixed upon the next server restart.

Forgot to save a replay, but just encountered a bug vs an opposing Garchomp, where I protected an initial outrage, tanked a second hit which was boosted by a dragon gem, and then protected against a third outrage only to see the Chomp not becoming confused after the third use.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Forgot to save a replay, but just encountered a bug vs an opposing Garchomp, where I protected an initial outrage, tanked a second hit which was boosted by a dragon gem, and then protected against a third outrage only to see the Chomp not becoming confused after the third use.
Please read the second post in this thread

Illusion

I didn't think to save the log at the time because i'm stupid, but I can replicate and post if necessary, Zoroark's illusion does not default to the last conscious pokemon in the party.

When Encore is used, the Pokemon being encored will *sometimes* target the Pokemon not selected by the user. Other times, it will hit the correct target.

Psych Up doesn't "swap" the stats, it copies them.

Using Belly Drum when you're at +6 fails in game, so it shouldn't take another 50%.

When a Pokémon is Encored into Protect, the Protect is used at neural Priority, as is Trick Room, strangely.

So I play a battle and decide to drop Hydro Pump for Surf...

http://i.imgur.com/c4iBNQN.png[IMG][/HIDE]

...and PS laughs at me.

In other words, my teams are there to play with but not to edit.

Okay yeah PS just hates me today, lol.
[HIDE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jUJjoap.png

Oh, also the move Snatch isn't working. I used it against a Hippopotas right before it went for Curse and I didn't pilfer its stat changes.

When I logged on this morning, the whole chat appeared this way. It didn't seem to be occurring for anyone else, so I figured I would report it here. Thanks for whoever gets to it!

EDIT: The problem was solved when I refreshed the page. Still, I guess this can help if something in the code needs to be fixed.
ANOTHER EDIT: Now that I've been on for a little bit, more people are reporting it affecting them.

For some reason, when I win a rated battle, the ladder doesn't seem to update. It has no problem updating when I lose though....This has happened 4 times today

Edit: Still not updating after a win...7 times today

Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (timeout).
Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Error: socket hang up).

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I didn't think to save the log at the time because i'm stupid, but I can replicate and post if necessary, Zoroark's illusion does not default to the last conscious pokemon in the party.
I tested it and it seems fine to me, if you can replicate it or describe it better then that would be appreciated.

Psych Up doesn't "swap" the stats, it copies them.

Using Belly Drum when you're at +6 fails in game, so it shouldn't take another 50%.

When a Pokémon is Encored into Protect, the Protect is used at neural Priority, as is Trick Room, strangely.
Psych Up does copy the target's stats; what is the bug here?

Encore does not change the determined turn order, so whatever move was chosen for use on the turn a Pokemon gets Encored is the priority at which the Encored move will be used. For example, if a Pokemon used Quick Attack last turn and this turn that Pokemon has chosen to use Trick Room but gets Encored, Quick Attack will happen at -7 priority for that turn only, and at the usual +1 for the rest of the Encore turns.

Oh, also the move Snatch isn't working. I used it against a Hippopotas right before it went for Curse and I didn't pilfer its stat changes.
Curse is not a move that can be Snatched.

I tested it and it seems fine to me, if you can replicate it or describe it better then that would be appreciated.

Psych Up does copy the target's stats; what is the bug here?

Encore does not change the determined turn order, so whatever move was chosen for use on the turn a Pokemon gets Encored is the priority at which the Encored move will be used. For example, if a Pokemon used Quick Attack last turn and this turn that Pokemon has chosen to use Trick Room but gets Encored, Quick Attack will happen at -7 priority for that turn only, and at the usual +1 for the rest of the Encore turns.

Curse is not a move that can be Snatched.
I learn something new every day.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned or fixed, because I found the problem a few months ago, but anyways.

In Challenge Cup or Random Battle, you can get Spiky-Eared Pichu. It has no sprite, and you can't see neither its moves nor its item until you send it to battle. Here is the video of the battle:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/challengecup6780900

It's not really an important bug, but it's something not working properly.

while I was batling in a random battle I had a scizor which was defeated by an omastar with life orb so it lost 10 hp and suddenly it recover it an it keep doing it lol so i lost with the timer u.u so it´s a bug doesn´t it?

while I was batling in a random battle I had a scizor which was defeated by an omastar with life orb so it lost 10 hp and suddenly it recover it an it keep doing it lol so i lost with the timer u.u so it´s a bug doesn´t it?
Do you have a replay or a log? From what I can tell, you're saying that omastar immediately recovered its life orb damage after losing it. I'm going to assume that you mean 10% rather than 10 HP (correct me if I'm wrong about any of this).

Without a log, it's a bit difficult to verify or correct an issue like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)