5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In BW1, it seems to be possible to hit one or the other value a lot more often depending on which part of the second you press A in (right when the second changes, slightly before or after, etc.). That's also why some people use EonTimer for it, to more consistently hit the same part of the second.

In BW1, it seems to be possible to hit one or the other value a lot more often depending on which part of the second you press A in (right when the second changes, slightly before or after, etc.). That's also why some people use EonTimer for it, to more consistently hit the same part of the second.
I thought I didn't need EonTimer unless I was doing an Entralink RNG? I don't really understand how to use it and haven't seen any guides on the updated version of it. I just recalibrated my White version and it was the same as before, and gave me Timer0 of C7F.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Timer0 is related to the fraction of a second that you start the game on. By using EonTimer, it will help you hit the same fraction of a second much more consistently. It isn't necessary, but some people like using it.

Okay, I think I get EonTimer now. Do I start the countdown as soon as I set the time on my DS? It seems like that could make it hard to sync up. Otherwise, I believe I understand everything now.

Edit: The calibration on my timer says -95. Do I leave that as is and it'll change on its own if needed?

Eyedol

With the C-Gear box unchecked you should have the calibration set to 0. You would merely enter the amount the second that you would be starting your game at (example if target is 25 seconds and you're on a DS lite you would enter 24). Then start the timer at the exact time that you set the DS clock, and start the game when the timer runs out.

With the C-Gear box unchecked you should have the calibration set to 0. You would merely enter the amount the second that you would be starting your game at (example if target is 25 seconds and you're on a DS lite you would enter 24). Then start the timer at the exact time that you set the DS clock, and start the game when the timer runs out.
Interesting post.

I've already give up in entree link abuse on BW, when I started, the calibration was used to hit the delays more accurate. So to say it started at -95 by default and with my only succesful c-gear abuse I found that -32 was the best value for me.

Now, so far I have done EVERY standard seed abuse (wild, breed, stationary, starter, wondercard) with a value of -85 on the calibration box, and I've been succesful all the way (okey more or less succesful, may take 2-3 tries to get the desired result, but blame me for that not the Eontimer). That is in both pair of games BW and BW2.

Now the question is, was I just lucky to get my desired pokemons with the calibration not set to zero and setting it to zero when RNGing standards seeds is the way to go? or when RNGing for standard seeds the calibration value don't have heavy implications?

(btw, don't know if this is relevant, my only DS is a DSi, so all my RNGs are on a DSi)

Weird. I hit my timer and starting frame perfectly once with the calibration at -95 and my target seconds at 20 (my time is 1:27:20), but then I couldn't get it to work again.

Now I just tried it with it set to 0 for calibration and 19 for seconds, but still didn't hear my Chatot cry. That's the way I'll know if I hit it, correct? I've tried it a couple of times now but the Chatot is still silent.

Edit: I keep getting that Cobalion is Somewhat vain, which the only way that works is if I'm hitting my Timer0 of C7F, yet my Chatots aren't crying, so something isn't going right.

Eyedol

Interesting post.

I've already give up in entree link abuse on BW, when I started, the calibration was used to hit the delays more accurate. So to say it started at -95 by default and with my only succesful c-gear abuse I found that -32 was the best value for me.

Now, so far I have done EVERY standard seed abuse (wild, breed, stationary, starter, wondercard) with a value of -85 on the calibration box, and I've been succesful all the way (okey more or less succesful, may take 2-3 tries to get the desired result, but blame me for that not the Eontimer). That is in both pair of games BW and BW2.

Now the question is, was I just lucky to get my desired pokemons with the calibration not set to zero and setting it to zero when RNGing standards seeds is the way to go? or when RNGing for standard seeds the calibration value don't have heavy implications?

(btw, don't know if this is relevant, my only DS is a DSi, so all my RNGs are on a DSi)
Entralink in Black 1 and White 1 uses C-Gear seeding instead of Standard seeding. C-Gear seeding requires a different calibration value. If you need a guide for Entralink, there is one here.

Weird. I hit my timer and starting frame perfectly once with the calibration at -95 and my target seconds at 20 (my time is 1:27:20), but then I couldn't get it to work again.

Now I just tried it with it set to 0 for calibration and 19 for seconds, but still didn't hear my Chatot cry. That's the way I'll know if I hit it, correct? I've tried it a couple of times now but the Chatot is still silent.

Edit: I keep getting that Cobalion is Somewhat vain, which the only way that works is if I'm hitting my Timer0 of C7F, yet my Chatots aren't crying, so something isn't going right.
When you capture your Cobalion you should check the IVs, and use the Adjacent Seed Tool to see if you hit a nearby Timer0, or if you were off by a second. It's in the 5th gen tools drop-down menu from the main window of RNG reporter.

Entralink in Black 1 and White 1 uses C-Gear seeding instead of Standard seeding. C-Gear seeding requires a different calibration value. If you need a guide for Entralink, there is one here.

When you capture your Cobalion you should check the IVs, and use the Adjacent Seed Tool to see if you hit a nearby Timer0, or if you were off by a second. It's in the 5th gen tools drop-down menu from the main window of RNG reporter.
Just checked and I'm hitting my Timer0 correctly. Oddly, the first time the frame was on 51, then it was 54, and this time 52. But my Chatot still isn't crying out. It's a hacked one since I don't have a place in any of my games yet to catch a Chatot, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Eyedol

Did you record a custom Chatter with something that you can hear? If you hear the default cry of Chatot then that won't work.

Hi all,

Just planning out an attempt at a Shiny Timid HPIce Thundurus in White 1 (haven't tried to RNG a roamer before). Only shiny PIDRNG frame I can find is 636 - just wondering if this is high enough to make up for advancement of the PID by Thundurus' obligatory rain, etc?

Also one thing I'm not clear on, if there's weather present before I release the roamer, does that replace the effect of Thundurus' storm, or add to it? I've read that snow causes the PID to advance at a slower rate than rain, so I'm confused as to whether I should be aiming to have snow present or not...

Thanks in advance

Eyedol

Yeah, I gave it a silent chatter so since it's not making any sounds I'm assuming it's not working.
Silent Chatters still advance the PIDRNG but if you can't hear them then you can't use the pitches to track your current frame. You would have to count.

I finally did it! Thanks for all the help from you guys. I'm sure I'll be making my rounds in here and asking for help on some of the other RNG methods, and getting my damn Timer0 in White 2, but it seems like I've got White working.

Shiny Cobalion, Level 42, Jolly Nature, 31 IVs in all but Special Attack. Just keeping a note here for my first ever RNG'd Pokemon.

Hey guys I realize I'm new here but I need a lot of help with RNGing. I've attempted both methods of RNGing and I've tried both wild and stationary pokemon, yet nothing seems to work. I've tried multiple methods, seeds, and re-calibrating only to get the same results. I'm attempting to RNG an Axew but it always seems to be a Boldore with no special IV's despite me not doing (I think) any calculations wrong. What should I do? Thanks so much.

So when I do get it, for when I PPRNG, do I subtract the PPRNG initial value from the value of the time checker to get the amount of advances needed?

What does the cute charm lead do? and is it neccessary for stationary pokemon?

I'm assuming it's an ability of some sort...
Cute charm is an ability, just like synchronise, that may be required as a lead for a certain seed. Cute charm does not work with genderless pokemon or pokemon with a single gender, like Tauros. It is not necessary for stationary pokemon. You can use synchronise leads too but it depends on what seed RNG reporter generates. If you mouse over Cute Charm on RNG reporter (Not sure about PPRNG), you will get an explanation of how it works.

:)

Entralink in Black 1 and White 1 uses C-Gear seeding instead of Standard seeding. C-Gear seeding requires a different calibration value.
Thanks for your answer and the link you gave me, but I know all that and that is not what i'm asking. (with BW2 there is no need to entralink abuse in BW, at least not for me)

that is what i'm asking

Looking for a naive HP ice wonder card spread in RNG reporter, but there are none.

Will I have to RNG my IDs to get that spread if I wanted it later on?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Just wondering, what makes it so that you can hear your Chatot pitches? Does it just depend on the seed?
Yes, the chatot pitch sequences will depend on your seed.
Also be careful that sometimes the first few pitches will be similar to that of the wrong seed (obtained from getting a wrong Timer0), so its advised to listen more of the pitches to confirm you hit the right Timer0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)