OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

It maximises Gyro Ball damage and it's the best spread for Bronzong who lack Hidden Power [Ice].
well, it becomes a vs between max gyro ball and max hp ice. i'm sure the extra 2 ivs is more significant to get a hp ice 70 rather than lose some (any?) power in gyro ball.

why was 0 speed iv chosen instead of 2 iv?

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, it becomes a vs between max gyro ball and max hp ice. i'm sure the extra 2 ivs is more significant to get a hp ice 70 rather than lose some (any?) power in gyro ball.

why was 0 speed iv chosen instead of 2 iv?
On a Bronzong with Gyro Ball and Hidden Power [Ice] it would be best to run 2 speed IVs, as you're losing 6 base power in Hidden Power [Ice] otherwise. The reason Smogon says to run 0 Speed IVs is because Bronzong doesn't usually have Hidden Power [Ice], but definitely run 2 IVs if you're running Hidden Power [Ice].

Hello all,
I recently EV trained a Larvesta (obviously to become a volcarona) with 252evs in Sp.A, 152evs in Spe., and 100evs in Sp.D. I'm not big on IVs so I didn't pay much attention there, however it does have a careful nature (I wanted to add some bulk.
My issue is that it's Sp.A is only 199 at level 65 now and doesn't seem to be on any pace to be as high as it should be. In wondering where I could have gone wrong in the training process or if it will eventually catch up to where it should be

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Serebiis iv calculator lists 199 sp. a larvesta as not possible with a careful nature and this level, perhaps you made an error reporting this? The max special attack for larvesta at the level is 117

Well at this point it's not a volcarona (I had stated I was going to evolve it). It just seems not on pace to even hit 350

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No, I'm saying the iv calculator I'm using says your larvesta should only have a special attack stat of 117 at level 65, and that would be with 31 in ivs. At any rate, evs are sometimes tricky, and they may take effect later, and the jump from larvesta to volcarona is extremely large in stats. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you've maxed special attack evs

GatoDelFuego

The highest would be 31, so you're pretty much at the minimum. With a 31 in ivs and a positive special attack nature, such as modest, volcarona at level 100 with 252 sp. Atk evs would have a stat of 405...so you'll be about 100 points off the mark. Still powerful, but you certainly got rotten luck with the ivs on this one.

Hello all,
I recently EV trained a Larvesta (obviously to become a volcarona) with 252evs in Sp.A, 152evs in Spe., and 100evs in Sp.D. I'm not big on IVs so I didn't pay much attention there, however it does have a careful nature (I wanted to add some bulk.
My issue is that it's Sp.A is only 199 at level 65 now and doesn't seem to be on any pace to be as high as it should be. In wondering where I could have gone wrong in the training process or if it will eventually catch up to where it should be
I know how anoying it's to do this but if you have careful (+sp.def, - sp.atk) nature and 1 iv in sp.atk I would rekomend you to breed another larvesta becouse of that sp.atk lowering nature. I would recomend calm (+sp.atk, -atk) nature instead of careful.
I have a volcarona with 31 ivs in sp.atk that I can breed if you want one =)

I think that you meant Modest (+SpA, -Atk) because Calm is -Atk, +SpD.
Actually I ment ment calm becouse he wantet a more special defenciv Volcarona and then calm is better then careful. But modest works too for maximum special attack, it depends on what you like the most. I Think mine have bold för maximum physical bulk.

Then is there someone how knowes if Revenges gets a Technician boost if you attack last?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Revenge's base power is doubled if the user was hit with an attack that would deal damage to it this turn. It has a priority of -4, so it will go second most of the time. Now, it only gets the technician boost if its power is not doubled (if the user was not attacked the same turn).

Hello all,
Step 1 to saving you days of your life from breeding and Step 2 to saving you days of your life from breeding

You are welcome.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
For me, this is what every Rain Stall needs:

-Politoed: Obviously.
-Tentacruel: Spinner + Toxic spreader.
-Chansey: Specially defensive wall.
-Skarmory: Physically defensive wall. (Otherwise, dragons destroy)

Now, there are people that don't use spin blocker because all spin blockers suck in rain. You are not gonna use Jelli because your electricity weakness increase. Sableye loses 1v1 against Starmie, Tentacruel, etc. Golurk sucks. So maybe your best answer could be Gengar (subsplit or sash) with thunder to deal with spinners not named donphan.

And the last slot is your choice. Something to deal with Thundurus-T like Celebi or Latias could work.

GatoDelFuego

I'd disagree with some of lilouon's suggestions...politoed and tentacruel are 100% necessary, but there are some others that would come above skarmbliss imo. SpD Jirachi, Bulk Up Toxicroak, Amoonguss, Celebi, these are going to be your best choices. Not only do these get sweet abilities/benefits from rain, but their typings offer great resistances to what a rain team needs. SpD Jirachi is probably a 3rd required poke for dragons but you'll still need something to handle garchomp or physical attackers, but Jirachi works wonders.

Spinblockers in general aren't that necessary, because spinners are usually used for removing SR for support on volcarona and friends, and many teams won't be too wary about keeping spikes off more than stealth rock. Beating the setup sweepers is more important than beating the spinners to keep hazards.

Kings Rock isn't affected by Serene Grace (Edit: from what I can tell, though this could just be not giving 100% of possible information). From Veekun:

As a result, Kings Rock Beat Up is going to work the same with or without Serene Grace, having a 100*(1 - (1 - .10)^6) = 46.86% chance to flinch.

Edit: However, if I'm wrong, and King's Rock is affected by Serene Grace, that would give a 100*(1 - (1 - .20)^6) = 73.79% chance to flinch.

Thank you very much for this and yes it is affected by serene grace it says so in here. A lot of people think kings rock is not affected by serene grace because of serene grace's description.

Thanks a lot really!

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Is there any significant threats that a base 100 Pokémon with 252 Speed and a neutral-speed nature (e.g. Adamant or Modest) misses out? (apart from Modest Sheer Force Landorus)

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any significant threats that a base 100 Pokémon with 252 Speed and a neutral-speed nature (e.g. Adamant or Modest) misses out? (apart from Modest Sheer Force Landorus)
Looking through the Speed Tier article (http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/ouspeed_tiers#tier3) the only things truly noteworthy I could see were Jolly Lucario and +Spe Kyurem (most of the things in higher speed tiers don't seem to run non +Spe natures) If you're not worried about stuff like that or about tying with fellow 100s then you should be fine.

GatoDelFuego

Positive speed volcarona, jirachi, staraptor, and salamence, I would say, as well as Thundurus-T and the rare positive speed hydreigon or haxorus

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's also +Spe 252 Lucario, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T and Gliscor, but those are all rare.

For me, this is what every Rain Stall needs:

-Politoed: Obviously.
-Tentacruel: Spinner + Toxic spreader.
-Chansey: Specially defensive wall.
-Skarmory: Physically defensive wall. (Otherwise, dragons destroy)

Now, there are people that don't use spin blocker because all spin blockers suck in rain. You are not gonna use Jelli because your electricity weakness increase. Sableye loses 1v1 against Starmie, Tentacruel, etc. Golurk sucks. So maybe your best answer could be Gengar (subsplit or sash) with thunder to deal with spinners not named donphan.

And the last slot is your choice. Something to deal with Thundurus-T like Celebi or Latias could work.
I'd disagree with some of lilouon's suggestions...politoed and tentacruel are 100% necessary, but there are some others that would come above skarmbliss imo. SpD Jirachi, Bulk Up Toxicroak, Amoonguss, Celebi, these are going to be your best choices. Not only do these get sweet abilities/benefits from rain, but their typings offer great resistances to what a rain team needs. SpD Jirachi is probably a 3rd required poke for dragons but you'll still need something to handle garchomp or physical attackers, but Jirachi works wonders. Spinblockers in general aren't that necessary, because spinners are usually used for removing SR for support on volcarona and friends, and many teams won't be too wary about keeping spikes off more than stealth rock. Beating the setup sweepers is more important than beating the spinners to keep hazards.
No i'm asking for a framework for rainstall, not pokemon's that have to be on a rainstall team. You know like for example, hyper offensive formula (aka framework): lead,breaker(x2),sweeper,uiliuty,cleaner except that i'm looking for one for rainstall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)