Sand.team

So this is a pretty defensive sand team i made, with some big threat on it to clen up.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Standard banded scizor, gets initiative, pusuit traps latios/latias, bullet punches and beats most common walls. I chose banded scizor because well its my favorite and in my opnion the best set, it punches holes in teams, literally.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

I chose hippowdon over tyranitar because hippo is better defensively, it helps phase, sets up rocks and generally lives longer. Hippo and heatran combo so well together in my opinion. Hippo takes hits from fighting types all day and just slacks off the damage.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic

Sub toxic gliscor is honesty the most annoying thing in ou in my opinion. It stalls out a lot of threats, it lets me kill common walls outside of other gliscors and keeps the game at a slower pace so one of the threats on this team can either set up or can just sweep away.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Roost

offensive calm mind latias, with surf over hp fire to cover heatrans and gliscors, if you can stall out common special walls and get up you can just destroy teams with this. i chose latias for its natural bulk and its ability to set up with ease.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect

Specially defensive heatran is an absolute monster, it phases and shuffles around toxic, it just destroys ferros and foretresses. Heatran also has so many different sets so you can also bluff its offensive. Heatran and gliscor together can toxic stall, and phase out pokes so you can set up and sweep with latias or garchomp.

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Yache SD chomp was literally my favorite pokemon in fourth gen, its really hard to stop, it kills ferros, kills other dragons and can live ice attacks and retaliate with an outrage or an eq. Fire fang covers ferro and can also help with breloom if you dont want to get locked into outrage.

well thanks for reading, i appologize for the lack of pictures. any suggestions are welcome. i honestly really like this team, because it abuses toxic and phasing moves, it also uses garchomp which is one of my fvorite pokemon.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi. I kinda like your team, but you need to address some problems you will inevitably encounter with it.

The first one is a quite big weakness to Water attacks. Latias can stop Keldeo cold, sure (or at least almost in all cases), but it's easily trapped and killed by Tyranitar, which is very common in combination with Keldeo. Latias is also 2HKO'd by the likes of Specs Politoed if it predicts and uses Ice Beam (even if Latias CMs, it won't be enough to avoid the 2HKO most of the times, and it can't OHKO back regardless, so...). The rest of your team just cannot take Water attacks, so if Latias goes down, you're in huge problems against Rain teams, or generally teams that use many Hydro Pump spammers or something like that. Now to mitigate this problem I suggest using a Specially Defensive Celebi instead of Gliscor: you already have Hippowdon to take strong physical attacks, and Celebi improves a lot your matchup against Keldeo and Rain teams in general. Baton Pass is chosen over U-Turn to avoid being trapped by TTar, which is very helpful as described previously. Celebi also helps against RP Landorus, that looks like a nightmare for your team currently.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
- Psychic / Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Now, with Celebi on your team, Heatran seems quite redundant as special wall: Scizor can deal with Dragons to an extent, and both Hippo and Celebi can take most attacks from the relative side of the spectrum anyway if it's desperately needed. You could substitute it with a Choice Scarf Rotom-W, that solves a number of problems for your team. It preserves the Ice resistance badly needed (even after removing Gliscor, you have FOUR weaknesses, which is not really a good thing, but I guess removing the problem would require me to change too much of the team...) while offering a relatively fast and moderately bulky revenge killer with awesome typing and synergy with Scizor. It's just fast enough to outspeed +1 Gyarados and Dragonite (the former could cause you many headaches with Waterfall / Bounce / Substitute / DD) and revenge kill them with the appropriate coverage move; it also provived Trick and Volt Switch utility to shut down or avoid losing momentum against threats it cannot deal with otherwise. I considered suggesting a Scarf Keldeo in the first place, but Rotom-W deals better with the former mentioned Gyarados without losing coverage on Dragons.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Trick

Rotom also makes opposing Gliscors and Heatran almost a non-issue, allowing you to use HP Fire on Latias. It allows you to hit Steels like Ferrothorn that would otherwise hard wall you and TWave / Leech Seed / whatever, or just fish for a Gyro Ball crit, and allows you to put a serious dent in Venusaur, enough to be then revenged by Scizor.

Also, on said Scizor, you should use a spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD to avoid taking more damage from hazards and whatever else and gain a little bulk. You could also put those 8 EVs into Speed, but that would make your U-Turn faster than 0 Spe Scizor, potentially making you lose momentum in some cases.

Hope I helped. Good luck.

Hi. I kinda like your team, but you need to address some problems you will inevitably encounter with it.

The first one is a quite big weakness to Water attacks. Latias can stop Keldeo cold, sure (or at least almost in all cases), but it's easily trapped and killed by Tyranitar, which is very common in combination with Keldeo. Latias is also 2HKO'd by the likes of Specs Politoed if it predicts and uses Ice Beam (even if Latias CMs, it won't be enough to avoid the 2HKO most of the times, and it can't OHKO back regardless, so...). The rest of your team just cannot take Water attacks, so if Latias goes down, you're in huge problems against Rain teams, or generally teams that use many Hydro Pump spammers or something like that. Now to mitigate this problem I suggest using a Specially Defensive Celebi instead of Gliscor: you already have Hippowdon to take strong physical attacks, and Celebi improves a lot your matchup against Keldeo and Rain teams in general. Baton Pass is chosen over U-Turn to avoid being trapped by TTar, which is very helpful as described previously. Celebi also helps against RP Landorus, that looks like a nightmare for your team currently.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
- Psychic / Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Now, with Celebi on your team, Heatran seems quite redundant as special wall: Scizor can deal with Dragons to an extent, and both Hippo and Celebi can take most attacks from the relative side of the spectrum anyway if it's desperately needed. You could substitute it with a Choice Scarf Rotom-W, that solves a number of problems for your team. It preserves the Ice resistance badly needed (even after removing Gliscor, you have FOUR weaknesses, which is not really a good thing, but I guess removing the problem would require me to change too much of the team...) while offering a relatively fast and moderately bulky revenge killer with awesome typing and synergy with Scizor. It's just fast enough to outspeed +1 Gyarados and Dragonite (the former could cause you many headaches with Waterfall / Bounce / Substitute / DD) and revenge kill them with the appropriate coverage move; it also provived Trick and Volt Switch utility to shut down or avoid losing momentum against threats it cannot deal with otherwise. I considered suggesting a Scarf Keldeo in the first place, but Rotom-W deals better with the former mentioned Gyarados without losing coverage on Dragons.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Trick

Rotom also makes opposing Gliscors and Heatran almost a non-issue, allowing you to use HP Fire on Latias. It allows you to hit Steels like Ferrothorn that would otherwise hard wall you and TWave / Leech Seed / whatever, or just fish for a Gyro Ball crit, and allows you to put a serious dent in Venusaur, enough to be then revenged by Scizor.

Also, on said Scizor, you should use a spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD to avoid taking more damage from hazards and whatever else and gain a little bulk. You could also put those 8 EVs into Speed, but that would make your U-Turn faster than 0 Spe Scizor, potentially making you lose momentum in some cases.

Hope I helped. Good luck.
I changed the scizor right after I posted this, I made it have 8 speed to attempt to out speed other scizors.

Originally the heatran was a rotom-w, I like celebi ill prolly try it out. Thanks for your advice sir.

Hi there ItzJon, your team is very solid. :]

One thing i've noticed though while looking through your team is that it has a major weakness to Scarfed Dragons, mainly things like Salamence, Kyurem-B, and even Haxorus (lol) can Outrage through your team like it's nothing. Yes, you have a steel type, but Specially defensive Heatran isn't going be taking strong Outrages anytime soon. For that matter, i recommend running physically defensive Hippowdon rather than Mixed Wall.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang/Whirlwind

With this set, Hippowdon has no type of problem whatsoever with dragons, taking their hits like they're nothing and finishing them off with an easy Ice Fang. I mean this thing REALLY does not give a single fuck about about physical Dragons. Look at these calcs for instance:
252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 130-154 (30.95 - 36.66%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 169-201 (40.23 - 47.85%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hopefully you'll consider this, and i hope your team works out well!
Good Luck!!

Hi there ItzJon, your team is very solid. :]

One thing i've noticed though while looking through your team is that it has a major weakness to Scarfed Dragons, mainly things like Salamence, Kyurem-B, and even Haxorus (lol) can Outrage through your team like it's nothing. Yes, you have a steel type, but Specially defensive Heatran isn't going be taking strong Outrages anytime soon. For that matter, i recommend running physically defensive Hippowdon rather than Mixed Wall.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang/Whirlwind

With this set, Hippowdon has no type of problem whatsoever with dragons, taking their hits like they're nothing and finishing them off with an easy Ice Fang. I mean this thing REALLY does not give a single fuck about about physical Dragons. Look at these calcs for instance:
252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 130-154 (30.95 - 36.66%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 169-201 (40.23 - 47.85%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hopefully you'll consider this, and i hope your team works out well!
Good Luck!!
Thanks and im using max def hippowdon it works really well. and thanks again i like this team a lot.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hello, interesting team. I don't really think Heatran fits this team well, as with a weather starter like Hippowdon and Latias, you're not too weak to Sun anyways, while I think Rain teams can be more problematic, since Latias is your only water-resist, and under rain stuff like Keldeo can easily spam Hydro Pump and Keldeo can easily turn into a win condition for your opponent, especially if it's Choice Scarfed and outspeeds your whole team. By removing Heatran, you'd remove a Water weakness that seems to be pretty present on your team, that already has Hippowdon and Gliscor. To replace Heatran, I think you'd be better off with a Jellicent. Jellicent can easily wall Keldeo and Politoed, and it helps you dealing with Rain in general. Scald is helpful to dish out decent damage and Will-O-Wisp is useful to burn stuff like Ferrothorn, and Scizor. Recover lets you increase your longevity and heal back half your health, and finally, Taunt lets you shutdown stuff like Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc. Cool team, hope I helped.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Dangers of Landorus

One thing i noticed here, is your entire team is kinda weak to Landorus-O. Hp ice will OHKO Gliscor if it hits, and if the ever more common Safeguard Blissy is used Gliscor can't do much in return. Landorus can Outspeed Garchomp when players go for more then 4 evs in the SP Def category and since Land is only 1 speed stat below Chomp the yache berry can often become useless. U-turn for the non defensive Latias, will quickly have it roosting to often to set up Calm mind enough for the defensive boost to be overwhelming. Non Balloon Heatran obviously walled by a Landorus, especially if a safeguard is set up. I agree with previous comments that Heatran may not flow perfectly, although it and scizor are great counters to the Ice types that will be brought out to prey on the other 4 ice weak mons. Perhaps instead of Heatran a Terrakion you already have a Special wall fulfillment of hippowdon and Terrakion functions better for coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)