Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena: The Future
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokémon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the centre of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Poké Ball centre). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide & creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it is an outdoor arena with a large water source & packed dirt. Pokémon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokémon, who cannot leave the arena & cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokémon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokémon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, this is not in the present day though, this is in the future; An ASB after the Stat Boosters reforms. An ASB where decay is non-existent, & an ASB where the increment is increased. The question is, though, could ASB still be balanced after these reforms? Time to find out.

Mechanics:

• All moves & abilities (Except Anger Point) that alter the stage of a stat, whether it be Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, Accuracy, & Evasion, are all maintained at the end of each round; i.e. Stat Boosts do not decay.
  • The damage increment for Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, & Sp. Defence boosts is increased to 2 from 1.75.
  • The Stage Difference boost will remain outside the SE Multiplier, however.
Summary: This is basically what ASB could look like after the whole Stat Boosters saga has come to an end. Possibly.
Anyone? I mean, if we want to get a good indicator of whether ASB would be better without decay than with...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 FE Singles
3 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena: The Future
Field Type: Neutral

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokémon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the centre of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Poké Ball centre). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide & creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it is an outdoor arena with a large water source & packed dirt. Pokémon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokémon, who cannot leave the arena & cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokémon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokémon, or other elements not associated with the current battle. However, this is not in the present day though, this is in the future; An ASB after the Stat Boosters reforms. An ASB where decay is non-existent, & an ASB where the increment is increased. The question is, though, could ASB still be balanced after these reforms? Time to find out.

Mechanics:

• All moves & abilities (Except Anger Point) that alter the stage of a stat, whether it be Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, Accuracy, & Evasion, are all maintained at the end of each round; i.e. Stat Boosts do not decay.
  • The damage increment for Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, & Sp. Defence boosts is increased to 2 from 1.75.
  • The Stage Difference boost will remain outside the SE Multiplier, however.
Summary: This is basically what ASB could look like after the whole Stat Boosters saga has come to an end. Possibly.
I'll take this up. I'll look at it as a training match opportunity.

I will also be issuing two challenges to fill up my slots:

Open Challenge (1):

3vs3 Mid-LC Doubles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = Training

Arena: The Bosses' Way

Arena: The Bosses' Way
Field Type: Ground/Electric
Complexity: Intense
Format: Any

Restrictions: Limited Ceiling, Artificial Field, No Weather, No Water Source, No Digging

Description:

The arena is in a darkened, concrete indoor Gym with a large throne chair placed on top of a stone balcony with two flanking concrete brickwork stairwells on either side. In front of this lies a standard Gym floor pattern, with a twist. The arena is lined by six (6) surrounding blue orbed poles that generate an electric field that keeps the Pokemon inside the 20 W x 40 L X 15 H (feet) arena. If any Pokemon other than an Electric or Ground type hits the barrier [they can be knocked in by Weight-Based moves from Pokemon two (2) or more weight classes higher or attacks greater than 10 Total BAP.], they will suffer four (4) HP damage. Resistance to electricity will reduce this damage by two (2), while Weakness to electricity will increase it by two (2).

Because it is enclosed, weather moves will not work in this arena. It has no water sources and the concrete is too thick and musty to be dug through. The arena has fairly low natural lighting, but most Pokemon can see just fine, and if the electric field is hit it will generate light.

Open Challenge (2):

3vs3 FE Training Doubles
3 Day DQ Time
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = Training

Arena: Earthen Crater

Arena: Earthen Crater
Field Type: Ground/Rock

Restrictions: No Rain Dance or Hail, No Water Source

Description:

A dry, hollowed out crater in the middle of the desert. The sun is always shining on this desolate wasteland, immortalized in time with a rocky stillness. The large arena is pockmarked with multiple meteor impacts, creating a craggy, difficult terrain. The crater forms a bowl that sharply inclines toward the center. The crater itself is about 50 feet in diameter. Rain and Hail may not be summoned in the arena, and its natural state is bright, but not particularly hot.

Challenging Pwnemon TWICE (there are TWO BATTLES HERE)

2v2 LC Doubles
1 Day DQ
Abilites=All
Items=Training
5 chills/1 Recover per Pokemon

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Putting out two 2v2 Doubles challenges, one weakmons, one strongmons
ASB Arena
you pick the rest

edit: weakmons one is a 3v3 doubles

Accepting Texas Cloverleaf's 3v3 weakmons challenge

2 recovers/5 chills
2 substitutions
3-day DQ
Switch = KO
Abilities = All
Items = Training

Subref please?
Seriously, it's been almost two weeks since we ordered, and the round still isn't reffed ;~;

Clogging up the queue of matches that need refs more by issuing out another challenge!

CHALLENGING HOUNDOOMSDAY
2v2 NFE Singles
2 Day DQ
Items = Training
2 recovers/ 2 chills
2 subs

He can decide the rest

Hmm, ref shortage, that means that I can ref a match and they won't care if I take two months because they'll be worried they can't find a subref. Muahahahaha.

Wait...did I say that out loud? Oh well.

Taking Akela vs. ZT and Houndoomsday vs. waterwarrior, PM Teams

Actual threads won't be up until a little after 4 PM.

"I accept Peewee! You are no match for my Magcargo!"

sizzle...

"Ok, bring the heat!"

Ancient Power~Flamethrower~Ancient Power
-if bide, change actions to Smokescreen x3
-if protective/evasive action, shell smash the first instance, and smokescreen the second, BUT not twice in a row

(Jk guys, I'm just messing with you. Complications this isnt a battle hall thread, remove that lol.)

Open Challenge

1vs1 FE pokemon 30-40 moves
2 day DQ
2 recoveries and chills
No Switch
All Abilities
All Items
Arena: Teleportation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)