Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
So running through White 2 and I just realized there is no Larvesta to be found. This is complete bullshit.
Yeah, just breed the volcorona for larvesta, or grab a level 70 one (35 if you haven't defeated it already) in the relic castle, you go there through the relic passage by the PWT.
Hope I helped ;)

Opinions on Natures for....

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what natures work the best for...
-Giratina (Altered Forme)
-Azelf
-Uxie

I'm not playing competitively, but I do battle my friends quite a bit, and I was making a team to stall them out the next time we fought (hence Giratina). As well, I noticed Uxie and Azelf garnering some use in the Battle Frontier when checking records. I was curious to see what natures make them the most viable in that environment ONLY. Any help deciding on natures and perhaps EVs would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
can you check if a pokemon is 'legit'? if so how?
If you have access to Wifi you can yous Pokecheck... But I don't know how legal that is to mention here... Go look for it, it's pretty simple :)

Viability of a Battle Frontier Team Composition

Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to take a look at this. I made a team some time ago, but it was only on paper. After learning to manipulate the RNG, I finally have my team. It is as follows:

Garchomp
Jolly @ Focus Sash
31/31/31/31/31/31
6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

My lead. I've heard and seen (through Battle Videos) this Pokemon devastate the Frontier before, so I figured I should try it out. The only question I have is whether or not I should replace Stone Edge with Substitute or Fire Fang.

Suicune
Bold @ Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SP. DEF

Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rest

Just by looking at this thing, I can tell it has potential to be a beastly tank. The moveset is, again, the only question I have regarding it: should Ice Beam be replaced by Sleep Talk or Substitute?

Metagross
Adamant @ Shuca Berry/ Lum Berry/ Choice Scarf
31/31/31/31/31/31
(not 100% sure how I should assign its EVs as of yet- I would like max Attack with some bulk, but Speed is important too)

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion
Bullet Punch/ Ice Punch/ Thunderpunch/ Agility

I remember using one of these on my Emerald Frontier team- it was a brute from what I can remember. Other than the EVs and the the obvious last move slot problem, what item would be of most use to it?

If anyone took the time to read this novella, I would like to thank you from the heart of my bottom, and hope to hear some suggestions/ critiques from you soon. Cheers!

Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to take a look at this. I made a team some time ago, but it was only on paper. After learning to manipulate the RNG, I finally have my team. It is as follows:

Garchomp
Jolly @ Focus Sash
31/31/31/31/31/31
6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

My lead. I've heard and seen (through Battle Videos) this Pokemon devastate the Frontier before, so I figured I should try it out. The only question I have is whether or not I should replace Stone Edge with Substitute or Fire Fang.

Suicune
31/x/31/31/31/31

Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rest

Just by looking at this thing, I can tell it has potential to be a beastly tank. The moveset is, again, the only question I have regarding it: should Ice Beam be replaced by Sleep Talk or Substitute?

Metagross
31/31/31/31/31/31
(not 100% sure how I should assign its EVs as of yet- I would like max Attack with some bulk, but Speed is important too)

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

I remember using one of these on my Emerald Frontier team- it was a brute from what I can remember. Other than the EVs and the the obvious last move slot problem, what item would be of most use to it?

If anyone took the time to read this novella, I would like to thank you from the heart of my bottom, and hope to hear some suggestions/ critiques from you soon. Cheers!
It may be considered necromancy, but we do have a thread for that! :D

I'll still give you some feedback, just in case it is necromancy. I would definitely consider changing Stone Edge for Fire Fang, since it has less chance of a miss and coverage against Grass-types, which your team lacks. Additionally, try a Yache Berry to help with Ice-type moves against Garchomp.

Keep Chesto on Milotic, and keep Ice Beam. You'll probably only need to Rest once a match at the most, and Ice Beam provides some important coverage against Dragon- and Grass-types.

Give Metagross some considerable bulk, since Psychic/Steel is an impressive type combo in Gen IV. Also, for the item, I would actually pick either Leftovers, if you go with an Agility set, or an Expert Belt, if you go with an elemental punch.

Garchomp
Jolly @ Focus Sash
31/31/31/31/31/31
6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Suicune
31/x/31/31/31/31

Surf
Ice Beam
Calm Mind
Rest

Metagross
31/31/31/31/31/31
232 Atk / 208 Hp / 68 Speed, 252 Atk / 208 Hp / 48 Speed, 252 Atk / 180 Hp / 76 Speed

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

Ev ideas, First one is for Bullet Punch, Second for Agillity and Third for Ice Punch / Thunder Punch.

I would assume some sort of cheating device. Won't name specific products as I assume that would run along the same vein as ROMs and emulators.
It wouldn't have to be a cheating device. You could always use a capture card for DS. Of course, those aren't particularly cheap, afaik.

There are no set starters, since it only existed in the anime. Seeing as it was a post-Kanto, pre-Johto arc, I'd assume Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander.
A quick look at that guy's profile and he seems like an ad troll. idk :V

@Zowayix: Don't remember Tasty's genders ever been mentioned in all three games (Considering the Tasty subplot was hilarious as all hell, I made sure to check when I did have the opportunity too most of the time)

In all three Gen IV PMD games, are Team Tasty's genders ever mentioned? If so, what are they?
Confirming the above post - the genders were never mentioned, nor do either Pokémon have gender differences (aww). But, I would assume they're both male, based on Chunsoft probably not wanting to joke about Pokémon cannibalism with females.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
does a legendary disappear if you lose to it? as in, white/black out?
In the latest games, iirc, the legends do not disappear; they just remain in their spots until they are taken out/caught. But in the earlier games, however—as in pre-Generation IV—I think they might disappear, but I am not 100% certain. I might need to do a little more research on that.

does a legendary disappear if you lose to it? as in, white/black out?
Adding on to what Its A Random said, all post-gen 3 legends stayed. Gen 3 and before, however, was somewhat different, I believe. Plot-centric Legendaries (ie Groudon) always stayed until beaten/caught, and roaming ones simply continued to roam, like in later games

I do not know about non-plot centric stationaries, such as the legendary birds, however. I'll get back to you on that if I find out.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I have no idea where to put this btw

My school is running a monotype 5th gen tourney, with only two rule: no legendaries, and no illegal hacks. I wanted to get feedback on this team and any specific weaknesses it might have:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Modest nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

Huntail @ White Herb
EVs: 252 HP/24 Def/232 Spe
Impish nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Thoughts? I can foresee Electric Pokemon being issues. I might be able to handle them if Electric is their secondary type, but if their main team is Electric I don't know what I could do. Maybe replace something with Quagsire? These will be legally hacked so availability isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)