Virtue's Last Reward

Welcome to virtue's last reward, a balanced team biased around tyranitar and keldeo + FGW core o heatran, keldeo and celebi. I have come out o official retirement now and I hope it's this team that helps me relive my glory days of the past. Virtue's last reward is named after my most favourite Playstaion vita game, which got me through some rough times an to which I thought it was only right to get a platinium on. so let's see if we can not get this team to the same platinium standard as the highly revered VLR. Remember to luvdisc/like if you like the team

Skarmory @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 16 SDef / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is here as my check or counter for physical threats such as terrkion and as a way of whirlwind out anything that may try to boost on other membere, again namely terrakion. Skarmory has spikes but I don't have an anti spinner, atm this is not presenting a problem as spikes are more of a bonus and tyranitar traps the number one spinner and kills it, so spikes can come and go as they please, they are only here because skamory is not filled with better alternatives. I have wondered whether another steel would be more sutible, but skarmory seems the best bet for now.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

I was origonally going to use scarf keldeo, but I'd rather have another physical pokemon and give keldeo more room. So naturally it was not a giant skip of the imagination to go for lando here, he can deal with dragons thanks to good speicla attack and hp ice + sand boosted stone edge for kyurem-b. Sand boosted EQ is nice but I make sure not to get trapped on it, u turn lets me make a quick escape and keep the momentum and mains any specially defensive celebi stupid enough to think this is sheeer force landerous. Nothing much more to sya here, he is a solid user of choice scarf and an asset to the team should a problem arise and a revenge kill is required.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

RAWR, this thing is powerful, but more important he is the herat and soul of the team, the glue that holds it together. Tyranitar is here to check/counters to the team, lati? no problem, starmie bye bye ect. ect. tyranitar makes gaps in the enemy team, for keldeo and pals to make use of. sandstorm is nice as only keldeo and celebi are hurt by it, but it makes landerous, that bit more of a powerful scarfer with stone edge and eq getting a nice boost. Ev spread for tyranitar was adjusted to outpace jellificent.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Keldeo is here to set up and sweep once the time comes, as mentioned his friend tyranitar doe a good job at taking out threats that would otherwise, wall it. The set is simple hydro pump for rawr power, Secret sword for fighting stab, substitute to prevent status and calm mind to set up. Keldeo is a pretty straight forward mon.

Heatran @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

heatran the fire in my belly, aka the fire part of the FWG grass core, his power and coverage and access to Sr are an ascent to the team and his typing pairs extremely well with celebi. Air balloon allows him to get the jump on things that carry EQ, such as garchomp, landerous and pals. Modest nature was chosen for more power.

Latias @ Life Orb

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Celebi was not working out, it was struggling to deal with landerous-I rock polish set, so at the advice of my learned associate I decided to opt for latias instead with an offensive set, which is bulky and powerful enough to deal with thunderous and landerous rp sets as if either were to set up the team would probally get sweeped.

Furture

Testing out jirachi instead of skamory to see if jirachi is amore productive mon for the team as the extra hazards are not needed as much as a way to stop more pecially baised threats to the team, which skarmory only adds too.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Dude, i like this kind of playstyle and i appreciated the use of Skarmory in a so offensive team, but i have something to advice you so, let s start with the rate!

First off, the team seems weak to special sweepers, especially RPLandorus or Agility Thundurus-T, they pratically could give you 6-0 without any problem after the boost (for exemple on your switch-off of Skarmory or on your ScarfLandorus locked in Earthquake), you may only try to enter with Celebi (not on Landorus, because the combo Earthpower+Hp Ice kill it anyway) , but with Stealth Rocks up + Sandstorm Damage, is in OHKO range by Thundurus' s Hidden Power Ice anyway.
My suggestion is to try to replace LOLatias instead of Celebi, she does a very similar work to Celebi, helps you against Offensive Rain teams, common water type pokemon (such as Rotom-W or Keldeo)and against Breloom, furthermore helps you to counter the above threats. You should try it with an Evs spread of 72HP/184Satk/252Spd Timid Nature and a moveset of Draco Meteor/Surf/Psyshock/Recover. This Evs spread allows you to have a bit bulk more having at the same time the offensive that your team needs, against Scizor and Tyranitar, you have to predict the switch in to not be trapped, is the same thing of Celebi, because with U-Turn you dont escape from Pursuit anyway.

Last thing, your Tyranitar is running a Choice Band set, i'd suggest you to use an Evs spread of 148HP/252Atk/108Spd Adamant Nature, it allows you to outspeed and kill a prey that must not fail, i mean Jellicent, that with WoW/Scald may burn you and make useless your Ttar. You also should move 16evs from Sdef to Spd on your Skarmory, in this way you can outspeed others and win the Spikes/Whirlwind War, usefull sometimes.

I didn t tell much, because the team has a good sinergy and doesn t need much changes. Hope i helped you :)

Tl;dr

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Gaara (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

---------> 16Spd

Hi there,

Pretty solid team, however you do look a little hard pressed against Rain Teams. Your only water resists are Keldeo and Celebi, both of which are offensive so I imagine you have a lot of trouble against teams carrying more than one water type. I don't really understand your Celebi set too much either -- I don't think you need to run an offensive Celebi when you already have Heatran and Keldeo to perform that Special Attacker role, and both of them do it much better than Celebi. I'd strongly advise changing your Celebi to a Specially Defensive set, giving you a much better switch for Thundurus-T / Keldeo / Politoed, while giving you an answer for Rock Polish Landorus who looks extremely threatening. Between Specially Defensive Celebi, Skarmory and Tyranitar you now have a pretty good defensive core which will allow you to sweep with Keldeo a lot more consistently now that you have Celebi as a backup for stuff like Latios when Tyranitar is weakened. Celebi also can also now run Baton Pass to escape Tyranitar, saving you from a Landorus sweep.

Like Uomo Solo stated, I think you could do with running a little more speed on your Tyranitar. I like to run a spread of 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe on Choice Band Tyranitar to get the jump on common 'mons that you will probably want to outspeed. If you choose to go with the Specially Defensive Celebi suggestion, you might lose one of your better answers for Jellicent -- with the extra speed investment on Tyranitar, you will outspeed the majority of opposing Jellicents [unless they are speed creeping incredibly high], meaning you can Crunch / Pursuit it before it tries to burn you, paving the way for a Keldeo sweep. Additionally, you also now get the jump on Specially Defensive Heatran and 0 Speed Dragonite, so you can remove both before they can do anything.

On the topic of EV spreads, you might want to change Heatran's a little. I'd recommend trying out an EV spread of 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spe, alongside a Timid Nature. This is just an optional change if you decide to change Celebi's set. Changing to a more defensive Celebi means that you lose the ability to remove Breloom as easily as before. With this EV spread change, you keep some bulk while outspeeding everything up to Jolly Breloom -- at that point, there's really nothing else that you should try to outspeed with Heatran.

Good luck!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SDef / 36 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain / Psychic
- Perish Song / Psychic
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Yes, a specially defensive celebi is in order, I should ahve posted it firts but I wanted to try offensive first and thanks for pointing out the tyranitar issue, your completel right, jelly could be a huge problem I have overlooked.

Lol RP SF landerous was putting the fear of god into me, when making this team XD. No one wonder people are starting to get suspicious of landerous!

Thank you, one would have replied earlier but, i was on the iphone and thtas rather inconvenient.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, Malomyotismon.

Wow, I love this team! You really have good synergy, and there isn't any one threat I can think of that can hurt your team (Lucario comes to mind, but it's only really a threat if Landorus goes down and Skarmory isn't at full health [or if rocks are up]). The only things I can suggest are slight modifications to EV spreads, which Jimbon already did. While it is EXTREMELY trivial and minor, TECHNICALLY Choice Scarf Landorus only needs 248 Spe EVs to out-speed Neutral Kingdra in the rain and +1 Salamence/Volcarona/Jirachi, so you can give him 8 EVs in SAtk instead of the 4 you gave him. Really it isn't important, but I suppose every point counts. Change Heatran to Timid, since most run Modest, and it's always nice when people think that their own Heatran will speed tie with you, and out-speeding standard SDef Ninetales and Adamant Toxicroak is always nice. And I agree with Uomo Solo that you should add a bit of speed to Skarmory so that you'll win the Whirlwind war. Other than that, I would also recommend most of the EV changes that Jimbon suggested, but it looks like you already changed those, so I don't really know what else to say. Haha I feel bad that I can't be of more help to you, but the team's synergy seems pretty dang solid. Kudos!

Hope I was able to help (though I'm sure I wasn't haha). Good luck with the team, and good job!

I know you love that skarmory, but to combat Thundurus you might wanna try a bodyslam extra sp.defensive Jirachi!

I know you love that skarmory, but to combat Thundurus you might wanna try a bodyslam extra sp.defensive Jirachi!
yes thats a good idea, i use skarmory is a check for dragons and pals I just need the right jirachi set, but there is still the issue with landerouses rp set, celebi just dose not handle it well, so i am going to switch to latias with umosolo's set and tet jirachi and skarmory out to see the more effective mon.

thank you for your rate.

Hey there malo, LOVE the team (luvdisking)! It's got great synergy and nice indivdual sets. I can't see very many threats hurting this team. One thing though:

I could see threats like Thundurus-T, Cloyster, and more sweeping this team apart. Thundurus-T takes half your team down in an OHKO or 2HKO, and Cloyster takes 4. You should watch out for stuff like this, and add a SD Scizor. Once it gets a Swords Dance up, it can OHKO (I think, too lazy to do calcs) and 2HKO a Cloyster with Sash using Bullet Punch. I'd also recommend using a Sub/CM set for Latias, just because it's always worked better with me, and the set you have it usually more suitable for a Latios. That's pretty much it (I'm not a big rater), and I hope your team looks great!

Sets
Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant Nature
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
-Swords Danc
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost / Acrobatics

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid / Calm Nature
248 HP / 8 SpAtk /252 Spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost

Hey there malo, LOVE the team (luvdisking)! It's got great synergy and nice indivdual sets. I can't see very many threats hurting this team. One thing though:

I could see threats like Thundurus-T, Cloyster, and more sweeping this team apart. Thundurus-T takes half your team down in an OHKO or 2HKO, and Cloyster takes 4. You should watch out for stuff like this, and add a SD Scizor. Once it gets a Swords Dance up, it can OHKO (I think, too lazy to do calcs) and 2HKO a Cloyster with Sash using Bullet Punch. I'd also recommend using a Sub/CM set for Latias, just because it's always worked better with me, and the set you have it usually more suitable for a Latios. That's pretty much it (I'm not a big rater), and I hope your team looks great!

Sets
Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant Nature
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
-Swords Danc
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost / Acrobatics

Latias @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid / Calm Nature
248 HP / 8 SpAtk /252 Spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost
thanks skamory, hwen testing i did not find cloyster to be a huge problem, as if it leads with fs, skarmory can whirl wind it out. Other landerous it would have greta difficulty setting up on the rest of the team i find.

as for thunderous in addition it's a problem and i don't think calm is the answer as i need to kill them off the bat as both have a way to get past tyranitar.

I really like this team and all the synergy it has. What do you do against SD Techniloom or opposing Keldeo? It's a great team and I luvdisc it.

I really like this team and all the synergy it has. What do you do against SD Techniloom or opposing Keldeo? It's a great team and I luvdisc it.
keldeo is dealt with by latias, for tenchiloom, i let it put something to sleep if it comes in on something like tyranitar and deal with it using the appropriate pokemon such as skarmory or latias. This dose highlight an issue on the over reliance on latias, something i must look into, as i am expecting it to take a lot of abuse.

Is there anything important Latias Ohko's with Draco Meteor? 2 dragon pulses will do more than 2 Draco Meteor's iirc and it leaves you less likely to be revenged by a scizor or weakened TTar.

Other than that there isn't anything that really bugs me when looking at this team. Good job as always dude

Edit: 2 dragon pulses does less than 2 Draco meteors, not sure why I thought it was the other way around. Still, dragon pulse leaves you harder to be trapped by something like scizor

Is there anything important Latias Ohko's with Draco Meteor? 2 dragon pulses will do more than 2 Draco Meteor's iirc and it leaves you less likely to be revenged by a scizor or weakened TTar.

Other than that there isn't anything that really bugs me when looking at this team. Good job as always dude

Edit: 2 dragon pulses does less than 2 Draco meteors, not sure why I thought it was the other way around. Still, dragon pulse leaves you harder to be trapped by something like scizor
maybe, but latias is rather, weak otherwise with out draco and i would probally take scior out first before i go spamming draco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)