Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avatar for basileus. Hope you like it. It lost a little bit of detail when I downsized it :C so you dont have to use it if you dont want to. Technically its not even what you asked to have done.

EDIT: crap sorry for double post.

Very cool, I like it, however it isn't exactly what I wanted. :(

Sorry, I should explain, when I see Lampent I don't really see emotion, your artwork is very impressive but I wanted somthing very basic and easy on the eyes. That avi is just too intense, it looks like Lampent is about to deliver a final blow in a really serious fight. I would just like a background that brings out Lampent's...features? Sorry, it is hard for me to explain, I am not an artist like you guys. The main reason I want a background is so It doesn't look like I got the Lampent off of google images :\

Thank you for thinking of me though, I wasn't expecting anyone to respond at all :3

lol its ok, I just wanted to draw something and avis are quick and lampent seemed fun. I am not too great at backgrounds tho (as you can see).

Hi guys!

I was thinking about making some t-shirts with some friends about a phrase we are using these past days in every game we play of pokemon.

Basically it is "YOLO" (Using it every time we are not sure about what to do next in the battle), so we were thinking about the YOLOest pokemon ever, and it came out a Lickilicky with a normal gem on a golden chain attached to it like a necklace (Due to explosion move and blablablah.. You sure know about what i am talking about).

So... My inquiry here is... Is there anybody who can help me doing like a logo or maybe just the picture of the Lickilicky with the normal gen golden necklace?

I will be more than grateful if somebody can do this for me!

Thanks in advance for any responde and also we are open to any suggestions you make about this "YOLO-Stuff" so we can make the most fun about it.

Thanks once again.

I can do it. Couple of things that I gotta ask is what size do you want the pic to be, what colour the shirt will be, and if it can have my link address to my profile on smogon.....

I can do it. Couple of things that I gotta ask is what size do you want the pic to be, what colour the shirt will be, and if it can have my link address to my profile on smogon.....
About the link on it, sure! After all it is going to be your work that we will be using and you deserve the credit!

For the color of the shirt, we were thinking in red or black, i think is going to be red because we already have a black one of our local PKMN team so we do not want another with the same color.

And for the size... Weeeeeell... We have not decide it yet about that, let me check out with my friends about the design of it, and i will post to you a preview of it so you can know the location we want for the picture and also get an idea of the size.

Thanks for your fast response! We really appreciate it!

About the link on it, sure! After all it is going to be your work that we will be using and you deserve the credit!

For the color of the shirt, we were thinking in red or black, i think is going to be red because we already have a black one of our local PKMN team so we do not want another with the same color.

And for the size... Weeeeeell... We have not decide it yet about that, let me check out with my friends about the design of it, and i will post to you a preview of it so you can know the location we want for the picture and also get an idea of the size.

Sure, no problem. You can take a look at my latest work on smeargle's studio here to see the quality of what I do: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3460266&page=6

I'm quite worried that red will completely overpower Lickylicky's pink body to the point that it is hard to look at. If you do use red, make sure its quite desaturated.

Two new fusions. I'm sure you'll be able to tell what they are lol.

That's gonna be Shuckle's evo. Blissey's HP and its own Def and SpD. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Looking for the general consensus of which color scheme to use
Although green is my favorite color, I might have to go with the blue one (to me, the colors give a inverted vibe to it). Also just some suggestions but I would make the border of the wing blue just some it blends well with the sprite better. Also, for the right arm (on the left side of the sprite), looks a tad bit off to me. Maybe positioning it higher would align it better. Also, the dewclaw on the right side can be straightened a bit too just so it doesn't get crunched up. Just my two cents, really neat concept! :)

Thank you for the suggestions, adding them shortly. What do you mean by border of the wing? As in where the wing meets the body? I don't know where else blue would look good. The arms are really a result of laziness, I was just lazy at first because the colors were different and I didn't feel like outline editing, I'll see what I can do, I might even move the other arm down to match the length.

Hey guys!

I have a simple request, not pokemon related. I saw this (http://imgur.com/gallery/O2KEg) on the internet another day and i really wanted to make some so i could distribute them. But im a horrible horrible artist and every try i made failed miserably. Can anyone help me? It doesnt need to be a copy of this one, just something along this lines.

It would be in portuguese (i live in Brazil), so if you are interested/can help me, PM and i will PM you back what should be written. =P

Thanks in advance!

Very simple request involving the above Lucario sprite:

I require this Lucario to become SSj3 like in the Hide Tag below. All that's really required is the long SS hair and the orange clothes. However, if it is possible, I would like the blue lightning, but that is not a requirement and is thus optional:

Please VM me when /if it is complete. Thanks in advance ^_^

canno

formerly The Reptile
As you may or may not have heard, Mewtwo has a new forme out, so I decided to sprite it because why not?

The results are below, it includes the sprite itself in 3 different sized, a Shiny sprite (using the power of assuming :P), and a size comparison to Mewtwo. His left arm feels a bit fat, but w/e.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/1235/

would someone mind making that GSC Goku trainer sprite gen 5 style? as in, 80x80, better color palette

it is for my pokemon showdown trainer sprite

edit: here are some examples

edit 2:
<&chaos> alternatively, you dont have to use that as a base
<&chaos> i just want a goku gen 5 trainer sprite lol

edit 3: layell's attempt
(see my next post for critique)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I can make that happen chaos, I'll probably end up redoing a lot since I'm not a huge fan of outright taking others sprites but I'm sure it will still be good.

tentative final:
I'll come back to this tomorrow to see if I made any horrible mistakes.

chaos edit: if it looks washed out to you, it had the wrong colorspace--heres the right one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)