The Strumline [Fakedex Project on 4th post]

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet, that shall change!
I really enjoy your coloring, it's smooth and in a way gives your art a cartoonish vibe. The Milotic card mostly catches my eye for the coloring (I haven't played Persona 4, yet but I want to; I've watched a few episodes of it and played Persona 4 Arena) and maybe as a suggestion (take it or leave it), have the background lines more arranged as an "x-like" formation and I would probably replace some of the lines with a solid background (you can use yellow to keep the Persona vibe). To me, the extra background lines look rather busy to me and if you toned that down a bit, I think it might look a bit better. Also just a minor nitpick, I see some white spots out of the lines on Milotic's right hair in the black background (sorry I can't explain the location well).
Other than that, keep up the great work!

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
The Milotic looked brilliant. Also loved the Crobat.
Thanks! Glad you liked it.
Hope you stick around for a good while with this quality art man n_n
I hope so too! I'm interested in contributing to various aspects and project of the site, if time would be so kind to me. Sometimes my job is lax so I have quite a bit of free time, while sometimes it's too hectic. I can always update during weekends though so I think that's a good thing.
To me, the extra background lines look rather busy to me and if you toned that down a bit, I think it might look a bit better. Also just a minor nitpick, I see some white spots out of the lines on Milotic's right hair in the black background (sorry I can't explain the location well).
Other than that, keep up the great work!
Oh I see those white spots! I should've noticed it sooner. Although, the 'busy' feel is exactly the thing i wanted to express, since that IMO is the feel of Persona 4's pop art. Thanks for the critique!
Also you should totally draw people from Persona like your RO characters! <333
Whoa is that a request? I'll do it! Although, I'm in the minority fandom of Yu x Rise. Here's a WIP! I'll continue it the moment my sched loosens up.

Also this is my MAC entry for this month's theme: Surrealism.
I present to you Surreaveelution!

There are actually 24 pokemon species that made an appearance here, albeit many of them are only body part references. Can you guess them all?

Edit: oops, I shouldn't put simple requests here, otherwise the thread'll be locked lol

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Whew, this Holy Week is damn busy! A wee update for now. Presenting Jetpoleon, another Art for Articles attempt!

Also, I am an idiot for not clarifying that I'm currently accepting requests! I'll be able to do some during weekends, so if you have a certain request, just post it here and I'll see what I can do.

I really do enjoy the perspective for the Empoleon and how you added waves on top of its head as well to make it more like its engulfed in water. Also, may I request a Scrafty in a Persona-like style? Thanks!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ughhh man, I don't normally request things for *reasons*, but... if you wanted to do a pic of a woobat harvesting the energy of its trainer (ala Bummer's last pokemon biology article), that would be really awesome!
Pretty interesting article! I hope I nailed your request though. I present to you Insidious Woobat!

I really do enjoy the perspective for the Empoleon and how you added waves on top of its head as well to make it more like its engulfed in water. Also, may I request a Scrafty in a Persona-like style? Thanks!
Here you go! I present thee Scrafty Remix!

I had fun with making these requests. I hope both of you like it! :toast:

A blessed Black Saturday to everyone!

You definitely should do a sawsbuck. No art gallery is complete without a sawsbuck!

Love your stuff! That Empoleon is BA!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoa. Your art is just phenomenal. You should totally consider doing art for The Smog (not that I'm an author for them, it's just a suggestion). Also, since you do take requests, may I have a Tyranitar and Keldeo standing next to one another? Happy Easter Sunday!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Sorry for the delay, my internet at home broke down and I couldn't upload till it was fixed just now lol
You definitely should do a sawsbuck. No art gallery is complete without a sawsbuck!

Love your stuff! That Empoleon is BA!
Sorry nov, I tried really hard. Really. But Sawsbuck was difficult to get a shot of so I burned through my film without any luck of a good picture... And the only moment I thought I got a good one was when a damn Stantler trolled me with a Photobomb attack! It's Super Effective!:evan:

Oh well, here's what i got: Stantler Photobomb

Whoa. Your art is just phenomenal. You should totally consider doing art for The Smog (not that I'm an author for them, it's just a suggestion). Also, since you do take requests, may I have a Tyranitar and Keldeo standing next to one another? Happy Easter Sunday!
Here you go man! Kel-Tar Tandem!...well technically Keldeo isn't standing, but...

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the delay, my internet at home broke down and I couldn't upload till it was fixed just now lol

Here you go man! Kel-Tar Tandem!...well technically Keldeo isn't standing, but...
Be right back. Resizing this for avatar use. Thank you so much Magistrum!

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your art is seriously amazing, I loved the wit in the Stantler photobomb and your CAP design was easily one of the best, you're very talented. If it's not too much can I make a slightly odd request? Can you draw an Aipom playing either a guitar or a flute, whichever you prefer or is easier? If you don't wanna do this request then fair enough, but I'd love it if you could!

luvdisc'd btw

HAHA I love it dude! As I love all deer mon, Stantler is a favorite of mine too! And that is hilarious and very well done. Also kudos to utilizing the often forgotten winter coat!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Whew! It's been a very busy week for me, since I was recently invited into contributing for The Smog! Yay! It wasn't a new experience for me since I have worked as an artist for my University's Newspaper a few years ago, but it was refreshing to do it again because I got tired of the redundant office work routine every effing week. In a way, it became an icebreaker.

So for now, a wee update!
I'm surprised you only have 17 Luvdiscs so far... adding one n_n
Haha thanks! :heart:
Thank you so much Magistrum!
Glad you liked it! :justin:
HAHA I love it dude! As I love all deer mon, Stantler is a favorite of mine too! And that is hilarious and very well done. Also kudos to utilizing the often forgotten winter coat!
Well, I was initially planning to draw this as the popular autumn forme, but when I realized it was April already, (which was winter ingame) I couldn't help myself :naughty:
Can you draw an Aipom playing either a guitar or a flute, whichever you prefer or is easier?
luvdisc'd btw
Since I play the flute, I'm biased lol. Here ya go man! PokeFlutist Aipom!

Hope you like it!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
That's awesome thanks man!
Glad you liked it! (^_^)b

Also, The Smog #26 is now online! Overall the issue is very entertaining this time around, and I hope you enjoy reading it!

A big update this time around, which is all about The Smog artworks!

First in line is Sir Cloy vi Destroia!

This was actually my first attempt at digital painting. Barely not there yet since I still can't get over my line art which is a fundamental part of my skill, but I'll hopefully get it right next time ^_^

Second is Hi, I'm god.

I like this pose of Arceus. Quite intimidating and a bit domineering, it commands the respect it deserves.

Third is Amidst a harsh battle!

I was pressed for time while making this piece; the article was supposed to be illustrated by another artist but time constraints made him give it up. Since I was trying to beat the buzzer, it made me reuse my template for Tyranitar and Arceus. Although I feel bad that I stepped out of bounds on the integrity of my other artworks, I'm glad it came out okay.

And last but not least, a kingler avatar, Derpingler!

I was initially gunning for Derpingler: Tobacco Edition,

but perhaps kd24 is a non-smoker so he picked the other one.

So that's it! I hope I can have a chance to contribute more for The Smog #27!:naughty:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Woohoo 100th post in the forum yo!:pimp:

And what's better to spend it with other than my first attempt in making a fakemon?

...Okay so my CAP5 forest troll design is technically a fakemon, but still ...I present thee...

Aguilet and Aguilari!​

Pokémon #M016 Aguilet
Normal/ Flying
Eaglet Pokémon

Height: 1'06"
Weight: 22.9 lbs.

Abilities: Keen Eye/ Klutz/ Friend Guard(DW)

Stats: 60/80/50/35/50/75 (350 BST)

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female

Pokedex Entries:
Black: This Pokémon rarely ventures out of its nest since it is fed and cared for by its parents a little too much.
White: Aquilet's diet is mostly meat, thus it often does not know how to eat berries until it starts to search for its own food.
B2W2: Because it is too pampered by its parents, it learns how to fly a lot later than most bird Pokémon.

Name disambiguation:
Aguila and Eaglet.

Pokémon #M017 Aguilari
Fighting/ Flying
Majestic Pokémon

Height: 6'01"
Weight: 124 lbs.

Abilities: Infiltrator/ Technician/ Friend Guard(DW)

Stats: 87/125/84/50/85/109 (540 BST)

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female
How to evolve: LvUp with Crush Claw on its moveset

Pokedex Entries:
Black: This Pokémon usually hunts in pairs when preying for Infernape. One distracts it while the other stealthily goes for the jugular.
White: Pokémon photographers revere the awe-inspiring midflight courtship between two Aguilari as the pinnacle of photography.
B2W2: This Pokémon's muscular claws are powerful enough to crush, mutilate, and dispose of any enemy that threatens its family.

Name disambiguation:
Aguila and Hari(Filipino word for "King").

Levelup Moves:
Level Move
Start Storm Throw
Start Leer
Start Gust
Start Wing Attack
5 Gust
10 Wing Attack
15 Hone Claws
20 Agility
24 Aerial Ace
28 Slash
32 Tailwind
36 Feather Dance
40 Circle Throw
44 Vital Throw
48 Seismic Toss
52 Crush Claw
56 Whirlwind
60 Endure
64 Reversal
68 Brave Bird
72 Final Gambit

...Technician Storm Throw will demolish all of you. That is all.

Concept:
Inspired by The Philippine Eagle, the world's largest bird of prey. Also it's damn magnificent.

P.S. Also Braviary's concept is actually the Philippine Eagle, not the Bald Eagle. FYI. :P

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Hi, one more request: Cresselia and Heatran standing together.

Also, regarding your fakemon, did you give it a base 109 Speed just to put it a bit above Terrakion and the other musketeers?

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hi, one more request: Cresselia and Heatran standing together.

Also, regarding your fakemon, did you give it a base 109 Speed just to put it a bit above Terrakion and the other musketeers?
Here you go man! Cress-Tran Tandem! hrrm or was it Heatelia...oh shi-

A teensy bit different from what I usually do since I'm trying to get the hang of digital painting. Hope you still like it though. :)

About Aguilari, Philippine Eagles in general have speed comparable to smaller, fast hawks. Pretty awesome that such a humongous bird can move quite fast.

And the 109 speed...well, I wanted to outspeed Infernape since Aguilari preys on it! It was really pure coincidence that it outspeeds the musketeers too. Really! =D

Loving your work as always Magistrum, good to see you trying to get into painting as well, especially when you could have just kept with your (incredibly polished!) normal style, so that's awesome.
Also can I have a cute purugly pretty please

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Here you go man! Cress-Tran Tandem! hrrm or was it Heatelia...oh shi-

A teensy bit different from what I usually do since I'm trying to get the hang of digital painting. Hope you still like it though. :)

About Aguilari, Philippine Eagles in general have speed comparable to smaller, fast hawks. Pretty awesome that such a humongous bird can move quite fast.

And the 109 speed...well, I wanted to outspeed Infernape since Aguilari preys on it! It was really pure coincidence that it outspeeds the musketeers too. Really! =D
Oh man, that's absolutely beautiful. My heart is moved. You've surpassed my expectations once again. 10/10, would request again.

I just want to hug your Fakemon, they are too cute! I really like the poses as well; Aguilari looks like it's ready to fight and kick anyone's butts! And I don't know if it's just me but I cannot see the Cress-Tran pic. :( (EDIT: nevermind, I see it now. I love the contrast in light and dark).
Also, not sure if you are taking second requests but can I request a Hydreigon (in a similar style you did with my Scrafty request)?
Keep up the great work!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Whew! Fun weekend vacation is fun! I didn't neglect the requests though.

Oh man, that's absolutely beautiful. My heart is moved. You've surpassed my expectations once again. 10/10, would request again.
I'm really glad you like it! (/^o^)/
Loving your work as always Magistrum, good to see you trying to get into painting as well, especially when you could have just kept with your (incredibly polished!) normal style, so that's awesome.
Also can I have a cute purugly pretty please
Oh! Is this the infamous "Rittercat requests a Purugly Challenge"? Whoa okay let's see how I do.
It's not a digital painting though... [Making a cute Purugly painting is hard]

Presenting Purugly Diary Entry #01: The head is a fish I must eat it

I just want to hug your Fakemon, they are too cute! I really like the poses as well; Aguilari looks like it's ready to fight and kick anyone's butts! And I don't know if it's just me but I cannot see the Cress-Tran pic. :( (EDIT: nevermind, I see it now. I love the contrast in light and dark).
Haha I love them too! [Although I think Aguilari is cheating... Technician Storm Throw is like a no-drawback 120BP fighting-type move, not to mention STAB. Staraptor and Braviary will definitely hate him for it]
Also, not sure if you are taking second requests but can I request a Hydreigon (in a similar style you did with my Scrafty request)?
Keep up the great work!
I dunno if it is similar enough, but Hydreigon's color scheme matches a bit with Persona 3 style! So I hereby present HD Reigon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)