Joimmons [OM no longer in development]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since Ferrothorn was totally outclassing Forretress, I've given it the ability to use Black Ice so it has something over Ferro besides Toxic Spikes.

give gyarados something else man. dragon typing is pretty useless when it has to rely on dragon tail for coverage. I say give it outrage.

also pls chlorophyll roserade.

lower tier stat boosts are pretty neat

look:
Floatzel: 100/120/70/100/65/130 (has water veil which is damn good- bulk up waterfall brick break ice punch@ whatever)
Articuno: 105/100/115/110/140/100 (articuno sucks but subroost with huriicane and HP ground is *okay*)
Exeggutor: 110/110/100/140/80/70 (outspeeds scarf terrak)
Why give venusaur wetaher ball when victreebel looks like this
Victreebel: 95/120/80/115/75/85
Braviary: 115/138/90/82/90/95 (never dies. ever)
Ursaring: 105/145/90/90/90/70 (now it is bulky enough to set up on weak hits and crush villages)
Kadabra: 55/50/45/135/85/120 (new alakazam, not that notable but cool)
Golem: 95/125/145/70/80/60 (RP golem is a thing I guess)
Golurk: 104/139/95/70/95/70 (It can run adamant rock polish not bad, also bulky as hell)
Simishits: 90/113/78/113/78/116 (not so shitty?)
Combusken: 75/100/75/100/75/70 (new blaziken?? (Eviolite))
Gorebyss: 70/99/120/129/90/67 (shell smash user strong. fuck ferro man...)
Fraxure: 81/132/85/55/65/82 (with eviolite added on... something like 136 defense and 107 SpD) NEW DRAGONITE!!
Stoutland: 100/115/105/60/105/95 (sand teams have a real sweeper again.. bulky one too! work up??)
Rampardos: 107/180/75/80/65/73 (meh.)

Now it is not a double post. No this is not spamming. These are for RU. I'm going to not do commentary to be concise and because it makes the list easier to read/more official looking
Tangrowth: 110/110/135/120/60/60
Moltres: 100/110/100/135/95/100
Rotom-C: 60/75/117/115/117/97
Gallade: 78/135/75/75/125/90
Feraligatr: 95/115/110/89/93/88
Medicham: 70/70/85/70/85/90
Durant: 68/119/122/58/58/119
Entei: 125/125/95/100/85/110
Scyther: 80/120/90/65/90/115
Aerodactyl: 90/115/75/70/85/140
Arcehops: 85/150/75/122/75/120
Nidoqueen: 100/92/97/85/95/86
Emboar: 120/133/75/110/75/75
Quagsire: 105/95/95/75/75/45
Amoonguss: 124/95/80/95/90/40
Qwilfish: 75/105/95/75/65/65/95
Afrobull: 105/120/105/50/105/65
Hariyama: 154/130/70/50/70/60
Electivire: 85/133/77/105/95/105
Mesprit: 90/115/115/115/115/90
Druddigon: 87/130/100/70/100/58
Aggron: 80/120/190/70/70/60

Lets Separate this into weathers:
Rain: The first thing I see for rain is the extended distribution of hurricane and the viability of hurricane from lower tiers with the stat boosts. Articuno and moltres got significant boosts all around making life orb sets good in OU. Articuno has to rely on HP ground for coverage while moltres uses fire blast. Moltres' fighting resist will be a big boon, but articuno got all around better stats now. Articuno is also not weak to water. Both will be decent at worst. I think moltres will umtimately be better because articuno's fire weakness and steel weakness will suck in OU if scizor stays around and if arcanine doesn't get banned. Pelipper will also be great as he now gets the big stat boost, surf and hurricane, and rain dish. As a physical pivot he will be pretty good, base 75 HP and base 115 defense can take some hits. A poison weakness sucks in this new meta, so I think moltres will take the cake in terms of hurricane. Zapdos will not be a great rain offense member because he doesn't get all the damn stat buffs. Defensively zapdos might be very good though. Tornadus-T will be unimpressive now. I don't know exactly who gets rapid spin, but many mons like ferrothorn and jellicent already want 5+ moves. I think spinners and hazards will be everywhere, or maybe magic bounce. Espeon will not suck with all the poison types. In terms of water types, qwilfish looks pretty cool defensively. Poison typing, stat buff :). Gyarados might be very good or mediocre depending on what god Joim does to him. Keldeo is going to disappear. Kabutops unforuntately is still too slow and the bulk boost proably won't be enough, but it might do something. Seismitoad might be really cool now with 120/100/90/100/90/89 stats and a resistance to poison and immunity to water to take all sorts of hits. Setting up stealth rock will be essential. Maybe Seismitoad can get rapid spin, as it actually doesn't have 4MSS. Quagsire might be decent with an all around buff making him all around better. Jellicent and blastoise receiving drizzle is big, but Blastoise will be non existent because jellicent has recover, will-o-wisp, ghost typing, and also has rapid spin. Ferrothorn may remain as the rain tank from hell, but I can see him running heatproof even in rain to deal with the dragon fire buff. I can see hariyama and cobalion running defensive sets to beat up dragons. What I really like about hariyama is the ability to run guts and restalk giving him 444 attack without even being invested while asleep. When the server returns I think I am going to test Jellicent/Seismitoad/Moltres/Thundurus/Ferrothorn/Hariyama.

My only question is if ferrothorn receiving new toys prevents ferroseed from getting the +10 all around, I would think it does but idk...

@Frog. Articuno is weak to water in joimmons due to ice typing. Also, Zapdos does get +5 to all its stats, so it now does have 105 base speed (and 130 spa), and stab on thunder and hurricane. It also gets lightning rod (electric immunity) or mountaineer (no stealth rock damage). So I'd say it is definitely better than Moltres. It does have to battle with Thundurus though, who is faster, but weaker and less bulky and doesn't get hurricane.

Also, Ferrothorn is a huge ****. Giving it Rapid Spin really did it much good, especially now that it gets heatproof (in rain is even better), levitate (only stealth rock, which it resists) or iron barbs (punish contact moves) and the weather inducers are quite good.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I plan to change Air Lock so it removes weather altogether and give it to a couple mons, but that's for when I'm back :p

Joim

Pixels matter
You need to write - Black Ice in the export/import function of the team builder.

Btw, what do you think of this concept?
Blistering Cold. Status, 100% freeze. Fails out of Hail, 50% acc in. Fire and Ice types immune, Water types get Ice type instead of Frozen.

You need to write - Black Ice in the export/import function of the team builder.

Blistering Cold. Status, 100% freeze. Fails out of Hail, 50% acc in. Fire and Ice types immune, Water types get Ice type instead of Frozen.
Pretty cool idea. Might want to make it 49% acc just for the lolz.

At first I was like, "GOD JOIM THAT IS SO BROKEN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

But then I was like, "I could work with that."

Of course, the logic being that it gives Hail something else to work with. It also gives us something that has a guaranteed freeze--more importantly, something that has a higher chance to freeze that Tri Attack from a Togekiss (which I think would have the highest chance to freeze out of any move). It's sort of a high-risk, high-reward move I can totally get behind. There have been plenty of games where I have raged for a total of three seconds because I have thawed out the same turn I have been frozen. It's a gamble for anyone wanting to try it out.

Also, I like that Forretress gets Black Ice. I might actually use it now.

And to whomever was posting base stats with the tier boost, Blaziken is legal (and pretty good) in Joimmons OU, so I definitely wouldn't bother with Combusken. All the other ones that you posted I appreciate though. Nice to be able to see solid numbers.

This is way too hard to understand and play. I always lose in it. I'm going to stop using Toxic Rain, because it sucks. Anyone know what I should use on my new team? I don't really know what works in this game.

Wondering if we can help out Tailwind, I use it in regular OU with 2 prankster pokemon with it and Adamant Banded Kyurem-B, gg OU. But I think it needs a few more turns

Joim

Pixels matter
This is way too hard to understand and play. I always lose in it. I'm going to stop using Toxic Rain, because it sucks. Anyone know what I should use on my new team? I don't really know what works in this game.
This is as easy to understand as playing a previous generation or just a different game. A lot of things work in this game thanks to Tier Shift being added, but if you are bad in the regular metagame, you will be just as bad in this one.

Wondering if we can help out Tailwind, I use it in regular OU with 2 prankster pokemon with it and Adamant Banded Kyurem-B, gg OU. But I think it needs a few more turns
You are right, Tailwind could use a boost for singles, maybe lasting a turn more...

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
This is as easy to understand as playing a previous generation or just a different game. A lot of things work in this game thanks to Tier Shift being added, but if you are bad in the regular metagame, you will be just as bad in this one.
To be quite honest, I find the addition of Tier Boost mechanics rather confusing; because of the variety of Pokemon getting buffs, it is often hard to keep track of what's Tier Boosted and what's not. Just my two cents though, perhaps my brain capacity is relatively limited.

Joim

Pixels matter
You have a point there, web though boosted Pokemon have no tier boost. I could remove it and boost them all indiviually, I guess.

Personally, I like how it is now. I find the tier shift aspect less difficult than remembering the new typing charts (seriously I ALWAYS forget that Heatran isn't weak to Water). But personally, I like it as is. I don't know, maybe if the response from other players is a resounding, "this is too confusing," probably wouldn't hurt to simplify things.

Also, I have played with Toxic Rain. I found it to be by far the most fun weather. You just have to know what does and does not work in it. Hint: through experience, even with its Tier Boost, Coil Arbok is still pretty poor.

You have a point there, web though boosted Pokemon have no tier boost. I could remove it and boost them all indiviually, I guess.
I think this is the way to go, as many Pokémon have issues even after the Tier Boost.

For example, Ledian can't be fixed with raw boosts; it needs a large Atk boost more than anything else.
70 / 100 / 80 / 55 / 160 / 85 = 560
It still has a bad typing, Bug/Flying, while not losing its relatively high SDef, so it's fine.

Then, let's go with Delcatty. Low stats, nice Special movepool, also some good physical moves as well as support options like Wish, Thunder Wave and Heal Bell. Give it Taunt so it can troll other walls to their death.
150 / 60 / 90 / 60 / 90 / 100 = 550 BST
Not going to die as easily anymore. And pretty fast as well. Still, it does not hit hard, so it will keep issues.

Note that these are only examples, there are plenty of ways to approach those Pokémon (my approach was to Ledian in a bulky physical attacker while making Delcatty a fast and bulky mixed wall, but there are countless other ways) and and to buff them as you see fit.

I will buff Bugs, presumably tomorrow. I will add moves to eeveelutions to make them better.
And?

Chinchou

Banned deucer.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! The only thing I would change is making Dragon weak to Dragon/Fighting/Rock because Dragons always got trapped/lived in caves! And make Serperior Grass/Dragon.

Joim

Pixels matter
Yeah, sorry, I couldn't make it and leaving in some hours for two weeks.
I plan to:
-Give Eevelutions a movepool (hey there Flareon).
-Even better stats and abilities for Crapmons like Ledian.

When I'm back I'll develop this meta a lot :)

Joim

Pixels matter
Sorry for the double post. I'm back and I'm making new changes to Joimmons to both make it slightly easier to play and learn.

• I'm removing Tier Shift changes. Pokémon will be buffed individually.
  • I'm adding Blistering Cold as a move: 25% accuracy out of hail, 50% on it, 100% chance to Freeze foes. Fire and Ice types are immune, Water types get turned into Ice type. It does NOT do damage.
  • I'm giving Flare Blitz to Flareon.
  • I'm giving Gyro Ball to Escavalier.
All available on my server after the next reset (ie. soon). I plan to do something while Client is not modable to show changes with /data, etc. too.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Blistering cold looks to me like a blisteringly bad idea. I don't see any changes to freeze so it's just a pure hax move and an invitation to luck-lose to hail teams. I get it that you're buffing hail but at the same time this just looks like... Ugh.

Why not just make it like a stronger Icy Wind?

Joim

Pixels matter
50% accuracy plus the immune types is a big drawback for it, I don't see it better to parafusion, though it's just in test phase by now.

Hey, idea... Buff Delibird more so! I'm mixed feeling about it losing Hustle. On one hand, it was it's only way of hurting things, on the other it has a better SpA move pool..... I request that you get rid of one of it's preventing sleep moves(Vital Spirit was here first Insomia! >.>), and give it the christmas magic of MAGIC GUARD. This does two things, A-changes it from the worst rapid spinner, to the best. B-Makes it viable in Toxic Rain! This bird gets Gunk Shot for some odd reason, and it can take down the wall that is Ferrothorn with one move-Signal Beam. A set with Magic Gaurd@Life Orb(no recoil <3) -Fake Out -Rapid Spin/Ice Beam -Signal Beam -Gunk Shot hits things hard when under the toxic rain and, in theory, a good check to a number of things. (Ps, Ninetales should be given an ability! Defeatist is mean... At least give it Entrainment. Wait does it get Skill Swap? I know it has Role Play...)

Joim

Pixels matter
That's actually a very good idea, let's see what I can think and add for Joimmons in the following days, now that I'm normalising my work schedule :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)