5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First ability is 0, second is 1, Hidden is self explanatory. Refer to any online source like Smogon's Strategy Pokedex. For example, Aggron's abilities: Sturdy is ability 0, Rock Head is ability 1, and Heavy Metal is Hidden ability (denoted by italicized text too).

Hello, I wanted to talk to you about a problem that I did with the latest version of RNG Reporter. When I go to enter the information to extract the parameters of the DS, the program crashes. I noticed that this only happens if I enter this information: Version: White 2, Language: Italian, type DS: 3DS. For example, if I change, while other information remain the same, the version (for example putting Black 2), the problem will not be. I'm pretty sure that is not a problem of my PC (Win7, 32-bit) because it has been formatted by little. Do you know how to help me?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello, I wanted to talk to you about a problem that I did with the latest version of RNG Reporter. When I go to enter the information to extract the parameters of the DS, the program crashes. I noticed that this only happens if I enter this information: Version: White 2, Language: Italian, type DS: 3DS. For example, if I change, while other information remain the same, the version (for example putting Black 2), the problem will not be. I'm pretty sure that is not a problem of my PC (Win7, 32-bit) because it has been formatted by little. Do you know how to help me?
According to the development notes, italian w2 has not been added to the reporter! You can help with that by going to this thread and doing the process described. Good luck!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
According to the development notes, italian w2 has not been added to the reporter! You can help with that by going to this thread and doing the process described. Good luck!
The DSi/3DS research is already done for all games except Korean Black / White and Korean Black 2. Italian White 2 DSi/3DS support just hasn't been added to RNG Reporter yet.

First ability is 0, second is 1, Hidden is self explanatory. Refer to any online source like Smogon's Strategy Pokedex. For example, Aggron's abilities: Sturdy is ability 0, Rock Head is ability 1, and Heavy Metal is Hidden ability (denoted by italicized text too).
thanks. i remember using a serebii page like that and it gave me an incorrect result on one pokemon so i didn't want to trust it. good to know the smogon one is thorough.

Is the Plasma Genesect is a wondercard or glan event? Can it be shiny? Is RNG for event pokemon the same in BW1/BW2? Thanks for your help.

I've successfully RNG'd stationary, gift, wild pkmn and done TID/ SID abuse now, thanks to Smogan.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Is the Plasma Genesect is a wondercard or glan event? Can it be shiny? Is RNG for event pokemon the same in BW1/BW2? Thanks for your help.

I've successfully RNG'd stationary, gift, wild pkmn and done TID/ SID abuse now, thanks to Smogan.
The first easy place to RNG Wondercards would be in Castelia. It is not a GLAN Wondercard.

No it cannot be shiny. The process is the same as Black and White.
Cool it should be fairly easy then.

Just one more thing, do you have to have a certain number of pokemon in your party and walk 128 steps??? I read somewhere that you have to have the min/max frame set between 55-60.

So far I've only RNGd stuff on frame 1.

Eyedol

Wondercards are determined solely by the PIDRNG so you don't need to do any walking around.

Wondercards are determined solely by the PIDRNG so you don't need to do any walking around.
Thanks, I finally got my Plasma Genesect and the Keldeo. Double checked IVs using the Pokedex IV-checker and the judge.

Just wondering, is it normal for the frames on the main window to shift? Like in the timefinder it said that my frame was on 117 and on the main window it said 115. Also when I went to advance the frames, I realized that the initial PIDRNG frame was a few frames below the one on the main window.

Eyedol

Yes that's a bug. I've noticed that the starting frame for the Wondercards appears to be one less than the initial frame reported by the main window.

Heya, I'm having trouble.

I'm trying to RNG a shiny Terakkion on Route 22 with a Japanese Black 2 cartridge.

What's happening is that I'm hitting the right seed (I'm getting the correct IV's consistently) but whatever my initial PID frame is does not seem to be the same as what PPRNG is telling me it is. It says it is 52, and that the Shiny PID frame is 53, meaning I should need only one Chatot Chatter. I do this, but no Shiny. And yes, I have recorded Chatter, etc.

I have also just seen what I get on the initial PID frame. The game says I should get a Terrakion with a Gentle nature, but I get one with a Jolly (or Synch, as that's what I'm going for) nature. So, I'm sure I'm real close to getting this shiny. How do I determine what PID frame I'm actually starting on if I can't count on PPRNG to provide me with the right one!?

Prior to this I would do egg RNGing in Black 1, which I got pretty damn good at. If I recall correctly, the initial PID frame PPRNG gave me back then was also consistently wrong. However, it was easy to see just what my initial frame was by submitting the hatched poke to Pokecheck and checking its PID. I can't do that with legendaries, obviously, as they are a one time capture.

Please help! D:

Some more information:

-Like I said, Japanese Black 2 cartridge.
-Running it on a Japanese 3DS
-40FF83EF196A8A5A
-PPRNG suggested initial PID frame: 52
-Shiny PID frame and PID: 53, DEFAD97A
-Timer0 (when it works...): 1514
-VCount: A2
-VFrame: 8
-The Chatot column says MH(67), though I've never ever understood what the hell this number means (maybe that's the problem?).

Okay, thanks! If any more info would be helpful in solving this problem, please let me know!

Eyedol

There is an NPC in the area whose movement is dictated by the PIDRNG. This means that while the game does start on the initial frame, by the time you're able to do anything you're no longer at the initial frame. Since your shiny frame is very close to your initial frame, you'll be unable to hit that shiny frame I'm afraid.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, okay, I feared that might be the case. Thanks xAtrocity!

So, any idea by how much the frame is advancing? Or is it not consistent?
It's always consistent so long as it's still the same save/seed and you hit the same Timer0. You won't know how many frames the guy advances until you compare results with Chatot Chatters or after you capture it.

Regardless, yes, that shiny frame is much too low to account for that wandering NPC.

Yes that's a bug. I've noticed that the starting frame for the Wondercards appears to be one less than the initial frame reported by the main window.
Cool, but why was the frame different on the main window? It said 117 on the time finder and when I looked at the frames on the main window it was on 115. Is that a bug too?

Would it have anything to do with having ticked the boxed for BW2?

Eyedol

Cool, but why was the frame different on the main window? It said 117 on the time finder and when I looked at the frames on the main window it was on 115. Is that a bug too?

Would it have anything to do with having ticked the boxed for BW2?
That issue only exists for Black 2 and White 2. The tickbox for Black 2/White 2 has an affect on the IVRNG, since the IVRNG starts two frames ahead compared to Black and White. That behavior seems to have been carried over in the Time Finder for Wondercards for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)