Still Wont Work

So pokemon showdown went down yesterday with people receiving a message saying "site temporarily unavailable" it has become know to me that PS is back up and running, i can access the site using my iPod but that is not very practical but i still get the same error message on my laptop. What has happened please help? P.s. i am using google chrome if that makes a difference

Just tried internet explorer and it worked. My chrome browser can't load it either. Hopefully it'll get fixed.

EDIT: Redownload/update Chrome and it will probably work. It fixed mine.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
If Pokemon Showdown isn't working for you, you probably have something problematic cached. In general, you could try clearing your browser's cache, your operating system's DNS cache, and your router's DNS cache. You could also try changing your resolving nameservers to ones other than the ones provided by your ISP; for example, you could use Google's resolving nameservers.

I'm not able to provide instructions for implementing any of the above suggestions, but searching on Google should turn up relevant information.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Before any of these more in-depth solutions, have you tried simply clicking "Refresh"?

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Showdown continuously displays the "heavy load" message on Firefox, and the downloadable Mac version still thinks the site is unavailable. It works fine on Chrome, though. I've tried clearing Firefox's cache, updating the browser, and simply refreshing the page, and nothing happens.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

is what I've been getting since yesterday (yes I have tried refreshing and updating chrome). Note that all the other servers save the main server (play.pokemonshowdown.com) are working fine for me.

edit: of course now that i post this it works

Still Having Issue

I'm still having the "bad httpd_conf" issue, after re-installing and clearing my DNS Cache. I'm using a fairly outdated Mac Laptop, but it's been running the downloadable showdown client for some time.

Showdown works just fine in-browser, but not in-client. Any help/ideas?

Thanks!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

is what I've been getting since yesterday (yes I have tried refreshing and updating chrome). Note that all the other servers save the main server (play.pokemonshowdown.com) are working fine for me.

edit: of course now that i post this it works
for future reference, ctrl + shift + r should be used to refresh when this error crops up as it will completely reload the page sans cached data

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)