np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 3 - Dazed and Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Arceus with Perish Song is a 100% stop to anything that attempts to abuse Moody. It is a perfectly viable move on its defensive sets.
Here is where everyone comes and bashes this statement for coming at such a high "oppurtunity" cost.

On topic though, I haven't seen any moody abusers myself so I can't really say but smeargle seems to be quite the threat having access to protect, sub, baton pass and a filler move that completely stops most things from stopping it from acquiring boosts. Overall I'm almost positive moody clause will stay banned along with sleep clause and species clause (centralizing the uber tier around arceus more than it already is can't be a good idea.)

Mhm, I agree with Haruno, as moody just... you know... ruin the purpose of strategies as it's such an odd thing and just totally ruins the whole game, tbh. Sleep... well erm... I won't play whenever that comes through. Species, however, looks pretty damn awesome not to have for once.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure why Moody would ruin anything.
Of its 4 users only Smeargle is viable.
Bibarel can't even hope to get past Giratina or Ferrothorn no matter how many boosts it gets, Octillery is both frail and slow and Glalie is completely outclassed by the Kyurem formes.
The best Smeargle can do is putting something to sleep and then Baton Passing its boosts to something with Stroed Power (probably Espeon), but Psychic is a terrible attacking type in ubers.

All of them are also easily dispatched by Thunder and/or Aura Sphere, very common moves in ubers.

Anyway that's what suspect tests are for: things that seem broken in theory might spectacularly fail in practice; I think Moody is one of those.

you don't actually have to bp to something with stored power, as anything will appreciate a speed, evasion or bulk boost, and possibly power and accuracy as well.
aura sphere is found only on mewtwo and cm gira-o and should not be found on anything else

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Dialga frequently runs Aura Sphere, as well as Thunder and phazing moves. It also resists normal, water and psychic, it's immune to toxic and doesn't care much about being burned by Scald.
What exactly is a Moody user going to do against it other than switching out?

phantom

Banned deucer.
you don't actually have to bp to something with stored power, as anything will appreciate a speed, evasion or bulk boost, and possibly power and accuracy as well.
aura sphere is found only on mewtwo and cm gira-o and should not be found on anything else
Dialga says hi.

J/s, if you come to this thread with the intent of wanting something banned from the get-go, that's really contradictory to the entire purpose of the suspect.

Dialga says hi.

J/s, if you come to this thread with the intent of wanting something banned from the get-go, that's really contradictory to the entire purpose of the suspect.
and u come here wanting to get it unbanned, and it's proper?! I never said I wanted it banned, I'm just pointing flaws in his arguments.
guess what? dialga learns fire blast, unlike giratina. hence aura sphere hits only heatran and ttar

phantom

Banned deucer.
The line wasn't directed towards you. I also never stated my opinion, so there's that. Pont is, your point about Aura Sphere was wrong b/c Dialga.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Nobody here wants Moody unbanned without a proper suspect test first.
We're simply trying to point out that, in ubers, there are ways to stop it that are actually competitively viable.
Whether Moody ends up being unfair despite the aforementioned methods (phazing, Perish Song, Thunder, Aura Sphere or good old brute force which the uber tier has plenty of) is up to the suspect test.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
bojangles says we need a wizard (zarel, cathy, bmelts) to fix ladder before we can start.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Ladder's up. Sorry for the delay; I was really out of it last night.

I predict Moody will stay banned.

I was partaking in a suspect test earlier on at showdown as I am using my Bibaral on my rain team with a set I came up as

Bibarel (F/M)

Ability: Moody
Trait: Carefull
EVs: 252hp/252Spd/4Def
Moveset
-Substitute
-Protect
-Waterfall
-Toxic

On the first match of suspect test when my grasseus is down I sent in my bibarel at turn 5 until about turn 32 without dying which is pretty broken but still.
fortunately for me I went up in from 1250ish to 1504 and that's a lot to think about for my bibarels actions in ubers suspect test thanks to moody. To be fair
what fate does moody ability to come? We shall see if I get to vote. Sorry of you are asking for replay I forgot to save it so I will need to get a replay for it
whenever I can. You may use my set that I made if you like but at least you are partaking a suspect test if you want to use this

Once octillery manages to get +2 evasion, it's usually GG unless you have a perfect accuracy move. My ho-oh was able to wall it for the most part (under the sun) but a critical hit was inevitable after being spammed with countless surfs behind a sub:/

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off
Honestly the normal hax of crits, WoW misses, etc on the ladder has been far more enraging than anything moody has done to me so far. It does make the game more luck based, but its not a great strategy on average, and the game already has plenty of luck in it anyways.

My initial impression after two dozen games is to let Moody stay.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to mention is I sort of hold banning something from ubers to a much higher standard than banning something from another meta. I mean, its ubers, it should only be banned if it makes things much worse than they are now. Stuff that merely supercentralizes or does other annoying stuff is more acceptable for ubers.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So far just good old Smash Pass Smeargle served as a better and reliable BP mon than Moody Smeargle. For the first few games I used Moody on this Smeargle, but Moody actually fucked me over, throwing away Shell Smash boosts for defensive / evasion boosts.

Anybody managed to make Moody Smeargle to work? Peetuh's replays showed the complete opposite

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
although it can work against you at times, if you gain a speed boost its pretty easy to endlessly sub and protect with many worries. And this also works excellently with Toxic Spikes support as you can imagine, although I don't have any saved replays of that.

This shows some of the silliness of moody.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest13682602
That was amazing. After seeing this most people would agree that moody's definitely worth unbanning! I mean look at how it kept screwing furai over.

So far just good old Smash Pass Smeargle served as a better and reliable BP mon than Moody Smeargle. For the first few games I used Moody on this Smeargle, but Moody actually fucked me over, throwing away Shell Smash boosts for defensive / evasion boosts.

Anybody managed to make Moody Smeargle to work? Peetuh's replays showed the complete opposite
So... I was about to win my first uberssuspecttest match... when this happens: http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest13746585

My opponent got lucky with that Evasion boost on the first turn. I don't think Moody is much of a problem. I will just have to use Perish Song on Arceus or Haze on Darkrai. The reason why I will choose to unban Moody is because it is an inconsistent strategy.

EDIT: Arceus-Fighting SUCKS!

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
From what I have seen so far, not only is Moody not even that great, but the stat drops really kill its competitive viability.
You can baton pass all the evasion in the world, but that hardly matters if you get a speed or attack stat drop and your designed receiver fails to sweep.
Why not stick to more reliable methods like Shell Smash or Quiver Dance instead?

If you really want an evasion boost just slap Double Team onto something and call it a day instead of wasting a teamslot on a pokemon with less than 480 BST in ubers.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire

Disclaimers: This is pretty much my Evasion Clause testing team, but making Smeargle have Moody instead. These matches weren't terribly serious and mostly for the trololz (this isn't serious laddering, and I wasn't even trying to play at the top of my game), but I kept some of the ones where Smeargle was involved in, so these matches are a little cherry-picked, but they're there if you want to take the time to watch them for whatever reason.

If there is any force of nature that causes more ragequits than Moody, I have yet to see it. I'll do some serious Moody testing another time; it's getting late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)