Bronzong [QC 2/3]

First anaylsis I probably will mess up somewhere.
[pimg]442[/pimg]

[Overview]

<p>Thanks to Bronzong’s outstanding base 116 Defense and Special Defense stats, combined with its unique typing in the tier, giving it 8 resistances and two immunities which makes Bronzong an impressive tank. Bronzong has a handful of support moves such as Stealth Rock, Hypnosis, and Gravity. In addition, Bronzong can even play a offensive role with Trick Room, since it can OHKO Pokemon such as Chandelure, Nidoking, and Raikou. On the other hand, Bronzong is one of the best counter to all-out-attackers such as Cincinno, Flygon, and Weavile, as well as dealing heavy damage to them with Gyro Ball. Unfortunately, Bronzong's downfall is lack of reliable recovery making it worn down by multiple attacks. Nonetheless, Bronzong is an astounding wall and can aid your team with proper support.</p>

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Earthquake
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Bronzong's main job is to set up Stealth Rock and combined with its natural defensive typing and bulk, it almost guaranteed, since only hard-hitting Fire-type attacks will OHKO the tank. Gyro Ball is Bronzong's best shot to 2HKO dangerous threats such as Flygon, Heracross, and Krookodile. Toxic is great for crippling walls such as Blastoise, Hitmontop, Porygon2, and Slowbro. Thanks to Bronzong's immunity to Toxic it can win many stall wars while taking little damage in return. Finally, Earthquake rounds off Bronzong move set, as it allows Bronzong to hit Fire- and Electric-types such as Arcanine, Chandelure, and Raikou for super effective damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Relaxed nature and 0 speed IVs allow Bronzong to maximize Gyro Ball power. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with Sassy nature can be used to take special hits better from common Pokemon such as Raikou, Porygon-Z, Roserade, and Yanmega. Heat Proof may seem tempting to use because Bronzong becomes neutral to Fire-type attacks, but it’s generally inferior to Leviate, since it allows Bronzong to be immune to Ground-type moves and avoid Spike damage. Heavy Metal should never be used since Bronzong's other abilities give it more defensive utility.</p>

<p>Hidden Power Ice is an option to hit Gligar and other Flying-types for some heavy damage while still being able to 2HKO Flygon. Since Bronzong lacks reliable recovery, a Wish passer such as Umbreon and Togekiss is recommended to extend its survivability. Teammates such as Blastoise, Chandelure, and Milotic provide excellent synergy, as they can take Fire-type attacks for Bronzong while covering the former three weaknesses. Other support moves for example, Confuse Ray, Safeguard, and Hypnosis are all viable to use but it is difficult to drop a move for them.</p>

[SET]
name: Dual Screen
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Earthquake / Stealth Rock
item: Light Clay

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set focuses on setting up screens so its teammates can set up and sweep much easier. Light Clay is a mandatory item for Bronzong since it allows Reflect or Light Screen to stay up an extra three turn which can be crucial in some situations. A uninvested STAB Gyro Ball coming from Bronzong still packs quite a punch, as it can do massive damage to Flygon, Virizion, and Yanmega. Earthquake is the ideal choice as it hits Electric-, Fire-, and Steel-types such as Cobalion, Raikou, and Victini exceptionally hard. You can go for Stealth Rock on Bronzong if your team lacks a Pokemon that carries it, but then Bronzong is walled by Fire-, Electric,- and Steel-types, so pick what supports your team better.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs are used again to maximize Bronzong Gyro Ball damage output. Hypnosis seems appealing, but the 60% accuracy can be unreliable at times. You may even opt to use Toxic, as walls such as Blastoise, Mew, and Porygon2 may try to stall out your screens.</p>

<p>Teammates that resist or are immuned to Fire-type attacks such as Blastoise, Chandelure, and Swampert greatly help out Bronzong perseverance. Since Bronzong has no recovery at all, Wish support from Umbreon and Togekiss are appreciated. Set up sweepers such as Azelf, Kingdra, Mew, and Raikou benefit a lot from the screens, as they can set up easier and tank more hits.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Bronzong has quite a few options that it could use for example, Calm Mind set is quite usable, but because such of an offensive metagame, Bronzong gets worn down too quickly to utilize this set. An Offensive Trick Room set consisting of Earthquake, Explosion, and Gyro Ball is quite appealing, as it can OHKO many offensive threats such as Chandelure, Raikou, and Nidoking. A Rain Dance support set can be used as it negates Bronzong Fire-type weakness while assisting Swift Swim users to sweep. Trick with Lagging Tail or a choice item can surprise your opponent and effectively hinder a Pokemon. Since Bronzong has no recovery a RestTalk set could be used, but due to BW mechanics Bronzong usually won’t get the chance to wake up due to threats such as Darmanitan and Victini pressuring it to switch out. Bronzong has access to Heavy Metal but it should never be used since Bronzong's other abilities give it more defensive utility. Finally, Bronzong has other attacking moves such as Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide, and Payback.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Since Bronzong's main job is to set up and dish out some damage there are numerous Pokemon that can stop Bronzong in its tracks. Fire-types such as Victini, Chandelure and Rotom-H threaten Bronzong greatly, since their STABs can OHKO Bronzong. Xatu's Magic Bounce bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic, although Bronzong fortunately can't be poisoned. Additionally, Xatu cannot do much to Bronzong outside of Night Shade and the rare Heat Wave. Mew and Sableye can prohibit Bronzong from setting up and cripple with a Will-O-Wisp. Furthermore, Baton Pass Mew can Taunt Bronzong and set up with Nasty Plot, Sword Dance, or Rock Polish then pass its boost to a recipient such as Nidoking and Flygon. The uncommon Magnet Rise Magneton does a great job of taking out Bronzong granted that it doesn't switch in on an Earthquake. Finally, bulky sweepers such as Suicune and Scrafty can set up in Bronzong's face, as they can Rest off any damage dealt.</p>

[pimg]442[/pimg]

[Overview]
  • Thanks to Bronzong outstanding base 116 combined with is 8 resistances making Bronzong an impressive tank and support Pokemon.
  • One of best counters to phyiscal attckers like Cincinno, Flygon and Weavile.
  • Bronzong has a handful of support moves such as Stealth Rock, Hypnosis, and Gravity
  • Unfortunately Bronzong has no access to reliable recovery making it worn down by multiple attacks.
  • UU tier has plenty of Fire-types such has Darmanitan, Chandelure and Victini making it an easy check.

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Earthquake
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
  • This set can almost guarentee Stealth Rock set up unless taken down by a strong fire move or taunted
  • Gyro Ball is Bronzong’s best shot of 2HKOing threats such as Flygon, Heracross, and Krookodile
  • Toxic is great for other walls especially since it can't get toxiced itself
  • Earthquake Rounds off the coverage letting it hit Fire types and Electric such as Arcanine, Chandelure and Raikou.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Relaxed nature and 0 Speed ivs let Bronzong power up his Gyro Ball as its base 33 speed not going to be outspeeding anything important.
  • A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def with Sassy nature to take special hits from common Pokemon like Raikou, Yanmega, Porygon-Z and Roserade better
  • Heat Proof may seem tempting to use because Bronzong becomes neutral to Fire-type attacks, but it’s generally inferior to Leviate, since it allows Bronzong to be immune to Ground-type moves and avoid Spike damage
  • Hypnosis but it has shaky 60% accuracy
  • Hidden Power Ice if you want to deal damage to Gligar and still be able to 2HKO Flygon.
  • Appreciate Wish Support from Pokemon like Umbreon and Togekiss.
  • Pokemon such as Blastoise, Chandelure and Swampert have decent synergy with Bronzong.
  • Other support moves for example Confuse Ray, Safeguard and Magic Coat.

[SET]
name: Dual Screen
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Earthquake / Stealth Rock
item: Light Clay

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Light Clay is an absolute must the will screens stay up for an extra three turn which can be crucial in some situations
  • Its great bulk allows it to set up Reflect and Light Screen easily for set up sweepers.
  • A uninvested STAB Gyro Ball coming from Bronzong still packs quite a punch, as it can do massive damage to Flygon, Virizion, and Yanmega.
  • Earthquake so Bronzong can deal damage to fire types which resist Bronzong's Gyro Ball.
  • Earthquake is the ideal choice as it hits Electric-, Fire-, and Steel-types such as Cobalion, Raikou, and Victini exceptionally hard
  • Stealth Rock if you don't have any other choice of Pokemon to learn.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Again, Relaxed nature and 0 speed ivs allow Bronzong to power up its Gyro Ball.
  • Again, Heat Proof so you can take fire moves better but levitate is so much better because you're immune to spikes and the common the Earthquake.
  • Hypnosis but it has shaky 60% accuracy
  • Toxic if you choose to swap out one of its coverage moves
  • Teammates that resist fire type attack such as Blastoise, Chandelure and Slowbro helps out Bronzong's survivability and Wish support from Pokemon like Umbreon and Togekiss.
  • Set up sweepers such as Kingdra, Mew, Heracross and Raikou benefit from screens.

[OTHER OPTIONS]
  • CM set
  • Offensive Trick Room supporter consisting of Trick Room, Earthquake, Explosion and Gyro Ball with max HP and Attack.
  • Gravity support set
  • Rain Dance / Sunny Day support set.
  • A offensive Macho Brace and Trick move set of Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball, Earthquake and Trick / Explosion
  • RestTalk but because of sleep mechanics threats such as Vicitni and Darmanitan will pressure it to switch out.
  • Bronzong has other attacking options such as Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide and Payback

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
  • Any fire types such as Chandelure, Vicitni, Rotom-H and Arcanine are great checks.
  • Hard hitters like CB Heracross, CS Kingdra and Zapdos can 2HKO Brongzong since it does not have reliable recovery.
  • Xatu's Magic Bounce bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic, although Bronzong fortunately can't be poisoned. Xatu can’t do much outside of Night Shade and the rare Heat Wave
  • Support Mew and Sabyele make decent counters since they can taunt Bronzong making it unable to set up. Furthermore, Baton Pass Mew can Taunt Bronzong and set up with Nasty Plot, Sword Dance, or Rock Polish then pass its boost to a recipient such as Nidoking and Flygon
  • Set up sweepers with rest such as Bulk Up Scrafty and CroCune are great counters they take little damage from Bronzong and can rest off the Toxic.
  • The uncommon Magnet Rise Magneton does a great job of taking out Bronzong granted that it doesn't switch in on an Earthquake.

[Overview]
  • Only notable thing gained from BW2 is Gravity and Trick
  • Only 1 weakness (if using leviate)
Bronzong already had access to Gravity and Trick from 4th gen tutor moves, and they aren't illegal with anything as far as I can tell because Bronzong has no breeding moves and no fifth gen event moves (at least that I can find). The only thing its illegal with is Heavy Metal, which I don't think is worth mentioning. Also, Bronzong only has one weakness if using Heatproof as well, as it take neutral damage from fire-type attacks even if the text it's super effective might technically appear on the screen when it gets hit with them (I don't actually know if that's the case).

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've got some feedback for your first analysis, hopefully this will help! You should work on your elaboration, especially in your overview. The overview is a brief look at how the Pokemon generally plays, not a list of its attributes. You mention the attributes in context and in a manner that shows how one would play the Pokemon. For example, instead of listing how Bronzong has 7 resistances and base 116 defenses, say something along the lines of, "Due to its amazing 7 resistances and great base 116 defenses, Bronzong makes a great tank and support Pokemon." Then later you can mention, "However, lack of a recovery move makes it easy for opponents to gradually wear it down and prevents Bronzong from being a long term wall." Obviously don't copy and paste that, but do something similar. Looking at the analysis in general, its always good to explain the Nature and ivs, mention how they help Gyro Ball and don't hurt Bronzong because its slow. You don't want to go full tl;dr, but make sure your explanations are full and comprehensive. Good luck, I hope this helps you!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Slash Stealth Rock with Earthquake on the Dual Screens set; Bronzong is one of the few Pokemon bulky enough to actually use all three moves before dying.

A more general problem with this skeleton is that there's nothing of substance here. You need a much more in-depth skeleton before QC can actually approve this. Take a look over here for an example of what I'm referring to. Once you expand your analysis, we'll have a better idea of what you plan to actually write, making it possible for us to approve your analysis.

Don't forget to include a teammates section for every set.

Slash Stealth Rock with Earthquake on the Dual Screens set; Bronzong is one of the few Pokemon bulky enough to actually use all three moves before dying.

A more general problem with this skeleton is that there's nothing of substance here. You need a much more in-depth skeleton before QC can actually approve this. Take a look over here for an example of what I'm referring to. Once you expand your analysis, we'll have a better idea of what you plan to actually write, making it possible for us to approve your analysis.

Don't forget to include a teammates section for every set.
Ok I've expanded the analysis some more hopefully this is enough info, if not just tell and I'll try to add more.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Is there really much of a point to HP rock on the CM set? I mean, Yanmega's a special attacker, so you can boost on it, and anyhow Psyshock/Psychic does plenty. As for Rotom-H, Psychic almost ties, and Psyshock comes pretty close. It's lame if he Tricks or WoW's you, but you can't wear him down on the switch-in so much harder with HP rock anyhow, right?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Xatu bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic and takes 35-42% damage from Gyro Ball while being immune to Earthquake making it a great counter.
Yeah, it bounces back Toxic, but Bronzong doesn't really care at the same time due to its immunity, so you should word that a bit differently, like "Xatu's Magic Bounce bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic, although Bronzong fortunately can't be poisoned. Additionally, it only takes 35-42% damage from Gyro Ball while being immune to Earthquake making it a great counter."

Is there really much of a point to HP rock on the CM set? I mean, Yanmega's a special attacker, so you can boost on it, and anyhow Psyshock/Psychic does plenty. As for Rotom-H, Psychic almost ties, and Psyshock comes pretty close. It's lame if he Tricks or WoW's you, but you can't wear him down on the switch-in so much harder with HP rock anyhow, right?
yeah I guess I could remove HP Rock I thought it would be worth mentioning in AC because I just thought at the time it would be nice to hit flying types while still being able to hit fire types for super effective damage.
Yeah, it bounces back Toxic, but Bronzong doesn't really care at the same time due to its immunity, so you should word that a bit differently, like "Xatu's Magic Bounce bounces back Stealth Rock and Toxic, although Bronzong fortunately can't be poisoned. Additionally, it only takes 35-42% damage from Gyro Ball while being immune to Earthquake making it a great counter."
thanks i'll add that in

Looking this over, I want to ask QC the question of whether or not CM Bronzong is even viable anymore. Its lacklustre Speed combined with the slew of Pokemon that can check / Taunt it really keep it from being successful. I feel it should be moved to OO, since it doesn't have very many opportunities to set up and start tearing down the house without taking a stupid amount of damage. I'll let QC look into it, but don't be surprised if they follw suit.

I suggest that HP fire should get an AC mention on the calm mind set because it allows you to beat opposing bronzong and escavalier.

I would like to mention the brave "Life Orb" Trickroomer:

Brave Trick Room consisting of Trick Room, Earthquake, Explosion and Gyro Ball with max HP and Attack+ and Zero-Speed-.

It is interesting as Life Orb makes exactly the difference needed against normal switch-in or revenge killers to kill them and getting the needed OHKO's, when going first in TR. Here a few - impressive? - samples for one attack less to kill:

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 265-312 (101.53 - 119.54%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross (Choice Scarf): 341-402 (113.28 - 133.55%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 387-458 (110.25 - 130.48%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 242-286 (70.96 - 83.87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and a good chance to kill with OHKO after SR!

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-H: 283-334 (117.42 - 138.58%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Explosion vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Rotom-H: 281-331 (92.73 - 109.24%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO (100% after SR)

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 325-383 (107.97 - 127.24%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 304-359 (94.7 - 111.83%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO (100% after SR)

252+ Atk Life Orb Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 299-354 (98.67 - 116.83%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (100% after SR)

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ yeah add that to OO, its a decent set. only reason its not as good as it was in dpp is the explosion nerf.

anyway once thats done,

QC Approved 1/3

I would like to mention the brave "Life Orb" Trickroomer:

Brave Trick Room consisting of Trick Room, Earthquake, Explosion and Gyro Ball with max HP and Attack+ and Zero-Speed-.

It is interesting as Life Orb makes exactly the difference needed against normal switch-in or revenge killers to kill them and getting the needed OHKO's, when going first in TR. Here a few - impressive? - samples for one attack less to kill:
Rock slide probably deserves being mentioned for coverage and creating an edgequake

A slightly more defensive approach I know of is using Iron ball as the item and having trick as a support move. Iron ball boosts gyro ball's power however keep in mind that the loss of life orb is very significant. Using heatproof while seemingly every other bronzong uses levitate works to a surprise advantage. Trick+Iron ball provides an interesting and unexpected way to cripple opposing switch ins. Zapdos is the most cripled because it gained a weakness to earthquake, other bronzongs loose their levitate and can be hurt by earthquakes, and just everything loses half their speed although it should be noted that bronzong still outspeeds almost nothing.

Rock slide probably deserves being mentioned for coverage and creating an edgequake

A slightly more defensive approach I know of is using Iron ball as the item and having trick as a support move. Iron ball boosts gyro ball's power however keep in mind that the loss of life orb is very significant. Using heatproof while seemingly every other bronzong uses levitate works to a surprise advantage. Trick+Iron ball provides an interesting and unexpected way to cripple opposing switch ins. Zapdos is the most cripled because it gained a weakness to earthquake, other bronzongs loose their levitate and can be hurt by earthquakes, and just everything loses half their speed although it should be noted that bronzong still outspeeds almost nothing.
Trick is more of a team-supporting move in Bronzong's case. however, I feel that if it's going to be mentioned, that it should be done so in OO. Dropping its only form of Recovery outside of Rest is really risky, especially if you need Bronzong to come in and out of a match to beat Flygon or maintain Stealth Rocks.

Trick is more of a team-supporting move in Bronzong's case. however, I feel that if it's going to be mentioned, that it should be done so in OO. Dropping its only form of Recovery outside of Rest is really risky, especially if you need Bronzong to come in and out of a match to beat Flygon or maintain Stealth Rocks.
I agree that it should be mentioned in OO. This is just a variation of the LO set really and neither of them even have SR anywhere on the set or should be advised to be used as an answer to flygon. not a traditional bronzong at all and probably isn't for a good reason

'Other support moves for example Confuse Ray,
Safeguard and Magic Coat.'--- Bronzong does not learn Magic Coat.

It does not.Serebii made a mistake.check this

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magic_Coat_(move)

plus,it isnt in bronzong's moveset in PO or PS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)