Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: BlackRussian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Subject 18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Most weekdays after 6pm CST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Somewhat new to competitive Pokemon I have played mainly OU and I was tutored by Huntofthelion. Now looking to expand the tiers I play. I'm 19, a guy, in college studying Biochemistry, I'm a big sports guy.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes.

Dimitrand

Username:
Dimitrand

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Wardener

Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +2 hours
I'm available nearly every eveninf from 18:00 to 20:00 , of course refering to my time zone
Time zone abbreviation: CEST - Central European Summer Time

What tier do you want to learn?: Overused/Uber

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm an italian guy who doesn't stand italian way to live , finding it quite frustrating and stupid.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Obviously i do

Why shuld i be considered :
I think i should get a tutor , cause i've been in pokemon since the first generation , and i've nearly seen anithing non-competitive , and i wanted to improve myself and my squad as soon as i found out about this site.

Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm finding OU too daunting, I feel quite overwhelmed learning it so I'm thinking the limited pool of pokemon in ubers will help me to hone the basics
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Username: Debury

Pokemon Online/Pokemon ShowdownUsername: Debury

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone is GMT as I live in the UK. I am available Tuesday evenings and every other Friday and Saturday evenings most definitely and every morning during the week

What tier do you want to learn?: OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I have got into competitive battling for a little over a month now and I am looking to iron out mistakes and problems I have been having. I am mature and a fast and wary learner keen to get better at this game. I have an internet gaming history with myself playing yahoo pool for well over 10 years and I am recognized as one of the better players in the game amongst the people willing to compete fully. Also played Fifa for over 3 years competitively and my teams were in the top 10 of the world rankings for the last 2.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course to help add to the experience.

Why should I be considered?: I would listen to my tutor and really take in what they say about what I need to do. I will make sure the time they spend with me isn't wasted and I will be looking to make full usage of my tutor to help me become a better battler so I can feel more confident taking part in tournaments. The lack of posts can be put down to the lack of knowledge I have and am willing to show until I am confident enough to give some. I take criticism well and strive to put 100% into what I do.

Username:Sidpokejackson
Pokemonshowdown name:Shadowcat
Time zone And availability:Gmt : +5 ,I live in India , I am available daily at 1:00 to 3:00(noon) Indian time ,and am usually online during weekends!
What you wanna learn:UU

About myself:I am In 12thgrade ,preparing for engineering !!Its been nearly a year since I got into competetive battling,I love uu tier and want to learn and explore more into it :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talks: sure!!!

Why should I be tutored: I am new to the forums ,And I was looking forward since long time to be tutored by an experienced battle!!

Username: Vlisa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Vlisa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Any time after 21:00 GMT -7 or adjusted, after 14:00 GMT.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Sophmore in college, Physics Degree. I played a bit in DPP, but as it was my first year of college that demanded much more of my attention. As it stands now, I feel somewhat comfortable playing in the BW2 OU Metagame, (sitting at 1580+ on the ladder in Showdown), however I feel like a lot of my understanding is weak and this really holds me back. I'd love to learn how to understand how to build and classify a team, instead of using a team I can learn from the OU RMT Forums. Also, I feel like I can learn how to battle more intuitively instead of treating any opposing threat on a counter-by-counter basis.

Also I absolute love Sand Teams, be it Sand Offense, Sand Balance, (my current team), and Sand Stall. Things like a TTar/Keldeo core are really fun to play with.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:I would love to!

Reason for under 25 posts: I've actually been waiting for the next round to start up to create an account for the forums. I've ben on the forums a fair bit, but I'm much more of a stalker and I don't feel confident enough to add any opinion on something like RMT threads or describing cores one has found. Maybe this will help me woth that.

Thanks for the consideration, this is a very cool service y'all provide!

Username: TheTsBasic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Black Flags
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Rome) I'm on From 3 p.m to 9 p.m (GMT +1)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a competitive pokemon player since a few years ago and now I'm one of the leaders of the italian Team Sky. A reason because you should tutor me? Because I want to improve significantly my battling skills to become a stronger player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I think yes

Reason for less than 25 posts: I do not usually do a lot of posts, but I read about every topic that gains my attention.

I was skipped in round 71

Username: rileydelete
Pokemon Showdown Username: rileydelete
Timezone and When I'm available: American Central for timezone. I'm always free after 3:00PM on Monday, Wendsday, and Friday and free after 11:00 PM Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends are typically completely open.
What tier: Ubers
About me: Hi there, I'm Riley. I'm a Freshman College student that loves Pokemon. "Pokemon Blue version" was even my first video game! I just recently got into competitive battling (last October) and fell in love with the Ubers tier. In my mind, it's fast paced, static, and fun-especially considering you can use nearly ANYTHING! I hope that "Battling 101 can give me more experience as an Ubers player and take me "to the next level" in terms of competitive play.
Would I do Tutor Talk Threads?: Sure thing! I'll help out anyway I can.

I was skipped in round 71, and I believe Go10 has requested me as a tutee.

Username:Maestroke
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:MaestrokeXO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +1, 11am-1pm mondays and thursdays, 12pm-2pm tuesdays, and 12pm to 1pm wednesdays(or sometimes longer
)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:In freshman year in college pursuing a career in software engineering
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure

Username: Stex
Pokemon Online Username: Stex
Timezone and When I'm available: my GTM is +1...i'm available every day apart saturday...
What tier: DPP Ou
About me: i'm italian,and i play this game competively since a year...obv is my favourite game in the free time and nothing, i only need to learn dp for next smogon tour
Would I do Tutor Talk Threads?: Sure thing! I'll help out anyway I can.

Username: Flaresun
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sunflash/Flaresun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3, available in the afternoon on weekdays and all day on Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU / RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a russian girl studying for a journalist who love pokemon and gaming in general
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

I was skipped in Round 70 and my tutor (DTC) left Smogon in Round 71.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username:Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Metal Sonic on showdown and irc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8 After School/ most of the day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU / NU (Whichever free tutor has the most compatible timezone)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a very powerful BW2 UU / OU player, have been contributing a lot in the UU Subforum and been a contender in Smogon Tournament 9 and had reached the 5th round of the tournament, defeating powerful players such as Soulwind and ballabrown just to lose to Moet -- It was not possible to win the tournament because the next opponent in line was undefeated champion Gr8astard. Do note that I was the victim of unkind rumors due to my loss; despite having to personally face gr8astard in round 6 even if I had won.

Wants to learn the other commonly-played tiers, like LU and NU. Will be fine with either, and would appreciate it if a tutor with a compatible Timezone is paired with me.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

Username:Dzi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Dzi, Sludgee, Xclus|Dzi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8 Everyday from afternoon until midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an experienced Wifi NU player in PO, reached top 10 multiple times (peaked #4 with 1433 points) with different teams but never reached #1 becuase there is a huge Gl4ss wall in the ladder. I'm a Wifi NU QC member along with Meeps, Elmo, Emac and New Breed. I'm a Wifi NU tutor in the PO Academy so I know what it feels like to be tutor and know I'm willing to become a tutee. I want to learn BW2 UU because it looks really fun and interesting. I have PO friends like Metal Sonic and Soren Valenheart who are very decent in BW UU and I want to be just like them. I enjoy teambuilding both alone and with other players in almost any tiers. I can adjust to every person quite easily.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure thing. :3

Why I don't have 25+ posts here: I created this Smogon account a long time ago but I never had time to use it but I am very active in the PO forums. Here is the link to my latest posts. As you can see, I already have 413 (and still counting) posts in the PO forums. Oh, and here is the link to my started threads. Sorry if I'm inactive here but if I become a tutee I promise to be very active in this forum and participate in most of the threads.

Username: cernor

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Damagian

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4:00
Normally available Friday from 8:00 PM, Saturdays from 11:00AM-5:00 PM.
Able to talk but not use simulators from around 10:00-11:00AM Monday-Friday

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokémon for years, but only got into the competitive scene a little while ago. I mostly play the console games but am interested in learning more advanced strategies and teambuilding techniques that are viable on a competitive scene.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Reason for fewer than 25 posts: I'm not very experienced and so I don't want to post on topics I don't know much about. I tended to lurk rather than post, although I have posted 2 RMTs previously, neither of which were very successful.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Agent Dell
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Generally speaking Agent Dell, but I have various alts as well
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, usually anytime on weekends and evenings for weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a guy who likes making videos and practicing coding games. I like talking and exploring about anything regarding the activities of other like-minded individuals. I don't really have a schedule per say. I just do things whenever I have time to get around on a particular project, or just take the time to enjoy my spare time as I can. I like to refer to myself as an individual who likes to analyze, criticize, and make new ideas materialize (heh, terrible rhyming ftw). I'm also currently on the wait list of a university that I wish to get into in the future (University of Michigan). I also commonly play RBY OU and BW2 NU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure thing.

Username: Serperiority

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Serperiority

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM on weekdays and really whenever on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: RU or NU (I like using the less popular pokemon.)

Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing pokemon all my life, brand new to competitive battling looks like something I would be interested in.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes.

< 25 Posts: I'm brand new to the forums and competitive battling so this is my first chance to get into the forums.

Username: Wonder
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: -Wonder Wonder [TD]Wonder
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 from 3.30 pm to 8 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (if not possible BW2 UU)
Tell us a little about yourself:i started play competitive battling on July 2011 but now i want to learn how to build a team (very well obv)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Reason for fewer than 25 posts: i had an old account but i lost username and password -.-

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I need two more people who want to learn ADV OU. If you already posted, yet would be fine learning ADV OU, make another post simply saying you'd like to learn ADV OU.

No one after this post will be eligible for tutoring, unless you want to learn ADV OU.

Username: cherubagent
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cherubagent
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 available from 5pm
What tier do you want to learn?: adv ou
Tell us a little about yourself: meh get to know me, or mentor profile
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

i had funk last round, got on fine with him but we didnt have the best timezones for getting stuff done :/

I need two more people who want to learn ADV OU. If you already posted, yet would be fine learning ADV OU, make another post simply saying you'd like to learn ADV OU.

No one after this post will be eligible for tutoring, unless you want to learn ADV OU.
I've already posted. I would be happy to learn ADV OU.

Limitless

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Annoyer - Riles
BKC - Frochtejohgurt
blarajan - BROStime
dragonuser - TheTsBasic
DTC - ColdBl00ded
EBeast - JirachiCelebiMew
Elevator Music - Dietcoke101
Funkasasurus - askjeevs
Giga Punch - relaunched
H-C - Hyperbeem
Hot N Cold - Raichoice
Huntofthelion - Ayepae
idiotfrommars - Quickbobhero
iss - speed ghilliesniper
JabbaTheGriffin - m3L4nCH0ly
Jirachi - herewegoagain
Kidogo - Rwhite84
Lavos Spawn - Chieliee
M Dragon - Cherub Agent
Moet - Vlisa
Molk - Flaresun
prem - jonathanrp
Sir - dbzmariogeno
Skynet - PTZ
syrim - rileydelete
TEzeon - Lunatic Lies
The Great Mighty Doom - Asek
Valentine - NannyCakes
Vinc2612 - El Rey

Limitless

The battling 101 staff has made posts in each tutee's thread regarding any further questions we have. Please look at your thread to see if we asked you any additional questions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)