Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I believe you have to be riding the bike before you go down the stairs

EDIT: You can't use the bike, right. But I just tried sweet scenting and it worked perfectly.

EDIT EDIT: I remember why I asked you to go down the stairs and not move, that's to prevent extra advancements that could happen if the pokemon was following you. Either way, everything else is working for me. Are you using a repel or something?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Is there an easier way to advance my frame in HG? I'm on frame 50 now, calling Elm and Joey. Radio is not working, and I don't have any Chatot's on that game. Am I just stuck with calling?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is there an easier way to advance my frame in HG? I'm on frame 50 now, calling Elm and Joey. Radio is not working, and I don't have any Chatot's on that game. Am I just stuck with calling?
Hmm, chatots are your only hope I guess.

Where are you in your game? Already in Goldenrod?
If you are, you can just use Pokecheck to download 2 chatots =P

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Can't connect to Wi-Fi using my 4th gen games. I'm in the Ruins of Alph. Found out it works if you just walk out, use the radio outside, then walk back in again ^^

I'm planning on manipulating my TID/SID once I trade some Pokemon off of my Diamond game and restart it. Looking at the articles concerning TID/SID Abuse and Cute Charm TID/SID Abuse, I have just one question: how do you do both?
It looks to me like they're two different things that can't be done simultaneously.
As I am relatively new to this, any answers pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
About the profile: just make a dummy one for any game, i.e. Black, MAC address 000000000000, ID 00000, etc.

For Cute Charm and TID abuse, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You're not going to find a Cute Charm abuse frame with both of the desired IDs, simple as that.
However, you should be able to find a Cute Charm combo with the desired TID, which is really all that matters. Just make sure to search several months.

Can I use Method K to RNG a Raikou? The tutorial says that Raikou is a Method 1 Pokemon but there are no Timid Method 1 spreads with Hidden Power Ice (70) unless I reduce the speed IV's to 12

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Methods H, J, and K are all subsets of Method 1. You need to increase your delay and/or frame ranges to be able to find the single Timid HP Ice spread with 31 HP. That spread is 31/22/30/31/31/31 IIRC. Good luck. ^_^

Methods H, J, and K are all subsets of Method 1. You need to increase your delay and/or frame ranges to be able to find the single Timid HP Ice spread with 31 HP. That spread is 31/22/30/31/31/31 IIRC. Good luck. ^_^
Thanks for the quick reply! I already RNGed my ID to make shiny Timid HP Ice spreads, would have been really annoyed if it was for nothing x_x

Sorry if this ha been answered, but I'm new here. I'm trying to Rng the Hidden Grotto for Vulpix, but I don't know how to use it. I went to the 5th gen time finder, but I need to set up a profile?? I don't know what to put in. How do I get started??

Is it possible to RNG method 2/4 in rs? If the battery is dead, it's supposed to always use the 5A0 seed - which makes method 1 RNG possible. I've tried to RNG method 4 on an emulator but I can't hit a consistent frame even when loading from the same save state. One save state gives 1-4 different frames up to 40 frames apart and none of the frames between. Advancing the frame using ctrl+n 50 times will not give the previous frames+50 (same with any other frame number). What about eggs? Are those RNG-able?

Is it possible to RNG method 2/4 in rs? If the battery is dead, it's supposed to always use the 5A0 seed - which makes method 1 RNG possible. I've tried to RNG method 4 on an emulator but I can't hit a consistent frame even when loading from the same save state. One save state gives 1-4 different frames up to 40 frames apart and none of the frames between. Advancing the frame using ctrl+n 50 times will not give the previous frames+50 (same with any other frame number). What about eggs? Are those RNG-able?
I believe you are able to force the Regi's to be method 4 if you put the cartridge on Pokemon R/S box and play it there. You can also do that with Rayquaza, but it's only a 50/50 chance.

As for method 2, I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking it'd be possible.

I believe you are able to force the Regi's to be method 4 if you put the cartridge on Pokemon R/S box and play it there. You can also do that with Rayquaza, but it's only a 50/50 chance.

As for method 2, I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking it'd be possible.
I was RNG'ing for a method 4 magikarp with an old rod and that didn't work. RNG reporter either gave the wrong frames or the game does a weird jumping back and forth. What puzzles me the most though is that the same save state gives so many different results.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I was RNG'ing for a method 4 magikarp with an old rod and that didn't work. RNG reporter either gave the wrong frames or the game does a weird jumping back and forth. What puzzles me the most though is that the same save state gives so many different results.
Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen all use Method H-2 and H-4 for wilds.
FrLg might use Method H-1 for legendaries, I just can't remember.
Hozu says Emerald is definitely H-2 in the wild, but I have gotten Method 2, as well as two friends of mine.

Hey guys besides the 8 second offset, is there anything else I would have to be wary of when trying to rng in heart gold using a 3ds? I haven't tried it in fourth gen yet.

Yeah I've been trying to RNG some Pokemon and practiced on the Event Celebi from 2011, but I haven't had any success and I don't know why. Here's what I got from my last result.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? As I said, the Event Celebi from 2011, or a Wondercard Pokemon with certain IVs.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
Seed: 33060404
Frames: 70
Delay: 1015

How did you verify your seed? Coin Flip

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? My target IVs were as followed:
HP: 31
Atk: 30
Def: 23
SpA: 30
SpD: 31
Spd: 30

The results were:
HP: 28
Att: 20
Def: 19
SpA: 22
SpD: 10
Speed: 14

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Coin flips? There are a few possibilities here...
-Have to watch out for the NPCs in the shop then, as they advance the main RNG
-Coin flips don't count as RNG advancements
-Have to use the Wondercard IV method, not Method 1 for the IVs

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I should suggest doing chatots to confirm & advance frames, at least the NPCs will not move while doing that.
And yeah, you must have a good hearing =P

Alright. I'll give it a try.

Edit: Well that didn't help. Still got nothing. Did a Coin Flip check and it doesn't match the seed at all. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the guide's instructions and everything. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)