Reflecting on BW and Looking Ahead to Gen VI - SEE POST #508

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I want to see something like a defensive Mold Breaker. I'm not sure how Mold Breaker works defensively, but maybe something that removes the opponent's ability. Then, the Reuniclus they have can get poison stalled. Or maybe Magic Guard is gone. Moxie not giving them more attack. Sheer Force pokemon taking LO recoil. It would be amazing on a decent wall.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wonder if XY will have the same amount of "loot" as BW2 had. Funfest Missions, PokéStar Studios, Join Avenue... you get TONS of stuff for free in these games. That includes several items you don't need many of, such as Magmarizers and Up-grades (and Hard Stones...). I've got a feeling that even if TMs had been single-use still, we wouldn't have much of a shortage of them with all the handing out. The flow of money has been greatly increased as well, with both money sinks and money sources blooming everywhere.

Anyway, the competitive effect of this is that it becomes easier and easier to get those "perfect" 'mons previously "exclusive" to simulators. EV training is easier, levelling can be done a lot faster, and you can get awesome moves on your Pokémon easier than ever before (For instance, I never really got around to use TM26 in my Gen. I-IV games. I kept thinking I'd sooner or later come across a Pokémon that really could use Earthquake to its fullest potential. I never did).

Also, the last time Smogon closed the XY speculation/discussion thread, GameFreak announced a new Pokémon within hours. The current attempt to replicate the success has so far been fruitless.

(Knowing my luck, we'll see news in a day or two. Or rather, you will. I'll be up in the mountains for a week without Internet, so any revelations will probably be discussed to death by the time I return).

Hey, so just googled "Pokemon x and y news" on the off chance, and found this:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/16347/20130402/pokemon-x-y-xy-news-sylveon-type.htm

Apparently the official pokemon twitter announced that there would be 'big news' coming out this Saturday. The website above suggests that it's about Sylveon's typing, but I think that's just a complete stab in the dark on their part. Still, we might finally have something new to chew on in a little less than a week :)

(NB:// You can also see the announcement on the official twitter page here - just scroll down a bit: https://twitter.com/Pokemon )

I swear GameFreak will see hail as the worst weather, so they'll make an Ice-type Pokémon with like the Special Attack of Chandelure and the speed of Jolteon coupled with Ice Body.

in no particular orderrrrrrr

gr8- you're the fucking best and i love you. i hope my bad influence hasn't made you evil and trolly irl.
ctc- haha, idk you piss me off but i love you at the end of the same. str8 murkin
probs- you piss me off too, but you're cool once i get over your accent and grammar and attitude and ugh everything
jason- you've showed me skarmpiss was right
john- lol this nigga thinks he can be friends with everyone, but i love you neways.trl
moet- you're a chill ass nigga, one of the few black people i truly respect
blim- ^^
bloo- where would i be without my light at the end of the tunnel. you're amazing babe! <3
bkc- haha, you're chill as fuck. you get bitchez 2ez
pokeaimmd- the one and only. utube (BAN ME PLEASE) aren't that bad i guess
stone cold- nigga idk where you've been, but i promise not to mistake your sister for your girl again!
gimmick- cute as fuck user who is like a replica of me except nice
jimbon- kinda cute i guess.
harsha- for crushing on me
haunter- i miss trolling your 50 y/o ass get a life noob
marth- you're a really cool guy despite all the hate
ojama- one of the people I've met recently, but you're chill as fuck and i hope we become good friends
amir- I like u idk why
mikel- liarnoobfag
thunderblunder-- are you old enough to have a smogon acc yet?
mcmeghan- you're p chill too and fun to talk to
hsa- you're a noob at ubers
papai noel- you're my best br friend and yah :)
revver- br pwr! you're cool too let's talk more
cbb-noober boober ~n__n~ i'm da adv master
finchinator- who would i troll if you didn't exist
ab2- I just love the way u say polayfrog omfg
dr ciel- god you're so fucking awful so you're ez troll 2ez

anyone else i forgot im sory but i'm fucking lazy

sandstorm has 3 immune types, ground rock and steel
i feel like hail should share this idea, the three immune would be ice (obviously), fire (melts ice?) and steel (because steel)

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I think what Hail really needs to be viable is moar abusing abilities. Make something like Sledding, which is the equivalent of Swift Swim, and more Ice Body abusers that are viable. That would give justification to run Hail in OU. Also, more stuff like Mamoswine that are amazing anti meta and have godly STABs without an SR weakness.

How about an Ice Fighting type with MASSIVE ATTACK but bad physical defense. Lets say 100 HP and 80 special defense.

Oh yeah with access to Ice Shard and Mach Punch and Swords Dance.

100/140/60/70/80/85

Thats fairly balanced in my opinion.

And how about buffing Icicle Crash to 100% accuracy. 90% makes no sense.

How about an Ice Fighting type with MASSIVE ATTACK but bad physical defense. Lets say 100 HP and 80 special defense.

100/140/60/70/80/85

And then not give it Icicle Crash or Ice Punch or any useful physical Ice-type attacks!

Adding to that, I think it would be cool if Rock Slide were boosted to 100% accuracy. If we have to use Rock Slide as a weaker but more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, it would be nice if it were at least perfectly accurate. A boost to 80 BP would also be nice, since that would give it a little extra bite and effectively make it a Rock-type Iron Head.

Also, I think Feint should be set back to 50 BP like it used to be. They made it so it now hits the opponent even if they don't use Protect/Detect, still hitting them even if they do, and it still has +2 priority. It would be a cool move if only they didn't lower its BP to 30. I think it would really be nice on CB Scizor as a slightly stronger Quick Attack that can bypass an occasional Mach Punch or something.

dcae

plaza athénée
Adding to that, I think it would be cool if Rock Slide were boosted to 100% accuracy. If we have to use Rock Slide as a weaker but more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, it would be nice if it were at least perfectly accurate. A boost to 80 BP would also be nice, since that would give it a little extra bite and effectively make it a Rock-type Iron Head.
The thing is when there is a Rock Slide, there is a possibility you can avoid it. Same with Icicle Crash. As much as I hate missing with Rock Slide (happens to me all the time with Drilbur in LC), it would not make sense for them to have perfect accuracy. The flavor of the moves are inherently made to possibly miss, which makes it more realistic. However, I completely agree that it should be buffed, IMO to 85 BP.

This might be more relevant to Ubers than to OU, if real, but...
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

New Mewtwo forme?
Well, we don't know what Ubers and OU are going to look like next generation do we? I certainly hope we don't autoban this just because it looks like/is another form of Mewtwo lol.

I wonder what its stats will be like. I think maybe the same stats as Mewtwo just re-arranged?

Mew and Mewtwo are probably going to be included in the storyline if its genetics related. Maybe Deoxys too, I wonder if we might get new Deoxys formes too. Perhaps a physical and a special one.

And with regards to moves base powers, I really don't want many more to be increased. Perhaps it's just because I started playing in RBY, but Pokemon have such huge movepools now, and access to numerous strong attacks. Sometimes I think it's getting a bit much. Like it used to be special if a Pokemon of a certain type had access to a move of a certain type, but now it seems pretty common.

The thing is when there is a Rock Slide, there is a possibility you can avoid it. Same with Icicle Crash. As much as I hate missing with Rock Slide (happens to me all the time with Drilbur in LC), it would not make sense for them to have perfect accuracy. The flavor of the moves are inherently made to possibly miss, which makes it more realistic. However, I completely agree that it should be buffed, IMO to 85 BP.
Even from a flavor standpoint, perfect accuracy would still make sense. A bunch of large boulders should be a lot harder to dodge than a thin beam of ice, and yet Rock Slide has imperfect accuracy while Ice Beam does not. There's also Avalanche, which is based on a similar natural disaster but has perfect accuracy.

And with regards to moves base powers, I really don't want many more to be increased. Perhaps it's just because I started playing in RBY, but Pokemon have such huge movepools now, and access to numerous strong attacks. Sometimes I think it's getting a bit much. Like it used to be special if a Pokemon of a certain type had access to a move of a certain type, but now it seems pretty common.
I see what you're saying, but you have to admit, some types really got the short end of the stick with good moves. I would say that some types such as Fire and Electric already have plenty of good moves, but a lot of others don't. Rock-types either have the infamously inaccurate Stone Edge or the fairly weak and still slightly inaccurate Rock Slide. Special Rock-types (rare as they are) don't really have much of anything. Besides Zoroark, Dark-types don't have a good move over 80 BP bar Foul Play, which doesn't even use your own Atk stat. Many physical Dark-types don't even get Crunch, so they are stuck using the weak Night Slash (like Weavile) or have to use Sucker Punch for that extra power (which is still a great move, but it can be taken advantage of). Ghost-types have no good physical STAB besides Shadow Claw (which isn't available for some Ghosts, namely Dusknoir) and Shadow Ball is as good as it gets on the special side.

In the light of the abundance of good moves that some types have, I don't think it would be a bad thing to throw a bone to some of those Pokemon types that don't have many good options.

there's apparently a new dunsparce evolution and a new mewtwo form officially revealed. surprised there's no discussion on it

there's apparently a new dunsparce evolution and a new mewtwo form officially revealed. surprised there's no discussion on it
dunsparce evo? can you provide a link? we already know about the new mewtwo forme but i cannot find anything on dunsparce.

dcae

plaza athénée
Even from a flavor standpoint, perfect accuracy would still make sense. A bunch of large boulders should be a lot harder to dodge than a thin beam of ice, and yet Rock Slide has imperfect accuracy while Ice Beam does not. There's also Avalanche, which is based on a similar natural disaster but has perfect accuracy.
That's a good point you brought up. I suppose then in that case Rock Slide deserves perfect accuracy if Avalanche has it. Unfortunately we aren't GF and we can't modify stuff that should be.

100/140/60/70/80/85

and then give it technician

it would be my favorite pokemon

The Dunsparce thing is only mentioned on a tumblr and cheezeburger.com, is there any more credible source to that? If not it's probably a fake.

EDIT: yeah it's even posted with the caption "JUST KIDDING" on cheezburger.com where it was posted. It's a shame cause it actually looked pretty sweet haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)