Gen 5 The OU Viability Ranking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not to say that Tyranitar is S-Rank. In fact, I doubt that it is effective enough to be S-Rank. Apart from the already aforementioned flaws (low speed; weakness to Water, Grass, Fighting, Steel, Bug, Ground, all very common attacking types), Tyranitar also lacks high-powered moves like Terrakion and Keldeo have (Crunch's 80 base power is underwhelming in comparison with Close Combat's 120 base power) this means that although Tyranitar is technically stronger than Terrakion, Terrakion hits harder in general. Also, Tyranitar is easily walled by Hippowdon if it does not carry Aqua Tail, which is a move that is generally not run because it leaves Tyranitar walled by any Fighting- or Steel-type that resists Water (Ferrothorn, Breloom, Keldeo). In fact, without a Choice Band, most Fighting-types are able to wall Tyranitar; this is a thing that limits the effectiveness of its other sets. Finally, Tyranitar is extremely vulnerable to Dugtrio. This isn't even to say that sandstorm can sometimes backfire if you are planning to support something such as Keldeo or Celebi.
I agree with you T-Tar shouldn't be S-Rank but you compare it to Terrakion and then say Tyranitar is vulnerable to Dugtrio. Isn't Terrakion also vulnerable?

Edit: Besides Scarf-Terrakion of course.

Deluks917

Ride on Shooting Star
Tyranitar is certainly not an S-rank offensive threat. He is probably not even an A-rank offensive threat. The DD set is super slow and has plenty of counters. The CB set has stabs resisted by common, dangerous pokemon.

However I tihnk tyranitar is an S-rank support pokemon. Depenidng on team needs he can pursuit Latias/Celebi/Starmie. This has become less popular but he can set up SR very reliably. He provides a good check to many special attackers. Most importantly he protects the team from Sun/Rain. Between pursuit and the fact that sand is not constantly needed he is fairly good at winning the weather war or at least strategically disrupting the weather team. This is alot of support in one pokemon.

Alright guys I haven't been too active in this thread for a while. Taking a good look at the ranking thread there are quite a few propositions for you guys. First off I'm gonna talk about some new additions of Pokemon to list. First, I would mention Jumpluff for C/D Rank. I personally think this thing is rather beast nowadays and can save your ass in so many situations on sun teams being pretty much equivalent in offensive utility to a decent chunk of pokemon in the C rank. However, some people may disagree with that so D Rank may be fine. Jumpluff definitely has a niche in the OU tier and is 100% viable. Jumpluff is an incredible asset on sun teams whether it is a late-game sweeper or a offensive support-mon. Jumpluff offers a lot of help and synergizes well with a lot of pokemon in Sun and really deserves a place in the list. It also matches fairly well against a decent chunk of pokemon in the meta now, particularly Keldeo and Landorus. Keldeo is easily revenged by the Acrobatics set while both pokemon can be encored into a move that isn't HP Ice and can be fodder for the momentum that Jumpluff can offer to the team with Encore. It is limited to sun which limits it's usefulness. On the other hand, if Victreebel is in C-Rank, i really see no reason not to put Jumpluff up there. It actually probably is more viable than that thing is nowadays actually.

Next, Accelgor really needs to be put into the list D-Rank. Accelgor has one main niche, sets up spikes while stopping Starmie, Xatu, and Espeon with STAB Bug Buzz+Final Gambit as a pseudo-spinblock.

Up next, Feraligatr really needs a spot on this viability ranking thread.This is why I petition Feraligatr for C-Rank (maybe even B actually, just because it can really be an asset even in top-level play) Feraligatr is a threat in the meta; no one can deny it at this point. Feraligatr is an incredibly viable threat in rain teams doing massive damage thanks to Swords Dance boosted Aqua Jets and it's decent coverage. It can also function as a lure to Celebi, Jellicent, and to an extent Lati@s with Crunch allowing it to partner with Keldeo really nicely as well as Thundurus-Therian. Being a solid offensive partner to the most dominant playstyle nowadays is an incredible asset that allows it to be deservant of C-Rank by the very least. As said, it can be used even in the highest level play as gr8astard has shown in OST9 finals (even though that finals was kinda shit). This might actually be enough to warrant B-Rank for it.

Lastly, I would propose Smeargle for C-Rank (or D, either works). Smeargle has two roles now; suicide hazard lead and SmashPass. Smeargle can be a reliable hazard setter thanks to Sash+Spore, which also guarantees crippling of a foe thanks to the broken sleep mechanics that 5th gen offers. If it opts for Magic Coat, it can usually beat most leads with proper prediction and set-up stealth rocks+Crippling a foe. It also has a lot of liberty for a last moveslot due to it's massive diversity. Next, SmashPass is really frowned upon in this community but still needs to be considered a playstyle. Albeit rare, I have built/seen very well built SmashPass teams (MapleDoom has a good one, not much people know him tho but he's a good friend of mine). And being the centerpiece of an entire playstyle deserves some credit.

Now let's move on to propositions for changes in ranking. First I need to really promote Weavile to B-Rank. Weavile synergizes really well with top-threats nowadays and is incredibly helpful on Hyper Offensive teams. Weavile can take out the main threats to extremely powerful pokemon such as Breloom and Keldeo letting them plow through the opposition. Weavile's second duty is the ability to slay dragons. Even though Mamoswine can fulfill the role of it better, Weavile is still damn good in beating Landrous/Dragons well. Weavile can really put a stop to some pokemon and is a strong check to pokemon in the meta while offering pursuit trapping support at the same time. Breloom/Weavile/Keldeo is a really strong offensive core nowadays and i think this warrants it at B-Rank

I'm really damn tired of typing this up so let's end with something quick. Xatu to C-Rank. Even though Magic Bounce is still good, the main lead it's beating is gone now -- Deoxys-D. Also, U-Turn into Xatu is a lot less popular now thanks to the ban of Genesect. Xatu just really struggles to find a good spot on a team nowadays. I have a lot more to say actually that may complete this list but I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.

TCTphantom

formerly MX42
I wish to nominate a promotion of Zoroark to B rank. As a full on sweeper it may fail, but an illusion pivot such as this one helps team so much.

Zoroark (F) @ Expert Belt
Illusion
216 Atk, 40 Spa, 252 Spe
Naive nature
-U-Turn
-Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Sucker Punch

It can bluff a choiced pokemon, and take out Bulky Psychics and Ghosts easily. Lando and Keldeo appreciate the support. It can punch holes into the team as offensive support, leading opponents to their doom, luring out prey such as Lati@s, Celebi, Jellicent, and Gengar. It can even clean up a game with its powerful Sucker Punches, or give momentum with a timely U Turn. Thoughts?

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Tyranitar is certainly not an S-rank offensive threat. He is probably not even an A-rank offensive threat. The DD set is super slow and has plenty of counters. The CB set has stabs resisted by common, dangerous pokemon.

However I tihnk tyranitar is an S-rank support pokemon. Depenidng on team needs he can pursuit Latias/Celebi/Starmie. This has become less popular but he can set up SR very reliably. He provides a good check to many special attackers. Most importantly he protects the team from Sun/Rain. Between pursuit and the fact that sand is not constantly needed he is fairly good at winning the weather war or at least strategically disrupting the weather team. This is alot of support in one pokemon.
Honestly, I think the main reason why you can't say the support option pushes it to S-rank is because it can be trapped by Dugtrio. That's a pretty huge flaw that you can't ignore.

I wish to nominate a promotion of Zoroark to B rank. As a full on sweeper it may fail, but an illusion pivot such as this one helps team so much.

Zoroark (F) @ Expert Belt
Illusion
216 Atk, 40 Spa, 252 Spe
Naive nature
-U-Turn
-Night Daze
-Focus Blast
-Sucker Punch

It can bluff a choiced pokemon, and take out Bulky Psychics and Ghosts easily. Lando and Keldeo appreciate the support. It can punch holes into the team as offensive support, leading opponents to their doom, luring out prey such as Lati@s, Celebi, Jellicent, and Gengar. It can even clean up a game with its powerful Sucker Punches, or give momentum with a timely U Turn. Thoughts?
Keldeo (and to an extent, Virizion) WALL this completely. They take shit from Sucker Punch or Night Daze, Keldeo and Virizion can eat a focus blast any day of the week. Keldeo even resists U-Turn. Both can smash it with Close Combat and Secret Swword. Most Zoroark are going to illusion special sweepers, and Virizion does not fear special sweepers at all.

Zoroark should stay where it is. Common weaknesses to common moves, a slightly dissapointing speed stat, and even worse defenses are why its C Tier.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a huge user of Zoroark in OU, but as of now I don't see anything that would justify placing it in B rank. First off, 105 base Speed is by no means bad, but there are a lot of common OU Pokemon that are faster than it (primarily Keldeo/Terrakion since they resist Sucker Punch). It's also pretty much impossible to bring in on an attack that it isn't outright immune to, which makes it much more difficult to succeed with Zoroark consistently. These both make Zoroark require lots of support in order to succeed; more support than B-rank Pokemon, from my experience.

Illusion is Zoroark's only true niche, and Illusion is not exactly easy to use to its fullest potential. If it were just a little faster, then the case for putting Zoroark in B-tier would be stronger, but this isn't the case.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
kinda like what lucaroarkz is saying above me, what changed to justify shifting zoroark into ou? keldeo and terrakion are still as common as ever, hurting zoroark's chances at a sweep greatly, and there's really nothing else zoroark can do in the current metagame that other pokemon can't do better. its only "niche" is illusion but any good player knows that zoroark takes the form of the pokemon in the opponent's last slot and based on team preview they can easily determine which pokemon to be wary of and act appropriately. at best it makes the opponent think a little more and could force a 50/50 every once in a while but it's not worth the sacrifice of a slot when you could be using something a lot better. solid c-rank

Neliel

Sacred Sword
kinda like what lucaroarkz is saying above me, what changed to justify shifting zoroark into ou? keldeo and terrakion are still as common as ever, hurting zoroark's chances at a sweep greatly, and there's really nothing else zoroark can do in the current metagame that other pokemon can't do better. its only "niche" is illusion but any good player knows that zoroark takes the form of the pokemon in the opponent's last slot and based on team preview they can easily determine which pokemon to be wary of and act appropriately. at best it makes the opponent think a little more and could force a 50/50 every once in a while but it's not worth the sacrifice of a slot when you could be using something a lot better. solid c-rank
Just saying showdown lets you change the order in the team preview, so you can decide which pokemon to fake depending on the opponent team.

Just saying showdown lets you change the order in the team preview, so you can decide which pokemon to fake depending on the opponent team.
You're gonna have to switch throughout the battle, so your plans can be ruined. (Example, I'll put Jellicent in last so that Zoroark looks like Jellicent and can surprise Ferrothorn... he just sent in Keldeo on the first turn. So much for that.)

Regardless, its going to be fairly easy to tell what's Zoroark and what isn't (ie. sending out Jellicent against Ferrothorn), unless you want to get crazy into the headgames. Zoroark is just one of those Pokemon that can work, but you have to put a ton of thought and effort into using it effectively, instead of using something more straightforward.

i might get a bit of disagreement, but I propose that we add swampert to D-Rank.

Swampert's CB set is pretty good in the current metagame with rain running rampant. He has a pretty nice STAB combo in Waterfall and EQ, which is only resisted by grass typing. Almost every grass type can be dealt with superpower and ice punch. He might face competition with garchomp, but his ability to abuse rain should not be ignored. As a wall, he is outclassed by garchomp and gastrodon, so you really should only use him as an attacker.

I'm also bringing the old discussion of moving gastrodon up to low B-rank.

Honestly at this point, with Gen VI creeping closer and closer, I feel that this Tier List is pretty solid :]

We've settled all the big OU Pokemon into their S, A and B Rank homes. At this point I'm seeing people are literally taking up random UU and NU Pokemon and asking it to be thrown into D-Rank. Guys. It needs to be OU Viable. If we let every single Pokemon into D-Rank, this thread would honestly just lose its purpose.
There are still a lot of pokemon that have not been added to the list with OU sets on their analysis AKA are OU-viable. I feel like that must be done for this list to be near complete, and once that happens, appropriate final tier changes should take place, if it is needed. if not, that is when this OU Viability ranking will be finito.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel for A rank!

Tentacruel always competes with Starmie for a teamslot on rain teams, but unlike Starmie it can have both great longevity and the ability to get past every spinblocker with the SubToxic set. Aside from being the best defensive spinner in OU, Tentacruel also counters a multitude of dangerous threats in rain, such as Scizor, Lucario, Scarf and Expert Belt Keldeo, and Volcarona without Rest. Finally, Scald, 12.5% passive recovery each turn, and Toxic/Toxic Spikes are the rest of Tentacruel's traits that make it a great teamplayer and a very hard Pokemon to switch into without a few select Pokemon (only Celebi, Starmie, and Toxicroak don't care about both moves).

Lavos

Banned deucer.
supporting tentacruel for a-rank as well. like alexwolf said, it's the best spinner in the game right now with a rare ability to check both keldeo and terrakion, plus protect and rain dish added to its sheer defensive bulk makes it very hard to take down for most teams. rapid spin's always an asset, but even better when you can toxic or scald jellicent and gengar to death, respectively, making spinning a whole lot easier. i could go on and on about this thing but i think you all get the point. surprised it's not a-rank already

Tentacruel is the best spinner just like other people said. it has an excellent typing and bulk as well. It also is a huge part of many cores. Rapid Spin is still good as ever. Seriously, this thing saved my life a bunch of times. Who needs those stupid Keldeo and Terrakion checks when you haev a counter in front of you?! It's SubToxic set is deadly to face currently and is pretty much hard to break through for spinners. Gengar is destroyed by due to its low defense and all Tentacruel has to do is Toxic and Protect, attack Protect, attack, protect, sub breaks while attack, sub again, protect haha bye bye Jellicent. Also, if you predict it will switch you can Rapid Spin again.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Tentacruel is insanely dependant on rain, very easy to wear down without it, useless against sun teams, and severe set-up bait for a lot of things. Not to mention its weaknesses to Electric and Ground mean that it can't counter the Therians, which are the top offensive threats at the moment.

It's an effective as fuck spinner though, so I could see it being super low A-rank

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
MASSIVE CHANGES INCOMING

(Massive thanks to Ojama for helping me with this update)

Mamoswine up from B-rank ==> A-rank
Alakazam up from B-rank ==> A-rank
Volcarona up from B-rank ==> A-rank
Kyurem up from B-rank ==> A-rank
Tentacruel up from B-rank ==> A-rank

Mamoswine: I'm going to be honest, I avoided moving Mamoswine up to A-tier because I thought it was overrated. I realize now, that I was being selfish/faulty reasoning, and I should ave never attempted discredit this monster of a Pokemon. Mamoswine is just... Awesome. It can play the lead game fairly well (either as an endeavor lead or LO attacker), its practically impossible to wall (offense teams are pretty much forced to sack something if don't have Rotom-W). It's arguably the best revenge killer in the game; it's priority is extremely useful for taking down Dragon-types, Landorus-I (arguably the most dangerous sweeper in the GAME) Tornadus and Thundurus-T. Its one of the better offensive SR users, and it has a handy immunity to electricity (making it useful consistent check to Thundurus imo). When it got Thick Fat, it basically nullified the shittyness of its ice-typing. It's probably the only Pokemon in the game that benefits from its Ice subtyping due to its unique circumstance. Overall, Mamoswine is just a very good Pokemon in OU, I was stupid to not move it to A-rank before.

Volcarona: There's a lot that can be said about Volcarona, but I think we can all agree that its the best sun sweeper in the game(MAYBE 2nd to Venusaur). Its SR weakness has been sited as a massive flaw, but if you're seriously willing to make Volcarona work, your team should be dedicated to controlling SR (either via Magic Bounce, Rapid Spinning, whatever). I think it's one of the most unnoticed winners of the BW2 move tutors, because Giga Drain lets its absolutely shit on Keldeo and Terrakion at +1. Keep in mind, these are 2 Pokemon are often considered some of the best Volcarona checks in the game and they can't even it stop it at +1. It's really only stopped by Blissey (which nobody uses) and Heatran (any sun team worth their salt should use Dugtrio to KO Heatran). Volcarona is an A-rank Pokemon for sure.

Kyurem: Kyurem gets neglected for being a crappier Kyurem-B, but that couldn't farther from the truth. It still has the traits that made it a sleeper threat in the first place; Awesome bulk (with the newly added roost), dual effectiveness against Rain Offense and Sun Offense, and the ability absolutely murders stall teams. SubRoost sets are a bitch to deal with in general and Kyurem has amazing coverage (The addition of Earth Power to its movepool really does make a difference). BKC's team, which is one of the best stall semi-stall teams ever created, you'll notice that Kyurem absolutely devours that team. (I'd argue that it also beats down gr8's team too but whatever). Even with the existence of Kyurem-B, Kyurem is still a damn good pokemon.

Alakazam: Magic Guard is without a doubt, one of the best abilities in the game. Give one of the fastest Pokemon, (with awesome coverage) immunity to passive damage of any kind, and basically 2 lives (with Focus Sash) and turns into a badass killing machine. It's as simple as that! Alakazam is basically an amazing offensive threat, revenge killer, and stallbreaker (CM Alakazam is very effective against stall) all rolled into one. Best of all, it can body Tyranitar.

Tentacruel: Tentacruel is fodder for Sand and Sun teams... but on the other hand, Tentacruel is fucking cheap in the rain. Rain Dish basically makes it invincible, and it's capable of stalling out a ton of threats on its own. It does this in addition to being arguably the best spinner in the OU tier, so I don't see harm in moving this thing to A-tier.

wait. what the hell. When I had argued for Volcarona, I had used all the logic used in the above post. But yet. I was neglected... ._.

I'm not sure though about Alakazam :/
Can he really sweep a majority of the metagame easily?
It can easily OHKO most of the meta if not 2KO, which with sash active it has the opportunity to do so. It absolutely murders stall based teams.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
It can easily OHKO most of the meta if not 2KO, which with sash active it has the opportunity to do so. It absolutely murders stall based teams.
that's wrong. it doesn't murder stall based teams, most stall teams actually wall it quite handily. sdef celebi, sdef jirachi, and sdef hippowdon are just a few examples of pokemon commonly found on stall that have no trouble dealing with alakazam. zam really shines against offensive teams, since it can easily pick off slower pokemon (aka most of the metagame) and with a sash it can stop nearly any sweep in its tracks, even preventing such powerful 'mons as ddnite and rp landorus from cleaning up teams. plus magic guard is lovely.

edit: cm sucks unless you're lucky enough to be facing stall, it's worthless vs offense

that's wrong. it doesn't murder stall based teams, most stall teams actually wall it quite handily. sdef celebi, sdef jirachi, and sdef hippowdon are just a few examples of pokemon commonly found on stall that have no trouble dealing with alakazam. zam really shines against offensive teams, since it can easily pick off slower pokemon (aka most of the metagame) and with a sash it can stop nearly any sweep in its tracks, even preventing such powerful 'mons as ddnite and rp landorus from cleaning up teams. plus magic guard is lovely.

edit: cm sucks unless you're lucky enough to be facing stall, it's worthless vs offense
Obviously referring to the "CM" set, goes without saying. Your two cents are appreciated.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
cm set still loses to sdef jirachi and sometimes sdef hippowdon, out of the 3 viable zam sets it's by far the worst since it is also dead weight against offense. if you're going to refer to a certain set you should make it clear in the original post. when you say "it" how am i supposed to know which set you're talking about? don't get snippy, be more clear next time.

Alright guys I haven't been too active in this thread for a while. Taking a good look at the ranking thread there are quite a few propositions for you guys. First off I'm gonna talk about some new additions of Pokemon to list. First, I would mention Jumpluff for C/D Rank. I personally think this thing is rather beast nowadays and can save your ass in so many situations on sun teams being pretty much equivalent in offensive utility to a decent chunk of pokemon in the C rank. However, some people may disagree with that so D Rank may be fine. Jumpluff definitely has a niche in the OU tier and is 100% viable. Jumpluff is an incredible asset on sun teams whether it is a late-game sweeper or a offensive support-mon. Jumpluff offers a lot of help and synergizes well with a lot of pokemon in Sun and really deserves a place in the list. It also matches fairly well against a decent chunk of pokemon in the meta now, particularly Keldeo and Landorus. Keldeo is easily revenged by the Acrobatics set while both pokemon can be encored into a move that isn't HP Ice and can be fodder for the momentum that Jumpluff can offer to the team with Encore. It is limited to sun which limits it's usefulness. On the other hand, if Victreebel is in C-Rank, i really see no reason not to put Jumpluff up there. It actually probably is more viable than that thing is nowadays actually.

Next, Accelgor really needs to be put into the list D-Rank. Accelgor has one main niche, sets up spikes while stopping Starmie, Xatu, and Espeon with STAB Bug Buzz+Final Gambit as a pseudo-spinblock.

Up next, Feraligatr really needs a spot on this viability ranking thread.This is why I petition Feraligatr for C-Rank (maybe even B actually, just because it can really be an asset even in top-level play) Feraligatr is a threat in the meta; no one can deny it at this point. Feraligatr is an incredibly viable threat in rain teams doing massive damage thanks to Swords Dance boosted Aqua Jets and it's decent coverage. It can also function as a lure to Celebi, Jellicent, and to an extent Lati@s with Crunch allowing it to partner with Keldeo really nicely as well as Thundurus-Therian. Being a solid offensive partner to the most dominant playstyle nowadays is an incredible asset that allows it to be deservant of C-Rank by the very least. As said, it can be used even in the highest level play as gr8astard has shown in OST9 finals (even though that finals was kinda shit). This might actually be enough to warrant B-Rank for it.

Lastly, I would propose Smeargle for C-Rank (or D, either works). Smeargle has two roles now; suicide hazard lead and SmashPass. Smeargle can be a reliable hazard setter thanks to Sash+Spore, which also guarantees crippling of a foe thanks to the broken sleep mechanics that 5th gen offers. If it opts for Magic Coat, it can usually beat most leads with proper prediction and set-up stealth rocks+Crippling a foe. It also has a lot of liberty for a last moveslot due to it's massive diversity. Next, SmashPass is really frowned upon in this community but still needs to be considered a playstyle. Albeit rare, I have built/seen very well built SmashPass teams (MapleDoom has a good one, not much people know him tho but he's a good friend of mine). And being the centerpiece of an entire playstyle deserves some credit.

Now let's move on to propositions for changes in ranking. First I need to really promote Weavile to B-Rank. Weavile synergizes really well with top-threats nowadays and is incredibly helpful on Hyper Offensive teams. Weavile can take out the main threats to extremely powerful pokemon such as Breloom and Keldeo letting them plow through the opposition. Weavile's second duty is the ability to slay dragons. Even though Mamoswine can fulfill the role of it better, Weavile is still damn good in beating Landrous/Dragons well. Weavile can really put a stop to some pokemon and is a strong check to pokemon in the meta while offering pursuit trapping support at the same time. Breloom/Weavile/Keldeo is a really strong offensive core nowadays and i think this warrants it at B-Rank

I'm really damn tired of typing this up so let's end with something quick. Xatu to C-Rank. Even though Magic Bounce is still good, the main lead it's beating is gone now -- Deoxys-D. Also, U-Turn into Xatu is a lot less popular now thanks to the ban of Genesect. Xatu just really struggles to find a good spot on a team nowadays. I have a lot more to say actually that may complete this list but I'll take another stab at it tomorrow.
Just gonna give a little bit more exposure to my propositions as i haven't seen any attention going on for it.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I kinda agree with the moving down of Xatu to C rank (and probably Espeon with it) now that Deoxys-D has been banned. He's still ok, but not nearly as useful now that tere aren't as many "Suicide Hazards Setter + 5 Sweepers" teams. Obviously Custap Skarmory/Forretress are being used more, but not as much as Deo-D was. The only real niche that Xatu has is on sun teams and as a perfect counter to Breloom (who runs Stone Edge these days?).

If xatu drops, espeon should too. I'm going to be honest here: Espeon was only B-rank since they could beat deoxys-d. Espeon is not a good support pokemon, or a good offensive pokemon because of how outclassed it is at both. Its offensively outclassed by latois, who has all around better stats and is defensively outclassed by xatu, who has U-turn and similar bulk. I personally think espeon is borderlining D-Rank, but I'm going a bit too far there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)