Rank #1 in Ubers by huge margin: Team Squid

Proof:

Yes my username is pooooooooooooooop. I really apologize. Really lol.

The team:

Genesect @ Focus Sash
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

Commentary: I generally lead with this. Too many people assume choice scarf which is lolzy, and makes this set great. I can spam ice-beam on dragon/groudon, and then they will switch in kyogre, and I will thunder. The best is when kyogre tries to substitute or CM, in which case I kill it and still have my sash intact. Ho-oh loves to try and set up, but I go and blast thunder anyways, even in the sun (70% isn't too bad, and I have focus sash back up). On good games, genesect can kill 2 pokemon right off the bat before you die, in which case if you're a decent player vs. an expert player, you can easily win with a 5-4 advantage. The only stop is chansey, but no one runs it for some reason. Dialga lead is a problem, and I usually lead with ditto in that case (predict).

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Commentary: Standard physically defensive kyogre, with T-wave instead of Calm Mind. I found CM didn't get strong enough fast enough, and would only work late game- I use kyogre throughout the game, and I don't necessarily save it for last, so yeah. I use t-wave to support the team (explained in the overall team commentary down below). It's a great groudon switch in and ho-oh check (with life-orb it's tough since brave bird does 60%, but then I can switch into steelceus). It also can tank an extreme speed pretty well, and is my answer to Deo-A leads.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Commentary: Essentially standard chansey, except I don't run HP. I make full use of eviolite by doing both 252def and 252spdef. The unique thing I choose to do is calm boosting nature, which increases Spdef. This is, imo, the best set. Chansey is so good because it simply counters so much shit. Kyogre, Kyurem-W, Shaymin, Darkrai, Tornadus, Dialga, etc. Specs Kyurem-W's DM does something like 30% to it, and Darkrai +2 focus blast does like 35% (going off memory, correct me if I'm wrong) which even with full hazard support, is easy to play around. It's just too easy; I don't know why more people use chansey.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Draco Meteor
- Aura Sphere
- Outrage

Commentary: Giratina-O was the last pokemon I put on this team, and only after certain testing. The fact of the matter is that it doesn't have one niche; it has utility in many forms. The most obvious is a good groudon switch in, especially since groudon loves coming in on my chansey. Second, it is a check to extremekiller arceus, and allows me to either aura sphere or DM the arcues before I sack it. Ditto can then KO it with its own E-speed. Giratina also checks a lot of great pokemon with shadow sneak, like mewtwo and ghostceus. Since it's both spatk and atk, and boosted by griseous orb, Gira-O is a great wallbreaker for those hardcore stall teams that run things like tentacruel/groudon combo. I can blast DM, outrage, kill something, and then die. Essentially, sack Gira to blast a hole in their team when I find it's worth it.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
-
- Transform
-
-

Commentary: Ditto keeps the team together. As with all hyper offense teams, the risk of getting swept by something like extremespeed arceus/NP darkrai is very high. Ditto is my safecheck to just about everything. It's there when I need it - it's role transforms (lol) with each match. Sometimes I need it to stop ferrothorn and set up spikes on my own, sometimes I need it to revenge that Arceus extremekiller. Sometimes it's there to stop Deo-S leads and taunt them. Sometimes it's there to sweep with a +2 Kabutops. It absolutely demolishes HO teams that rely on dragon spam, and generally dissuades teams from using that DDance on their rayquaza. I love this thing- very underrated.

Arceus @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 232 Atk / 184 Spd / 92 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Recover
- Substitute

Commentary: This is the crux of my team. This monster rapes everything.

I want to stop there, but I probs need to explain. First off, like my sashsect below, it has a huge element of surprise. Everyone expects wisp/recover with bulk, and with good reason. However, this beast sets up on ferro/blissey/DM spammers/outrage, subs, SD, and after that, iron head rapes. It's not uncommon for me to be behind a sub with +6 atk Iron head. It's game at that point :). This also counters latios/latias, and is EV'd to outspeed them. It also counters shaymin/giratina. The flinch rate is also sexy. It's so easy to set up sub as ferrothorn leech seeds. Also this thing absolutely rapes Giratinas without roar (and who rely on d-tail). Seriously I want copyrights and patent infringement protection on this beast I concocted; it's that good.

When people see me sub on their toxic/leechseed/DM/outrage/airslash/wisp/dragontail/spikes, they are like "ok". When they see me SD, they are like "shit, it's a sweeper set". When they see me iron head their latios and KO it as they desperately try to break the sub, they are like "f*ck!!!". When I reveal that my set is mono-attacking by using recover, showing that my Arceus simply will not die (and your aura sphere only does 40%, plus you're paralyzed so I will set up more subs anyways), panties start dropping and bras start unclipping all over the world as they realize their chance of winning is 0.00%. This is where I say "GG" when you still have 3 pokemon left.

Overall team commentary:
This team is hyper offense, and the great thing is that it doesn't seem that way- it's a surprise. I generally lead with Genesect and sack it half the time. I always switch genesect into forretress/ferrothorn, because then I can utilize my sash if I don't lead with genesect, and bluff a flamethrower. I have two backbone walls, kyogre and chansey, who have t-wave support which is great for my slow giratina wall breaker and my super sexy arceus which can set up subs/recover/SD against any paralyzed pokemon. Kyogre and Chansey are also there to counter a lot of general attackers on both sides of the attacking spectrum. In addition, iron head is unstoppable against paralyzed pokemon, and it's ruthless because I can almost always keep my sub against a paralyzed pokemon (and if they break it, I keep subbing and recovering until I'm back at full health). Arceus is also there to take the Outrages kyogre can't. Giratina and ditto area great checks to a lot of threats in the metagame, which make them invaluable (Giratina also doubles as a wallbreaker in certain games). This team generally produces fast paced games.

Lead analysis:
I lead genesect in general, but special cases exist. Deo-S means I run ditto (taunt him, or spike if I feel like predicting). Darkrai means ditto as well, as I want to dark void first. Dialga means either ditto (to scout) or chansey (to SR without fear). Deo-A usually means I do kyogre.

Weaknesses:
Assuming said pokemon is backed by a good player...
+Dialga leads are not good because I don't get a lead advantage and am forced to use ditto/chansey
+Dialga with the bulkup resttalk d-claw set can screw me over because I don't see them coming since they are rare. Otherwise, my steelceus can handle it fine.
+Extremekiller arceus that ends up not being t-waved or have any prior damage from say Giratina's DM. My steelceus may scare it into switching out, but can't beat it one on one if it already has a swords dance. EQ+Espeed together is basically enough for a KO. In order to get to this situation, the opponent needs to be a good player and force me to sack my kyogre and giratina.
+Ghostceus with Focus Blast and SubCM. Only because it beats my ditto (I get normal typed judgment and he KOs with ghost type Judgment) and Focus blast is hard to deal with because chansey can't attack it (only t-wave) and it kills my steelceus.
+Band Ho-oh because it's a fucking baller set that should be used more.
+When thunder misses on ho-oh in the sun with genesect. I usually have 2 shots anyways since focus sash.

A lot of the team is centered around using it right. For example, chansey kind of shits all over my team, so it is all about getting steelceus in (101hp subs) and setting up on it, which usually means game. Same for things like tentacruel kind of.

I wrote this very quickly (20 minutes), but please let me know what you guys think. This team is pretty unique, but not without flaws.

Importable:
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Genesect @ Focus Sash
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

Arceus @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 232 Atk / 184 Spd / 92 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Recover
- Substitute

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
-
- Transform
-
-

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Draco Meteor
- Aura Sphere
- Outrage

reserved for rate

ladder oral confirmed, his score at time of post is 2384+-99, win-loss rate of 20-0, not sure how he did it, this team doesn't look good enough for a peak at 1st position. got lucky I guess?

give ditto 248 HP to reduce sr damage. give it 252 defense. also max ivs except for 2 in speed, and give it a Relaxed nature. these changes will help when you face another ditto.

Well I kinda like it actually. Just a note though, Thunder has 50% accuracy in the sun so don't wonder if you miss most of the time. As some sort of safety against things like defensive Groudon and other base 90s, I suggest you run 248 HP on Kyogre and put the remaining 8 on speed to kill them with Scald before they can get a decent amount of damage on you. 248 HP also means less damage from Spikes and Stealth Rock. Since you don't really have a spinner and will sometimes not get the chance (I mean if you can't transform your Ditto into a spinner), I think the HP EVs will be of some use to you.

I also agree with lousy918 with the Ditto changes.

That's it really. I hope I helped somehow.

Dope Arceus set. I ran a similar set a while back but it was a CM + Judgement instead of SD + Iron Head. Terribly underrated. No one will ever understand just how good it actually is until they try it because it's one of those theorymon type Pokémon that most people assume is garbage because of the poor coverage. Not much I can suggest because this is already a pretty sick team. Nice job and congratz on number 1

This is a very cool, very unique team. As you allude to a couple of times, the team likes the element of surprise, so don't expect as much success now that you've posted it haha.

I don't really want to mess with the team too much, since it looks very solid to me. Ho-Oh is a pretty big issue, but you have two solid checks in Kyogre and Giratina-O, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. However, to alleviate these issues as well as the Extremekiller weakness, I'd switch Giratina-O's set to a physically defensive one. You can 2HKO Extremekiller with Outrage, as well as tank Ho-Oh's hits much better. The set offers other benefits such as helping a lot against Double Dance Groudon. You can still 2HKO Offensive Groudon with a combination of Draco Meteor and Outrage, and the phazing is handy.

Set:
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Def
Brave (+Att, -Spe) Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Draco Meteor
- Roar
- Outrage

I dont know a lot about Uber, but you have a nice Arceus set!

Another big threat for this team is Kyogre CMRest which can switch easily on 3/6 mons of your team and wall your sweeper, and the rest of the team cant touch this Kyogre after +1 :/

CM Kyogre is a real threat for the reason you mentioned, but I will say that because I usually lead genesect and use ice beam/bug buzz/flamethrower, CM Kyogre often tries to set up, only to die by thunder which hits it before it can CM.

Late game CMogre can mean game, but I'll just say that if you use this team enough, CMogre always comes in early when it thinks your sect is locked into flamethrower. So it isn't as bad a problem as you think.

Ditto is a terrible mon. Ditto is food vs stall teams which your team is already succeptible to. A dual phasing Gira-O comes in on chansey with max hazards up, roars, ditto comes in, roars, ditto dies next time it comes in. This team is very stall weak and can't check many offensive threats either (Rayquaza, Mewtwo)

Ditto is a terrible mon. Ditto is food vs stall teams which your team is already succeptible to. A dual phasing Gira-O comes in on chansey with max hazards up, roars, ditto comes in, roars, ditto dies next time it comes in. This team is very stall weak and can't check many offensive threats either (Rayquaza, Mewtwo)
Stall teams are pretty awful in this meta because there are too many threats. Every dedicated stall team will have a hole which will prevent it from "gaming" the meta.

I have a lot of checks to say, ray or mewtwo, and ditto is one of them. Kyogre/chansey check them as well. Gira-o's shadow sneak also checks mewtwo. Yes, with rayquaza and mewtwo something will probably die, but that only makes sense because they are the 2 best wallbreakers in the tier. Dedicated stall teams will likely have something die in face of them too. The point of my team is that I can leverage a lot of utility to patch holes that a dedicated stall team cannot, and still leverage offensive momentum.

Dual phasing giratina with max hazards cannot touch kyogre/chansey/steelceus, who will recover to full health and therefore not be affected by phasing. Giratina-O only takes SR damage, and forces it out with a powerful DM; SR damage is non-issue because Gira-O doesn't stay alive long enough anyways. That leaves genesect and ditto, who get wrecked by dual phasing gira-o with max hazards. That's 2/6 pokemon on my team, who both force gira-o out with higher priority dragon tail (ditto) or ice beam (which takes a decent chunk). Keep in mind max hazards is not a safe assumption.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)