Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright here we go, time to rapid fire out some more challenges.

@Snaquaza
You can link directly to a post by clicking the post number in the upper right hand corner of a post, then copying the URL of the tab that opens up. You make words in your post into a hyperlink by highlighting the words you want to be the link, then clicking the symbol in your reply box that looks like the planet with a little infinity symbol. Paste the URL you want to link to in the resulting text box and it should create the hyper link you're looking for.

To quote a single post, click the Quote button in the bottom left hand corner of the post. To quote multiple posts, you can click the button next to the quote button (the "+ one) on all the posts you want to quote. Then when you next click "post reply" on that topic, all the posts you want to quote will be wrapped in quote tags and ready to go.

If you need more help with formatting and general forum stuff you should contact one of our mentors who will be happy to help you with it.

Anyway, for your actual Pokemon...
Take a Buizel and name it Screwattack. Buizel can apparently use their tails for all sorts of crazy things, from simple propulsion through water to creating sonic booms to even (according to the anime at least) flying! Screwattack loves these amazing appendices of his/hers, and so must learn and keep the moves the depend on it ASAP. These moves are Sonic Boom and Razor Wind. Finally have it solo Crasher Wake to show just how awesome its tails make it!

@Unoriginal Name
You get FlyingRat the Emolga, lucky you! FlyingRat doesn't have any delusions of how cute an electric flying rodent can be. Hell naw, it knows that the truth is that in real life, a flying electric rodent would be the most annoying/terrfying menace that society had ever known. To reflect this, FlyingRat can never have a move that just does direct damage; all its moves must have an annoying secondary effect or be purely status. Also, at least two of those moves must be status moves. Have it annoy the shit out of Cheren and Bianca by soloing 1 of their Pokemon every time you encounter them.

@Itsame
Take a Sigilyph and name it Guardian. Guardian is the protector of the long lost city that once stood at the Desert Resort. As such, Guardian is a protector, and as such must have at least two moves at all times that can help teammates (Essentially, if the effect of the attack lasts after Guardian switches out, then it counts. The only exception to this is damage, as obviously most moves are going to do that). Guardian is driven by a very strong instinct to protect, so any time one of your Pokemon is in red HP or statused, Guardian must switch in to protect them (this is excused for solos). Guardian is also on a quest to redeem itself for its failure to protect the ancient city, and as such is constantly on the look out for clues as to what caused the disaster. It can find these clues in various locations around the world. The first clue is found inside a dust cloud in the Relic Passage, an ancient remnant of city that once neighbored Guardian's own.

Don't open these until you enter your first dust cloud in the Relic Passage with Guardian in your party, and then only open the one that applies to the item you found.

If you find a gem, you must find a trainer with Pokemon that are all of that type and solo them with Guardian. The trainer will then tell you where your next step lies (PM me for more information once you have completed this task)

You must catch and evolve a Pokemon with the stone that you found. The Pokemon will then reveal where you need to go next. (PM me for more information at the end of this task)

You must go to the tutor that teaches moves taking the color of shard you found as payment and teach one of their moves to any of your Pokemon. The Tutor will then tell you where you need to go next. (PM me for more information at the end of this task)

You must find a trainer who has the same Pokemon as you found in the dust cloud, and solo that Pokemon with Guardian. The Pokemon will then tell you where you need to go next. (PM me for more information at the end of this task)

Good luck and enjoy! I hope this is creative enough for you, I'm pretty sure nothing of the sort has been done in this thread before!

Alright, I think that's everybody, gotta go for a bit now. Enjoy your challanges everyone!
thnx for the explanation, but can't accept the scramble need only dual typed pokes

Still need one challange, first one counts read the link in my signature to give one

Alright I'm going to bring my second update of Black.
What happened this chapter:
-Caught Drilburr and Audino
-Raised my team using the Daycare (quite useful early on)
-Exploited a loophole in Luna's Challange so I could use her sooner
-Defeated Lenora
-Completed Pido's required Plasma solos
-Defeated Burgh
-Explored Route 4 and Desert Resort
-Caught Trubbish
-Currently looking for Scraggy

I'll add the team later

Hey guys! Feeling kind of stuck so I want to give it a go, requesting a challange for one of 2 games (WHITE 2:CHOSEN). Not sure which one I want to do yet, so the first person to post will make the decision for me!!

1. 6 pokemon
2. Can trade.
3. First person to suggest a pokemon also suggests a game for me to play (either Black 1 or White 2)
4. Please no move restrictions or level restrictions, I like to have a lot of freedom whilst experiencing new pokemon :)
5. I might reject it if it's seemingly unpleasant. If I do it's definitely because I don't like you as a person and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the pokemon you gave me.(/sarcasm)
6. Medium difficulty, make it somewhat difficult (whole team weak to certain types, not giving me certain easy mode pokemon) but nothing ridiculous.

Thanks guys!! Might do an update or two, depending on how I feel about writing it out.

@jon eod-I'll give you a White 2 Challange. Take an Eevee. You get to chose which Eeveelution it evolves into. Tell me which Eeveelution you want to use, and I'll do the challange from there.
EDIT: Since you chose Vaporeon, I'll give you this Challange.
Neptune (if male) or Mizuki (if Female) loves the water, and so wants to evolve as soon as possible. But before that, Neptune/Mizuki wants to battle as many water types as possible- switch him/her in to every trained water-type you find- It doesn't matter wether you win or lose, Neptune/Mizuki just wants to feel the water. Once you get your first Water stone, you must evolve Neptune/Mizuki immediately. It must always know Acid Armour once you can learn it, and always lead your party while surfing and use Acid Armour at the start of every battle near water. For good measure, Vaporeon must solo Marlon, or if that's too much, just his Jellicent (I really would prefer it if you did the full solo though).
Hint: For the Marlon solo you might want the TM for Shadow Ball in Reversal Mountain :)

WHITE 2 Challange.

Rules:
1. 6 pokemon, no NFE's preferrably
2. Can trade.
3. First person to suggest a pokemon also suggests a game for me to play (either Black 1 or White 2)
4. Please no move restrictions or level restrictions, I like to have a lot of freedom whilst experiencing new pokemon :)
5. I might reject it if it's seemingly unpleasant. If I do it's definitely because I don't like you as a person and it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the pokemon you gave me.(/sarcasm)
6. Medium difficulty, make it somewhat difficult (whole team weak to certain types, not giving me certain easy mode pokemon) but nothing ridiculous.

Pokemon:

Vaporeon:
Neptune (if male) or Mizuki (if Female) loves the water, and so wants to evolve as soon as possible. But before that, Neptune/Mizuki wants to battle as many water types as possible- switch him/her in to every trained water-type you find- It doesn't matter wether you win or lose, Neptune/Mizuki just wants to feel the water. Once you get your first Water stone, you must evolve Neptune/Mizuki immediately. It must always know Acid Armour once you can learn it, and always lead your party while surfing and use Acid Armour at the start of every battle near water. For good measure, Vaporeon must solo Marlon

Koffing:
Take a Koffing and name it Bloat. Bloat is on a mission to become the most bloated thing ever. Why? No one knows, he's just friggin' weird like that. In order to bloat himself up more, he needs to consume items to convert into bizarre and nasty gases! As such, your goal is to use as many different (consumable) items as possible on Bloat. More items gets you more things! (prior to meeting these requirements, you cannot do the things listed)

10 different items - can now hold non-consumable items
15 different items - can now use more than one of its moves in each battle
20 different items - can now evolve
25 different items - can now learn TM moves
30 different items - can now be used in the Elite 4

Meinfoo:
Get a Mienfoo name Scout, it needs to be the first in you party at all time, and needs to U-Turn right away. It can only and has to evolve when ten Trainer pokemon fainted due U-Turn on the first turn of the battle. It has to have Regenerator. As a Mienshao feels superior, it won’t want to use attacks stronger than U-Turn. If you choose to keep it un-evolved you can use all moves.

Oshawott:
jon_eod, you get Effect the Oshawott. Obviously, Oshawott may learn any move, but he may not always use them. Oshawott must always use its weakest move against enemies. Immunities do not count. This will give you your move freedom, but also forces you to plan ahead on which moves to use. It may evolve after solo'ing your rival at the Pokemon tournament. As a Dewott, it does not want to get healed anymore, except for Pokecenter. The previous restriction still applies. It also feels the need to support your team more and switch into battle anytime a team member gets beneath half health, unless conflicting with other solo's. After succesfully switching into battle for this reason in trainer battles AND knocking out the foe you switched into, Dewott may evolve into Samurott. As a Samurott, Effect believes it is strong and does not want to deal two times damage to one opponent. Previous restrictions are void. Afterwards, switch out or deal no damage to that foe. When Samurott is damaged by a super effective attack, it wants to be healed by at least 10 (consumable) items in your bag. (Or trash that amount of items). If Samurott gets hit by a not very effective attack, you must buy 10 (consumable) items. The buying must be done as soon as you get to a Pokecenter. To prove its total worth, Oshawott wants to solo Iris without you using the bag for that battle.

Zaphod the Trapinch:
take Zaphod the male Pokemon of your choice. While Zaphod traveled through Unova for less then twenty poke dollars per day, he seemed to lose himself along the way, preferring wandering Unova to his true calling of drinking as much alcohol as possible and mating with various exotic females of various species. Well, it's time for an intervention-you're going to get Zaphod's life back on track.

First of all, you need to get Zaphod very drunk so he can remember how much fun it was when he was drinking and traveling as opposed to just traveling. In order to do this, you'll need to give him the specific mixes he desires. A "mix" means consuming the listed beverages and items in THE ORDER LISTED in a single battle.

Janx Spirit (X Special->Super Potion)

Arcturian Mega-Gin (Soda Pop->X Attack->Hyper Potion)

Dragon Slammer (Fresh Water->Ether)

Death Stick (Hyper Potion->Max Potion)

Pan-galactic gargle blaster (X Special->Max Elixer->Oran Berry->Full Restore->X Attack)

Zaphod must consume every mix at least once by the Elite 4, and he must consume one during every Gym battle that isn't soloed by someone else.

Secondly, you need to get Zaphod to shower off and spend some intimate time with the opposite sex. You must catch at least 1 Pokemon on every route, and if that Pokemon is female and in the same egg group as Zaphod then you must send them to the day care together until an egg is produced.

I'm afraid that you really are NOT supposed to reject Pokemon just because you don't like them here. It's in the thread rules. If you have specific things you don't want, you can specify them (which you did). But if you didn't specify then seriously, it's tough luck. The whole spirit of a scramble is that you don't get to choose what you get.

Anyway, I'll give you one.

Take a Koffing and name it Bloat. Bloat is on a mission to become the most bloated thing ever. Why? No one knows, he's just friggin' weird like that. In order to bloat himself up more, he needs to consume items to convert into bizarre and nasty gases! As such, your goal is to use as many different (consumable) items as possible on Bloat. More items gets you more things! (prior to meeting these requirements, you cannot do the things listed)

10 different items - can now hold non-consumable items
15 different items - can now use more than one of its moves in each battle
20 different items - can now evolve
25 different items - can now learn TM moves
30 different items - can now be used in the Elite 4

Good luck. Honestly this challenge would've been better if I could put temporary move restrictions in place but I didn't want to risk breaking your rules. Hopefully this'll be satisfactory in any case.

I'm afraid that you really are NOT supposed to reject Pokemon just because you don't like them here. It's in the thread rules. If you have specific things you don't want, you can specify them (which you did). But if you didn't specify then seriously, it's tough luck. The whole spirit of a scramble is that you don't get to choose what you get.

<snip>
Yea I was being sarcastic, it didn't translate well. A question: what defines a consumable item? A held item like a berry? Or does a potion/antidote count?

No move and no level restrictions? You just took half of our tools away!

Take a Sunkern. It can never evolve, and must solo a trainer in every gym. That's it.

I would have given you a more interesting challange, but I can't use move restrictions and there's still the threat of it getting rejected, so I hope you enjoy it!

No move and no level restrictions? You just took half of our tools away!

Take a Sunkern. It can never evolve, and must solo a trainer in every gym. That's it.

I would have given you a more interesting challange, but I can't use move restrictions and there's still the threat of it getting rejected, so I hope you enjoy it!
Yea I like to do scrambles to discover new pokemon and step out of my comfort zone, but not too much. Can I evolve it with a restriction? Like after a certain gym or so, I really dislike NFE pokemon.

shinyskarmory, you know that's more than medium. Unevolvable Sunkern, really >.>
That's a perfectly reasonable challange. In my view it's medium since it would be a lot harder with move and level restrictions.

I guess I just get annoyed with people whose rules are too overarching. If you wanted to play with specific Pokemon or specific cut and dried Smogon movesets then do a normal run-by entering the Scramble thread and asking for a challange you agree to put yourself at everyone's mercy.

Jon Eod isn't even the worst offender of this (he knows who he is). I'm just unloading because tbh too many rejections tends to strangle the thread and drives away the experienced guys like Treadshot who were both willing to dish out hard challanges AND take their medicine when someone hit them.

I plan to expand on this in the Scramble Challange group later.

That's a perfectly reasonable challange. In my view it's medium since it would be a lot harder with move and level restrictions.

I guess I just get annoyed with people whose rules are too overarching. If you wanted to play with specific Pokemon or specific cut and dried Smogon movesets then do a normal run-by entering the Scramble thread and asking for a challange you agree to put yourself at everyone's mercy.

Jon Eod isn't even the worst offender of this (he knows who he is). I'm just unloading because tbh too many rejections tends to strangle the thread and drives away the experienced guys like Treadshot who were both willing to dish out hard challanges AND take their medicine when someone hit them.

I plan to expand on this in the Scramble Challange group later.
I know. It's fine to put in some restrictions so you don't get ridiculous impossible shit but some people get way too selective. The spirit of the challange is that you don't get to pick. You're SUPPOSED to get stuff you would rather not do, and then figure out how to deal with it. That's the CHALLENGE in the CHALLANGE!

Yea I was being sarcastic, it didn't translate well. A question: what defines a consumable item? A held item like a berry? Or does a potion/antidote count?
Sorry if I misinterpreted anything. A consumable item just means any item that decreases in number when used (that's why the number of items is so high is because there are a LOT of consumable items). So yes, potions antidotes, berries, vitamins, Absorb bulbs, anything that disappears when used. Oh, and the item has to be used ON or BY Bloat. Using an evolution stone on a teammate doesn't count, nor does using a repel or escape rope.

Withdrawing the Sunkern since I was using it to make a political point. I owe Jon a real challange and I'll have one for him tomorrow.

Also, rant post is up in the group, take a look if you're interested.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys! Feeling kind of stuck so I want to give it a go, requesting a challange for one of 2 games (WHITE 2:CHOSEN). Not sure which one I want to do yet, so the first person to post will make the decision for me!!

1. 6 pokemon
2. Can trade.

Thanks guys!! Might do an update or two, depending on how I feel about writing it out.
Get a Mienfoo name Scout, it needs to be the first in you party at all time, and needs to U-Turn right away. It can only and has to evolve when ten Trainer pokemon fainted due U-Turn on the first turn of the battle. It has to have Regenerator. As a Mienshao feels superior, it won’t want to use attacks stronger than U-Turn. If you choose to keep it un-evolved you can use all moves. (I hope U-Turn is OK, if you don't like the last rule you can replace it with, needs to solo Iris, because it feels superior, but only if you really don't want)

jon_eod, you get Effect the Oshawott. Obviously, Oshawott may learn any move, but he may not always use them. Oshawott must always use its weakest move against enemies. Immunities do not count. This will give you your move freedom, but also forces you to plan ahead on which moves to use. It may evolve after solo'ing your rival at the Pokemon tournament. As a Dewott, it does not want to get healed anymore, except for Pokecenter. The previous restriction still applies. It also feels the need to support your team more and switch into battle anytime a team member gets beneath half health, unless conflicting with other solo's. After succesfully switching into battle for this reason in trainer battles AND knocking out the foe you switched into, Dewott may evolve into Samurott. As a Samurott, Effect believes it is strong and does not want to deal two times damage to one opponent. Previous restrictions are void. Afterwards, switch out or deal no damage to that foe. When Samurott is damaged by a super effective attack, it wants to be healed by at least 10 (consumable) items in your bag. (Or trash that amount of items). If Samurott gets hit by a not very effective attack, you must buy 10 (consumable) items. The buying must be done as soon as you get to a Pokecenter. To prove its total worth, Oshawott wants to solo Iris without you using the bag for that battle. (This is not too hard, I promise. You got super effective coverage on all her pokes, unless you wanted to use other moves, that is.) After having done so, it feels like it accomplished the impossible and is happy for its life.

GL

edit: celever, are you still doing your hgss scramble, the one with the yanma? I would love to know how you handle(d) him. If you already finished it, I would love to read the updates. If you abandoned the challange, I would really find that a shame. (If you did, a future scrambler looking for a really hard challange should already embrace himself for yanma @supersonic shenanigans.)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apparently, many users are starting to complain about rejections & stuff, so here I am reminding you guys of one of the rules in the OP — something you should have read before contributing to this thread... -.-'
Unbreakable said:
Rule #6: You can only reject a challange you were given ONLY IF it breaks your rules, or if it "Does not fit your difficulty", or if it is one of those downright stupid challanges that nobody would even consider doing, but yeah. If you get a challange you want to reject but you didn't say no to, too bad. You have to put up with it.
Honestly folks... If I have to remind you guys again... Anyhow, that Sunkern challange shinyskarmory posted I would consider to be suspect for difficulty, but yeah.

Jon_Eod, I have a challenge in mind involving two related pokemon named Moya and Pilot. They can learn any move, but there will be moves they must always have, and I'm not sure if this will violate your "no move restrictions" rule. If it doesn't, I'll give it to you.

Also, if there's anyone else needing a challenge who I haven't already given one to, let me up & you can have this one aswell.

Well time to give some of the ol' veterans something to strive for.

I'm going to play Black 2 Challenge Mode (first time CM btw) with six medium to hard scrambles from you guys. Maybe I'll keep up short updates, because I'm not that great a writer nor do I play on an emulator for pics.

So GIVME :3

Zand gaia , Get a Snivy named Suspicious, this pokemon is very suspicious and doesn’t trust you to replace its moves so it has to keep its moves from where you get them until it evolves. If it learns new moves automatically it can’t use them in battle. It also can’t learn HM’s, TM’s or Move Tutor Moves. To evolve it has to Solo the first gym. When it evolves and it trusts you to replace its moves to moves that are good on it. But it wants to have one type of moves. It can only use moves of one type that you decide when it evolves. Also it needs to have 2 support moves of that type, one Physical and one Special move ASAP. Then it needs to solo 10 trainer owned pokemon where its one type isn’t strong against. You have to keep that type always also if it soloed all those pokemon. When you did these things you can evolve it again. When it evolves into Serperior it can’t change it movepool ever again. It has to Solo through Victory Road, WITHOUT any other pokemon in your party

Very well, ZandgaiaX - You shall be the first receiver of the Moya & Pilot Challenge. I have engineered it to work for any of the main games, though it's a long 'un!

Moya is a Leviathan, a living biomechanical ship, and her Pilot is the creature symbiotically bonded to her who acts as a conduit between ship & crew. Together, they guide their ragamuffin crew through Hell and back on a daily basis...

Basic Rules:

- They can be any pokemon you choose, so long as both can be caught before your game's 4th Gym.

- However, Moya must be Female, and larger than Pilot by their final stages of evoution (if any)

- Since they're a transport, they must know 4 Utility moves (HMs, Flash, Teleport, Dig) between them ASAP, and must never fall below that number.

- When one is captured, so must the other ASAP.

- If one's HP falls into the red in battle, the other must switch in and finish the entire match.

- If one falls, the other can't fight until it is revived or replaced.

However, their journeys through the depths of space never go off withut a hitch, and during your expedition, you will encounter a few problems...

Moya's Pregnancy:

Following Moya & Pilot's first encounter with the Peacekeepers (your game's evil team), you will discover that they have managed to impregnate her. The birthing cycle of a Leviathan, however, can endanger the crew severely...

- She must divert a great deal of life support & resources towards her baby, so you may have no more than 10 healing items (including Berries, Burn Heal, etc.) in your Bag at one time. If you find an 11th, toss one of your choice.

- Should either Moya or Pilot faint, you must use (toss) all of your healing items to quickly minimise damage to them and the baby.

- To avoid endangering the baby, Moya will refuse to travel instantaneously via Starburst, so you may use no Teleporting moves (including Fly & Escape Ropes)

- These restrictions last until you defeat the game's next Gym, increase the pair's total level by 5, then take Moya to the Daycare to give birth. Hatch this Egg, and the above restrictions are lifted!
x If playing B/W2, you may instead trade over an Egg of Moya's species.
x If paying R/B/Y, you may instead trade over or capture a member of Moya's species at as low a level as possible. (eg: Lv3 Nidoran)

Talyn:

Moya's child, Talyn, has been born! Happy days!
However, since Talyn's was born part Leviathan, part Peacekeeper Gunship, he is unsure of his loyalties...

- During the next confrontation with the Peacekeepers, (next time there are loads of your evil team), Talyn's fear drives him to enter the conflict. To try talking some sense into him, Moya & Pilot must "solo" every Peacekeeper here, with no other switch-ins allowed.

- Crais (the Executive in charge of this operation), then boards Talyn, attempting to gain his trust & bond with him, so the pair must not participate in this boss fight. Also, those fighting him can't use moves with a chance of Statusing the enemy, for fear of causing permanent harm to Talyn.

Artificial Symbiosis:

Talyn has left with the enemy. Tensions are high, but the journey continues... Eventually, however, a startling secret is revealed!

Once you reach Victory Road, Pilot discovers he was actually brought on board Moya by the Peacekeepers, who killed her previous Pilot, then grafted him to Moya in artificial, painful process.
In his distress, Pilot "frees" Moya by breaking his link with her! They can bond again, but it will take time...

- From this point on, Moya & Pilot's moves must be chosen at random every second battle they're in (whether wild pokemon or trainer)

- In order to lift this restriction & rebuild their connection, they must "solo" 6 Victory Road trainers, 15 wild pokemon, and 2 Elite Four members.

- Back together, their final challenge is to defeat one postgame boss. (A postgame E4 member will suffice, a Legendary won't, unless Lv70 or higher)

I hope you have fun on this startling adventure!

I'd like to give you a challange closely resembling Gift the Yanma, only toned down, as it was superhard. So, with that in mind, I give thee Gift the Zubat. Zubat is a weak bugger and will be sure to frustrate you to death. The only damaging move it can use are those with a BP of less than 30 and it must always know and use supersonic --> confuse ray first in battle, until gift solo's a Boss (ones with an intro showing their sprite as a banner). At this point, it may evolve into a Golbat, who is less worthless and wants to always carry the eviolite around with it (giving it some respectable bulk). It may never evolve into a Crobat, it is too useless for that anyway. It still wants to lead every battle with its most beloved move supersonic --> confuse ray, but it may now also use moves upto 55 bp, excluding stab. As soon as you reach Humilau city, teach it Roost. To prove its final worth, it wants to solo any Elite Four without using any damaging moves, apart from supersonic --> confuse ray. Because I am a really nice person, this will be the fighting elite four, as you can stall them out with confusion and roost, removing your stone edge / rock slide weakness.

GL

Ps: this was meant to be one of your more difficult challanges (you want some challAnge in there, right?), but if it is still too difficult, I will be even more lenient. (not oo lenient, though)

Yes, you are allowed to hate me :)

Take Offensive the Mandibuzz. This Mandibuzz is not like its fellows, in that it wants to go on the all out attack! The only moves Offensive can use are attacking moves, with one exception. Offensive must learn and keep Taunt, so it can be... offensive... towards others. Yeah, it's not very good with synonyms, doesn't really understand that the two don't have to be related. In any case, you have to solo an E4 member with him. Good luck!

I'm going to hate you all so much, just FYI.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Well time to give some of the ol' veterans something to strive for.

I'm going to play Black 2 Challenge Mode (first time CM btw) with six medium to hard scrambles from you guys. Maybe I'll keep up short updates, because I'm not that great a writer nor do I play on an emulator for pics.

So GIVME :3

I'm going to hate you all so much, just FYI.
Zand gaia , Get a Snivy named Suspicious, this pokemon is very suspicious and doesn’t trust you to replace its moves so it has to keep its moves from where you get them until it evolves. If it learns new moves automatically it can’t use them in battle. It also can’t learn HM’s, TM’s or Move Tutor Moves. To evolve it has to Solo the first gym. When it evolves and it trusts you to replace its moves to moves that are good on it. But it wants to have one type of moves. It can only use moves of one type that you decide when it evolves. Also it needs to have 2 support moves of that type, one Physical and one Special move ASAP. Then it needs to solo 10 trainer owned pokemon where its one type isn’t strong against. You have to keep that type always also if it soloed all those pokemon. When you did these things you can evolve it again. When it evolves into Serperior it can’t change it movepool ever again. It has to Solo through Victory Road, WITHOUT any other pokemon in your party.

Also need still two Pokes for my platinum Scramble please look in my signature

i'd never actually looked into scramble before, but after checking out the thread it appears somewhat entertaining.

just two quick questions:

1. can we rng the mons?

2. can unlimited potions/revives/etc. be used, unless specifically outlawed?

either way, i'm accepting a challange.

version: platinum
trade: i can, but would prefer not to have to
difficulty: anything not overly ridiculous as this is my first scramble (medium, i suppose)
anything else: please include a starter, so i can get into it straight away

edit: playing on a retail cart. i'll attempt to take dodgey phone pics of significant events and "blog" it all up for you, somehow.

pokemon:
original post
Take Student the Chimchar. Chimchar learns how to use move. When you get him, he is only at point 50 of moves, so it can only learn moves of base 50 and lower AFTER STAB. Every Pokemon he solos will give him one more point and every time he faints he loses one point. It can only use one Status move per battle.

Few examples of moves and required points.

Scratch 40
Fury Swipes 54 (3 hit assumed)
Fire Spin 23 (Least points when lower than this, it will need to solo pokes by something like Toxic or Swagger)
Facade 70 or 140 (with Status)
Fire Blast 180
Focus Punch 225 (Highest amount of points)

original post
As for your challange, take a Tangela and name it Regenerate. This Tangela believes that it has the ability Regenerator, and as such it must be switched out whenever it falls below 1/4 health. To keep the fantasy going, you must heal it for at least 1/3 of its health (that's amount regenerator would heal) before sending it back into battle (be it the same battle or a different one). You do this because if you DON'T Regenerate goes into a fit that causes it to use nothing but Stun Spore (yes you must learn and keep Stun Spore forever) for the next 10 battles. If you catch it before it learns Stun Spore and this restriction comes into effect before Regenerate learns it, any move that does no damage can take its place, but Stun Spore must be learned ASAP.

original post
I have a lovely poke for you, named RNG the ...(any pokemon that can evolve twice) (i rng'ed 1-210 (sinnoh dex), and the first relevant number was 027=roserade, so i will be using "RNG" the budew). RNG is a fan of RNG and bases his challenges on it. You may learn a total of [1-3(1)] damaging moves, while all your moves must be off [1-4(3)] different types ASAP, and they must stay at that number. RNG may evolve for the first time at level [20-30(25)] after solo'ing [1-3(2)] gyms and evolve a second time at level [36-46(43)] after solo'ing [1-3(3)] other gym leaders. For every time RNG faints, throw away [5-20(16)] of your most expensive pokeballs, or [5-10(5)] of your most expensive items. You may heal RNG a maximum of [1-5(1)] times per battle.
RNG [may=1/may not=2[B](may)[/B]] hold items. (If yes, he must always hold an item. I don't know what game you are playing, so if it does not apply, ignore this.)

the gym leader solo challange so far:
* "RNG" the Budew/Roselia must solo a total of 4 gym leaders to completely evolve into Roserade.

Snaquaza

KACAW
i'd never actually looked into scramble before, but after checking out the thread it appears somewhat entertaining.

just two quick questions:

1. can we rng the mons?

2. can unlimited potions/revives/etc. be used, unless specifically outlawed?

either way, i'm accepting a challange.

version: platinum
trade: i can, but would prefer not to have to
difficulty: anything not overly ridiculous as this is my first scramble (medium, i suppose)
anything else: please include a starter, so i can get into it straight away

edit: playing on a retail cart. i'll attempt to take dodgey phone pics of significant events and "blog" it all up for you, somehow.
Take Student the Chimchar. Chimchar learns how to use move. When you get him, he is only at point 50 of moves, so it can only learn moves of base 50 and lower AFTER STAB. Every Pokemon he solos will give him one more point and every time he faints he loses one point. It can only use one Status move per battle.

Few examples of moves and required points.

Scratch 40
Fury Swipes 54 (3 hit assumed)
Fire Spin 23 (Least points when lower than this, it will need to solo pokes by something like Toxic or Swagger)
Facade 70 or 140 (with Status)
Fire Blast 180
Focus Punch 225 (Highest amount of points)

GL and HF

Snaquaza

KACAW
Sorry clicked on Quote button on accident, but now i need to make a post I still need challanges for my platinum, please look in my signature

Very well, ZandgaiaX - You shall be the first receiver of the Moya & Pilot Challenge. I have engineered it to work for any of the main games, though it's a long 'un!

Moya is a Leviathan, a living biomechanical ship, and her Pilot is the creature symbiotically bonded to her who acts as a conduit between ship & crew. Together, they guide their ragamuffin crew through Hell and back on a daily basis...

Basic Rules:

- They can be any pokemon you choose, so long as both can be caught before your game's 4th Gym.

- However, Moya must be Female, and larger than Pilot by their final stages of evoution (if any)

- Since they're a transport, they must know 4 Utility moves (HMs, Flash, Teleport, Dig) between them ASAP, and must never fall below that number.

- When one is captured, so must the other ASAP.

- If one's HP falls into the red in battle, the other must switch in and finish the entire match.

- If one falls, the other can't fight until it is revived or replaced.

However, their journeys through the depths of space never go off withut a hitch, and during your expedition, you will encounter a few problems...

Moya's Pregnancy:

Following Moya & Pilot's first encounter with the Peacekeepers (your game's evil team), you will discover that they have managed to impregnate her. The birthing cycle of a Leviathan, however, can endanger the crew severely...

- She must divert a great deal of life support & resources towards her baby, so you may have no more than 10 healing items (including Berries, Burn Heal, etc.) in your Bag at one time. If you find an 11th, toss one of your choice.

- Should either Moya or Pilot faint, you must use (toss) all of your healing items to quickly minimise damage to them and the baby.

- To avoid endangering the baby, Moya will refuse to travel instantaneously via Starburst, so you may use no Teleporting moves (including Fly & Escape Ropes)

- These restrictions last until you defeat the game's next Gym, increase the pair's total level by 5, then take Moya to the Daycare to give birth. Hatch this Egg, and the above restrictions are lifted!
x If playing B/W2, you may instead trade over an Egg of Moya's species.
x If paying R/B/Y, you may instead trade over or capture a member of Moya's species at as low a level as possible. (eg: Lv3 Nidoran)

Talyn:

Moya's child, Talyn, has been born! Happy days!
However, since Talyn's was born part Leviathan, part Peacekeeper Gunship, he is unsure of his loyalties...

- During the next confrontation with the Peacekeepers, (next time there are loads of your evil team), Talyn's fear drives him to enter the conflict. To try talking some sense into him, Moya & Pilot must "solo" every Peacekeeper here, with no other switch-ins allowed.

- Crais (the Executive in charge of this operation), then boards Talyn, attempting to gain his trust & bond with him, so the pair must not participate in this boss fight. Also, those fighting him can't use moves with a chance of Statusing the enemy, for fear of causing permanent harm to Talyn.

Artificial Symbiosis:

Talyn has left with the enemy. Tensions are high, but the journey continues... Eventually, however, a startling secret is revealed!

Once you reach Victory Road, Pilot discovers he was actually brought on board Moya by the Peacekeepers, who killed her previous Pilot, then grafted him to Moya in artificial, painful process.
In his distress, Pilot "frees" Moya by breaking his link with her! They can bond again, but it will take time...

- From this point on, Moya & Pilot's moves must be chosen at random every second battle they're in (whether wild pokemon or trainer)

- In order to lift this restriction & rebuild their connection, they must "solo" 6 Victory Road trainers, 15 wild pokemon, and 2 Elite Four members.

- Back together, their final challenge is to defeat one postgame boss. (A postgame E4 member will suffice, a Legendary won't, unless Lv70 or higher)

I hope you have fun on this startling adventure!

Also, anyone else who wants this challenge, (mew420, Dodgerr, etc.) including Snaquaza if you don't mind another challenge from me, can take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)