The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

Bull of Heaven

The Old Gateau? That would be interesting.

I think Cyclohm/prevos would have to be at Mt. Coronet, and maybe Victory Road. I like the suggestion of Breezi at Valley Windworks, but if you want wild Fidgit too, maybe that tunnel the guy is digging to the Solaceon Ruins (where you find Hippopotas). Or, again, Victory Road.

As for Mollux: Moor of Icirrus anyone?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Problem with doing this for CAPs is that they all have stupid high BSTs and so it's almost impossible to put them early-game in good conscience

That said, I wouldn't feel bad about throwing Nohface in the Old Chateau. Also pyroak definitely gets the grass outside Fuego Ironworks. And Rev can't appear until post-E4 IMO—probably a rare encounter in Snowpoint Temple.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just include prevos because I can't remember all their names lol
Syclant - Route 207, Acuity Lakefront
Revenankh - Sendoff Spring, Turnback Cave
Pyroak - Fuego Ironworks, Route 227
Fidgit - Valley Windworks, Route 228
Stratagem - Mt. Coronet
Arghonaut - Route 222 (Fish), Route 213 (Fish), Sunyshore City (Fish)
Kitsunoh - Lost Tower
Cyclohm - Route 226 (
Colossoil - Route 223 (Surf), Route 230 (Surf), Route 228, Victory Road
Krilowatt - Canalave City (Fish), Route 218 (Fish)
Voodoom - Old Chateau

Syclant - Giant Chasm
Revenankh - Relic Castle
Pyroak - Route 218
Fidgit - Challenger's Cave, Twist Mountain
Stratagem - Chargestone Cave, Dragonspiral Tower
Arghonaut - Seaside Cave (Walking+Fish), Route 21 (Fish)
Kitsunoh - Unavailable in wild
Cyclohm - Dragonspiral Tower (summer grass only)
Colossoil - Driftveil City (Surf), Clay Tunnel
Krilowatt - Virbank City (Fish)
Voodoom - Strange House
Tomohawk - Reversal Mountain (Grass), Victory Road
Necturna - Lostlorn Forest, Route 10
Mollux - Route 8, Moor of Icirrus
Aurumoth - Abundant Shrine

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
icepick, the best of both worlds!

I suppose I can post this now that the polls are over.

Rotom3GS: Exactly! I can't post sprites of Dracoyoshi8's snake ahead of time without suffering consequences, but I can for the concept that didn't make it. (Edit: And the sprite thread is up now. :P)

Uh Draco won.
Tomohawk: Desert Resort
Necturna: Celestial Tower grass outside
Mollux: Reversal Mountain, White 2 exclusive
Aurumoth: Abundant Shrine
Voodoom: Strange House
Stratagem: Chargestone Cave
Snakemon: Lostlorn Forest, Hidden Grotto, Grass

[*]Pokemon Cries. This is unlikely to become an official project for a long time to come, but if you have a microphone, there's nothing to stop you screeching into it until either you get bored or the men in white coats trundle round with a van and a straitjacket. Either way, we'll get to hear your interpretation of what you think the CAPs' cries should be.
Time to get a microphone! :D

In terms of "more intelligent" comments, though, I think a Dark/Electric Pokemon would be an interesting thing to see; aside from the design, especially if it had Levitate as an ability, it would only have two weaknesses (Fighting and Bug), eight normal-damaging types, and five resistances, something that could allow for versatility.

Psychic/Dark would be another type combination I'd like to see, although for more personal reasons (a 4x weakness to Bug, albeit the only weakness, wouldn't exactly be the best thing to have).

/me cries
Ah, sorry. By two votes, too! Just 2 people needed to change their minds (a tie would still go to Snakey)... /me pets Yilx

If you want, imagine DY8's design with a Pineapple on its tale instead. That would be awesome.

Anyway. Tomohawk would be Desert Resort for sure, though Reversal Mountain (outside) or even Twist Mountain would be cool.

Revanankh would certainly be Relic Castle, mainly because I feel he should be in the same place as Cafagrigus due to being somewhat similar concepts

Rebble and Bolderdash seem like they would be the Geodude and Graveler of Sinnoh, but to a lesser scale. Mt. Coronet is a definite along with Victory Road, Iron Island is a maybe, and so is Oreburgh Mine.
Privatyke and Arghonaut... pirate-y Pokemon belong at the coast! Route 213 and 222 suit them well. And Arghonaut would definitely be found in Victory Road 2F.
Nohface is a spooky ghost, so Lost Tower immediately comes to mind. Old Chateau could work too.
Monohm and Duclohm. Two cloudy dragons. They'd like cloudy, wide-open spaces. For Monohm, Route 210 Celestic Side - and for Duclohm, Mt. Coronet Summit and Route 224.

I'll post my thoughts on the remainder of the Gen IV CAPmon later.

With Revanahk being in Gen IV as well, I think he would show up in a later place - either deep Mt. Coronet, a standing encounter deep in the Solacean Ruins, or maybe the desert area wayyyy later in the Battle Zone.

Nothing really screams Revanakh in Gen IV.

Here's what I think for CAP locations:
  • Syclar: Giant Chasm
  • Syclant: Giant Chasm (rustling grass)
  • Revenankh: Relic Castle (lower floors)
  • Embirch: Pinwheel Forest
  • Flarelm: Reversal Mountain
  • Breezi: Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge (flying shadows)
  • Rebble: Wellspring Cave
  • Boulderdash: Twist Mountain
  • Stratagem: Victory Road (dust clouds)
  • Privatyke: Undella Bay and Route 17 (fishing)
  • Arghonaut: Undella Bay and Route 17 (fishing in rippling water)
  • Nohface: Celestial Tower
  • Kitsunoh: Celestial Tower (higher levels)
  • Monohm: Dragonspiral Tower (outside and inside)
  • Duclohm: Dragonspiral Tower (inside higher levels)
  • Colosshale: Route 4
  • Krilowatt: Virbank City and Route 4 (fishing)
  • Voodoll and Voodoom: Strange House
  • Scratchet: Desert Resort
  • Necturine: Abundant Shrine (rustling grass)
  • Mollux: Castelia Sewers (rippling water)
  • Cupra: Route 18 and the Dreamyard
  • Argalis: Twist Mountain and Victory Road (dust clouds)
  • AppleSnakeMon: Route 13
Man, I love making long lists.

Most of the 'mons I mention are pre-evos. If no one remembers Scratchet (Tomohawk's pre-evo), look here, because it's hard to find otherwise. For the others, visit the Pre-Evolution Workshop. If a CAP isn't there, then you need to evolve its pre-evo to get it.

good god cartoons I forgot you did those *tears of joy*

though I would like to know what happened with the backsprite. It's like the mon graffito'd all over the screen!

An interesting development concerning locations, we've mostly centered on Sinnoh and Unova.

But what about the other three regions? We can definitely get some knowledge out of that, I think. :)

I'll put down my two cents. I think Revanahk would be in the Pokémon Tower in Kanto, along with the Pokémon Mansion, along with Victory Road. In Johto, it would appear in the new Safari Zone along with the Dark Cave side where you can find Wobbuffet. In Hoenn, definitely in the desert in Route 111 and in Victory Road again.

The main reason everyone's focusing on Sinnoh and Unova is that those are the generations these Pokemon belong to. I doubt that these CAPs would be found there.

Colloshale: A big, submarine whale belongs in the ocean. As such, Routes 219, 220, and 223 are perfect for the big guy.
Protowatt: This one is a little tricky, seeing as its current evolution method is leveling it up in Undella Bay. Alternatives could be Route 218, Route 213, or Sunyshore City. Personally, I'm in favor of the latter area - but it could be found in the wild anywhere by the ocean.
Voodoll: There aren't very many spooky places in Sinnoh, but there is one that fits Voodoll pretty well - the Old Chateau. It'd most likely be pretty rare there.

I think CAP 5 (whether Malaconda or Snidewinder) should be a Legendary Pokemon! Yay! Anyway, what I was REALLY trying to say is if it WAS a Legendary, I would like this to be the legend behind it.

When Arceus created the universe, CAP 5 was one of its most trusted assistants. Giratina, at this time, simply did its job and was peaceful. However, CAP 5 convinced Giratina that Arceus wanted all the glory and credit and would not give any to Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina. Giratina was enraged and attacked Arceus, but Arceus banished him to the Distortion World, and, realizing what had happened, cast CAP 5 down to Earth cursing it to forever carry a poisoned fruit to teach all what a horrible Pokemon it was.

The main reason everyone's focusing on Sinnoh and Unova is that those are the generations these Pokemon belong to. I doubt that these CAPs would be found there.

Colloshale: A big, submarine whale belongs in the ocean. As such, Routes 219, 220, and 223 are perfect for the big guy.
Protowatt: This one is a little tricky, seeing as its current evolution method is leveling it up in Undella Bay. Alternatives could be Route 218, Route 213, or Sunyshore City. Personally, I'm in favor of the latter area - but it could be found in the wild anywhere by the ocean.
Voodoll: There aren't very many spooky places in Sinnoh, but there is one that fits Voodoll pretty well - the Old Chateau. It'd most likely be pretty rare there.
Remember though, Kanto and Sinnoh are both accessible in Gen IV.

I think CAP 5 (whether Malaconda or Snidewinder) should be a Legendary Pokemon! Yay! Anyway, what I was REALLY trying to say is if it WAS a Legendary, I would like this to be the legend behind it.

When Arceus created the universe, CAP 5 was one of its most trusted assistants. Giratina, at this time, simply did its job and was peaceful. However, CAP 5 convinced Giratina that Arceus wanted all the glory and credit and would not give any to Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina. Giratina was enraged and attacked Arceus, but Arceus banished him to the Distortion World, and, realizing what had happened, cast CAP 5 down to Earth cursing it to forever carry a poisoned fruit to teach all what a horrible Pokemon it was.
That sounds like a great background story! Maybe he should be less of a legendary and more of a "servant," however, since we're trying to shift away from the idea that all CAPs are OP.

Sounds like Giratina. :)

Hmm... CAP's in other regions, well I guess I could start with Breezi and Fidgit. They're my favorites, after all.
Breezi:
  • Kanto: Mt. Moon, or the Cycling Road.
  • Johto: Whirl Islands
  • Hoenn: ...maybe Meteor Falls?

Would this potentially be the proper place for a cap fanfic, because i accidently wrote one (i swear it was an accident i was really trying to ref)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)