Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In my opinion, we need to clarify the rule of "minimodding" better.

I won't point any fingers at names, but a lot of the PS Staff disagree about the rule of minimodding. We all know that it is obviously against the rules to say "mute him, ban him, kick him, etc", and for obvious reasons.

BUT the needed clarification part is whether or not you may correct someone, by telling them that they are breaking a rule, what rule they are breaking and explaining the consequnces. Here is my experience with minimodding as a rule, and how it has confused me a lot.

I am a user of voiced rank on PS, and I used to think that it was fine to say "[username], please dont break this and this rule", but then a moderator (again, I won't point fingers) PMed me explaining that I was minimodding by telling other users the rules. I of course obeyed, and put myself in the mindset, that I should just not interfere with other users breaking rules.

Though here today, someone asks a different member of the staff, that then goes on tell the chat that it is fine to correct people that are rule breaking. This staff member even encouraged us voices to write !rules if someone broke them.

I hope that the PS Staff will get together and discuss the true meaning of the rule "minimodding", and possibly find a happy medium, because it would help many users like me to understand what we may and may not do.

~Lagalaga
That's the problem really is we all disagree, atm rule of thumb should be don't threaten something you can't carry out, imo reminding users of rules is fine but i know of others who for whatever reason despise it. i also dislike the !rules idea whenever somebody dislikes rules because now 4 voices will have good intentions of !rules and it'll just spam the chat, tbh that's why i dislike all !commands but whatever not time or place. i think a happy medium is if you want to remind users of rules do it in PM, we can't tell you to stop there and you aren't calling the user out.

That's the problem really is we all disagree, atm rule of thumb should be don't threaten something you can't carry out, imo reminding users of rules is fine but i know of others who for whatever reason despise it. i also dislike the !rules idea whenever somebody dislikes rules because now 4 voices will have good intentions of !rules and it'll just spam the chat, tbh that's why i dislike all !commands but whatever not time or place. i think a happy medium is if you want to remind users of rules do it in PM, we can't tell you to stop there and you aren't calling the user out.
This is basically the rule to follow in the main chat and the one that the staff generally agrees upon. I don't mind if people let them no in PM (though I feel this wouldn't be helpful in most cases anyway.)

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Don't know if it was already suggested, but could be possible to implement an "ignore opponent" or "ignore everyone" button like PO does? It would be useful against unpolite, unmannered guys that love to behave stupidly and insult you and your parents or whatever.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't know if it was already suggested, but could be possible to implement an "ignore opponent" or "ignore everyone" button like PO does? It would be useful against unpolite, unmannered guys that love to behave stupidly and insult you and your parents or whatever.
There's a /ignore feature for individual users, if someone in particular is bothering you. However, I don't believe there's a way to set PS to ignore all battle chat.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to have a button to reactivate apd functions? They're hilarious and I want to have the retarded sprites and yo momma jokes back.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a really random request, but are you planning to ever implement the new BW2 Therian and Kyurem forms with their specific cries? For example, the Therians all have separate cries from their Incarnate forms, and the Kyurem forms also have a different one from the normal Kyurem as well. It's not THAT big of a deal, I'm just wondering if you ever thought about implementing this, if it's possible to have different cries for a Pokemon that's "technically" the same.

Hello, my suggestions would be these

1. Optional or Show/Hide rating: not everyone is competitive when they battle and to judge a person skill by rating when everyone has the option to choose any pokemon with any item and evolite shouldn't say much about how much they know about battling.

2. Friends List with separate PM, there is A LOT of people who wish to challenge a certain person again, but never knows when he is on, or if he ever changes his name, so In my opinion this Option here should be a necessary

last one (and I know this is asking much)

Custom Sprites, yea I know but i think it would be a good idea, not everyone wants to be a avatar from the video games, or probably can't find a sprite to match he/she personality.

This is what I personality think should be added, I hope you at least take it for consideration

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The ability to minimize chat windows in the Lobby would be appreciated so one can challenge people to battles even when they have multiple chats going on.

I love how you guys are always trying to make Pokemon Showdown better, but I am not a fan of the new percentage system.

Hello, my suggestions would be these

1. Optional or Show/Hide rating: not everyone is competitive when they battle and to judge a person skill by rating when everyone has the option to choose any pokemon with any item and evolite shouldn't say much about how much they know about battling.
What does the rating show instead then?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The new percentage system was created to further simulate cartridge conditions, I think. However it gets out of hand sometimes.
For example, hail and sandstorm do fixed damage: 6.25%. The simulator, however, displays somewhere between 2 percentages. I think that for these fixed damages the old percentage system should be used; displaying the exact percentage.

Could there be an option to order the list of teams in the teambuilder?

Being able to order the list by name or tier would make it a lot easier to find/edit a team when you've got upwards of 20 different teams ect.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure how feasible this is but it was a good rule in the VGC's: You cannot nickname a Pokemon the same name as an existing Pokemon. If that could be an added feature it would be helpful.

It just makes logs and rereading a bit easier. I saw a BP team that switched Espeon/Umbreon and it was really annoying.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
So the switch today to the new way of showing rounding is badbadbad.. Is it possible to swing it back [the visual/text damage that is sent to the screen] to the way it was a few weeks ago? It's just harder to read now and a contains a lot more information for next to no reason.

For eg: My opponent sends out Torkoal into 3 layers of spikes.
2-3 weeks ago, it would say, and show that the Torkoal is at 50%
Before the most recent update, it would say something like 52% or 48% depending on rounding..
And today in a battle, it said 48.4% - 51.9% ... Is that really necessary? Is it possible to set it back to displaying the whole percentage. I'd rather have an exact estimate than a range, you know?

Things just don't look as neat or as tidy as they used to: http://puu.sh/2xdEx , http://puu.sh/2xdGg , [leftovers cant even decide on a range]: http://puu.sh/2xdK9 vs http://puu.sh/2xdIB , etc, etc
Just the simple things

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure how feasible this is but it was a good rule in the VGC's: You cannot nickname a Pokemon the same name as an existing Pokemon. If that could be an added feature it would be helpful.

It just makes logs and rereading a bit easier. I saw a BP team that switched Espeon/Umbreon and it was really annoying.
Showdown aims to simulate the cartridge games as much as possible and, since it is possible to name your Pokemon as others in the real games, it'd be silly to not allow in on Showdown. Instead there should always be brackets after the nickname in the logs for easier re-reading imo.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
/ignore [username] ignores an individual user (PMs too)
/lobbychat off will freeze the chat, and you wont receive any main chat messages

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Showdown aims to simulate the cartridge games as much as possible and, since it is possible to name your Pokemon as others in the real games, it'd be silly to not allow in on Showdown. Instead there should always be brackets after the nickname in the logs for easier re-reading imo.
Errr, not quite. for example we allow names to be longer than they can be on cartridge. I'm not sure on policy regarding naming pokemon after other pokemon though.

The timer system is a bit flawed. My opponent leaves the room so I click on the timer. He returns to the room when there are only five seconds remaining (idk if he did this on purpose) as I think of the next move to make. 5 seconds later, I lose the battle due to inactivity...(Didn't think that would happen)

To make it more fair, when the inactive player returns, the timer should restart for both players so everyone has enough time to think.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
It's actually a rule in VGC that bans this kind of nicknaming, though.

That's why he asked for it to be implemented. Because it's a rule.

The timer system is a bit flawed. My opponent leaves the room so I click on the timer. He returns to the room when there are only five seconds remaining (idk if he did this on purpose) as I think of the next move to make. 5 seconds later, I lose the battle due to inactivity...(Didn't think that would happen)

To make it more fair, when the inactive player returns, the timer should restart for both players so everyone has enough time to think.
Also, if the timer is started during the match and then one quits, then he loses because of inactivity. But if the timer is off and the opponent leaves, when you turn the timer on it starts a cooldown of 60 sec to make your decision (!?)...I don't exactly know what will happen but it says "player 1 has X sec remaining" and I think I'm going to lose and leave the room too :/

Also, if the timer is started during the match and then one quits, then he loses because of inactivity. But if the timer is off and the opponent leaves, when you turn the timer on it starts a cooldown of 60 sec to make your decision (!?)...I don't exactly know what will happen but it says "player 1 has X sec remaining" and I think I'm going to lose and leave the room too :/
As long as your opponent doesn't return, you'll get the win :>

Music Suggestion

I don't know if this has ever been suggested but I know there are others who agree with me. While the music in the battles is a trivial thing when compared to battle mechanics and site functions, I think it would be really cool to see other battle tracks from various Pokemon games available (either randomly or by selection). For me personally, the current music adds to the overall experience and is a Showdown feature that I very much appreciate (I stopped playing it on Firefox when the music stopped working-it just wasn't the same). I'm guessing the current songs are just midi files so while I'm not very knowledgeable about coding, I feel like they wouldn't be too difficult to add in? Thank you to all who manage the site and are already working hard on lots of other things; I know there's a lot going into this project already so I just wanted to show my support and also put in my two cents.

Okay can someone please hear me out. I am a fairly active player in hackmons and bh ranking #4(hackmons) and #2(bh). There is an issue with the tier bh concerning the use of rapid spin scrappy. Unfortunately this tactic is so OP in bh unlike it is in hackmons simply because there is no way to block a scrappy spinner in bh. I am advocating for the ability scrappy to please be taken off the bh ladder. I feel obviously people should have access to rapid spin but not to a rapid spin thats unblockable. Feel free to respond. Thanks!

I've already talked to the guys at the IRC, but just to make my suggestion official, a small redesign to the battle interface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)