Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving a Machop for snaquaza.

"We're gonna have fun with this thang!" -Riggs

EDIT: snaquaza, I'd like to continue the tradition I've started with giving Pathfinder-themed Pokemon. As such...

Take Valeros the Machop.

Valeros is living a simple life when you first find him, about to settle down in Andoran with marriage to a local farmer's daughter. Valeros cannot use any attacking moves until he is Level 12. You must catch him before this point. Also, he must be male because flavor. When he reaches Level 12, however, Valeros discovers that life isn't all about being simple - it's about ADVENTURE. Once Valeros hits Level 12, he must learn all physical attacking moves ASAP. Yes, this means using your hard-earned TMs on him when you can to get him those four moves. All four of these moves must be either Normal or Fighting typed.Originally, Valeros only has his trusty longsword, but when he hits Level 20, his maximum level as a Fighter, he learns a few new tricks...such as being a Dirty Fighter, and the use of Alchemist's Fire. Once Valeros hits Level 20, he must replace one of his attacking moves of your choice with a nonattacking move. You may also replace a move of your choice, at any time, with a Fire attack of your choice. However, Valeros likes life the way it is, and doesn't want it to change. That is, until he finds a fellow believer in the way of the sword. OPTIONAL: Valeros must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Machoke. He may never evolve into Machamp. Finally, Valeros learns that the Runelords are rising once more, and he must combat this threat by taking down one of them, a rider of dragons, trusting the rest of his old adventuring parties to take down the remaining ones... Regardless of whether he soloes Chuck or not, Valeros must solo Clair.

IN SUMMARY:
-Valeros cannot use any attacking moves until he is Level 12. You must catch him before this point. Also, he must be male because flavor.
-Once Valeros hits Level 12, he must learn all physical attacking moves ASAP. Yes, this means using your hard-earned TMs on him when you can to get him those four moves. All four of these moves must be either Normal or Fighting typed.
-Once Valeros hits Level 20, he must replace one of his attacking moves of your choice with a nonattacking move. You may also replace a move of your choice, at any time, with a Fire attack of your choice.
-OPTIONAL: Valeros must solo Chuck in order to evolve to Machoke. He may never evolve into Machamp.
-Regardless of whether he soloes Chuck or not, Valeros must solo Clair.

gl;hf
Should be possible easily, can only catch machop at level 14, but otherwise, accepted

Edit: btw, i had some luck with my turtwig, it is MODEST

already have 4 reserves and 1 pokemon so still looking for 1 person who wants to give a challange

also can someone say how i can put a link in a word, now i have to put entire links in my sig

Alright, I'm going to post a scramble compendium because I have too many scrambles in my signature.
Waiting for challanges:
On the go:

Cancelled:
Black
Original Post-Update 1-Update 2- Accidentally deleted save data
Ruby
Original post- Just didn't like my challenges that much
Platinum
Original Post- Forgot about it
SoulSilver
Original Post-Update 1- Deleted save data without thinking :(
Finished:
Emerald
Original post-Update 1-Update 2-Update 3-Final
Fire Red
Original Post-Beaten the e4, never updated. Really had fun with this though

Last edited:
@Celever: Too late bro

(The storyline for this challange is taken from a SoulSilver Nuzlocke that I was GOING to post on Nuzlocke.com but the run collapsed too quickly for me to do that. I might reuse this plotline and start a new Nuzlocke when my Black 2 and White runs are played through and I finish writing Ruby)

Snaquaza, take a Cyndaquil, and name her Flower, because she's so pretty and innocent <3

I might as well warn you about this now: Flower has SEEN SOME SHIT.
Team Rocket, having turned Kanto's government into a puppet show over the course of several years, has began a rather sinister pokemon research program, with the code name of Cipher. Their goal is simple; to find a way to break the sanity and/or minds of pokemon so as to destroy their good nature, thus weaponizing them. Nature has already shown this to be possible; Pupitar and Zweilous, for example, cannot evolve into their destructive and violent final forms until they have completely or almost completely lost their sanity, and myths speak of a time when even Dialga, the lord of time, went utterly mad.

Of course, in order to conduct their experiments, they needed a few things. Wide open space far away from prying eyes, a supply of pokemon to put under various stresses until they reach their breaking point, and some way of restraining the pokemon without using poke balls since Poke Balls tend to have a moderating effect on pokemon-pushing them towards the middle of a spectrum bordered on one end with complete happiness and on the other end with implacable rage. They found all of those things in a site near the Kanto-Johto border, where a few tribes of somewhat civilized pokemon were currently living. Since the discovery of pokemon civilizations would have made things rather awkward for trainers and the entire society as a whole, they really had no problem assaulting the camps with armed grunts, imprisoning all the smaller pokemon, killing the pokemon they couldn't enslave, and collecting all the eggs to be raised in captivity.

The facility was quickly built using prefabricated parts rather similar to the ones used in the construction of the most infamous Cipher lab later discovered in Orre. In the facility was sleeping space for the restrained pokemon, a hatchery for the eggs they had found, and some "experimental" space.

Flower's parents were slain in the initial attack, and the egg containing Flower hatched inside the facility. She was initially trained in the school of hard knocks in an attempt to find an as-yet uncorrupted pokemon to give to Giovanni's grandson, but in her last test against her rival for all of the training, she failed. And I quote:

Giovanni said:
I'd like to test two things right now. Cyndaquil's courage, and Totodile's self-control. Luckily, we can do both at once.

Totodile, open your mouth wide. Cyndaquil, put your head inside his mouth and hold it there until either he eats you or I get tired of watching. We'll see which one of you is stronger.
Understandably, Flower didn't do very well. Totodile was packed up in a Poke Ball and mailed to Giovanni's grandson, and Flower endured a emotionally scarring punishment (for her at least) involving a garden hose before being set to work like the rest of the pokemon. It was Cipher's goal to test all kinds of stress, so some pokemon were physically stressed by growing stuff in the field surrounding the facility, others were psychologically or physically tortured (this was later found to be the best method), and second form pokemon were used for breeding a second generation of pokemon before they were promptly slaughtered upon reaching their final form.

Yeah, not a very nurturing environment.

When you meet Flower in a park near your home, she's rather terrified, beaten up, and wearing these strange restraining devices which you promptly remove with a set of bolt cutters.

<restrictions are underlined>

Through your rather handwavy pokemon translation device, Flower reveals various tidbits of her story to you one at a time; the most important one is that she was set free by a Shaymin undergoing his rite of passage and wants to find him, since he remained behind in the facility to complete his becoming a Skymin.

Modern Shaymin are rather like the mormons of the pokemon world; in order to become an adult Shaymin with the wings that made them banned from pokemon competition, you have to go down into the world of things that aren't nice and loving to each other all the time and make a difference in someone's life. Unfortunately, this Shaymin did not immediately gain his wings after assisting Flower in crawling under an electric fence because it's not entirely clear whether that actually made a difference in her life or not yet.

Flower wants to look for Shaymin, and you agree to help her. However, while you're putting some meat on her bones by feeding her you discover that she has a few issues. A plant called Fireweed is chewed upon by most fire types because it contains enzymes that allow them to construct hydrocarbons to burn for their attacks without requiring infeasible amounts of energy or utterly destroying the laws of thermodynamics. Cipher, of course, didn't actually allow their captives to consume any Fireweed for obvious reasons, so Flower needs to consume Fireweed in order to build up a supply in her body. Flower's fire moves work on an ammo system; she starts with 0 Fireweed points and gains 1 for each time she defeats a grass type. Each Fire type move as well as Smokescreen costs 1 point to use. On top of that, Flower recognizes your rival's Totodile because it's the same one from the above backstory; Flower is not allowed to participate in battles against your rival except for the first one where you don't have access to other pokemon.

But that's not all. Flower suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from her time in Cipher's facility, and this manifests as both nightmares that leave Flower thrashing uncontrollably as if in pain and flashbacks that trigger spontaneously and have similar effects. If Flower is struck by a Water type move or is put to sleep by any means, she enters a flashback, forcing her to use randomly chosen moves for the next hour IRL.

Obviously, Team Rocket has a vested interest in getting Flower back, since she's living, breathing evidence of their illegal experiments. You MAY USE Flower against Team Rocket, but if she faints in a battle against a Rocket Member you must return to your last save point.

After you reach Azalea Town, Flower may evolve into Quilava at any time of your choosing. All previous restrictions still apply. However, by evolving she requires more Fireweed to power herself; once Flower evolves all Fire type moves have a cost of (move's base power)/10. Smokescreen still costs 1. Flower's emotional trauma and stunted growth prevents her from ever evolving into Typhlosion, however.

I may add more to this challange later. Right now, I need to post to make sure I don't get ninja'd. I will tell you when I am done editing this.

(this was more the kind of challange I was asking for for my run: forces you to play the game in a different way while still forcing you to make choices-you can either not evolve Cyndaquil and keep the costs at 1 per move, evolve her and spam low power Fire moves, or evolve her and use high power Fire moves every now and then to make sure you're at full power when you need it most)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Celever: Too late bro

(The storyline for this challange is taken from a SoulSilver Nuzlocke that I was GOING to post on Nuzlocke.com but the run collapsed too quickly for me to do that. I might reuse this plotline and start a new Nuzlocke when my Black 2 and White runs are played through and I finish writing Ruby)

Snaquaza, take a Cyndaquil, and name her Flower, because she's so pretty and innocent <3

I might as well warn you about this now: Flower has SEEN SOME SHIT.
Team Rocket, having turned Kanto's government into a puppet show over the course of several years, has began a rather sinister pokemon research program, with the code name of Cipher. Their goal is simple; to find a way to break the sanity and/or minds of pokemon so as to destroy their good nature, thus weaponizing them. Nature has already shown this to be possible; Pupitar and Zweilous, for example, cannot evolve into their destructive and violent final forms until they have completely or almost completely lost their sanity, and myths speak of a time when even Dialga, the lord of time, went utterly mad.

Of course, in order to conduct their experiments, they needed a few things. Wide open space far away from prying eyes, a supply of pokemon to put under various stresses until they reach their breaking point, and some way of restraining the pokemon without using poke balls since Poke Balls tend to have a moderating effect on pokemon-pushing them towards the middle of a spectrum bordered on one end with complete happiness and on the other end with implacable rage. They found all of those things in a site near the Kanto-Johto border, where a few tribes of somewhat civilized pokemon were currently living. Since the discovery of pokemon civilizations would have made things rather awkward for trainers and the entire society as a whole, they really had no problem assaulting the camps with armed grunts, imprisoning all the smaller pokemon, killing the pokemon they couldn't enslave, and collecting all the eggs to be raised in captivity.

The facility was quickly built using prefabricated parts rather similar to the ones used in the construction of the most infamous Cipher lab later discovered in Orre. In the facility was sleeping space for the restrained pokemon, a hatchery for the eggs they had found, and some "experimental" space.

Flower's parents were slain in the initial attack, and the egg containing Flower hatched inside the facility. She was initially trained in the school of hard knocks in an attempt to find an as-yet uncorrupted pokemon to give to Giovanni's grandson, but in her last test against her rival for all of the training, she failed. And I quote:

Understandably, Flower didn't do very well. Totodile was packed up in a Poke Ball and mailed to Giovanni's grandson, and Flower endured a emotionally scarring punishment (for her at least) involving a garden hose before being set to work like the rest of the pokemon. It was Cipher's goal to test all kinds of stress, so some pokemon were physically stressed by growing stuff in the field surrounding the facility, others were psychologically or physically tortured (this was later found to be the best method), and second form pokemon were used for breeding a second generation of pokemon before they were promptly slaughtered upon reaching their final form.

Yeah, not a very nurturing environment.

When you meet Flower in a park near your home, she's rather terrified, beaten up, and wearing these strange restraining devices which you promptly remove with a set of bolt cutters.

<restrictions are underlined>

Through your rather handwavy pokemon translation device, Flower reveals various tidbits of her story to you one at a time; the most important one is that she was set free by a Shaymin undergoing his rite of passage and wants to find him, since he remained behind in the facility to complete his becoming a Skymin.

Modern Shaymin are rather like the mormons of the pokemon world; in order to become an adult Shaymin with the wings that made them banned from pokemon competition, you have to go down into the world of things that aren't nice and loving to each other all the time and make a difference in someone's life. Unfortunately, this Shaymin did not immediately gain his wings after assisting Flower in crawling under an electric fence because it's not entirely clear whether that actually made a difference in her life or not yet.

Flower wants to look for Shaymin, and you agree to help her. However, while you're putting some meat on her bones by feeding her you discover that she has a few issues. A plant called Fireweed is chewed upon by most fire types because it contains enzymes that allow them to construct hydrocarbons to burn for their attacks without requiring infeasible amounts of energy or utterly destroying the laws of thermodynamics. Cipher, of course, didn't actually allow their captives to consume any Fireweed for obvious reasons, so Flower needs to consume Fireweed in order to build up a supply in her body. Flower's fire moves work on an ammo system; she starts with 0 Fireweed points and gains 1 for each time she defeats a grass type. Each Fire type move as well as Smokescreen costs 1 point to use. On top of that, Flower recognizes your rival's Totodile because it's the same one from the above backstory; Flower is not allowed to participate in battles against your rival except for the first one where you don't have access to other pokemon.

But that's not all. Flower suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from her time in Cipher's facility, and this manifests as both nightmares that leave Flower thrashing uncontrollably as if in pain and flashbacks that trigger spontaneously and have similar effects. If Flower is struck by a Water type move or is put to sleep by any means, she enters a flashback, forcing her to use randomly chosen moves for the next hour IRL.

Obviously, Team Rocket has a vested interest in getting Flower back, since she's living, breathing evidence of their illegal experiments. You MAY USE Flower against Team Rocket, but if she faints in a battle against a Rocket Member you must return to your last save point.

After you reach Azalea Town, Flower may evolve into Quilava at any time of your choosing. All previous restrictions still apply. However, by evolving she requires more Fireweed to power herself; once Flower evolves all Fire type moves have a cost of (move's base power)/10. Smokescreen still costs 1. Flower's emotional trauma and stunted growth prevents her from ever evolving into Typhlosion, however.

I may add more to this challange later. Right now, I need to post to make sure I don't get ninja'd. I will tell you when I am done editing this.

(this was more the kind of challange I was asking for for my run: forces you to play the game in a different way while still forcing you to make choices-you can either not evolve Cyndaquil and keep the costs at 1 per move, evolve her and spam low power Fire moves, or evolve her and use high power Fire moves every now and then to make sure you're at full power when you need it most)
thnx and accepted, I can at least start and do the first part now

Edit: i will evolve it and just keep grinding in that forest with many oddish and paras

Edit2: How about eruption.
Is it always 15 points or is it like Green health: 15 points, Orange health 8 points and Red health 3 points

Let's give that reserved Shuckle.

Snaquaza, since I'm evil, I'll let Team Rocket's Jessie and James give this!

Here comes trouble.
Make it double!
We'll make you chuckle
Take a Shuckle!

Name it Taunted.
Cuz that's the way we want it.
Don't use steroids.
Those are not for the good boys.

And if you ever get the notion
That you want to use a Potion
Or any healing item, or Revive
Don't, drugs won't keep you alive

Now you know just how we feel
Solo Jasmine-her type is Steel.
Next up is the Elite Four
Won't this seem like a chore?

Pick one at random, including Lance.
Solo that person---take a chance.
Then you are done in Johto.
But once you get into Kanto...

Since your Shuckle now rocks,
Go ahead and solo Brock
And Misty, Koga, and Sabrina as well.
This should be fun for a spell.

Then solo Erika too
And Lt. Surge, Blaine, and Blue.
Now that you've been taught a lesson,
Maybe your restrictions will now lessen!

Or maybe not---so roll a dice
Roll a 1 or a 2, and you'll pay the price.
Including Lance, solo the entire Elite Four.
Now won't this seem like a chore?

But if you do not win,
Release your Shuckle, and catch him again.
Train him up, once more
To a level one less than you had before.

But when you try, try again,
If you are never able to win,
Restart your game and try again.

If you roll a 3 or a 4,
Your restrictions don't change---what a bore.
But if you roll any other number,
You shall be saved from all blunders.
Remove your Taunt.
Isn't that what you want?
But regardless of what happens with the dice,
You'll still have to pay a price.

On top of Mt. Silver is Red.
He will kill you even if you're already dead.
Go at him with Shuckle
Make him chuckle
Then solo Red
Then he'll be dead.

But, as we had said before,
If you fail, release, recatch, train, and try once more.
With your level one less than that before.

And again, if you can never win,
Take a Shuckle. Name it Taunted. It is always under the effects of Taunt. It can never use a healing item, X-Item, or vitamin. Solo Jasmine, and a random member of the Elite Four, Lance included.

Then in Kanto, SOLO EVERY GYM LEADER. Yes, EVERY SINGLE ONE. And on the first encounter as well, no rematches.

Then roll a dice.

If you get a 1 or a 2, solo the Elite Four, including Lance. If you fail, release your Shuckle, catch another one, and train it up so that its level is one less than the Shuckle you used before, until you get to Level 1. (NOTE: use the daycare) Once you fail level 1, restart your game.

If you roll a 3 or a 4 nothing changes.

Roll a 5 or a 6 and you get to remove the Taunt.

Regardless, solo Red. If you fail, release your Shuckle, catch another one, and train it up so that its level is one less than the Shuckle you used before, until you get to Level 1. (NOTE: use the daycare) Once you fail level 1, restart your game.

If this is too hard, I can change some of the restrictions.

i just wanted to say that this was extremely hilarious to me
especially since a lot of my family is mormon

Snaquaza

KACAW
Let's give that reserved Shuckle.

Snaquaza, since I'm evil, I'll let Team Rocket's Jessie and James give this!

Here comes trouble.
Make it double!
We'll make you chuckle
Take a Shuckle!

Name it Taunted.
Cuz that's the way we want it.
Don't use steroids.
Those are not for the good boys.

And if you ever get the notion
That you want to use a Potion
Or any healing item, or Revive
Don't, drugs won't keep you alive

Now you know just how we feel
Solo Jasmine-her type is Steel.
Next up is the Elite Four
Won't this seem like a chore?

Pick one at random, including Lance.
Solo that person---take a chance.
Then you are done in Johto.
But once you get into Kanto...

Since your Shuckle now rocks,
Go ahead and solo Brock
And Misty, Koga, and Sabrina as well.
This should be fun for a spell.

Then solo Erika too
And Lt. Surge, Blaine, and Blue.
Now that you've been taught a lesson,
Maybe your restrictions will now lessen!

Or maybe not---so roll a dice
Roll a 1 or a 2, and you'll pay the price.
Including Lance, solo the entire Elite Four.
Now won't this seem like a chore?

But if you do not win,
Release your Shuckle, and catch him again.
Train him up, once more
To a level one less than you had before.

But when you try, try again,
If you are never able to win,

If you roll a 3 or a 4,
Your restrictions don't change---what a bore.
But if you roll any other number,
You shall be saved from all blunders.
Remove your Taunt.
Isn't that what you want?
But regardless of what happens with the dice,
You'll still have to pay a price.

On top of Mt. Silver is Red.
He will kill you even if you're already dead.
Go at him with Shuckle
Make him chuckle
Then solo Red
Then he'll be dead.

But, as we had said before,
If you fail, release, recatch, train, and try once more.
With your level one less than that before.

And again, if you can never win,
Take a Shuckle. Name it Taunted. It is always under the effects of Taunt. It can never use a healing item, X-Item, or vitamin. Solo Jasmine, and a random member of the Elite Four, Lance included.

Then in Kanto, SOLO EVERY GYM LEADER. Yes, EVERY SINGLE ONE. And on the first encounter as well, no rematches.

Then roll a dice.

If you get a 1 or a 2, solo the Elite Four, including Lance. If you fail, release your Shuckle, catch another one, and train it up so that its level is one less than the Shuckle you used before, until you get to Level 1. (NOTE: use the daycare) Once you fail level 1, restart your game.

If you roll a 3 or a 4 nothing changes.

Roll a 5 or a 6 and you get to remove the Taunt.

Regardless, solo Red. If you fail, release your Shuckle, catch another one, and train it up so that its level is one less than the Shuckle you used before, until you get to Level 1. (NOTE: use the daycare) Once you fail level 1, restart your game.

If this is too hard, I can change some of the restrictions.
Wow, accepted, this will be hard, will think about its possibility

I will probably use
Shuckle
Rest
Gyro Ball/Earthquake
Wrap/Toxic
Encore/Sleep Talk

Oh this thing will be grinded a lot

i just wanted to say that this was extremely hilarious to me
especially since a lot of my family is mormon
Hilariously wrong or hilariously right?

(hopefully right)

Snaquaza

KACAW
AOPSUser just calculated this
Level 50 Shuckle against level 35 Steelix
0 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 12-16 (9.23 - 12.3%) -- 9HKO at best (I use Dig)
Otherway around
0 Atk Steelix Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 26-32 (20.47 - 25.19%) -- possible 5HKO
Now same but at level 100
0 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 44-52 (33.84 - 40%) -- 27.81% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Steelix Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 14-18 (5.73 - 7.37%) -- 9HKO at best
But that thing has screech and i thibk she might hae a hyper potion

But... I guess it is possible?

AOPSUser just calculated this
Level 50 Shuckle against level 35 Steelix
0 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 12-16 (9.23 - 12.3%) -- 9HKO at best (I use Dig)
Otherway around
0 Atk Steelix Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 26-32 (20.47 - 25.19%) -- possible 5HKO
Now same but at level 100
0 Atk Shuckle Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Steelix: 44-52 (33.84 - 40%) -- 27.81% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Steelix Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shuckle: 14-18 (5.73 - 7.37%) -- 9HKO at best
But that thing has screech and i thibk she might hae a hyper potion
THAT CHALLENGE IS SUICIDE

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
lol, nice chickening out there skarm :P.

Anyway, snaquaza, take deaf the yanma.
Deaf used to be a lively, hearing yanma who loved to cause mischief. Every night Deaf would fly around town breaking all of the windows with its supersonic attack. However, one night everything went wrong, traumatizing Deaf forever.

Cue flashback!

The mayor of the city was tired of Yanma, so he got some guitarists to make him Deaf.

End flashback!

Anyway, that means that Yanma must come in and destroy any electric types you see, since guitariats always use them (and they're not in this game). What city did he love causing trouble around you ask? Well, it's a city with lots of windows for him to smash, so it is of course Goldenrod! And the mayor of the city? Whitney of course. Deaf seeks revenge on Whitney, so he must solo her. However he doesn't want Whitney to think that he can only solo her thanks to a load of levels he grinded. No, you must catch yanma and solo Whitney with yanma in that exact same level. At the exact same form. The only levels he may gain between you capturing him are against the mayor's phonies, that gym trainers.
Since Yanma is deaf, he cannot use any sound based moves. You know, moves like supersonic or sonicboom, the moves that make him usable early-game.

I don't have any more material right now, but you can always tell me to make it harder.

Snaquaza

KACAW
lol, nice chickening out there skarm :P.

Anyway, snaquaza, take deaf the yanma.
Deaf used to be a lively, hearing yanma who loved to cause mischief. Every night Deaf would fly around town breaking all of the windows with its supersonic attack. However, one night everything went wrong, traumatizing Deaf forever.

Cue flashback!

The mayor of the city was tired of Yanma, so he got some guitarists to make him Deaf.

End flashback!

Anyway, that means that Yanma must come in and destroy any electric types you see, since guitariats always use them (and they're not in this game). What city did he love causing trouble around you ask? Well, it's a city with lots of windows for him to smash, so it is of course Goldenrod! And the mayor of the city? Whitney of course. Deaf seeks revenge on Whitney, so he must solo her. However he doesn't want Whitney to think that he can only solo her thanks to a load of levels he grinded. No, you must catch yanma and solo Whitney with yanma in that exact same level. At the exact same form. The only levels he may gain between you capturing him are against the mayor's phonies, that gym trainers.
Since Yanma is deaf, he cannot use any sound based moves. You know, moves like supersonic or sonicboom, the moves that make him usable early-game.

I don't have any more material right now, but you can always tell me to make it harder.
Accepted

Edit: if someone wants a challange i have 4 big story challanges now, Zubat, Magnemite, Meditite and Yamask, would love to give them away

btw. i can use sonic boom, look to the list of sound based moves
Move Type Cat.
Bug Buzz Bug Special
Chatter Flying Special
Echoed Voice Normal Special
GrassWhistle Grass Status
Growl Normal Status
Heal Bell* Normal Status
Hyper Voice Normal Special
Metal Sound Steel Status
Perish Song Normal Status
Relic Song Normal Special
Roar Normal Status
Round Normal Special
Screech Normal Status
Shadow Panic* Shadow Status
Sing Normal Status
Snarl Dark Special
Snore Normal Special
Supersonic Normal Status
Uproar Normal Special

Snaquaza

KACAW
o.o Snaquaza, didn't know you wanted your challenges this soon, you said in 1-2 weeks. Anyway, will give mine ASAP.
No, i would start then probably as i didnt think i would get challanges this fast and tuesday till friday i will go to engalnd with school :)

Edit: For your RNG challange you could add the MAX base power of its moves

Thanks for the input, Sanquaza. Anyway, here is your short , but hopefully difficult challenge:

Catch a Ledyba called Fatigue. It has a syndrome that drains its energy. It can a. never evolve b. never be abnormal, so it can only use normal type moves. c. only battle against trainers (battling wild pokemon also will drain its energy sooooooo much). d. never use any items (so tiring), except for in-battle use. (no rare candies, calcium, etc.). To be clear: it can only gain exp from knocking out trainer owned pokemon. (no exp. share, etc.). e. never hold items (so heavy, ugh). f. In case you were thinking about rebattling trainers, Fatigue does not do this. Fighting them once was tiring enough as it is.

You force it to solo a gym leader, and it gets even more useless. It will switch out upon being hit twice in one battle or falling below half health, and when it does, it uses 20% (quantity) of your healing items inside your bag every time this happens(trashes them). (=potions / revives / max elixers etc. again NO calcium / rare candies etc.)

You also force it to solo an elite four the first time you face them, and you force it to stay in, so no switching out. Then, because you think it is so useless, you force it to solo a different elite four the second time around, still with the same restrictions. You bastard!

Upon completing this challange, Fatigue gets deadly tired, and cannot leave the first spot of your team anymore. It must stay in the first slot and must always stay alive. (no faint-abusing).

GL

Ps: if this is too easy, just tell me. ^^

Snaquaza

KACAW
Thanks for the input, Sanquaza. Anyway, here is your short , but hopefully difficult challenge:

Catch a Ledyba called Fatigue. It has a syndrome that drains its energy. It can a. never evolve b. never be abnormal, so it can only use normal type moves. c. only battle against trainers (battling wild pokemon also will drain its energy sooooooo much). d. never use any items (so tiring), except for in-battle use. (no rare candies, calcium, etc.). To be clear: it can only gain exp from knocking out trainer owned pokemon. (no exp. share, etc.). e. never hold items (so heavy, ugh). f. In case you were thinking about rebattling trainers, Fatigue does not do this. Fighting them once was tiring enough as it is.

You force it to solo a gym leader, and it gets even more useless. It will switch out upon being hit twice in one battle or falling below half health, and when it does, it uses 20% (quantity) of your healing items inside your bag every time this happens(trashes them). (=potions / revives / max elixers etc. again NO calcium / rare candies etc.)

You also force it to solo an elite four the first time you face them, and you force it to stay in, so no switching out. Then, because you think it is so useless, you force it to solo a different elite four the second time around, still with the same restrictions. You bastard!

Upon completing this challange, Fatigue gets deadly tired, and cannot leave the first spot of your team anymore. It must stay in the first slot and must always stay alive. (no faint-abusing).

GL

Ps: if this is too easy, just tell me. ^^
It is good, accepted, however, it is nothing compared to that shuckle challenge, do i have to solo Lance too as it will otherwise conflict with shuckle

Edit: Just saw this thing will be ANOTHER supersonic spamming mon, together with Comet Punch, Tackle and Safeguard

Also my 75th post in less than a week

o.o That Shuckle is plain time consuming and I tried to give you the mon with the shittiest defence ever. Try living a hit with that thing, especially as you cannot grind. :) Also, yes, Elite four includes Lance, so have your pick :) 'Elite Four' sounds so much better than 'Pokémon League representatives'. Oh and supersonic is there because I am nice, and because I think that it levels itself out. Golbat has better defenses and eviolite, while this thing has shitty defence and... swift?

But if you want a bit harder, just scratch all non damaging normal moves, as supporting is soooo tiring (which leaves you with comet punch, swift and double-edge). Either way, GL

@Snaquaza

Hoping you still have room for one for pokemon. How does a Ditto sound? It's only requirement is that it must be the highest level pokemon on your team at all times.

It can be tied with another pokemon.

If you don't want Ditto, I can come up with something else. Ditto is one of those "on the fence" pokemon that can be considered breaking Rule #2.

Snaquaza

KACAW
@Snaquaza

Hoping you still have room for one for pokemon. How does a Ditto sound? It's only requirement is that it must be the highest level pokemon on your team at all times.

It can be tied with another pokemon.

If you don't want Ditto, I can come up with something else. Ditto is one of those "on the fence" pokemon that can be considered breaking Rule #2.
It's OK, and with my team this should be hard enough as i need to grind shuckle at gym 6 to level 75, but still accepted

BTW have still some reservations so no need now

Screw it, I'm going to take a diamond scramble with the same rules as Skarms too,
Skarms Post here
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4653250&postcount=8557
Do your worst :) (No zubat) :)
Also, No fully evolved pokemon can have a Bst of more than 500

Pokemon
Yoga the Meditite
Take Yoga the Meditite.

Backstory:
This is a lonely Meditite. A few years ago it lived happily in a big community, however, one night a horrible thing happened. The day before was a regular day. They needed to do much training for the mind, like everyday, but that night was totally irregular. That night there was a disaster. At sunset there was a group of Absol running across. Shortly after that clouds came up. It started raining. Harder and harder. Eventually it started to thunder. The whole group fled, including this Meditite. However, when running across a cliff, this poor Meditite fell. It was a big fall, luckily he used Meditate just in time and as everyone knows, Meditite can levitate when using meditate. This saved him. In the wall of the cliff he found a cave. He walked deep into that cave. How deeper he came, how saver he felt. Eventually he walked into a big room. That was his home for a while.
Here he continued training. He wanted to get the ability to telepath. So he trained his mind days after days. He didn’t need to go out, as Meditite doesn’t need to eat much.
During his training he grew stronger and stronger. He learned many new techniques. On a certain day, he learned how to summon mysterious powers from deep inside his body. He tried using it and he saw that the walls crumbled when being hit by the attack. He decided to try to find an other exit from the cave. However, that didn’t work. He couldn’t find an exit. Due this he became frustrated, very frustrated. He just punched holes in the wall all around him. He was uncontrollably for a few hours. Then he used Calm Mind and Meditate, due this he calmed down. Due knowledge of these moves he practised them and he became a less wild. Due his newfound power, he could continue his search to an exit. Eventually after days he found an exit, however, many trainers walked through. He hided himself. Most trainers walked right across him, but one trainer saw him. That trainer was you. You saw that he was looking tired and you wanted to help, but the Meditite fled. You ran after him. You tried to catch him, but every time you had only three tries as Meditite kept fleeing. Eventually you caught him and you looked forward to using such a strong willed Pokemon.

Catching Rules:
1. Must be catched in a cave, less than three tiles from the exit and standing against a wall. (Obvious)
2. Must have a Hidden Power SE against Rock. (Destroying the wall)
3. Battle can last three turns at maximum. (Fleeing)

Adventure:
The first thing you found out about this Meditite was that it was very strong willed. It was determined to reach its goal to be able to telepath. Due this he wants to get as much experience as he can and he won’t give up. He also wants to fit in his team, so his team has to be disciplined, however from the inside he is still insecure and he doesn’t feel like the other Pokemon like it. He doesn’t need much food so it can’t use items. The only item it wants to eat is Max Revive as it is the only item that is large enough to have enough food in a while and is useful. As this Meditite is (as shown before) short-tempered, he becomes frustrated if the battle isn’t over yet after three turns and it needs to calm down first. Although his first goal is to learn telepathy, he also searches his friends. He looks in every cave you come across. After the thunderstorm that parted him from his friends, he is very afraid of them. So it wants to prevent them from coming by summoning Sun, because of this he also likes Fire types and dislikes Electric types. As this Pokemon constantly needs to keep his focus, you help him by letting him help by all major battles. After some time he learns telepathy for a little bit. He can communicate with people and Pokemon that are not more than 10 metres away. This isn’t much, but slowly this number increases. After some time he hears a voice. However, that voice wasn’t understandable. It was weak and quiet, but few days after the first day, he heard the voice again, this time a little bit better, but he still couldn’t understand him. The last time he heard the voice was just before the Elite Four…

Usage Rules:
1. Can never switch out. (Experience and not giving up.)
2. Must use either Calm Mind or Meditate two times whenever he is more than three turns in the battle. This repeats every three turns after the last time done. (Frustration)
3. Can only use the item Max Revive and it can’t be healed by the PC or at the Pokemon Centre.
4. No member of the team can be healed if Yoga fainted. (Telepathy for compassion, discipline)
5. Must know Sunny Day and has to use it at the start of every battle. (Scare away thunderstorms.)
6. Must solo every cave. (Searching his friends.)
7. Must solo every Electric-Type. (Disliking them)
8. Can never fight Fire-Types. (Like)
9. Must be send in against every Gym Leader. (Focus) (Not if it is fainted, so if you have to solo one, Yoga must be fainted.)
10. Can’t share Experience with more than one Pokemon. (Dislike)
11. If you have a black out, no Pokemon can ever be healed on any way. (Close Loop Hole, Disappointed)

Epilogue:
The voice said: “That night… That night was horrible… It was the worst night… Of my short… Short life… You may have… Have thought you were unlucky... Unlucky… No you… You were… Were the lucky one… Just… A few minutes… Minutes after you… You fell… We discovered… a Wurmple… It was a weak… Weak and we… We could easily defeat it… Defeat it, if… If we weren’t… Weren’t weakened by that… That stupid… Stupid thunderstorm… He defeated us… And we went… Went to the… The afterlife… We were happy… Happy there… But then… Then we heard… We heard that… You were… Searching for… For us… But I can’t… Can’t stay here… Here for long… My time here… Here is up… Bye… Hope to… To see you again…”.
That was what it said. Now Yoga knew where his friends were. After long thinking, he decided that he would go after his friends. In a honourable way. He decided that he would die against that Wurmple. After a long fight to search the Wurmple, he found him.
Then he got into fight against the Wurmple, that he could easily win if he wanted to, he lost and died. You gave him a last goodbye and you saw the scary smile on his face. You knew he would be happier there.

Ending Rules:
1. Solo the way to a place where you can find Wurmple. (Place his friends died.)
2. Let him faint against a Wurmple of at least 50 levels lower than it, without getting any damage beforehand. (Honourable death.)
3. Release Yoga. (Be together with his friends.)

Burnme the Burmy
Burmy misread it's name as "burn me" at a young age (that's his name btw) and as such has become a bit of an arsonist! You have to catch the first female Burmy you see, and if the Burmy you capture has hidden power fire then he's happy. No restrictions and you are a lucky mofo.
If, however, he does not have fire for it's hidden power, then read on, well, you can only read on if you accept the challenge first. No turning back, and no peeking.
I'm watching you to see if you look!!!

Ok, you accepted this challenge. BIG MISTAKE. BIG FRICKIN' MISTAKE.
You must solo every un-solo'd gym leader. If you don't solo one first try then he hates you and you may not gain any experience until the next gym LEADER who he must solo. Not only that, but if you end up a grass or steel form wormadam then you start crying and must battle every water type, and also may only battle every other route.
If you end up a sand wormadam then you can only battle against trainers.

Snaquaza

KACAW
Screw it, I'm going to take a diamond scramble with the same rules as Skarms too,
Skarms Post here
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4653250&postcount=8557
Do your worst :) (No zubat) :)
nice i reserve clock the hoothoot or Yoga the Meditite

Here is the challange, are too lazy to make one now

Take Yoga the Meditite.

Backstory:
This is a lonely Meditite. A few years ago it lived happily in a big community, however, one night a horrible thing happened. The day before was a regular day. They needed to do much training for the mind, like everyday, but that night was totally irregular. That night there was a disaster. At sunset there was a group of Absol running across. Shortly after that clouds came up. It started raining. Harder and harder. Eventually it started to thunder. The whole group fled, including this Meditite. However, when running across a cliff, this poor Meditite fell. It was a big fall, luckily he used Meditate just in time and as everyone knows, Meditite can levitate when using meditate. This saved him. In the wall of the cliff he found a cave. He walked deep into that cave. How deeper he came, how saver he felt. Eventually he walked into a big room. That was his home for a while.
Here he continued training. He wanted to get the ability to telepath. So he trained his mind days after days. He didn’t need to go out, as Meditite doesn’t need to eat much.
During his training he grew stronger and stronger. He learned many new techniques. On a certain day, he learned how to summon mysterious powers from deep inside his body. He tried using it and he saw that the walls crumbled when being hit by the attack. He decided to try to find an other exit from the cave. However, that didn’t work. He couldn’t find an exit. Due this he became frustrated, very frustrated. He just punched holes in the wall all around him. He was uncontrollably for a few hours. Then he used Calm Mind and Meditate, due this he calmed down. Due knowledge of these moves he practised them and he became a less wild. Due his newfound power, he could continue his search to an exit. Eventually after days he found an exit, however, many trainers walked through. He hided himself. Most trainers walked right across him, but one trainer saw him. That trainer was you. You saw that he was looking tired and you wanted to help, but the Meditite fled. You ran after him. You tried to catch him, but every time you had only three tries as Meditite kept fleeing. Eventually you caught him and you looked forward to using such a strong willed Pokemon.

Catching Rules:
1. Must be catched in a cave, less than three tiles from the exit and standing against a wall. (Obvious)
2. Must have a Hidden Power SE against Rock. (Destroying the wall)
3. Battle can last three turns at maximum. (Fleeing)

Adventure:
The first thing you found out about this Meditite was that it was very strong willed. It was determined to reach its goal to be able to telepath. Due this he wants to get as much experience as he can and he won’t give up. He also wants to fit in his team, so his team has to be disciplined, however from the inside he is still insecure and he doesn’t feel like the other Pokemon like it. He doesn’t need much food so it can’t use items. The only item it wants to eat is Max Revive as it is the only item that is large enough to have enough food in a while and is useful. As this Meditite is (as shown before) short-tempered, he becomes frustrated if the battle isn’t over yet after three turns and it needs to calm down first. Although his first goal is to learn telepathy, he also searches his friends. He looks in every cave you come across. After the thunderstorm that parted him from his friends, he is very afraid of them. So it wants to prevent them from coming by summoning Sun, because of this he also likes Fire types and dislikes Electric types. As this Pokemon constantly needs to keep his focus, you help him by letting him help by all major battles. After some time he learns telepathy for a little bit. He can communicate with people and Pokemon that are not more than 10 metres away. This isn’t much, but slowly this number increases. After some time he hears a voice. However, that voice wasn’t understandable. It was weak and quiet, but few days after the first day, he heard the voice again, this time a little bit better, but he still couldn’t understand him. The last time he heard the voice was just before the Elite Four…

Usage Rules:
1. Can never switch out. (Experience and not giving up.)
2. Must use either Calm Mind or Meditate two times whenever he is more than three turns in the battle. This repeats every three turns after the last time done. (Frustration)
3. Can only use the item Max Revive and it can’t be healed by the PC or at the Pokemon Centre.
4. No member of the team can be healed if Yoga fainted. (Telepathy for compassion, discipline)
5. Must know Sunny Day and has to use it at the start of every battle. (Scare away thunderstorms.)
6. Must solo every cave. (Searching his friends.)
7. Must solo every Electric-Type. (Disliking them)
8. Can never fight Fire-Types. (Like)
9. Must be send in against every Gym Leader. (Focus) (Not if it is fainted, so if you have to solo one, Yoga must be fainted.)
10. Can’t share Experience with more than one Pokemon. (Dislike)
11. If you have a black out, no Pokemon can ever be healed on any way. (Close Loop Hole, Disappointed)

Epilogue:
The voice said: “That night… That night was horrible… It was the worst night… Of my short… Short life… You may have… Have thought you were unlucky... Unlucky… No you… You were… Were the lucky one… Just… A few minutes… Minutes after you… You fell… We discovered… a Wurmple… It was a weak… Weak and we… We could easily defeat it… Defeat it, if… If we weren’t… Weren’t weakened by that… That stupid… Stupid thunderstorm… He defeated us… And we went… Went to the… The afterlife… We were happy… Happy there… But then… Then we heard… We heard that… You were… Searching for… For us… But I can’t… Can’t stay here… Here for long… My time here… Here is up… Bye… Hope to… To see you again…”.
That was what it said. Now Yoga knew where his friends were. After long thinking, he decided that he would go after his friends. In a honourable way. He decided that he would die against that Wurmple. After a long fight to search the Wurmple, he found him.
Then he got into fight against the Wurmple, that he could easily win if he wanted to, he lost and died. You gave him a last goodbye and you saw the scary smile on his face. You knew he would be happier there.

Ending Rules:
1. Solo the way to a place where you can find Wurmple. (Place his friends died.)
2. Let him faint against a Wurmple of at least 50 levels lower than it, without getting any damage beforehand. (Honourable death.)
3. Release Yoga. (Be together with his friends.)

Edit: Now there are three people doing no rules scramble, are there more brave enough to do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)