Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
To contradict Dcae's statement, the Regis are obtainable pre-e4. I actually used Regice on my final team on my first run through Sapphire.
I did not know that. I tried getting them pre E4 in Emerald but I remember I failed.

Another question: is there any faster way to level up the Join Avenue in BW2? Its taking forever for me.

I did not know that. I tried getting them pre E4 in Emerald but I remember I failed.

Another question: is there any faster way to level up the Join Avenue in BW2? Its taking forever for me.
if you look on the gts, there are lots of people trading magnemite for other magnemite - i believe it's called a "magneloop" or something? anyway, you'll get their data by trading with them, if i'm not mistaken.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
if you look on the gts, there are lots of people trading magnemite for other magnemite - i believe it's called a "magneloop" or something? anyway, you'll get their data by trading with them, if i'm not mistaken.
Thanks for the reply, I thought there should be a faster way.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
A friend is stuck on Clair on heartgold (aren't/weren't we all) and his team sucks. Balls. I've told him to grind and he said it would take ages but he'll do a bit so that's not a simple way out of it, let's see if you guy can help :)

My friends team:
Typhlosion @ Charcoal, level 53, Flamethrower - Blast Burn - Lava Plume - Rock Smash
Flaaffy @ Exp. Share, level 22, Tackle - Growl - ThunderShock - Thunderwave
Espeon @ X Attack (why the), level 32, Quick Attack - Tackle - Protect - Bite
Vileplume @ None, level 22, Acid - PoisonPOwder - Stun Spore - Sleep Powder
Ditto @ None, level 17, Transform
Gyarados @ None, Bite - Dragon Rage - Ice Fang - Twister

Yeah, so good right. Anyway, I also happen to be stuck on Clair right now, so I figure I may as well slap my team in this post (it's a bit better, hopefully) so this is my team. My friend's team takes priority though.

My team (I know I am pretty under-leveled...):
YO MAMA Jr (Jynx) level 30 @ NeverMeltIce Powder snow - Wake-up Slap - Ice punch - Fake tears

MISTY (Togetic) level 33 @ Occa berry Shadow ball - Fly - Extrasensory - Ancienctpower

MARLON (Mantine) Level 33 @ Mystic water Waterfall - Surf - Take down - Wing attack

ARMADA (Forretres) Level 34 @ BrightPowder Spikes - Bug bite - Swagger - Attract

SALAD (Vileplume) Level 33 @ Quick Claw Sleep powder - Cut - SolarBeam - Sludge bomb

CAIL (Furret) Level 33 @ Silk scarf Iron tail - Strength - Shadow claw - Surf (filler, idk where any heart scales are)

Thanks so much if you help either of us.

Edit: Well, IAR knows his opinion.

13:35 IAR fear that three fire attack typhlosion
13:35 IAR and that all-physical espeon bar protect

Suggestions, since posting is too old-fashioned xD:
13:41 IAR tell him to replace ditto with... uhhh... something that can actually consistently do well ingame
13:41 Darknesscrusher And... tell him to replace moves on typhlosion
13:42 IAR espeon needs
13:42 IAR something not named a physical move

Yeah, your friend suffers from overleveling his starter at the expense of his team and you from spreading the training five Pokemon instead of a core team of three.

We have beat her with a Lapras of us. To be fair, we had RNG and EV training, though the difference shouldn't be too big early on. You can catch one in the Union Cave at Lv20 (nature reset is optional, but recommended). It learns Ice Beam at Lv32, which is really useful, especially later on when you eventually reach that cheating bastard Lance.
When you are really cheap, Perish Song and Revive shenanigans will take out Kingra reliably, as long as Lapras survive one hit.

Another option is to raise your SDef via items or Amnesia, then your SAtk or Atk. Your friend is pretty much screwed and will have to grind a bit in order to have a legit chance against her.
Your Furret learns Amnesia at LV42, but at that rate you are better off with another Pokemon bacause Furret sucks in the long run. Forretress could setup SDef via drugs on Gyarados, but there is that Dragonair with Fire Blast which hurts it too much. Your Togechick may be the best for that.
If a bit grinding is not a problem you guys should catch yourselves a Lapras. A good alternative Pokemon besides Lapras is Quagsire (Lv36 Earthquake FTW, ), who incidentally also have access to Amnesia. Earthquake, Waterfall, Yawn and Amnesia are really good for a Pokemon that does not need HMs. It should be caught with Water Absorb and a nature that decreases either SAtk (Adamant, Relaxed) or speed (Brave, Impish). Interesting: The AI recognizes its typing, but not its ability, which makes Kingdra fire off Hydro Pump at an immune Quagsire, multiple times.

As for grinding: Trainer Rematches. We think that Fisherman at Route 42 has reasonable strong Pokemon after a few rematches. You can call him indefinitely as long as the time is right.
We don't know though if they level up pre E4.

(personally i kicked the collective ass of the johto e4 with a nidoking/queen combo not too long ago ahahaha)

in gen 1, can you still put something to sleep and have its chance of being captured go up?

(personally i kicked the collective ass of the johto e4 with a nidoking/queen combo not too long ago ahahaha)

in gen 1, can you still put something to sleep and have its chance of being captured go up?
Yes definitely. I used to using nothing BUT sleep to catch most of the Pokemon I caught in my Yellow version before I lost it.

As for your friend Celever... that is an absolutely horrid team, no wonder he's stuck on Clair with his only decent Pokemon being a Typhlosion (dat 4x fire resist). Just encourage him to pick up and train some decent Pokemon. There are easier strategies and stuff out there but seriously, the best solution is to just get a team that actually has levels.

As for you team, I'd suggest setting up Vileplume with X-Sp.Def, X-Special and enough X-Defense to survive the set up. Sleep Powder should aid with set up and you should be able to take a Fire Blast even with enough Special Defense boosts. Also, you could just train up a few levels to stand a better chance. If you're that low level there must be a lot of trainers you skipped that you could go back and battle to speed things up.

Celever

i am town
Thanks for your help guys.
Jimera, I made sure I battled every trainer and every available rematch everywhere and I'm still this under-leveled. I'm grinding right now, but almost 10 levels...
I've never really used X items, but I could give it a try. I don't have all that much money right now though...
Also lapras is really over-used lol. I never use over-used pokemon.
But it's nice to know furret learns amnesia soon, could really help.

Thanks for your help guys.
Jimera, I made sure I battled every trainer and every available rematch everywhere and I'm still this under-leveled. I'm grinding right now, but almost 10 levels...
I've never really used X items, but I could give it a try. I don't have all that much money right now though...
Also lapras is really over-used lol. I never use over-used pokemon.
But it's nice to know furret learns amnesia soon, could really help.

That's weird, I was never that underleveled for Clair... You sure you haven't missed a route or something?

Anyway, X-items aren't very expensive so you'll probably be able to afford them don't worry. You won't need more than 6 of any type for the battle remember, so it's not like you need to buy a huge number of them.

Any single Synchronizer but Espeon and Umbreon has Thunder Wave.

The Gardevoir and the Musharna line also have access to Hypnosis while Espeon and Umbreon may inherit Yawn from their father.
Gardevoir also has WoW, but we think that defeats the purpose of a Synchronizer.

And celever, we will not force a way to play on you but you should specialize on a core team. And when you do, we would not recommend Furret because it is both weak and overused (as a HM slave). Quagsire and Slowbro are much better suited for Amnesia, especially Quagsire is very underrated and does not need TMs.

Hello all

I am looking to do a Speed run of Pokemon Blue and was wondering what a decent team of 3 would be that could handle almost all of the HMs themselves. I'm not trying to post a competitive time but I want to see if I can start the game in the morning and finish before I go to bed in one day. I've been looking in the in-game tires thread but trying to find only 3 Pokemon to use. Thanks!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello all

I am looking to do a Speed run of Pokemon Blue and was wondering what a decent team of 3 would be that could handle almost all of the HMs themselves. I'm not trying to post a competitive time but I want to see if I can start the game in the morning and finish before I go to bed in one day. I've been looking in the in-game tires thread but trying to find only 3 Pokemon to use. Thanks!
Generally, Squirtle is considered the best Pokémon to do a speed-run with, given it is fairly powerful early on, & it gets access to HM's like Surf & Strength for the late-game, saving you from having to fish for one yourself. Pidgey is also useful, for its function as a Fly-Slave to save you a lot of time, especially given it is catchable at the beginning of the game (Spearow as well, iirc). Finally, you need a basic Cut Slave that you can catch early on. Something like Oddish, Paras, or Bellsprout comes to mind. Flash is non-essential, & the game can easily be beaten without it.

Hope this helps.

Some other options include Nidoking for fully evolved by Misty (although Bubblebeam weakness is something you need to watch out for). For HM Slavery, the best is to catch Spearow and trade it for Farfetch'd to cover Cut/Fly: Nidoking can cover Surf/Strength and Flash is lame.

I hope I´m right here!

I just got a Shiny Gastly (it´s a Gengar actually) and a Shiny Whooper in Crystal. And due the Shiny Ditto Glitch a Shiny Ditto. I´m trying to get some Shines via breeding, but it´s very annoying to wait and still don´t get any Shiny ._.
Then I found this:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94343

I want to try this to get some interesting Shines (and because Shines have decent IV´s)

Now my questions:
1. Is this glitch possible in Crystal?
2. How big is the chance of losing the Pokémon or losing my save? Because Crstal is my oldest save (I need this GB Adapter for the PC ;_;)
3. Is this passing IV and Stat Exp Glitch possible in German Games? I can´t find it on bulbapedia, so I have no clue.

My Silver and Gold Edition seems to have empty batteries. I would use my Shiny Ditto for this, because I can get more of them without any problem.

Thanks for every helpfull answer!
No one? :/

Celever

i am town
iirc The chances of a shiny coming out of the egg is still like a massive number.

imo you shouldn't try it. Most glitches will have danger to wipe your save data.

iirc The chances of a shiny coming out of the egg is still like a massive number.

imo you shouldn't try it. Most glitches will have danger to wipe your save data.
1:64
But since it´s annoying the breed every shiny (and since you can´t get some of them) it´s really annoying. I´m just driving around to breed Charmander - and no shiny :<
Maybe I will try it, when I changed the battery of my Gold.

Not sure if this is the place, but is there a moveset and EV spread for an Adamant Metagross that everyone agrees on? It's being used for the Tower.

This is a myth. There are only a few glitches that can muck with your save data (unless you're an idiot and save after something has clearly gone wrong) and I can't possibly imagine the shiny glitch being one of them.

I have no idea if it'll work on Crystal or on a different localization. However if I think on it I don't think that it's likely to be an issue. The key factors should be the same in all the generation II games. However I could be wrong. It's unlikely to cause you any harm attempting it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)