Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted on here in a while, but one interesting Theorymon I've just come up with is a Deoxys-S lead with Trace.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Trace
Jolly Nature
248 Speed EVs
- Spore
- Taunt/Baton Pass
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock/Baton Pass

What is the purpose of this, you ask? Well, with every Pokémon in the game having access to every ability, it can be nearly impossible to predict what your opponent is running. With Trace, you don't have to, and you can get hints at what your opponent's lead Pokémon might want to do. If it is a Prankster, you can switch to a Magic Bounce Poké or go for Magic Coat, if it is Magic Bounce then Baton Pass is a great option - you wall eachother, and as you are slightly slower (assuming they are Deoxys-S), you'll always have switch initiative. Finally, if it is a Mold Breaker, your safest bet is to go for Magic Coat.

Other things this set can deal with are Priority phasers, which it does nicely thanks to stealing their Priority for a Spore - or Baton Passing on the expected Magic Bounce switch-in. Also, you counter perfectly any strange leads such as Moody or Speed Boost set-up sweepers, and you can Baton Pass to an appropriate offensive 'mon on your team. One minor issue, however, is weather leads - obviously, this is totally ineffective against those.

Here's another one - again, slightly unusual and slightly gimmicky.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry/Mental Herb
Trait: Prankster
-Imprison
-Taunt/Spore
-Magic Coat/Spore
-Stealth Rock/Spikes

This has been suggested a few times before, and its applications should be obvious. Imprison key moves that you don't want your opponent using. Just keep in mind that Magic Bounce sets are the bane of this Deoxys-S' existence, as it technically can't set up on them. Pranksters may speed-tie with you, but if they Spore/Taunt, depending on your item, you may be able to shut them down and force them to switch anyway.

By the way, Deoxys-S is my favourite Pokémon in this meta game. So many predictions it's crazy.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Okay can someone please hear me out. I am a fairly active player in hackmons and bh ranking #4(hackmons) and #2(bh). There is an issue with the tier bh concerning the use of rapid spin scrappy. Unfortunately this tactic is so OP in bh unlike it is in hackmons simply because there is no way to block a scrappy spinner in bh. I am advocating for the ability scrappy to please be taken off the bh ladder. I feel obviously people should have access to rapid spin but not to a rapid spin thats unblockable. Feel free to respond. Thanks!
The thing is, even if you can get an unblock-able Rapid Spin in, its not necessarily as game changing as it would be in OU. If you are having trouble with it, I'd recommend using the turn it takes them to remove hazards as an opportunity to smash their spinner, or better yet set up for a sweep (especially considering how much more dangerous a free turn is in BH than any other tier).

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Okay can someone please hear me out. I am a fairly active player in hackmons and bh ranking #4(hackmons) and #2(bh). There is an issue with the tier bh concerning the use of rapid spin scrappy. Unfortunately this tactic is so OP in bh unlike it is in hackmons simply because there is no way to block a scrappy spinner in bh. I am advocating for the ability scrappy to please be taken off the bh ladder. I feel obviously people should have access to rapid spin but not to a rapid spin thats unblockable. Feel free to respond. Thanks!
Oh, so you're the one I battled earlier this evening.

Heh, well I rotate a Scrappy Spinner on my BH teams every once in a while depending on how many Pokemon on my team are weak to entry hazards. You just happened to face me the one time I did have one.

Anyways, don't complain just because your stall tactic was ruined. Scrappy isn't even that common and you shouldn't rely on entry hazards to do all the work for you, especially if you're facing an opposing stall team. When that happens, you don't want a battle that drags for 100+ turns. A little bit of offensive presence is important to take advantage of opponents who rely too much on defense.

Another gimmicky Theory-mon that, with correct prediction, can easily score you a quick and easy KO.

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
- Guard Split
- Extremespeed/Me First
- Ice Shard/Pursuit
- Psycho Boost/Pursuit

This set aims to deal with Slaking or any bulky support Pokemon that may be giving your team problems, such as a Phazer Giratina, whether it be Prankster Copycat Whirlwind or Magic Bounce Dragon Tail. The exact moveset depends on what your team is weakest to, and I'll explain how the different moves work.

For Slaking, you'll want to switch this in on a predicted Swords Dance or Belly Drum, or bring it in after a KO. Extremespeed will bring you down to your Sash, while you'll go for Guard Split. Suddenly, Slaking is no longer a defensive behemoth, and next turn, your Extremespeed (or Me First) will outspeed and KO. If you're feeling ballsy and want to predict a Giratina switch, Psycho Boost will leave a big dent, and you may be able to finish off with Ice Shard with some prior damage.

Instead, with a bulky phazer, you'll want to wait until you get phazed into Deoxys-A. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution, but when it happens prepare to wreck face. Again, you'll go straight for Guard Split to make that Giratina into a pitifully frail Ghost-type. And what do pitifully frail Ghost-types hate the most? Pursuit. Now, you may wonder why your opponent wouldn't just phaze Deoxys-A out, or just flat-out KO it if its sash is broken to hazards - however neither of these works without your opponent having explicit knowledge of your set. Prankster Giratina is outspeed by your Guard Split if it uses Copycat, making them waste a turn - the only way they win is by predicting your Guard Split and going for Whirlwind. You can then proceed to just KO with Pursuit. Magic Bounce Giratina on the other hand Dragon Tails your Deoxys-A after taking the Guard Split, KOing it assuming you lost Sash to hazards - leaving you free to switch in any other 'mon on your team with Pursuit for the revenge kill on Giratina.

Yes, it is suicidal, but it checks two of the best 'mons in BH - Slaking and Giratina, which is, in my opinion, amazing. You've just got to make sure that hazards don't ruin you - breaking your Sash allows Slaking to OHKO you, but leaving it intact means Dragon Tail will phaze you to a 'mon that won't necessarily be able to take advantage of the Guard Split.

As a few people above me have said, if you think unblockable rapid spinning is too much of threat, your team relies much too much on SR/Spikes. In a metagame with such deadly options, SR gets outclassed pretty easily IMO. Is it a good utility to run? Yes! Is a team that gets beaten by a scrappy rapid spinner a great team? No!

okay first off houndoom many ppl run stall teams and there not as easy to pull off as you think. rapid spin was never meant to be unblockable; even in regular hackmons it is not unblockable. there are many strategies surrounding stall teams, some implementing very sagacious ideas. secondly a team that relies more on hazards is not definitively bad. individuals should have the skill too predict when and where to pull off a rapid spin, not just get a free one off.

Scrappy Rapid Spin really is not all that good. It is in no way ban-worthy, and your team is kinda bad if you find that it screws you over. The best Rapid Spin Pokés are any that can put a big dent in Giratina, such as Dialga with Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Rapid Spin and filler. There's no need to waste an ability and a moveslot just to guarantee your spin when you can 2HKO the overwhelmingly most common spin blocker in the meta.

As for fixing your team so that you aren't desperately dependant on hazards, which is a really bad thing because spinning is so easy, just run one or two offensive or pivot 'mons. That way, you can take advantage of the turn your opponent takes using Rapid Spin rather than try to desperately block it, which may not work out for you. Try to KO the spinner before you go too mad with Spikes and Stealth Rocks.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Aeroblast
Substitute
Spore
Tail Glow
^ Above set is walled by any Unaware 'mon and looses to Whirlwind. However, it is certainly pretty powerful, with Flying STAB being great against everything sans Steel-types - however, you should expect to see at least one on the enemy team, so don't be too surprised if you find yourself walled frequently.

Scrappy Rapid Spin really is not all that good. It is in no way ban-worthy, and your team is kinda bad if you find that it screws you over.
As a few people above me have said, if you think unblockable rapid spinning is too much of threat, your team relies much too much on SR/Spikes.
As you have pointed out, it would seem as if eze2's team is too reliant on hazards. Hazard reliance is characteristic of most stall teams, and as such, it would seem as if most stall teams are fairly weak to a scrappy spinner. I think that scrappy spin is not over centralizing to the metagame, but if it is broken, this will be because it makes stall teams unviable by easily getting rid of their bread and butter, entry hazards. Addressing what was said earlier, it becomes difficult to slap one or two offensive pivots on a stall team, as this goes against the very nature of stall, slowly eliminating threats while gaining residual. Indeed, scrappy spinners are not overpowered except for their ability to beat stall easily.

Foresight/Rapid spin can do the exact same thing, if you have a 'mon with Suction Cups to avoid being phazed away. Oh, and Skill Swap Normalize Gengar will block even a Scrappy Spinner.

If you really hate scrappy spin that badly then you need a counter that can setup against most spinners such as Groudon (which can setup against dialga with ease although I cannot vouch for its effectivenes.)

imo, sleep clause would be really beneficial to the metagame. As imanalt said, a good team needs to have a lot of magic coat users or lum berries, which really shows how centralizing sleep is. Sleep clause being gone would allow for less restricted team building and therefore more variety. Magic coat/bounce users are only a check to sleep though, since anything could be carrying spore. If you were to switch your magic bouncer or use magic coat on something that you think might have spore, it could lead to free setup or a sub. The dangerous thing is that spore could be stuck onto any sweeper, and after setup it can easily sleep any prankster heartswap users or unaware mons that would normally beat it. I know that my stall team can't deal with setup sweepers with spore due to this.
The fact is sleep clause wouldnt remove magic bounce and magic coat. Frankly i consider them valuable primarily because they beat stall, which often doesnt employ sleep at all. The fact is a metagame in which any mon can use any status move makes status in general very powerful, which is why magic bounce and coat are used
A bit late in replying, but I'm still sticking to my argument. Yes, sleep clause won't remove magic bounce or coat. However magic coat will be a lot less useful then it was. IMO, magic coat wouldn't see any use besides maybe the lead position, because this is where your opponent is most likely setting up hazards. With sleep clause, magic coat's primary use would be reflecting entry hazards. Magic bounce obviously has uses against stall or any other team, but what about magic coat? Using magic coat solely for stall is just not worth it. Most stall teams will be worse off against other strategies, such as scrappy rapid spin, or heal bell to relieve status. In fact, magic coat is not nearly as useful against stall as heal bell, which allows you to heal status after a pokemon is afflicted. Magic coat is most commonly used as a way to deal with spore, and helping against stall is just a bonus. When you say that status in general is powerful, they are not nearly as game-changing as spore. While toxic or wow might cripple one pokemon at best, spore will essentially take that pokemon out of the game. Toxic and Wow are easily dealt with by immunities or magic guards, while spore is easier to use effectively. In fact, mold breaker spore is so hard to stop without the use of magic coat, that practically every team needs something specialized in the lead position to beat it. I think that you underestimate what spore on practically any sweeper can do. Spore will drastically improve it's sweeping potential. Let's take a look at how these sweepers are usually dealt with. Unaware or prankster heart swap. However, both of these strategies are completely rendered useless if the sweeper uses spore. Yes, magic coat or bounce might protect you from spore, but only if you see it coming. If a set-up sweeper gets a free turn, it is very unlikely that a person would switch to a magic bouncer because it would most likely be ko'd. The same goes with magic coat, because it gives sweepers a free turn. Here's an example of a set that uses spore effectively.

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Shell Smash / Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Judgement
- Aura Sphere
- Spore
The standard set-up gengar has a filler move and doesn't have any set ability that it must use. By using Prankster spore, this gengar set allows it to beat it's common counters. Prankster Rhydon, for example, is quickly put to sleep due to prankster spore and you can switch out to something that forces Rhydon out. This set also allows Gengar to beat unaware users such as Jirachi or Shuckle that don't commonly use magic coat. Even in the rare case that these pokemon due carry magic coat, they are put into a bad situation. In the case of Rhydon, using magic coat could result in a 2HKO. While Jirachi might be able to tank a few Judgements, it is extremely risky to stop using magic coat to recover, because spore could put it to sleep. In fact, I would say that even a magic coat unaware Jirachi user, would likely lose to this Gengar set, even if the person knows Gengar has spore. Risk vs reward makes it so that the Jirachi player has to take huge risks to deal with the Gengar. As most unaware Jirachi or Shuckle don't even have a move to deal with Gengar immediately, Gengar is actually very safe spamming Judgements. Lets say that the unaware user decides to take a risk and leech seed/heart swap gengar. This makes no difference however, because Gengar is still healthy and able to set-up later in the match, putting the unaware users in this bad situation once again. It is almost inevitable that these unaware pokemon will eventualy be dealt with, paving the way for another pokemon to sweep.

A bit late in replying, but I'm still sticking to my argument. I think that you underestimate what spore on practically any sweeper can do. Spore will drastically improve it's sweeping potential.
If I am not mistaken, this is why you are arguing that sleep clause or some other method of sleep control is neccessary. I strongly disagree. I think that spore is more effective at controlling sweepers than aiding in their destruction. A prankster spore coming out of nowhere threatens most sweepers quite a bit. Spore in general is much easier to deal with than you make it out to be, and running a magic bounce Pokemon with aromatherapy or heal bell is often enough to deal with those who would spread sleep. A single use of a team wide status curing move is quite the deterrent to spore a abusers, turning the turns where they had spores into a waste, but for the effort that you needed to bring in and utilize your cleric. Indeed, this becomes easier if one's opponent is spore happy, as bringing in a bouncer with aromatherapy is easy.
Here's an example of a set that uses spore effectively.

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Shell Smash / Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Judgement
- Aura Sphere
- Spore
The standard set-up gengar has a filler move and doesn't have any set ability that it must use. By using Prankster spore, this gengar set allows it to beat it's common counters. Prankster Rhydon, for example, is quickly put to sleep due to prankster spore and you can switch out to something that forces Rhydon out. This set also allows Gengar to beat unaware users such as Jirachi or Shuckle that don't commonly use magic coat. Even in the rare case that these pokemon due carry magic coat, they are put into a bad situation. In the case of Rhydon, using magic coat could result in a 2HKO. While Jirachi might be able to tank a few Judgements, it is extremely risky to stop using magic coat to recover, because spore could put it to sleep. In fact, I would say that even a magic coat unaware Jirachi user, would likely lose to this Gengar set, even if the person knows Gengar has spore. Risk vs reward makes it so that the Jirachi player has to take huge risks to deal with the Gengar. As most unaware Jirachi or Shuckle don't even have a move to deal with Gengar immediately, Gengar is actually very safe spamming Judgements. Lets say that the unaware user decides to take a risk and leech seed/heart swap gengar. This makes no difference however, because Gengar is still healthy and able to set-up later in the match, putting the unaware users in this bad situation once again. It is almost inevitable that these unaware pokemon will eventualy be dealt with, paving the way for another pokemon to sweep.
I do like the fact that this set can beat many of it's counters, such as Rhydon, however, I would not say it is broken. Those unaware Pokemon that don't carry magic coat really should, and in my experience, many already do. In your battle between Gengar and Shuckle/Jirachi, every time Gengar spores, there is a chance that it will get bounced back in its face, making spore a very risky move. This set is good, but requires tons of predictions and luck.

Despit the fact that I disagree with you, lokt, thank you for bringing this up. It is players like you who act and bring perceived brokenness into the light that make the meta a better place.

If I am not mistaken, this is why you are arguing that sleep clause or some other method of sleep control is neccessary. I strongly disagree. I think that spore is more effective at controlling sweepers than aiding in their destruction. A prankster spore coming out of nowhere threatens most sweepers quite a bit. Spore in general is much easier to deal with than you make it out to be, and running a magic bounce Pokemon with aromatherapy or heal bell is often enough to deal with those who would spread sleep. A single use of a team wide status curing move is quite the deterrent to spore a abusers, turning the turns where they had spores into a waste, but for the effort that you needed to bring in and utilize your cleric. Indeed, this becomes easier if one's opponent is spore happy, as bringing in a bouncer with aromatherapy is easy.
I do like the fact that this set can beat many of it's counters, such as Rhydon, however, I would not say it is broken. Those unaware Pokemon that don't carry magic coat really should, and in my experience, many already do. In your battle between Gengar and Shuckle/Jirachi, every time Gengar spores, there is a chance that it will get bounced back in its face, making spore a very risky move. This set is good, but requires tons of predictions and luck.

Despit the fact that I disagree with you, lokt, thank you for bringing this up. It is players like you who act and bring perceived brokenness into the light that make the meta a better place.
My main point was not that sweepers using spore are overpowered. I just used this as an example to explain and show the diversity of spore. IMO, spore can be viably used on any pokemon that is not seen as magic bounce fodder. I think that the widespread availability of spore is what makes it broken. If the opponent doesn't switch a magic bouncer in as spore is used, something is going to be slept. This is not only limted to sweepers, but also some walls and bulkier pokemon too. The fact that any pokemon might know spore is what makes it so dangerous. It is obviously impractical to use magic coat or to switch in a magic bouncer every time the opponent might use spore. Yes, heal bell can cure sleep, but it is limited and unreliable. First of all, the move has to be on a magic bouncer because so the user doesn't get slept itself. The move also only has 8PP. Secondly, once the magic bouncer has revealed heal bell, it can be kept from using heal bell with offensive pressure. When you say that spore is more dangerous to these sweepers because it can stop sweeps, this doesn't prove if sleep is broken or not. Saying that using a powerful technique can check that same technique makes the technique not broken doesn't make sense. Yes, prankster spore can stop sweeps, but doesn't this show how strong and centralizing spore is? If spore is being kept in check by spore, that doesn't make it any less broken. Second of all, the checks you mention don't deal with mold breaker spore, which imo is the most suspect-worthy and dangerous part of sleep. There are only so many options of dealing with mold breaker spore. The common ways are magic coat, lum berries, and prankster spore. However, lum berries are just unreliable and only work a few times. They also are only used on possibly 3 team members at most, so it won't last. Magic coat only works if the pokemon currently in knows the move. There are also ways to get around magic coat. It might not seem like a problem, because most people are predictable with mold breaker spore and only use it in the lead, but I'll give an example of a early-mid game set that I've been using.

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Spikes
This set is simply amazing. As you can see, this set gets pass almost every way that you would normally use to deal with mold breaker spore. Magic coat is subbed on, and at this point it is extremely easy to set up spikes or baton pass the sub. Almost every single opponent I faced using this set was able to do nothing because they couldn't deal with mold breaker spore because magic coat couldn't work through the sub.. The only opponents who was able to deal with this set used prankster curse(ghost type version), which was easily taken advantage of by forcing them out to take hazards damage and not having the health to use the move again.
Here's a replay against the standard stall team.
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons-15003742
http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons-15010180

Now about the gengar set. As said before, I don't consider a single set to be broken, but I consider the move availability of spore that makes it broken. I agree that the Jirachi/Shuckle should carry magic coat so let's assume that. Now let's look at their movesets.
-Recover
-Magic Coat
-Heart Swap/Leech Seed
-Filler
Now, most filler moves that Jirachi and Shuckle can't hurt Gengar, but only phaze it out or do minor damage. There is practically no way for these pokemon to ohko gengar with one filler move that is not specialized to beat that certain set. I'm not saying that the Gengar should be using spore, but that it should be just attacking with the threat of spore. This obviously only works when spore has been shown to the opponent already. My point is, once the opponent knows Gengar has spore, they are taking a huge risk not using magic coat. Yes, prediction goes both ways, but this only matters if Jirachi/Shuckle are able to deal with Gengar in the same manner that Gengar deals with them. So as the Gengar player, you just use judgement repeatedly. If the opponent predicts this, they might punish with a heart swap/whirlwind/leech seed. But this doesn't affect Gengar at all. As the opponent, you have to take major risks for low payoffs. For the Gengar user, you have to take minor risks(because if you guess wrong, you are still relatively healthy) and you get larger payoffs. This is why Gengar vs unaware doesn't require much luck or prediction at all. You are not using spore to attack, but as a threat to corner the unaware user. (Consider that Magic Coat on unaware users isn't common, and in this case there is no risk at all).

I think that what lokt is trying to say is that you can, essentially, just Spore the opponent's team, and use your own sweepers to take out the few Pokemon on their team that CAN oppose you.

EV

Banned deucer.
So how silly is this?

Rayquaza @ Flight Gem
Pickpocket
-Acrobatics
-Spacial Rend/Dragon Claw?/Outrage!?
-Sub
-Shift Gear/whatever/coverage

Obvi it doesn't want to steal status orbs. Could rob things of lum, eviolite, choice scarf, etc and screw them over while hopefully helping you.

Can't beat Steels without coverage, yadda yadda. Just an idea.

So how silly is this?

Rayquaza @ Flight Gem
Pickpocket
-Acrobatics
-Sub

Obvi it doesn't want to steal status orbs. Could rob things of lum, eviolite, choice scarf, etc and screw them over while hopefully helping you.

This seems like it might only be helpful in very limited situations. As you mentioned, stealing an Eviolite from a Rhydon or Chansey could potential give you an advantage, as well as stealing a Lum Berry, or even, in some situations, Leftovers (if only to remove the effect from the opponent).

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While I don't know a whole lot about Balanced Hackmons, I feel like the set would prefer to run Unburden, solely for the purpose of beating Imposters. Since Imposter does not count as a stat change and just doubles speed until switching out, it will still outspeed the likes of Scarf Blissey.

Also, Acrobatics doesn't really add anything in terms of coverage; it still can't hit Steel types for a whole lot of damage. This is something that I can't comment much on because I can't think of many Steel mons who resist both Flying and Dragon that are common in BH (but like I said, I don't play much), but I feel like Sacred Fire would be incredibly beneficial on the set.

While I don't know a whole lot about Balanced Hackmons, I feel like the set would prefer to run Unburden, solely for the purpose of beating Imposters. Since Imposter does not count as a stat change and just doubles speed until switching out, it will still outspeed the likes of Scarf Blissey.

Also, Acrobatics doesn't really add anything in terms of coverage; it still can't hit Steel types for a whole lot of damage. This is something that I can't comment much on because I can't think of many Steel mons who resist both Flying and Dragon that are common in BH (but like I said, I don't play much), but I feel like Sacred Fire would be incredibly beneficial on the set.
Wouldn't V Create be better, seeing as Rayquaza does better on the Physical side?

Maybe a Fire Gem on it to smash Steel Types coming in?

So how silly is this?

Rayquaza @ Flight Gem
Pickpocket
-Acrobatics
-Sub

You do know Pickpocket only activates when YOU are hit, right?

I've been using this set for a while now and it's been pretty effective for me (I'm not taking credit for inventing it, I fought someone with a similar set and mind of adopted it)

Palkia @Fist Plate
Naive Prankster
Dragon pulse/spacial rend
Copycat
Judgement
Spore/sub/encore/protect

This set utilized fist plate in order to have what is basically a focus blast with 100% accuracy; this in combination with a dragon move give unresisted coverage. Prankster can serve this set in several ways either offensively through giving priority to its own moves allowing it to kill would be revengers. Or by allowing it to throw any move back in its opponents face either by killing them such as hitting a gear shift rayquasa in the face with its own outrage or by turning the tables on phasers as you gain a priority phasing move. The final move can be basically anything, but spore, sub and protect are the most useful IMO as you can cripple a mon or scout their move and then slap them in the face with it.

You do know Pickpocket only activates when YOU are hit, right?
I think that's the intended point...

I've been using this set for a while now and it's been pretty effective for me (I'm not taking credit for inventing it, I fought someone with a similar set and mind of adopted it)

Palkia @Fist Plate
Naive Prankster
Dragon pulse/spacial rend
Copycat
Judgement
Spore/sub/encore/protect

This set utilized fist plate in order to have what is basically a focus blast with 100% accuracy; this in combination with a dragon move give unresisted coverage.
Fist Plate raises the base power of Fighting-type moves... yet none of Palkia's moves are Fighting-type??? Doesn't the plates' effects on Judgement only work with Arceus (unless I'm just confusing the change of effect with Multitype)?

Personally, I've been using Truant Skill Swap Mewtwo with some success. Switch in on a Contrary Sweeper/Shedinja, Skill Swap, and switch out, leaving them crippled. It's kinda gimmicky, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)