Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Alright. I'll give it a try.

Edit: Well that didn't help. Still got nothing. Did a Coin Flip check and it doesn't match the seed at all. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the guide's instructions and everything. :/
I suggest you'll recalibrate doing the RNGs again, until you'll hit somewhere within the range of your target, and eventually the target seed.

Attempting to abuse TID/SID in Diamond....
Seed: 860B13C1
Delay: 5045
Seconds: 30

When everything's plugged in to EonTimer. the first time is 61:89, while the second is 88:30. I've tried several times, but the time runs out before I reach the Red Gyarados Adventure story thing screen. Any tips?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Attempting to abuse TID/SID in Diamond....
Seed: 860B13C1
Delay: 5045
Seconds: 30

When everything's plugged in to EonTimer. the first time is 61:89, while the second is 88:30. I've tried several times, but the time runs out before I reach the Red Gyarados Adventure story thing screen. Any tips?
Through testing, I've found that if you want medium-sized character and rival names, the lowest delay you can hit is ~5500, and that's if you're fast.

I could use some help with Shiny Egg RNG abuse on Emerald. Previously, my calibration value was 30. After doing the amount of redraws I needed to do(16), I hatch the egg. I didn't expect it to be shiny, so I migrate it to HG and check it's PID in Pokecheck. However, with a calibration value of 30, the frame I hit does not exist.

I'm thinking, has my calibration value changed? If it did, is there a way to make it static or at least a consistent value?

I am attempting to TID/SID abuse to get a shiny flawless Mewtwo (HGSS). When searching for a seed, what method am I supposed to be using? Method K, stationary encounter type? I got a flawless mewtwo using that method but I am not sure if the same applies for TID/SID abuse.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Just search for a PID with the given nature & IVs you want shiny.
Whether Method 1 or K, doesn't matter... it only matters after the ID abuse, where you should be using Method K.

Then when you found a nice PID you want shiny, input it to Pandora's Box to start searching.

I finally got my desired TID/SID by jacking up the delay to around 6500...shiny hex-flawless Timid/Modest Pokemon here I come!

As a side note, is there any reliable way to RNG the Sinnoh starters? Or do I have to resort to breeding to get them?

Does saving advance the frame in HGSS? If my target frame is 16 and my initial frame is 9, how many advance do I have to do? 7 or 6?
I realised there are no synch frames for Method K on the main RNG window, even though the required lead is a synchroniser. What does this mean?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I could use some help with Shiny Egg RNG abuse on Emerald. Previously, my calibration value was 30. After doing the amount of redraws I needed to do(16), I hatch the egg. I didn't expect it to be shiny, so I migrate it to HG and check it's PID in Pokecheck. However, with a calibration value of 30, the frame I hit does not exist.

I'm thinking, has my calibration value changed? If it did, is there a way to make it static or at least a consistent value?
30 sounds ridiculously high; most people have ~18, and I had 21 as my highest.

Apparently catching Lati@s will permanently drop the calibration by 1, but I've found it also varies with other events (I don't know which).
Try finding your calibration again (this time check for ~20), and then use that. If you do all of your egg RNG in a row, your calibration shouldn't change between eggs.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Does saving advance the frame in HGSS? If my target frame is 16 and my initial frame is 9, how many advance do I have to do? 7 or 6?
I realised there are no synch frames for Method K on the main RNG window, even though the required lead is a synchroniser. What does this mean?
You need to give us more details as I can't really see what you're trying to RNG.

Nevertheless, how come your initial frame is 9? Is this because of random advancements? because otherwise I believe frames always being at 1 in Gen 4. Also, there are synch frames for method K. The frames are not bolded, but they are there.

30 sounds ridiculously high; most people have ~18, and I had 21 as my highest.

Apparently catching Lati@s will permanently drop the calibration by 1, but I've found it also varies with other events (I don't know which).
Try finding your calibration again (this time check for ~20), and then use that. If you do all of your egg RNG in a row, your calibration shouldn't change between eggs.
I will keep that in mind. Is there anything else that could change calibration besides catching the Lati@s?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I will keep that in mind. Is there anything else that could change calibration besides catching the Lati@s?
Not anything specific, just play for a few hours; it's easy to burn 10+ hours in the Battle Factory.

Side fact: You can RNG Factory Pokemon to be shiny just like you can legendaries! Just load the rental list ~0.5s before your shiny frame.

Not anything specific, just play for a few hours; it's easy to burn 10+ hours in the Battle Factory.

Side fact: You can RNG Factory Pokemon to be shiny just like you can legendaries! Just load the rental list ~0.5s before your shiny frame.
Well, I do need to get the Gold Medal in the Battle Factory, so I can do that with some purpose, heh.

And I knew that you could get Shiny Pokemon in the Factory, but I had no idea you could consistently RNG them! I may have something to do now as a pass-time.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Well, I do need to get the Gold Medal in the Battle Factory, so I can do that with some purpose, heh.

And I knew that you could get Shiny Pokemon in the Factory, but I had no idea you could consistently RNG them! I may have something to do now as a pass-time.
I wouldn't exactly call it reliable; my shiny frame is 3052 (0:50.86), and I just happened to start the Battle Factory right after loading.

The reason I say 0.5s is because the Battle Factory burns through PIDs until it finds one with the right nature, so it's still pretty unlikely to get a Shiny.

My Shiny frame is Modest, and so was the Shiny Tentacruel I got; I didn't verify the PID, and the IVs were all 21, compared to all 15 for my other Pokemon.

Anyone have an alternate link for the old PokeRNG (the one compatible with Emerald) or able to upload it? Wichu's link at the start of this thread isn't working.

hi, I´m trying to rng on my heart gold again, I´m using the eon timer, but every time I´ll want to update the timer with the delay I hit instead of my target delay, the timer always updates my calibrated delay. I don´t know If I´m doing something wrong here or where the problem lies, would be nice if someone could help me :3

Hey everyone,

For the last 3 days I've been trying to RNG on my Diamond cart a wild shiny hasty Pokemon. I've read everything I can find and I understand the process but for some reason I can never hit the delay I need. I've used RNG Reporter for looking up spreads and I've used both the latest EONTimer and ZomgTimer but neither seems to work. Here's the info:

Seed: 21080A15
Date: 01/01/2008 8:27:05
Frame: 238
Calibrated Delay: 621
Calibrated Second: 15
Target Delay: 2573
Target Second: 5

I've calibrated and 621 was an average of my times. I'm also hitting odd delays like I should since 2573 is odd. I often hit the target second but never the delay (I hit 2583 once but never again). I'd like to think there's something simple I'm missing but after three days of this I'm about to give up. Any help is appreciated!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well, calibration is not necessary as eontimer can adjust for the difference. Do you update eontimer every time you try to hit the delay?

Well, calibration is not necessary as eontimer can adjust for the difference. Do you update eontimer every time you try to hit the delay?
I did in the beginning but it was changing my calibrated delay to crazy numbers above ten thousand which would make very long and sometimes negative times so I stopped and just kept it at 621. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong... I usually check my delay by coin flips and do around 10 flips or until there is only one match (sometimes there's none so I restart and try again).

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I did in the beginning but it was changing my calibrated delay to crazy numbers above ten thousand which would make very long and sometimes negative times so I stopped and just kept it at 621. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong... I usually check my delay by coin flips and do around 10 flips or until there is only one match (sometimes there's none so I restart and try again).
That's weird, I haven't used eontimer for a while but I'm pretty sure it is not supposed to change your calibrated delay. Hmmm. Could you post screenshots? That's always helpful

I found that I had "Precision Calibration Mode" checked in settings. I unchecked this and it's no longer making crazy numbers but it always changes my calibrated delay, is it not supposed to and what is it supposed to change? Also, am I supposed to update each time with the delay I do hit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)