First RMT. Needs some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone i posted this team before but i did it wrong, so sorry about that. I have been playing with it, and really need some changes. Looking for a replacement for mew, and terrakion probably.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast

Added this guy, but it was not originally on the team. Just like mew a lot so i figured i would give it a try as a nasty plot sweeper to maybe start a match and make some dents unexpectedly. Could probably use something else that is a bit better fitting for the team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This guy takes care of a lot of problems for me like latios and has a beastly attack. pretty standard set, not really anything wrong with it IMO.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

When i can get entry hazards fully laid, it's beautiful. that doesn't happen all that often, but this thing can be pretty annoying, we all know that. Love to throw a gyro ball at much faster opponents who switch in to focus blast me.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

This guy is unreal with only one set up and is my favorite physical sweeper right now. Does a great job of killing whatever gets in it's way if i can get a set up which generally is not too hard.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Rock Polish

Never used Lando before this team and i don't know why! it's so good, and versatile. after a rock polish it can outspeed pretty much anything and it's got good coverage and so much power. loves to win me games.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

This guy... i know it should be good! but i don't use it well, and i try to set up too much at the wrong times i think. would like to find a better fit in this spot, but not really sure what to do. would love to know what you all think should go here.

That is all for now. hope you all like my team! please read and rate! this is my first post so i hope i did everything alright.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Hello there, some Psychic Pokemon in leads are not a good idea. Most Psychic Pokemon will get locked into a Pursuit. But Mew is okay to lead. Because your Mew outspeeds Tyranitar. So I am thinking you will have problems with Metagross, Krookodile, Scizor and Toxicroak. If you ever catch those Pokemon. Use your Ferrothorn and Landorus to knocking those Pokemon out first.

Since you have a Tyranitar and Scizor on your team. Therian Forme of Landorus would be a better decision.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

You say that Terrakion is giving you a hard time to use and I say that this team may have some trouble with Politoed, Rotom-Wash, Breloom, and Dragonite. I would replace Terrakion with a bulky water spinner like Tentacruel or a dragon that will outspeed Dragonite and Breloom like Latias, Latios, Salamence and Hydreigon. Abomasnow on the other hand can destroy Politoed & Rotom-W, but I don't really recommend it for this team.

First off, i would say you should run Quick Attack over Superpower on Scizor. Superpower would only help against Heatran(which half of your team already deals with it), and Quick Attack would help taking on things like Keldeo, that resists BP. Talking about Keldeo, it does seem to give your team a lot of trouble, as well as opponent's SD Scizors, so i would use Jellicent over Mew. That would also help you out spinblocking all those hazards that your team likes. Also, please run Jolly over Adamant on Terrakion, jolly helps a lot against 100 base speed things, for an example.

With your Mew pretty much doing nothing significant right now it might be a good idea to turn it into a Baton Pass Mew to throw buffs to your physical sweepers.

Mew @ Lum Berry
Synchronize, Bold Nature(+Def, -Atk)
252 HP, 188 Def, 68 Spe
1. Baton Pass
2. Swords Dance
3. Rock Polish
4. Psychic

This gives your Mew the ability to defend itself a little while preparing to set up one of your sweepers to run over the other team. A successful Baton Pass can really decide the game. I enjoy Mew+Thundurus-T on one of teams especially when I have to deal with Rain teams. This will take some time off of your set up period and add a little more unpredictability to your play style as you have a few physical sweepers who would enjoy the speed and attack boost.

Best of luck, hope this suggestion helps out :)

Ok you may not have noticed this, but you have a massive Keldeo weakness.

Scizor can't come in and try to kill it, its OHKOed by rain boosted Hydro Pump.

So I would ditch Terrakion in favor of Jellicent.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Recover
-Scald
-Toxic

Because of Water Absorb and Ghost typing, Jelly is immune to Keldeo's STABs. It also beats Terakion well. ScarfTerrakion is the most common type of Terrakion you will find, and Jelly beats it. Life Orb Terrakion, will 2HKO you, but you can Recover off damage. And use Scald for burns. Taunt is to stop hazard setters that lack Mental Herb (Mental Herb is rare since Skarmorys and Ferrothorns prefer Leftovers anyway).

Jellicent also synergizes well with Ferrothorn, immune to Fighting and has good enough Special Defense to take even powerful fire attacks, like Choice Specs Heatran's Fire Blast.

Btw your Ferrothorn set is weird. Ferro's bulk is too good good to pass up. Ditch the 252 Atk EVs and try a spread of 252 HP/88 Def/168 SpD. Gives you 352 HP, 352 Def, and 310 Sp. Defense.

Oh yeah ditch that Stealth Rock, give it to a different pokemon.

Speaking of which, I'd say either give Mew Stealth Rock, or do this

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/236 SpD/20 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish

This gives u a good lead, a Latios Check, Stealth Rocker, and some healing for your sweepers.

Hope this helped!

Hello there, some Psychic Pokemon in leads are not a good idea. Most Psychic Pokemon will get locked into a Pursuit. But Mew is okay to lead. Because your Mew outspeeds Tyranitar. So I am thinking you will have problems with Metagross, Krookodile, Scizor and Toxicroak. If you ever catch those Pokemon. Use your Ferrothorn and Landorus to knocking those Pokemon out first.

Since you have a Tyranitar and Scizor on your team. Therian Forme of Landorus would be a better decision.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

You say that Terrakion is giving you a hard time to use and I say that this team may have some trouble with Politoed, Rotom-Wash, Breloom, and Dragonite. I would replace Terrakion with a bulky water spinner like Tentacruel or a dragon that will outspeed Dragonite and Breloom like Latias, Latios, Salamence and Hydreigon. Abomasnow on the other hand can destroy Politoed & Rotom-W, but I don't really recommend it for this team.
Tory, this isn't a good set to try and beat Terrakion.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 153-183 (47.96 - 57.36%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO

Guaranteed 2HKO with Rocks up. So this Landorus Therian, is reduced to nothing, even if Terrakion got intimidated (see that -1?). Besides, when someone wants to beat Terrakion, they switch in. This Lando-T isn't guaranteed to live after 2 Stone Edges, and isn't fast enough to EQ it and OHKO.

Even if you don't switch in, Terrakion will just wreak havoc on the rest of the team.

So stephenruh, if you wanna use Landorus-Therian use this set

Landorus Therian @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP/64 Atk/244 Def
-Stealth Rock/Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

1 252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 153-180 (41.46 - 48.78%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Avoids the 2HKO from even Adamant Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edges, and OHKOs in return with EQ. Or it could start momentum with U-Turn. Steath Rock is usually a better option than gravity, however, Gravity is not to be underestimated.

About Terrakion

You could try a sub SD set, so that Terrakion can avoid status. This'll give you a good chance to sweep against stall teams.

please read the rmt rules before posting. if you expand the descriptions, send me a pm and i'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)