Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Wouldn't the Chatot method be it? lol
Yeah that's what I thought, but almost 20.000 chatters seems crazy to me. Any other options in Platinum for 20.000 Chatters?

Another question: How's that Hoenn sound working in HGSS? I want to RNG abuse a Zigzagoon there, but can I use the radio to advance the frame? And do I need to switch it to Hoenn sound after that? And will that advance the frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I found that I had "Precision Calibration Mode" checked in settings. I unchecked this and it's no longer making crazy numbers but it always changes my calibrated delay, is it not supposed to and what is it supposed to change? Also, am I supposed to update each time with the delay I do hit?
It is just supposed to change the timer at the left. And yes, you're supposed to update until you feel the difference in delays could only be a human mistake.

What's the best way for doing almost 20.000 advancements in Platinum?.. :D
I would say the diary? Is a better option. It advances the frames by 2 every time there's a "caught pokemon x" or "defeated pokemon x " message. That would cut the number by 2, but still....such a high frame.

Yeah that's what I thought, but almost 20.000 chatters seems crazy to me. Any other options in Platinum for 20.000 Chatters?

Another question: How's that Hoenn sound working in HGSS? I want to RNG abuse a Zigzagoon there, but can I use the radio to advance the frame? And do I need to switch it to Hoenn sound after that? And will that advance the frame?
You can use the radio I suppose...but I wouldn't recomment as depending on which stations you use there could be some room for inconsistency. But yes, the radio would have to be playing the Hoenn sound, which by the way, only plays certain days of the week.

I had my first venture into RNG manipulation today (Playing W2) and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this whole RNGreporter thing because the tutorial is just not getting me anywhere at all.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
A Sandshrew with an Adamant nature

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
I have absolutely no idea what this means, the tutorial is telling me to boot up the game and catch a pokemon without moving by using sweet scent and then input that pokemons IV's which I'm calculating using it's stats with the built-in IV finder thingy which always gives me atleast 6 results. The tutorial seems to assume that everyone will always get only 1 result since I can't find an answer to that problem anywhere in it.
What exactly is the time that I have to put in RNGreporter? Is it the moment I have my DS start up the game? Getting that down to the second is difficult..I've tried to synch my DSi to multiple external clocks but it always seems to be about 2 seconds off.

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says.

Again, I'm afraid I have no idea what that means.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I assume I never got that far.

I'm really at a complete loss here, I hope I'm posting this in the correct section.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I had my first venture into RNG manipulation today (Playing W2) and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this whole RNGreporter thing because the tutorial is just not getting me anywhere at all.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
A Sandshrew with an Adamant nature

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
I have absolutely no idea what this means, the tutorial is telling me to boot up the game and catch a pokemon without moving by using sweet scent and then input that pokemons IV's which I'm calculating using it's stats with the built-in IV finder thingy which always gives me atleast 6 results. The tutorial seems to assume that everyone will always get only 1 result since I can't find an answer to that problem anywhere in it.
What exactly is the time that I have to put in RNGreporter? Is it the moment I have my DS start up the game? Getting that down to the second is difficult..I've tried to synch my DSi to multiple external clocks but it always seems to be about 2 seconds off.

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says.

Again, I'm afraid I have no idea what that means.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
I assume I never got that far.

I'm really at a complete loss here, I hope I'm posting this in the correct section.
Hello dear!

I know how you feel, w2 rng is really a pain in the neck. Do you happen to have black or white? It would be so much easier for you to learn rng in those games.

Let me know, and if you don't then we have to start from the beggining with you :). Because right now you're even mixing up 4 gen rng with 5 gen, which are very, very different.

Hello dear!

I know how you feel, w2 rng is really a pain in the neck. Do you happen to have black or white? It would be so much easier for you to learn rng in those games.

Let me know, and if you don't then we have to start from the beggining with you :). Because right now you're even mixing up 4 gen rng with 5 gen, which are very, very different.
Such a warm welcome, thx ^^

I'm afraid I left my copy White back in my dorm, I don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon. :\

hi, I´m trying to rng on my heart gold again, I´m using the eon timer, but every time I´ll want to update the timer with the delay I hit instead of my target delay, the timer always updates my calibrated delay. I don´t know If I´m doing something wrong here or where the problem lies, would be nice if someone could help me :3
The reason it changes the calibrated delay is because you are now hitting that delay(the one it changed it to) via what you updated your results with. So even if you think you always hit 600, today you might be having quicker/slower reactions and thus your calibrated delay is changed. This is why calibrating is all but useless(still helpful to have a starting point in the timer) as timers will generally be able to narrow down the range you're hitting in better than you can.

I found that I had "Precision Calibration Mode" checked in settings. I unchecked this and it's no longer making crazy numbers but it always changes my calibrated delay, is it not supposed to and what is it supposed to change? Also, am I supposed to update each time with the delay I do hit?
^Read above explanation

What's the best way for doing almost 20.000 advancements in Platinum?.. :D
Journal flips are 2 each, Walking with X amount of Pokemon in your party for 128 steps advances by that many frames, trouble is you never know where your step counter is at and missing by 1 frame would be rather unfortunate at 20,000.

Such a warm welcome, thx ^^

I'm afraid I left my copy White back in my dorm, I don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon. :\
This written guide is the best place to start without cluttering up the thread with an open discussion. Read through it and if you have any questions feel free to post them here or in the 5th Generation RNG thread below this one.

I have a question about FR/LG, although it's a bit of an odd one. I had recently discovered that my 8-year old Mewtwo from my FR cartridge had near amazing IV's (29/29/31/12/23/27) and I wanted to see what seed/frame I had hit.

So, using the RNG Reporters IV to PID function, I had found that my seed was 5E8C1E93. I then put that seed into Neosyrex's FR/LG seed finder. It brings up a Seed of D833 and the frame of 481.

Now, from what I remember reading in the FR/LG RNG research thread, it advances by 60FPS like R/S/E(unless I'm wrong). That mean's I had started the game, mashed through the starting menu and "Previously on your Journey", and THEN talked to Mewtwo, all in the course of literally 8 seconds.

Now for my question, isn't this basically impossible? It takes at least 7 seconds for me to get past the starting menu in EMERALD, so it'd have to be longer in FR/LG, no? Unless the frames only start at a certain time(Perhaps after the journal entries?) rather than at the start of the game.

It's a difficult question and it's more of me asking out of curiosity rather than a how-to, but I'd appreciate any answers.

Thanks!

Okay I've been trying to RNG HeartGold using the Roamer method and I'm not getting any matches whatsoever. Is there a particular reason for this? I have all the data correct and my EONtimer is set properly so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If it helps any here's my info:

Seed: 76040523
Date: 2012 12 28
Time: 04:08 30

Okay I've been trying to RNG HeartGold using the Roamer method and I'm not getting any matches whatsoever. Is there a particular reason for this? I have all the data correct and my EONtimer is set properly so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If it helps any here's my info:

Seed: 76040523
Date: 2012 12 28
Time: 04:08 30
Do you have all the roamers roaming? Unless you have all 3, the method becomes less reliable. Have you tried using Irwin/Elm instead?

edit: also yay 200th post

Ah okay. Maybe that's my problem. BTW, what was the gift method again?
???
Ok, I read the previous page and this page
1. All gift pokemon in HGSS are Method 1 -Look at first page-post#2
2. Are you trying to hatch a dratini or receive it?
3. If your doing a Egg abuse
1. Did you save the game and recorded the roamer location before abuse?
2. Have you set the result to show adjacent frame +-20 and sec +-3?
4. If dratini gift
3. Did you choose a date/time that rollover?

Please list steps in your abuse, will make determine the problem and solution a lot quicker

@Headwing
Look in 5th gen rng help guide, its somewhere on the first page

Dratini gift:
1. Yes.
2. Uh...
3. I'm not sure what you mean by "rollover."
ignore three, when I reply I have a bad habit of posting general guideline

by #2 In the seed-to-time function, have you set you the rngreporter to show a large range above and below you delay and seconds?

please also post the roamer location when you saved and the roamer location when you try to hit your target delay

Probably been addressed before, but is it possible to RNG Latios or Raikou if they are the only two roamers wandering? Entei was caught awhile ago, but I was just curious as I'm planning on restarting anyway.

I'm assuming you knock one out, beat the E4, save before Lance, hit your seed/frame, fight Lance, etc.- the only thing being it's harder to adv. frames or identify seeds because you have only one roamer and you can't call anyone. I don't have Chatots, so I think I might just RNG the lot of them on the new file. If there's any way the process can be made any easier, if by just a modicum, please let me know. Thanks

???
Ok, I read the previous page and this page
1. All gift pokemon in HGSS are Method 1 -Look at first page-post#2
2. Are you trying to hatch a dratini or receive it?
3. If your doing a Egg abuse
4. If dratini gift
3. Did you choose a date/time that rollover?

Please list steps in your abuse, will make determine the problem and solution a lot quicker

@Headwing
Look in 5th gen rng help guide, its somewhere on the first page

Thanks for the tip, but I managed to find this on Google: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/hidden_grotto_abuse

So I managed to get Ditto to appear and now I'm trying to RNG it, but I'm having some difficulty and i'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get a Sassy nature and I'm using the following options...

Method: IV's (Standard Seed)
Encounter Type: Hidden Grotto
Nature: Sassy
Min/Max Frame: 60 - 120

It seems that every Seed I find, the Target Frame never matches the nature or IV's I want (even when I hit the seed) That mean's I'm doing something wrong in the Timefinder, anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

ignore three, when I reply I have a bad habit of posting general guideline

by #2 In the seed-to-time function, have you set you the rngreporter to show a large range above and below you delay and seconds?

please also post the roamer location when you saved and the roamer location when you try to hit your target delay
Yes I do.

Alright. Here's the Roamer's locations when I saved:
Raikou: 37
Entei: 39
Lati@s: 19

And here's what I got when I tried to hit my seed:
Raikou: 42
Entei: 45
Lati@s: 28

Also, here's the Seed to Time window if it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)