Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Just want to ask something.

Since the Manaphy Egg uses Method 1 instead of Wondercard method, does that mean I can somehow control its nature?

The reason it changes the calibrated delay is because you are now hitting that delay(the one it changed it to) via what you updated your results with. So even if you think you always hit 600, today you might be having quicker/slower reactions and thus your calibrated delay is changed. This is why calibrating is all but useless(still helpful to have a starting point in the timer) as timers will generally be able to narrow down the range you're hitting in better than you can.

^Read above explanation

Journal flips are 2 each, Walking with X amount of Pokemon in your party for 128 steps advances by that many frames, trouble is you never know where your step counter is at and missing by 1 frame would be rather unfortunate at 20,000.

Oak's Pokemon Talk, in the upper right. This one advances up to 14-18 frames, and is what you should use if you want to hit very large frames. But remember to use Elm towards the end due to the inconsistencies. And as far as I can remember switching to Hoenn Sound doesn't advance the frame, just make sure you have the right day and encounter slot calculated for your frame.

This written guide is the best place to start without cluttering up the thread with an open discussion. Read through it and if you have any questions feel free to post them here or in the 5th Generation RNG thread below this one.
Which guide are you referring to? I've read through the OP but that's not getting my anywhere, it doesn't even seem to be discussing BW2

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Just hit my delay in Pearl, but during the coin flips I saw that lady on Route 203 moving in and out of my screen. How can I know which frame I'm on now? And how many frames does that WNPC advance when it moves or turns 1 time? 2 frames?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Just hit my delay in Pearl, but during the coin flips I saw that lady on Route 203 moving in and out of my screen. How can I know which frame I'm on now? And how many frames does that WNPC advance when it moves or turns 1 time? 2 frames?
If you have a chatot with a recorded chatter, you can use the pitches to see where you stand. As for knowing how many frames an wnpc advances...well it's not always the same number so it is hard to tell.

Which guide are you referring to? I've read through the OP but that's not getting my anywhere, it doesn't even seem to be discussing BW2
Sorry about that I was pretty tired yesterday and forgot the link:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

This will give you a good start point.

Trying a Shellos? If on emulator you can view the frame via PID, if it's a flashcart/game chatots(I can't do it because of being tone deaf + 70% deaf in my right ear). Good luck mine was a lot of trial and error.

Probably been addressed before, but is it possible to RNG Latios or Raikou if they are the only two roamers wandering? Entei was caught awhile ago, but I was just curious as I'm planning on restarting anyway.
I dunno if it's still available for download but there was a program called radio seed, using the radio(which still works in the champions room) you can verify via responses similar to elm calls. If I remember it offers two choices of radio programs to listen to but only one works, I'll look when I get home.

Yes I do.

Alright. Here's the Roamer's locations when I saved:
Raikou: 37
Entei: 39
Lati@s: 19

And here's what I got when I tried to hit my seed:
Raikou: 42
Entei: 45
Lati@s: 28

Also, here's the Seed to Time window if it helps.
I'll check this out when I get home and let you know if I find anything. Out of curiosity are you using a timer? And if so are you using the default calibrated delay or one you calculated.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Probably been addressed before, but is it possible to RNG Latios or Raikou if they are the only two roamers wandering? Entei was caught awhile ago, but I was just curious as I'm planning on restarting anyway.
Use the Roamer method to verify the location of the remaining one, then if the roamer is at the right route, further confirm your seed via Chatter pitches while advancing your frame. It would be preferable to try to hit that seed (or close to it) while at a different in-game location so you can check by Elm until you hit close enough, then go to the E4.

Sorry about that I was pretty tired yesterday and forgot the link:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

This will give you a good start point.

Trying a Shellos? If on emulator you can view the frame via PID, if it's a flashcart/game chatots(I can't do it because of being tone deaf + 70% deaf in my right ear). Good luck mine was a lot of trial and error.

I dunno if it's still available for download but there was a program called radio seed, using the radio(which still works in the champions room) you can verify via responses similar to elm calls. If I remember it offers two choices of radio programs to listen to but only one works, I'll look when I get home.

I'll check this out when I get home and let you know if I find anything. Out of curiosity are you using a timer? And if so are you using the default calibrated delay or one you calculated.
I'm afraid that's the guide I was talking about in my first post, I tried to follow it but I can't, I'm getting totally different stuff from the RNGreporter then I should be getting according to the guide, so I'm stuck.

Yes I'm using EONtimer, and I'm using the calculated delay.
???
Either a process in setting up the abuse went wrong or there might be a bug in the rngreporter. I searched +-999 delay and +-9 seconds from your target time and did not see any result. So please do these step and post the result and also post the steps you originally did

1. Start the game and record the roamer location and save
2. Set the ds date to your target date and your time to 4:07
3. Start the timer simultaneously when you set the time
4. When the first timer hit 0, soft-reset the game
5. When the second timer hit 0, press A on the continue screen
6. Record the roamer location and post it here
7. See if the roamer location is less than 30 frames from your target delay

Typically your delay may be off by 30 but any more would be done by human error or the rngreporter is not displaying the right result.

Okay.

Raikou: Route 33
Entei: Route 42
Latias: Route 8

Raikou: 37
Entei: 29
Latias: 14

And how do I check whether it's 30 or less frames away or not?
???
I now see possibilities of what you hit, but it's still shouldnt be this high
what ds are you using?
can you upload a pic of your eontimer?
can you list your steps you took?

The delay you may have it is more than 500 and off be more than 3 seconds

Edit:
When you try again, can you please post the roamer location and 10 elm/irwin responses? Will help narrow it down to what exactly you hit
At best, you were 2329 below you delay by 3 seconds-not entirely implausible
At worst you hit a negative delay- extremely implausible

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
No I want to capture both Seedot and Lotad, since they'll get Synthesis in 5th gen anyway.

But if I remember correctly, at the beginning of 5th gen RNG abuse I always did turning and walking to advance the PID. 1 turn was 2 frames. Does that work the same for DPPt? If so, I can just count how many times that WNPC walks/turns. That Chatot method is not working for me either, I think.

???
I now see possibilities of what you hit, but it's still shouldnt be this high
what ds are you using?
can you upload a pic of your eontimer?
can you list your steps you took?

The delay you may have it is more than 500 and off be more than 3 seconds

Edit:
When you try again, can you please post the roamer location and 10 elm/irwin responses? Will help narrow it down to what exactly you hit
At best, you were 2329 below you delay by 3 seconds-not entirely implausible
At worst you hit a negative delay- extremely implausible
I'm using the 3DS.
Sure.

I pretty much did as you told me to do.

I'm using the 3DS.
Sure.

I pretty much did as you told me to do.
Ok, I am not familiar with the 3ds, but its shouldnt cause any problem

I tested the seed and my delay was off by 30 on SS, although I used the elm/irwin method, which means there nothing wrong with the seed nor rngreporter.

But I may have confused you
from a previous post you were aiming for
Okay I've been trying to RNG HeartGold using the Roamer method and I'm not getting any matches whatsoever. Is there a particular reason for this? I have all the data correct and my EONtimer is set properly so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If it helps any here's my info:

Seed: 76040523
Date: 2012 12 28
Time: 04:08 30
but in recent post your were aiming for
So which one is really the one you are abusing currently?

Note I know my typing may seem like I'm being a jerk, but I am not, just trying to clear confusion and keep thing short. Also I am online but I am also playing minecraft so my post will be a little delayed

I was aiming for the latter.

And nah you're not being a jerk. You're being helpful.
So if you aiming for
4/18/13
4:16:30

it would make
???

2. Set the ds date to your target date and your time to 4:07
incorrect. You should set the date to 4/18/2013 and the time to 4:15
Did you set the time and date to 4/18/2013 and 4:15?
If so, when you do it again, please post the roamer location and the 15 elm or irwin calls
If not, please use the correct time and date and post the result

No I want to capture both Seedot and Lotad, since they'll get Synthesis in 5th gen anyway.

But if I remember correctly, at the beginning of 5th gen RNG abuse I always did turning and walking to advance the PID. 1 turn was 2 frames. Does that work the same for DPPt? If so, I can just count how many times that WNPC walks/turns. That Chatot method is not working for me either, I think.
Counting the NPC movements is not the best idea. They tend to be inconsistent and can advance your frame even without moving. I found the best way to do it was to find a spread with a low frame to shoot for, then enter the game and immediately do your journal advances and sweet scent quickly so the NPC cannot make a lot of movements like while doing coin flips. Check your seed based on the pokemon you catch, and if you hit it then you can see how many frames off you were, as sort of a calibration. The next time you can adjust your advances to account for the NPC movements.

Roamer location:

Raikou: 31
Entei: 31
Latias: 20

Elm/Irwin Call order: P, E, E, E, E, P, K, P, P, P, P, K, E, P, K

Neither provided results.
At best you were a second off but the roamer location didnt match. I am starting to believe it may be the 3DS.

I know this may getting a little ridiculous, but save again record the location but choose a different date.
Also you are pressing A on the continue screen when the second timer is 0 correct?

Edit Hmmmmm.
There is a possibility that you were a few hundred frame above you target delay but with that eontimer numbers its impossible

Alright I finally got results. I was one point off from my targeted Delay. Here are the results from the Roamers.

Raikou: 31
Entei: 46
Latias: 4
please also post about 10 elm/irwin response, to confirm you hit a specific delay

Try again, if you hit another delay that is odd then you will have to change the date or insert a gba

If the delay switch between odd and even, then you will have to update accordingly

Edit
It just trial and error now, good luck

Roamers:

Raikou: 29
Entei: 36
Latias: 20

Calls: K, K, K, K, P, P, P, K, K, K, P, K, P, K, K

Edit: I finally managed to hit my seed, though I made a mistake and went one frame over what I was supposed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)