The Artwork for Tournaments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, artwork for the Monotype Tournament is drastically needed! It goes up after the Offstat Tournament ends, and that is in round 4 of (I'm assuming) 5 or 6. Please, do some art!
I only have this, in a couple of days I will finish it :D

Here is an idea for the monotype tournament
just some minor things: center the equatorial line and the button of the pokéball; it looks off. also, make the font smaller so that it fits better instead of overlapping the entei. you can also arc the text to keep a consistent shape with the arc behind it as well.

as for more trivial suggestions, i would probably use a thicker font, or if you haven't already (this is assuming you're using photoshop), you could use a faux bold. additionally, with a background like that behind the text, embossing the text for some sort of inset/letterpress effect and/or perhaps using a simple white-gray gradient would make it match nicely. this is something that might be worth experimenting with.

just some minor things: center the equatorial line and the button of the pokéball; it looks off. also, make the font smaller so that it fits better instead of overlapping the entei. you can also arc the text to keep a consistent shape with the arc behind it as well.

as for more trivial suggestions, i would probably use a thicker font, or if you haven't already (this is assuming you're using photoshop), you could use a faux bold. additionally, with a background like that behind the text, embossing the text for some sort of inset/letterpress effect and/or perhaps using a simple white-gray gradient would make it match nicely. this is something that might be worth experimenting with.

Yeah I can't disagree with anything you said. I actually did align the text to the same math that the box/banner thing was on, but I was in a rush at the moment and just wanted to get something done.

Update:

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post there with a request, but I've asked some artists and nobody's got the time, so using this as my last resort. I'm going to lead RUPL, the Rarelyused Premier League, and I need artwork for the teams, which are the following:

zdrup15 - Oreburgh Omastars
SuperJOCKE - Pastoria Poliwraths
Novaray & Texas - Littleroot Lilligants
Jellicent - Slateport Slowkings
SilentVerse & Hot N Cold - Cherrygrove Cinccinos
double01 - Anville Aggrons

ignore the managers, not important. what i'm looking for are some cool cartoony logos of the pokemon and the respective team name somewhere in the image, is there anyone who can pull that off? cheers

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yo i have a tour coming up called the reverse tournament III. If anyone can make some art for it that would be great. Take the title and do whatever you feel is good for it. The rules are you have to try to lose the battle instead of winning. Sad to see this thread died :(
It didn't die, we just finished all of the tourney requests. Until now that is. :V

You might wanna flesh out what the tournament entails though, but since losing is the objective, I guess the lowest layers of NU is appropriate for the banner?

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ok I'm not sure if I'm too late for the Reverse Tournament or if you already got a banner, but I did this:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Request

Tournament Name: BW UU Tournament

Host: WhiteQueen
Project priority: Normal
Format: BW2 UU
Tournament Rules: Best of three BW UU tournament.
Art Direction: Please have Abomasnow in the artwork. Other than that, it's up to the artist's decision. thanks!

Ah forgot about this thread. It'll come in handy

Tournament Name: Pick of the Pools
Host: Eagle4
Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Choose a pokemon from 6 different pools each round to create your team.
Art Direction: I'd like 6 pokemon in the artwork, preferably varying in tiers (excluding Uber pokemon). ^_^

Tournament*
Also, for the word part, maybe making the blue rectangle outlined completely (instead of only at the top) could help, as well as possibly making the font a bit bigger so it's fits more tightly in the rectanglr

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Request

Tournament Name: BW UU Tournament

Host: WhiteQueen
Format: BW2 UU
Tournament Rules: Best of three BW UU tournament.
Art Direction: Please have Abomasnow in the artwork. Other than that, it's up to the artist's decision. thanks!
I hope this is ok...

This is my second banner in total ever, which probably explains its quality. Feedback is wholeheartedly welcomed.

I think giving the letters a more distinct outline could help, especially on "BW UU" as currently it kind of blends into Aboma

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Forgive me for saying this, but I think blue frog's text is better while I prefer bluehoundoom's Abomasnow. Hrrrmmm a collaboration between the two of you, perhaps? :)

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Sorry for the double post :X
Ah forgot about this thread. It'll come in handy

Tournament Name: Pick of the Pools
Host: Eagle4
Format:
BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Choose a pokemon from 6 different pools each round to create your team.
Art Direction: I'd like 6 pokemon in the artwork, preferably varying in tiers (excluding Uber pokemon). ^_^
Eagle4 asked me to take a whack at it, so here's what i got:

Billiards concept. Cuz Pools. Hope it ain't corny...x_X
Is the text all right or is it supposed to be "Pick of the Pools Tournament"?

Magistrum, it's absolutely beautiful. "Pick of the Pools" is fine, it would probably look too clustered with the added word. One minor nitpick I have is the pokemon you've chosen, since they're all roughly from the same metagame. How about replacing one of the water type pokemon with an OU pokemon? If you don't have the time/energy though, then that's okay, I still love the logo as it is!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Oh, didn't notice that! I got UU, RU, NU, LC and a BL pokemon yet I forgot OU of all things! Sorry about that! :P

Edit: changed Empoleon to Vaporeon.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament name: Same Type Tourney II
Host: Electrolyte
Format: BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: Each Pokemon can only use moves that share a type with said Pokemon.
Art Direction: I was thinking of creating a banner that had the words 'Same Type Tourney' with a different Pokemon representing each different type in each letter. There are 15 letters in 'Same Type Tourney', so the artist could add ><'s or something like that to make it '>Same Type Tourney<' which has 17 letters that can each represent a different type. No Ubers, please.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: The Neverused Story
Host: FireMage
Format: ADV / DPP / BW1 / BW 2 NU
Tournament Rules: The Tour starts off as ADV NU, then progresses through each gen's NU Metagame (ADV - > DPP ->BW1 --> BW1/2 --> BW2 (now)) All are standard matches with no twist or gimmick.
Art Direction: I was thinking of an old worn out book, with classic nu mons from each gen etched onto the cover. I also think that a parody of the Movie, "The Neverending Story" could suffice.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: The Neverused Story
Host: FireMage
Format: ADV / DPP / BW1 / BW 2 NU
Tournament Rules: The Tour starts off as ADV NU, then progresses through each gen's NU Metagame (ADV - > DPP ->BW1 --> BW1/2 --> BW2 (now)) All are standard matches with no twist or gimmick.
Art Direction: I was thinking of an old worn out book, with classic nu mons from each gen etched onto the cover. I also think that a parody of the Movie, "The Neverending Story" could suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)