Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok Cjorex here you go. The challenges here are based off the characteristics of Treecko in general.

Your brother gets a Treecko named Hunter.

At its first stage, Hunter is a defiant Pokemon and it is said that when a stronger foe glares at it, it will be undaunted and glare back. Hence, whenever Hunter faces a Pokemon of its level or higher, it must start the battle with Leer. Also, it must start with Leer when fighting the last Pokemon of every gym leader it faces.

At its second stage, Hunter is very agile and able to scale walls with ease. Hence, whenever you are in a mountainous or forestry region outdoors, Hunter must lead the party. This includes fiery path.

At its final stage, Hunter is very protective of those around it, and whenever a teammate gets afflicted with status in battle, Hunter must switch in. (optional: also must switch in whenever a teammate gets hit by a super effective move) To prove its worth, it must solo Steven's Cradily. (if your brother doesn't like solos or thinks its too difficult, by all means change it)

Also every time it evolves the restrictions from its previous stage are removed. Ie. as a Grovyle it no longer needs to start a battle with Leer, as a Sceptile it no longer needs to lead at mountainous regions.

Edit: ok I removed the red health part, thanks for pointing that out. I really should avoid clashes next time...

Good challange. Just one small problem: the switching in on red health somewhat clashes with Numel's need to be in red health to use certain moves. Rest is great though.

Solo'ing Hugh at the PWT is the worst. Effect keeps trying to Encore his Servine into using Leech Seed but I haven't been able to get it yet. Ugh, such a long wait between fights too, having to re-register for the PWT each time.
Still haven't beat him. Strategy is this:

Effect (Oshawott) Level 38
Rocky Helmet
Aqua Tail
Attract
Rest
Encore.

I use attract on the first turn against his Servine, I'm faster and he either Leaf Blades through it or is immobilized by love. After that I use Aqua Tail until i either faint (Leaf Blade is a 2hko) or he uses Leech Sead (VERY RARE, used it like twice) If he uses Leech Seed I'll encore him into doing it again.

So far the closest I've come to winning is the one time I've had amazing luck with Attract. I use Attract on first turn, he Leaf Blades leaving me at around 30%. I decide to use Rest, he is immobilized. I wake up on the 3rd turn to use Aqua Tail and he was immobilized the entire time. He hits me one more time to take me back down to 30% as I score the KO on Servine. Out comes his Tranquil; I Aqua Tail, does about 60%, he hits me for around 5%, leaving me with around 20 hp.

Out comes his Simisear and I'm flying high, just one more hit with Aqua Tail and I'm golden. I confidently choose Aqua Tail, grinning at the outcome of the battle.

He outspeeds me and KO's with Flame Burst x.x

I haven't defeated his Servine since then. That was 6 levels ago.

My plan is to level until I get Swords Dance, maybe give Effect an Oran Berry.
If I can't win with +2 Aqua Tail, I may try just using Hydro Pump.

Just for laughs, I have 36 shards in total -.-

EDIT: Just beat him, Attract paralyzed his Servine until I defeated it. Eddect made it to his Simisear with full health, only taking one hit from Flame Burst!!! Evolvable now :)

Okay everyone, I have a notice regarding my brother's sapphire scramble. I know this probably goes against the spirit of the challenge but he has asked me to provide the rest of his scramblemons. I hope you understand. He was just getting impatient with people not giving scramblemons. Thanks to those who did submit, though. He just wants to get started quickly so he asked me to do the rest for him so he wouldn't have to wait too much longer.
Thanks for understanding.

This needs three more challanges.
AOPSUser, take Saddened the Patrat. Saddened is, well, saddened by the inclusion of Rattata into its game - as such, it has to prove itself to be a worthy opponent of all Rattata!

In order to evolve, Saddened must lead your party throughout the Castelia Sewers, and must, whenever possible, battle any Rattata or Raticate that any Trainers have.

Additionally, in order to prove itself, Saddened may only learn moves that Rattata and Raticate can learn, in order to prove that it is the superior rodent.

Additionally, you must solo one Gym Leader whom has a move that is advantageous against Saddened - it may be any Gym Leader, but they have to have a Fighting-type move on at least one of their Pokemon. Until you clear this restriction, no items for Saddened, due to a sense of self-worth.

1,000th Post Special

It seems fitting to have my 1000th post on the thread I really started my Smogon experience on - the Scramble thread. I was at, like, a 20 post-count before I joined the Scramble thread. All I would do is dabble around Rate My Team, I didn't even realize anything but that and CAP existed. So, when a Smog article ran describing the Scramble Chellange, I decided to join, seeing as I could potentially get my foot in the door, so to speak.

The Scramble thread was the first place that people actually listened to what I had to say on Smogon - and while I have drifted away from the Scramble thread itself, I still maintain as constant a presence on my home in Orange Islands (I do kinda aspire to be a mod someday, or at least a badgeholder - but that's beside the point).

I've branched a bit on Smogon, finding areas such as ASB, A Fo' Rum, and even just around Orange Islands where I can contribute and people listen. Hopefully, I'll even become a respectable user on Smogon with some cred.

Here's to another 1000 posts which may or may not be deleted by Birkal!

AOPSUser, take Saddened the Patrat. Saddened is, well, saddened by the inclusion of Rattata into its game - as such, it has to prove itself to be a worthy opponent of all Rattata!

In order to evolve, Saddened must lead your party throughout the Castelia Sewers, and must, whenever possible, battle any Rattata or Raticate that any Trainers have.

Additionally, in order to prove itself, Saddened may only learn moves that Rattata and Raticate can learn, in order to prove that it is the superior rodent.

Additionally, you must solo one Gym Leader whom has a move that is advantageous against Saddened - it may be any Gym Leader, but they have to have a Fighting-type move on at least one of their Pokemon. Until you clear this restriction, no items for Saddened, due to a sense of self-worth.
Accepted. Two more. I would prefer to have a starter.

Superpowerdude, you get Power the Oshawott. Here is his story:

As soon as you receive Oshawott, you realize he has an attitude problem. He is a mean fighter. So mean even, that he won't do anything but tackle his opponents. He is so mean that he shows no mercy. As soon as he is send into battle, he wants to finish his foe all by himself. After he has been trained some levels, he gets more furious and instead of tackling his opponents to death, he now cuts them furiously. Somewhere along the road, you have had enough and want him to be teached a lesson by solo'ing a gymleader. After he has had the hurt laid on him by the gymleader, but prevails, he becomes more obedient and evolves. This Dewott has learned that he needs to focus his energy before a battle to get the best results, but that he is not too powerful. After he has fainted in twenty different trainer battles, he completely focusses on the task of becoming a stronger member. He wants to have revenge on all foes, revenge above all. Nothing but revenge. After he solo's your friends Bianca and Cheren with Revenge both, he feels he has had enough revenge and evolves into Samurott. As a Samurott, he has found internal peace and devotes himself to the art of waterbending. As of now, he only wants to use water type moves and because he wants to train, he refuses to fight foes he can hit super-effectively. His strong water-type knowledge leads him to his final quest: solo'ing an elite four member with the strongest of strong water moves: water gun. Just the name says it all. Shooting his enemies in that battle, he shows his pure strength and gets satisfied with his strength. (Ps: you cannot solo a memeber who has a team member water gun is super effective on).

So as a summary:
- Get a male Oshawott
- Name it Power
- Never switch out: Restriction applies for the entire challenge
- Only usable move is Tackle
Then:
- Tackle gets replaced by Fury Cutter
- Still only usable move
- Solo any Gym leader
Then:
- Evolve
Then:
- Use Focus Energy turn 1 every battle
- Faint against twenty different trainers
Then:
- Replace Fury Cutter with Revenge
- Only usable move aside from Focus Energy
- Solo Biance and Cheren
Then:
- Evolve
Then:
- Learn 4 water type moves
- Do not hit foes super effectively
Then:
- Solo elite four with Water Gun

Then indicates the above restrictions must be fulfilled before continuing with the rest. (or being allowed to continue)

GL

Since my FireRed and Emerald Scrambles are just grinding at the moment, and my Black scramble has ground to a halt, I've decided that I want to do a HeartGold scramble.
-Easy Difficulty
-Trading only to evolve
-I want a starter; any one will do, although I've never used Chikorita.
-Could I please have a challange for the Red Gyarados? It is an important plot point, after all.
- I want two pokemon by the first gym, three by the third and a full team by the seventh
-If possible, I want to use Heracross, as it is my favourite Pokemon.
-Try to keep it creative and sensible; I will ask for edits if I find it annoying or cheesy
-No signature challanges; I want people to be creative
-Also, you can submit as many challanges as you like, but chances are I'll only accept one from each person, unless they are really good
Don't think there's anything else; have fun submitting!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Superpowerdude, take single the Drilbur (caught in wellspring cave).

Drilbur loves one thing. DOing one thing, having one thing, and you have to tell him what one thing to have.
He only wants to use one move, until he learns a new one, and he always wants to learn new moves. This means that upon capturing drilbur you must select a move and he will only use that move. Next move that he tries to learn by level up he must learn and will use only that move. That will keep happening throughout the whole series.

Once you give Single an item, he may have only that item for the rest of your adventure, and always be holding it. Unless it is a berry, in which case you must keep giving it that berry until you run out. Once you run out then Single would refuse to battle until you get more of that berry. If it is a one-use item Single simply can't hold another item throughout the journey.

Solo a gym leader and e4 member for kicks.

Enjoy :)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since my FireRed and Emerald Scrambles are just grinding at the moment, and my Black scramble has ground to a halt, I've decided that I want to do a HeartGold scramble.
-Easy Difficulty
-Trading only to evolve
-I want a starter; any one will do, although I've never used Chikorita.
-Could I please have a challange for the Red Gyarados? It is an important plot point, after all.
- I want two pokemon by the first gym, three by the third and a full team by the seventh
-If possible, I want to use Heracross, as it is my favourite Pokemon.
-Try to keep it creative and sensible; I will ask for edits if I find it annoying or cheesy
-No signature challanges; I want people to be creative
-Also, you can submit as many challanges as you like, but chances are I'll only accept one from each person, unless they are really good
Don't think there's anything else; have fun submitting!
I will do the Heracross

CJorex, take a Heracross named Honey.

Not so long ago she lived silently in the lake of rage, but now she fled. She fled because the Red Gyarados woke up. He roared and most Pokemon were scared away. Honey lived in tree full with honey. But now she can't find one again. She is angry for that and must solo the Red Gyarados, after that she calms down and finds the honey back.

Restrictions:
1. Must be female.
2. Must solo the Red Gyarados.
3. Can only use moves that have less than 100 base power after soloing the Red Gyarados.

Am just back from England, will update my scramble soon, but first need to catch a Kricketot with Metronome

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ AOPSUser: You get AOp the Scraggy.

AOp is an AOp on a random IRC Channel somewhere in the world. AOp is often seen not very highly though, given he is not so level headed in the chat-rooms. AOp must have the following moveset ASAP:
-Kick: Hi Jump Kick / Low Kick
-Ban: Dragon Tail / Focus Punch / Payback
-Set mode +m: Taunt / Torment
-Promote: Work Up / Swagger

Now, AOp has recently been warned by an unknown SOp on this chat that if he cannot find him & beat him, that he might have his AOp's taken away! Oh no! What can he possibly do? Well, find him & beat him of course! So you go on your mystical journey to take out the SOp in time before AOp becomes an AOp no more, & eventually, you come across this SOp: Ghetsis' Hydreigon & his cronies. Looks like if AOp wants to retain his AOp's on this chan, I guess he has his work cut out for him... That is, AOp must solo Ghetsis, in order to retain his IRC Status.

Have fun.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will do the Heracross

Not so long ago she lived silently in the lake of rage, but now she fled. She fled because the Red Gyarados woke up. He roared and most Pokemon were scared away. Honey lived in tree full with honey. But now she can't find one again. She is angry for that and must solo the Red Gyarados, after that she calms down and finds the honey back.

Restrictions:
1. Must be female.
3. Can only use moves that have less than 100 base power after soloing the Red Gyarados.

Am just back from England, will update my scramble soon, but first need to catch a Kricketot with Metronome
Still need one more challange for my ss scramble, look in my signature for information

I will do the Heracross

Restrictions:
1. Must be female.

Awww... I wanted to catch the Red Gyarados! Can it be that she has to be the only one I use to catch the Red Gyarados?

@present good poke :) I should enjoy using him although it will be hella difficult. Thanks :)

@Celever thanks! just two question does Drilbur HAVE to learn everymove it wants to learn and if the next move drilbur learns is a status move am I only aloud to use that move and find another way to level him up? like teaching him an attacking tm or putting it first in a battle then switching out to another poke. If these questions are confusing please tell me and I will try and explain them better :)

Snaquaza

KACAW
Awww... I wanted to catch the Red Gyarados! Can it be that she has to be the only one I use to catch the Red Gyarados?
just solo it, then soft reset and catch it. You can choose to catch Red Gyarados the second time with Honey only, if you want an extra challenge

Snaquaza

KACAW
Gimme a HARD pokmemon black scramble plz

no trades and my only request is starting with oshowatt
Want hard, get hard

Superpowerdude Take Womanizer the Yamask.

Backstory:
Once, long ago, a very regular man lived in the land of Unova. He lived in the big city of Castelia. Everyday he did go to his job. Every day again. He had a wife too. She was just as regular as he was. She cooked and did the household. Their pet was a cute little Lillipup and she was pregnant of a baby. Next month, they would move to [insert here name of your hometown]. They drove to their new home. She was already packing out, while he drove back to Castelia to get their last stuff. When he drove from Castelia, he saw a big flock of Swanna flying over. It looked like they were fleeing from something. Then at the horizon, he saw two destructive figures. They were masculine Pokemon who sat on a cloud. He still remembered stories out of his childhood, about two Pokemon named Tornadus and Thundurus, who would ravage when they were freed. However, they were calmed by Landorus. So they shouldn’t be here. As he was looking to them, he was slinging on the road. People could barely avoid hitting him. After trying to drive normally again, he drove in the bank. Bystanders called an ambulance, but the ambulance came too late. He already died. He was your father.

After dying, he became a Yamask. His head became a mask. Now he cried when he saw it, at such a moment he remembered his loyal wife and their future child. He wished he could’ve met him. Deep in the Relic Castle, there is a portal to the underworld. All Yamask are coming out there and all spirits are first guided to there. Somewhere in the upper layers of the Relic Castle, he found a quiet room without any noise. Sometimes a Sandile walked along the room, but no more. He liked the place… most of the time, sometimes he was lonely and he looked at his mask. He resided at the place over ten years. After those years a young trainer came across, you were that trainer. You were trying to catch more Pokemon. It was a fierce fight. Yamask fought back hard, but after doing nothing for so long, he wasn’t too strong. In that way the young trainer could catch it. However, after being lonely for so long, Yamask finally saw some Pokemon again. All Females! He liked them all. He wanted a relation. He wasn’t used to that. His entire human live, he stayed loyal to his wife, but now he felt more like a player. In that way you catched a very attractive Yamask. But soon he becomes tired of those 5 female Pokemon and wants a new girlfriend.

Catching Rules:
1. Needs to be male.
2. Must be caught with 5 female Pokemon in the party.
3. In the battle all Pokemon must land one hit.
4. Must use a Poke Ball after each hit.
5. So it can only be caught after at least 5 Poke Balls thrown at it.
6. Release those female Pokemon.

Adventure:
Once you catch it, it sees its boring life. In his mortal time he was a boring man, who had one wife for his entire life. He wants to make a major change. Now he wants to live. He wants to go and attract all female Pokemon. They are his new passion, after he saw so much beautiful Pokemon. He loves it so much, he wants to make love on every place and as much as possible. Every night, every day. But before he can do that, he first needs to flirt with the girls. He does this by attracting them, being cool and paying every morning attention to his looks. He combs his hair and he brushes his teeth. Then he shows off, until the Pokemon, comes close enough, to be together. He makes beautiful lights or he tries to attract them again, sometimes he even shows off his supernatural powers to make all females come close. He does that to make them like him and to let them come close. However, if the Pokemon is not in love with it, he holds a grudge against her. He wants to make it out with a Pokemon, not the other way around. Every Pokemon that isn’t in love with him will taste his revenge. As he loves female Pokemon, he will never go away from them and they won’t even be separated by death. Their destinies need to be bonded by this Yamask. However, when they are separated by death, he wants to let someone feel his revenge for this failure in love. He will search the highest levelled Pokemon he can find and he will give them a slow death. This Pokemon will only attack in the night. You know why. Sometimes, this Pokemon will find male Pokemon. He doesn’t want to see them. They are his competitors. He doesn’t want to risk them getting experience from beating them.

Usage Rules:
1. Must solo every female Pokemon.
2. Can’t fight against male Pokemon
3. Must use Attract on the first turn against all female Pokemon. (Flirting)
4. If the Pokemon breaks through Infatuation, it must either use Grudge or Curse. (Holding a grudge against Pokemon who break up with it.)
5. Must get every female Pokemon with it in death, so it must Destiny Bond all female Pokemon with it to death. (Not to be separated by death.)
6. Can only use Status moves until the opponent becomes a Mummy. (Being close together.)
7. The only attacking move is Night Shade, as you know why a womanizer loves the night. However, it can use all attacking moves at night. (Loves the night.)
8. If it doesn’t take a Pokemon with it to death (using Destiny Bond), it takes the highest levelled Pokemon on your team to death. (Doesn’t apply when you die due to residual damage, but you have used Destiny Bond.)
9. Can’t flee from female Pokemon. (Loves them not hate them.)
10. Must find five female Pokemon on every route. (Be with as much as possible.)

Epilogue:
Slowly but surely this Pokémon’s obsession, becomes worse. It comes at its pinnacle just after the Champion. (BW Only ->) Only after he came into the Hall of Fame, he heard about the Pokedex and he heard about the feature to see which Pokemon can have which gender. He decides to befriend every one of them. As all Pokemon have the right to love Womanizer. (<- BW Only) (BW2 Only ->) After he came into the Hall of Fame, Professor Juniper said something about Cresselia. The ultimate female Pokemon. So he wants to make love with this Pokemon too, to complete his goal in life. So you must go the Marvellous Bridge and solo Cresselia. (<- BW2 Only)
After he did this, he had enough of his adventurous life. He wanted a quiet and boring life again, like before. Now he had done enough with female Pokemon. He has been with them enough. Many Pokemon had been in deep love with Womanizer, so not much Pokemon have interest left in him. So why not go back to his old boring, but happy life. First he wants to find another Yamask. One he likes, one that remembers him of his old wife. He needs to attract the Pokemon again and eventually Bond his destiny with the Yamask. Then they die together and go happily together to the afterlife.
Ending Rules:
1. Solo all female pokemon of the regional Pokedex (That is findable in the wild.), expect Yamask. (BW) (The rules of usage still apply here) (All Pokemon have the right to be with him.)
1. Solo Cresselia. (BW2) (The rules of usage still apply here, but it can’t die and use Destiny Bond) (Ultimate female Pokemon)
2. Die together with a wild female Yamask. (Ultimate Love)
3. Release Womanizer. (Be together with his new girlfriend.)

Only solo female mons not already soloed of course

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
@present good poke :) I should enjoy using him although it will be hella difficult. Thanks :)

@Celever thanks! just two question does Drilbur HAVE to learn everymove it wants to learn and if the next move drilbur learns is a status move am I only aloud to use that move and find another way to level him up? like teaching him an attacking tm or putting it first in a battle then switching out to another poke. If these questions are confusing please tell me and I will try and explain them better :)
Yes. So Drilbur must learn every single move via level up, however you can abuse the loophole of TMs so if you don't want to only be able to use hone claws (don't know why you wouldn't though :P) you can teach it a TM. Only one use of TM on him at any point though.

Also switch training is of course allowed.

Thanks Snaquaza that is avery creative and hard challenge.

just to clarify do I have to use destiny bond in all battles after attract or when do I use it? Also are there any evolution requirements or can I evolve womanizer whenever?

@celever thanks for clearing that up, should be fun :)

Snaquaza

KACAW
You can evolve it whenever you want.
And about Destiny Bond, you don't have to use it, but whenever you faint without having used Destiny Bond another Pokemon of your team will die. (never be used again) So it is your choice when you use it, but be careful when you use another move.

@Superpowerdude, You get Volt the Klink. This poor mass of gears is under the impression that he is of a different typing. Blame his moveset! He thinks that he is an Electric/Steel type with Levitate. He probably didn't get the memo at the start of Pokemon Black...

As he thinks he has levitate, he must switch in and survive 20 ground type pokemon and their attacks, after all he can't be hurt by them and he won't allow his teammates to suffer! Before he can first evolve, he must solo Skyla, as he is the perfect typing for the job. He must learn and keep 3 electric moves, including charge. Once he learns charge, he must use it at the start of every battle! If against anything that isn't of ground typing, he must fight using electric attacks only! To evolve into a Klinklang, he must solo a member of the Elite Four, which one is up to you.

To Sum up this challenge:
- Catch a Klink called Volt.
- Must switch into 20 ground type attacks and survive.
- To evolve once, must solo Skyla.
- Must learn and keep 3 electric attacks, including Charge
- Charge must be used at the start of every battle.
- If the typing of his opponent isn't ground, he can only use electric attacks.
- To evolve into his final form, he must solo an elite four member!

@ AOPSUser: You get AOp the Scraggy.

AOp is an AOp on a random IRC Channel somewhere in the world. AOp is often seen not very highly though, given he is not so level headed in the chat-rooms. AOp must have the following moveset ASAP:
-Kick: Hi Jump Kick / Low Kick
-Ban: Dragon Tail / Focus Punch / Payback
-Set mode +m: Taunt / Torment
-Promote: Work Up / Swagger

Now, AOp has recently been warned by an unknown SOp on this chat that if he cannot find him & beat him, that he might have his AOp's taken away! Oh no! What can he possibly do? Well, find him & beat him of course! So you go on your mystical journey to take out the SOp in time before AOp becomes an AOp no more, & eventually, you come across this SOp: Ghetsis' Hydreigon & his cronies. Looks like if AOp wants to retain his AOp's on this chan, I guess he has his work cut out for him... That is, AOp must solo Ghetsis, in order to retain his IRC Status.

Have fun.
/kick IAR #capasb :Þ

(Accepted)

One more, I would prefer to have a starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)