Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay can someone please hear me out. I am a fairly active player in hackmons and bh ranking #4(hackmons) and #2(bh). There is an issue with the tier bh concerning the use of rapid spin scrappy. Unfortunately this tactic is so OP in bh unlike it is in hackmons simply because there is no way to block a scrappy spinner in bh. I am advocating for the ability scrappy to please be taken off the bh ladder. I feel obviously people should have access to rapid spin but not to a rapid spin thats unblockable. Feel free to respond. Thanks!
If your post is only concerning BH's rules, I would suggest going to the Balanced Hackmons thread on the Other Metagames forum.

Can we please get some new battle music? It's tiring hearing the same battle themes over and over again (though it's still better than PO). Some suggestions of mine would be the Generation 3 Elite 4 battle theme, the Generation 3 Frontier Brain battle theme and the gen HG/SS Champions theme

I noticed this today where in battle when you get poison the status icon is the same when badly poisoned and normal poisoned. While on the cartridge games badly poisoned the poison icon has the letters colored purple, and normal poison the icon is purple with white letters.

Might be a little trivial but I just wanted to suggest it and get some feedback on this.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if its not too much trouble, could we animate the hp bars even when you have 'disable animations checked' it's a lot easier to concentrate when they're animated, maybe implementing it as an option would be nice

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Seconding Honus's suggestion. It also works that way when you turn battle animations off in the games (although sprites are still animated there).

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
The "disable animations" feature is there for performance reasons; it's also for people whose computers are too slow to show animations. That's why I don't want to do any animations for those people.

I guess I could add a "fast animations" mode at some point, but it'll be a lot more work so don't expect it anytime soon.

If there is anything that really ticks me off about the showdown server it's showing a percent range when attacking. Saying that my pokemon's attack does 20-30% of my opponents HP sounds really stupid when it actually does a specific number.
Another idea would be to get rid of knowing how much damage you do to your opponent and just have the HP as your only indication of their health.
I pretty much summed up everything i'd like to see in this picture

little suggestion only save the avatar in the player coz always change my avatar when i join (my english its bad like unown )

Heyo, I had an idea for the battles...
Maybe, there can be smogon TRIPLES, and rotation battles.
I also had a thought of how maybe there can be a smogon pokemon mystery dungeon battles? It'd have the team you made, and you would be on a 40x40 tile field, and it would work out how it does in mystery dungeon! Thats my idea, thank you for listening!

I also support Honus's suggestion for animated HP bars. That's how PL handled it; just the option would be nice.

If there is anything that really ticks me off about the showdown server it's showing a percent range when attacking. Saying that my pokemon's attack does 20-30% of my opponents HP sounds really stupid when it actually does a specific number.
Another idea would be to get rid of knowing how much damage you do to your opponent and just have the HP as your only indication of their health.
I pretty much summed up everything i'd like to see in this picture
This has been the subject of much debate. You can read about it here and here.

Sort of related to this, would it be possible to have the exact percentages implemented stuff like Leftovers, where you always know it's restoring ~6%? It feels a bit weird to see a range come up for Lefties. It's obviously not really a huge issue, and the topic has been beaten to death so it's fine if this is left unaddressed.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The primary reason that it displays a range is to futher simulate cartridge conditions. Does the cartridge version of Black 2 display exact HP percentages when you hit the opponent? I am annoyed slightly by this too, but that certainly is no reason to overhaul the cartridge system.
However, displaying your HP on your side only is a good suggestion and I hope it gets implemented. The cartridge does do that.

Sort of related to this, would it be possible to have the exact percentages implemented stuff like Leftovers, where you always know it's restoring ~6%? It feels a bit weird to see a range come up for Lefties. It's obviously not really a huge issue, and the topic has been beaten to death so it's fine if this is left unaddressed.
This however, makes perfect sense. Lefties restores exactly 6.25%, Life Orb drains exactly 10%, etc. It isn't displayed on cartridge, but is the basics of competitive Pokemon. I think this should be implemented as well.

You can check your pokemon HP at the lower right corner or hovering the cursor on it, so I don't think it's a big issue

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This however, makes perfect sense. Lefties restores exactly 6.25%, Life Orb drains exactly 10%, etc. It isn't displayed on cartridge, but is the basics of competitive Pokemon. I think this should be implemented as well.
No, it doesn't. It's impossible for lefties to restore exactly 6.25% unless your HP is a multiple of 16. All other times, it restores approximately 6.25%. In LC, or if you're doing tricks like level 1 Aron, it can even be off by more than a percentage off.

If you're sure that you're only playing in situations where it's exactly 6%-7%, then you don't need the damage range anyway, but it's helpful when you do.

When I select my team to be a VGC team, would it be possible for showdown to automatically level everything down to 50 for me? Whenever I'm making EV adjustments, it's annoying having to set the level from 100 to 50 for every Pokemon. Having everything automatically leveled down upon setting the rule set would be a nice time saver. I'd imagine it'd also be useful for little cup teams.

Of course, it's a very minor time saver, so feel free to take the suggestion with a grain of salt.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
When I select my team to be a VGC team, would it be possible for showdown to automatically level everything down to 50 for me? Whenever I'm making EV adjustments, it's annoying having to set the level from 100 to 50 for every Pokemon. Having everything automatically leveled down upon setting the rule set would be a nice time saver. I'd imagine it'd also be useful for little cup teams.

Of course, it's a very minor time saver, so feel free to take the suggestion with a grain of salt.
The server DOES do this... If you go into a vgc game with level 100's it will auto change them to 50 in battle. Same with LC battles

The server DOES do this... If you go into a vgc game with level 100's it will auto change them to 50 in battle. Same with LC battles
Oh, yes, I know they change the level for battles. I'm talking about when I'm in the team builder if the levels could be adjusted to level 50 automatically once I set the rule set so I can play with the EVs and their efficiency without having to manually change the level for each Pokemon.

This may be crazy, or it may not be but... what if you can upload your own pokemon? It'd have it's own tier for custom pokemon too. You can also use these in custom battles. Basically, you upload two sprites for it, front and back, and you make a moveset, and you also make it's stats. How about that?

This may have been suggested before but not in the last few pages, so here it goes: filtering battles by format. For example, you could filter the format to only random battles, and the "watch battles" battle list would show only random battles for you to watch. As someone who enjoys watching specific kinds of battles, often in formats that are less seen, I think that this would be a very useful option.

There is a specific idea that came to me. There should be an information command to link B101. Some dudes on the PS chat tend to ask for help with teambuilding and other stuff that would be great if they may be directed to Battling 101.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
This may be crazy, or it may not be but... what if you can upload your own pokemon? It'd have it's own tier for custom pokemon too. You can also use these in custom battles. Basically, you upload two sprites for it, front and back, and you make a moveset, and you also make it's stats. How about that?
As much as I'd like for this to happen and make it easily accessable for custom metagame creation, there is a forum for the discussion of this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)