The Ubers Viability Ranking Thread (Now Taking Write-Ups)

I said arceus as a whole is uncounterable. Arceus can run some unorthodox move to bypass said counter/check. Arceus has an easier time sweeping late game due to its access to priority that other mons can't hope to compete with. I would argue about how you're wrong in that arceus normal provides no synergy but that would involve blitzlefan coming in here and bitching at me which I want to avoid.
Sure, the combined group of every single Arceus type is uncounterable by 1 poke (no shit), but a good team will be able to beat any Arceus set regardless. Since this thread categorizes Arceus by type, your statement "Definitely but arceus as a whole cannot be countered/checked thus keeping its place in S rank." has literally no base if you are applying it to EVERY Arceus form, since every Arceus form is not considered S rank: only specific forms are. Unfortunately, you are still wrong either way. Arceus can run a move to bypass a check but it means it will be checked by something else. Example: Arceus Fight with Stone Edge beats Ho-Oh yet loses to Giratina-O.

This is why I avoid this thread because of the blatant, unchecked stupidity that seems to run rampant here.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sure, the combined group of every single Arceus type is uncounterable by 1 poke (no shit), but a good team will be able to beat any Arceus set regardless. Since this thread categorizes Arceus by type, your statement "Definitely but arceus as a whole cannot be countered/checked thus keeping its place in S rank." has literally no base if you are applying it to EVERY Arceus form, since every Arceus form is not considered S rank: only specific forms are. Unfortunately, you are still wrong either way. Arceus can run a move to bypass a check but it means it will be checked by something else. Example: Arceus Fight with Stone Edge beats Ho-Oh yet loses to Giratina-O.

This is why I avoid this thread because of the blatant, unchecked stupidity that seems to run rampant here.
I was mainly talking about normal arceus since it's people like you that seem to think normal arceus can only run ekiller. The reason why people run unorthodox sets is because those new counters that it loses to wouldn't dare switching in. For example take arceus normal. If it decides to forgo its extreme killer set and decides to go dual screens instead it turns all of ekillers normal checks/counters (gira/skarm) into little more than setup bait since they can't do much in return while opening itself to taunters that wouldn't dare switch in on it. If anyone's being ignorant it's you here since you seem to be under the impression that normal arceus only has 4 moves total.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Haruno:

The point he's making is that, let's say Ekiller runs in the fourth slot Overheat. Now Gira-O stomps him. Or he runs Shadow claw, forry stops him.

Etc, Etc. Point being is that you can carry checks to each different form of Arceus-Normal. And Donkey is saying that any good team will carry checks to all of those.

2 notifications:

1. As must people already said, the S-rank is being poorly invested. There are many threats that should be in there, as the case of Groudon. I believe that Groudon is more feared then arceus-normal. Not only because of his weather wars, but also for his huge defense, status spreader, stealth rock puter, or in some cases, rockpolish/SD set. As for arceus-normal, lets be serious: if you don't want to run an EKiller set, you just use another Arceus-Type, because they are all better then normal arceus at other aspects.

Don't want to say that Arceus-N isn't S-Rank material - because it is - but if he is, shouldn't other poke, like Groudon, be in it aswell?

2. Arceus-Electric: C-Rank? For real? While Arceus-Fight is A-Rank?!??
I know that Arceus-Fight is a great Sand-Counter, and that it has perfect coverage and rare weaknesses, and it does deserve A-Rank (maybe B imo... I would put it in the middle of both), but Arceus-E is such as good -if not better - then Arceus-Fight.

As Arceus-Fight, Arceus-Elect has perfect move coverage (thunder+icebeam), rare weaknesses (only ground, which is more use by groudon, who fears the icebeam, and excadrill. There are some rare cases, like Ho-oh, but they can be cared of with Thunder or other teammates). It's a perfect fit for Rain teams. 1 of his coverage moves is super-effective on the majority of the tier. After 1 calm-mind, it can survive scarf modest kyogre water-spout and OHKO with Thunder.

It should be, on minimum, B-Rank.

I was mainly talking about normal arceus since it's people like you that seem to think normal arceus can only run ekiller. The reason why people run unorthodox sets is because those new counters that it loses to wouldn't dare switching in. For example take arceus normal. If it decides to forgo its extreme killer set and decides to go dual screens instead it turns all of ekillers normal checks/counters (gira/skarm) into little more than setup bait since they can't do much in return while opening itself to taunters that wouldn't dare switch in on it. If anyone's being ignorant it's you here since you seem to be under the impression that normal arceus only has 4 moves total.
No where in my post did I mention or hint that Arceus-Normal can only run one set - if you are going to attempt to counter my argument please do not strawman me and attempt to interject logic into your posts.

Additionally, what the hell is Dual Screen Arceus going to do to Skarmory or Giratina-A? Skarm will just Toxic spam and Giratina will Dragon Tail or Willowisp. You will not be able to get any safe switches. Running Dual Screens on Arceus-Normal is a complete waste of an Arceus form. Dual screens are much more effective on pokemon like Deoxys-S, Jirachi, and Latias since you can set up an Arceus to sweep rather than foddering one.

If anyone's being ignorant it's you here since you seem to be under the impression that you can theorymon on a high level.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Woah what's with this talk about dropping Arceus-Normal to A or even B-rank?
Extremekiller is one of the most terrifying sets in the metagame and the best lategame sweeper in the entire game.
That set alone has so many variants it's not even funny. It can run LO to net some crucial OHKOs and 2HKOs, it can run Overheat to toast Skarmory, it can run Thunder to zap Skarmory in the rain, it can run Shadow Force to destroy Giratina and Lugia, it can run Lum Berry so you can't stop it with Prankster, it can run Recover so you can't defeat it with Leech Seed stalling.

And if you expect E.killer it can also run Wallceus to completely screw you over.

Arceus-Normal is incredibly versatile and dangerous. That thing is the sheer definition of S-rank.

2 notifications:

1. As must people already said, the S-rank is being poorly invested. There are many threats that should be in there, as the case of Groudon. I believe that Groudon is more feared then arceus-normal. Not only because of his weather wars, but also for his huge defense, status spreader, stealth rock puter, or in some cases, rockpolish/SD set. As for arceus-normal, lets be serious: if you don't want to run an EKiller set, you just use another Arceus-Type, because they are all better then normal arceus at other aspects.

Don't want to say that Arceus-N isn't S-Rank material - because it is - but if he is, shouldn't other poke, like Groudon, be in it aswell?
False, Arceus-Normal is a far better Dual-Screen user due to light clay and a better wall due to a not so common weakness and Leftovers. People seem to forget that Arceus-Normal can actually run items, whereas the others cannot. Granted, the other formes have better typing coverage, such as Ghostceus, but Normal Arceus also gets the mark of "EKiller" by most (bad) players, making him a good user of other sets, with other counters.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Unlike Latios it doesn't get Memento or a powerful attack (its most powerful immediate attack without drawbacks is Return) and unlike Deoxys-S it doesn't get Taunt.

On top of that it doesn't get Volt Switch or U-Turn, meaning that after you set the screens the opponent will have the upper hand and will switch their wall/Taunt user/phazer of choice to prevent your designed setup sweeper to take advantage of the screens.

Arceus-Normal is definitely a S-rank pokemon, but a dual screen set is not what it should be used for.

Unlike Latios it doesn't get Memento or a powerful attack (its most powerful immediate attack without drawbacks is Return) and unlike Deoxys-S it doesn't get Taunt.

On top of that it doesn't get Volt Switch or U-Turn, meaning that after you set the screens the opponent will have the upper hand and will switch their wall/Taunt user/phazer of choice to prevent your designed setup sweeper to take advantage of the screens.

Arceus-Normal is definitely a S-rank pokemon, but a dual screen set is not what it should be used for.
Hmm... maybe not, but it can run it, and better than other Arceus formes. And it sure is S-rank.

Haruno

It has perish song which forces switches arguably more useful than both uturn/voltswitch.

And then, Wobba says hi.
In fact, Arceus-normal is so good under screens that it would be a shame if it is the dual screener.

Haruno

And then, Wobba says hi.
In fact, Arceus-normal is so good under screens that it would be a shame if it is the dual screener.
Moody testing is over isnt it? People only ran so ba exclusively to stop moody. Which isn't even successful.

Yeah, Arceus-n should stay in S-Rank. I've swept many teams with him before because I commonly run shadow force, which does major damage to giritina. Furthermore, skarmory is relatively rare.

I also agree with moving groudon up S-Rank because of the support it provides.

I also think that kyurem-b needs to move up to B-rank. I shall explan the reasoning later in the day.

Moody testing is over isnt it? People only ran so ba exclusively to stop moody. Which isn't even successful.
The suspect is officially stopped, but still in place on the ladders. (There's only the ubersuspecttest tier, and no uber tier)
And no, wobbuffet isn't used only for this suspect. It's actually a decent 'mon against balanced who use scarf Palkia/Genesect/Kyurem-W for example.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I said arceus as a whole is uncounterable. Arceus can run some unorthodox move to bypass said counter/check. Arceus has an easier time sweeping late game due to its access to priority that other mons can't hope to compete with. I would argue about how you're wrong in that arceus normal provides no synergy but that would involve blitzlefan coming in here and bitching at me which I want to avoid.
What??? I just... ??? I haven't done anything??? And you seriously decide to single me out and mock me when I'm not even here / haven't done anything??? Honestly... ??? Are you serious???? Is this REALLY necessary??? You keep on rudely singling me out like I've done something awful by posting, but when I use usage statistics and damage calculations to back my claims, you ignore me and then proceed to insult me in later posts. You are incredibly condescending and treat me as if I don't know anything, and this is getting quite ridiculous. In addition to the more recent posts I have quoted above, your posts in the CCAT are all rude and insulting and you're really acting like a jerk to me. So stop it. Yes, chances are, this post will be deleted or edited, and I may get an infraction, but I'm tired of being mocked and belittled every time you speak.

(All of these posts were directed at me or about me)

But melee mewtwo, we already decided on dialga and we already agreed on no more revoting. And blitzlefan was so insistent on it, people thought dialga could check ghostceus. So now we're forced to pick gira-o to stop blaziken and then we have to pick a 6th mon to stop ghostceus from steamrolling us.

Also remember according to blitzle ghostceus is RARE because its ONLY seen on 15% of teams so its not worth getting a decent check/counter for. I mean sure it's rank 15 on usage but blitzle doesn't agree with getting a check to anything past rank 7 on usage. So mehs

Check usage stats for once please. Also you're completely wrong if you think dragon tail and shadow sneak ignore speed. But lets digress since you can't seem to get anything without three or four posts and even then you still wouldn't understand.

Earthquake is for escadrill/tenta/dialga which it will outspeed or in exca's case kill. Dragon tail and shadow sneak do not bypass speed. They lower your priority but if a Pokemon uses the same priority then speed begins to matter again. So against pokes like groudon who cannot harm gira-o effectively bar stone miss they'll be forced to phaze in which case we outspeed and phaze instead thus racking up hazard damage.
@Sweep You forgot to mention blaziken, which absolutely steamrolls our whole team if it gets a swords dance which isn't too unlikely on a -2 latios.

Gira-a is automatically unusable because of the fact that it "kills" momentum which everyone will try and avoid, same with sableye. So that leaves us with only offensive checks like gira-o, ghostceus and rayquaza. There are problems with each one of those though.

Rayquaza - No spinblocker which means forry can come in on latios/dialga and just rapid spin with no worries.
Gira-o - Has no reliable recovery and will easily be worn down though the secondary check to ekiller is nice.
Ghostceus - Blitzlefan already convinced everyone in the CCAT that physical ghostceus is unviable and wouldn't be used after we brought it up a few pages back, which leaves us with cm variants since support ghostceus kills momentum. Using cm ghostceus means our weather sweeper problem is still there and forces us to make risky moves to play around.

Ultimately no matter what pokemon we decide to run we still remain incredibly weak to something in one way or another. The best option would be to replace dialga but since we already voted on that we're stuck with said weaknesses.

Although Forretress does discourage the usage of entry hazards while it's in play, it very rarely provides "pressure", seeing as it has rather mediocre offensive stats and is rarely used in an offensive manner. Also, Deoxys-S, Deoxys-A, Dialga, and Groudon all have moves commonly used to effectively beat Forretress, namely Fire Punch, Hidden Power Fire, Fire Blast, and Fire Punch/Fire Blast/Overheat, in that order.
It forces your opponent to switch into their spin blocker aka applying pressure. But then again you don't understand the concept of defensive pressure. Those mons that you mentioned rarely run those moves and if they did a combination of sturdy + custap berry still allows the forry user to get ahead.

Anyways... I think that Arceus-Normal definitely deserves his spot as an S-rank mon. Even when you prepare for them, with one misplay, Arceus-Normal becomes devastating, as the combination of Swords Dance and priority STAB ExtremeSpeed is extremely effective, and scores a multitude of OHKOs with Stealth Rock. Also, Arceus-Normal has excellent 120/120/120 bulk and unlike other Arceus forms, has access to a variety of items (eg Life Orb, Silk Scarf, Leftovers, etc.).

Lastly, though it's rather poorly formatted (ain't nobody got time fo dat), this is a list of a LOT of Ubers mons that get OHKO'd or severly crippled by +2 Arceus-Normal.

Manaphy (Uber Calm Mind) ExtremeSpeed 80.44 - 95.04% Earthquake 55.94 - 65.84%
Genesect (Uber Placeholder) Earthquake 83.39 - 98.23% ExtremeSpeed 59.71 - 70.67%
Mewtwo (Uber Support (StallTwo)) ExtremeSpeed 85.33 - 100.48% Shadow Claw 83.17 - 98.07%
Ho-Oh (Uber Tank) ExtremeSpeed 85.54 - 100.72% Shadow Claw 41.68 - 49.15%
Arceus-Poison (Uber Calm Mind) Earthquake 86.48 - 102.25% ExtremeSpeed 62.38 - 73.64%
Arceus-Rock (Uber Mono-Attacker) Earthquake 86.93 - 102.7% ExtremeSpeed 31.3 - 36.93%
Arceus-Steel (Uber Calm Mind) Earthquake 87.13 - 102.93% ExtremeSpeed 31.37 - 37.02%
Kyogre (Uber Thunder Wave) ExtremeSpeed 87.62 - 103.21% Earthquake 60.89 - 71.78%
Kyogre (Uber SubCM) ExtremeSpeed 87.87 - 103.46% Earthquake 61.13 - 72.02%
Mewtwo (Uber Bulky Attacker) ExtremeSpeed 87.87 - 103.46% Shadow Claw 85.64 - 100.99%
Kyogre (Uber SubCM [Drizzle]) ExtremeSpeed 87.87 - 103.46% Earthquake 61.13 - 72.02%
Kyurem-W (Uber Choice Specs) ExtremeSpeed 90.79 - 106.9% Earthquake 63.17 - 74.42%
Manaphy (Uber Tail Glow) ExtremeSpeed 95.02 - 112.28% Earthquake 66.08 - 77.77%
Dialga (Uber Bulk Up + RestTalk) Earthquake 95.04 - 112.37% ExtremeSpeed 34.15 - 40.34%
Dialga (Uber Special Attacker) Earthquake 95.54 - 112.87% ExtremeSpeed 34.4 - 40.59%
Zekrom (Uber Substitute + Hone Claws) Earthquake 95.54 - 112.87% ExtremeSpeed 69.05 - 81.18%
Dialga (Uber Defensive) Earthquake 95.54 - 112.87% ExtremeSpeed 34.4 - 40.59%
Zekrom (Uber Choice Band) Earthquake 95.54 - 112.87% ExtremeSpeed 69.05 - 81.18%
Mewtwo (Uber Psycho Killer) ExtremeSpeed 100.28 - 118.07% Shadow Claw 97.74 - 115.25%
Ho-Oh (Uber Choice Scarf) ExtremeSpeed 100.28 - 118.13% Shadow Claw 48.72 - 57.5%
Rayquaza (Uber Choice Band) ExtremeSpeed 100.85 - 118.8% Shadow Claw 49 - 57.83%
Rayquaza (Uber Dragon Dance) ExtremeSpeed 101.13 - 119.08% Shadow Claw 49.28 - 58.11%
Arceus-Steel (Uber Swords Dance) Earthquake 100.78 - 119.16% ExtremeSpeed 36.22 - 42.78%
Arceus-Fire (Uber Calm Mind) Earthquake 100.78 - 119.16% ExtremeSpeed 72.7 - 85.82%
Kyurem-W (Uber Choice Scarf) ExtremeSpeed 101.27 - 119.18% Earthquake 70.33 - 82.86%
Palkia (Uber Choice Specs) ExtremeSpeed 100.93 - 119.25% Earthquake 70.18 - 82.6%
Arceus-Rock (Uber Offensive Calm Mind) Earthquake 101.04 - 119.37% ExtremeSpeed 36.38 - 42.93%
Arceus-Electric (Uber Calm Mind) Earthquake 101.04 - 119.37% ExtremeSpeed 73.03 - 85.86%
Arceus-Rock (Uber Swords Dance) Earthquake 101.04 - 119.37% ExtremeSpeed 36.38 - 42.93%
Kyogre (Uber Choice Scarf) ExtremeSpeed 103.8 - 122.22% Earthquake 72.22 - 85.08%
Dialga (Uber Choice Scarf) Earthquake 109.03 - 128.81% ExtremeSpeed 39.26 - 46.32%
Rayquaza (Uber Mixed Dancer) ExtremeSpeed 112.82 - 132.76% Shadow Claw 54.7 - 64.67%
Palkia (Uber Choice Scarf) ExtremeSpeed 113.08 - 133.02% Earthquake 78.19 - 92.21%
Zekrom (Uber Choice Scarf) Earthquake 112.86 - 133.33% ExtremeSpeed 81.57 - 95.9%
Zekrom (Uber Tailwind) Earthquake 113.19 - 133.72% ExtremeSpeed 81.81 - 96.18%
Deoxys-S (Uber Dual Screens) ExtremeSpeed 116.77 - 137.5% Shadow Claw 113.81 - 134.21%
Zekrom (Uber Mixed Attacker) Earthquake 117.16 - 138.41% ExtremeSpeed 84.19 - 99.18%
Shaymin-S (Uber Choice Specs) ExtremeSpeed 120.82 - 142.52% Shadow Claw 58.94 - 69.5%
Shaymin-S (Uber Special Sweeper) ExtremeSpeed 121.53 - 143.36% Shadow Claw 59.29 - 69.91%
Darkrai (Uber Choice Scarf) ExtremeSpeed 125.88 - 148.22% Earthquake 87.58 - 103.19%
Darkrai (Uber Double Status) ExtremeSpeed 125.97 - 148.39% Earthquake 87.54 - 103.2%
Dialga (Uber Mixed) Earthquake 126.09 - 148.97% ExtremeSpeed 45.16 - 53.37%
Tornadus-T (Uber Choice Specs) ExtremeSpeed 130.43 - 153.51% Shadow Claw 63.54 - 74.91%
Tornadus-T (Uber Life Orb Attacker) ExtremeSpeed 130.76 - 154.51% Shadow Claw 63.87 - 75.25%
Reshiram (Uber Sunny Day) Earthquake 131.96 - 155.42% ExtremeSpeed 95.01 - 112.02%
Reshiram (Uber Substitute) Earthquake 132.16 - 155.55% ExtremeSpeed 95.02 - 112.28%
Thundurus (Uber Prankster) ExtremeSpeed 144.81 - 170.56% Shadow Claw 70.56 - 83.27%
Deoxys-S (Uber Suicide Lead) ExtremeSpeed 147.3 - 173.44% Shadow Claw 143.56 - 169.29%
Reshiram (Uber Flame Charge) Earthquake 147.21 - 173.6% ExtremeSpeed 106.45 - 125.21%
Deoxys (Uber Offensive Dual Screens) ExtremeSpeed 155.24 - 183.06% Shadow Claw 150.8 - 178.22%
Excadrill (Uber Bulky Rapid Spin) Earthquake 168.39 - 198.51% ExtremeSpeed 60.74 - 71.35%
Excadrill (Uber Offensive Swords Dance) Earthquake 188.39 - 222.09% ExtremeSpeed 67.95 - 79.83%
Blaziken (Uber Swords Dance) Earthquake 200.66 - 236.42% ExtremeSpeed 144.03 - 169.86%
Deoxys-A (Uber Life Orb) ExtremeSpeed 418.25 - 492.11% Shadow Claw 406.63 - 478.83%
Deoxys-A (Uber Focus Sash Attacker) ExtremeSpeed 467.21 - 550.2% Shadow Claw 454.77 - 535.26%

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Kyu-B's main niche is being able to check both Groudon and Kyogre at the same time without being locked into the same move with a choice item, while also not being forced out by Chansey/Blissey, Ho-oh and Reshiram (something Grass Arceus and Skymin can't do).
The mixed LO set is the best way to do so.
While it's true that Kyu-W can OHKO both of them with Draco Meteor, it will be forced out the next turn. That's where Kyu-B comes in.

It should not be compared to Zekrom (who, by the way, has a hard time switching on Groudon and Kyogre because of its ground and ice weaknesses - which Kyu-B lacks) because they're not meant to be played the same way.

I find Kyu-B to work best in sand teams since they usually struggle against the uber weather inducers. Its not meant to sweep anyway, just get rid of Groudon and/or Kyogre (if they're still around the weather will likely not be sandstorm so you won't have to worry about passive damage) and you're good to go.
Even if you don't manage to do that, the mixed LO set is going to punch some pretty big holes into whatever switches in.

The niche of being able of checking Groudon and Kyogre is big enough to warrant at the very least a B-rank.

Kyurem-b is one of the better mixed attackers in the tier. A STAB ice beam and Outrage will do massive damage to many foes. Furthermore, Kyurem-B has a good typing in the metagame because it literally laughs at kyogre, who will be hard-pressed to tank repetitive fusion bolts. A Life orb Ice beam also deals great damage to groudon, lugia ETC. Kyurem-b also sits at an impressive speed tier, as base 95 speed outpaces Ho-oh, reshiram, zekrom and giritina. While kyurem-b is often shafted in favor of kyurem-w, Kyurem-w will usually be spmming draco meteors, which forces it to switch out and take even more damage from entry hazards. Kyurem-b does not face this flaw because its main move, outrage, has a smaller side effect. Kyurem-b may not be the greatest dragon type, but it still deserves to be B-rank instead of being in the same rank as trash like slamence and Qwilfish.

Um, wow, that caused quite the response. I'm kind of disappointed my other nominations were lost in the EK frenzy, so I'll say now that I'm fine with keeping EK in S, it was just a suggestion.

So how do you guys feel about Hippo in B, Aboma in C, and Dialga in S?

I'd also like to nominate Sawsbuck for C rank too. Blisteringly fast under the sun, with an SD under its belt it's very hard to stop the little deer, hitting almost everything in the tier hard with its STABs and Jump Kick. However it's very hard to switch in, and lacks immediate power, so I think C rank is fair?

Sorry about nomming so much at once, I've been testing a lot of stuff lately.

Hippo deserves B. It's a good physical wall, on par with T-Tar in terms of usefulness.

Never used Abomasnow, probably never will.

As for Dialga, I'd say it deserves to stay in A. Despite its incredible versatility, Dialga does not have the same "fear factor" as the rest of the S tier Pokemon. What I mean by this goes as follows:

If you're unprepared to take on Kyogre, will you lose against a team with Kyogre? Almost certainly.
If you're unprepared to take on Arceus-Normal, will you lose against a team with Arceus-Normal? Almost certainly.
If you're unprepared to take on Arceus-Ghost, will you lose against a team with Arceus-Ghost? Almost certainly.
If you're unprepared to take on Dialga, will you lose against a team with Dialga? There's a pretty decent chance, but it's far less black and white than the other three.

I'm not sure if Dialga's versatility can boost it up, either. Consider the viable Dialga sets:

Defensive (DM/Fire Blast/Filler/Filler)
Choice Specs (DM/Fire Blast/Thunder/Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse)
Choice Scarf (")
RestTalk Bulk Up (Rest/Sleep Talk/Bulk Up/Outrage, Dragon Tail)
Trick Room?

Those are the ones that come to mind. Compare that to, say, Kyogre, keeping in mind that Kyogre has arguably the highest fear factor in the tier.

Choice Specs
Choice Scarf
Thunder Wave
Physdef
SDef
Mono-attacker

Case and point.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Dialga has two problems:
-90 base speed. Considering that Dialga runs support sets more often than not, chances are it will get outpaced by most of the opponent's team.
-subpar special bulk by ubers standards (the same as Groudon), which hurts more than you think when you realize Dialga is somewhat lacking in the specially-based resistances department. It's neutral to the common STAB fire, ice and dragon moves and weak to fighting (fighting-type moves are mostly special in ubers). Ground weakness is nasty too.
It might be the only dragon not weak to dragon, but does it really matter? Can it actually take boosted Outrages and Draco Meteors coming from 150+ attacking stats?

Dialga is certainly useful and versatile, but it can neither sweep entire teams nor wall the absurdly powerful attackers in the tier.
It's probably the best anti-non-ubers-in-ubers pokemon there is (meaning it walks all over Tentacruel, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress and the like) but it has trouble against the actual ubers.
It's a top A pokemon for sure but I don't think it should be placed higher than that.

Hmm, ok. I'm not saying DIalga can tank those hits for days, but it can act as a nice one time check, or if you give it wish support it can make your team a lot stronger against dragon spam. I think you're underestimating how good the typing is, while it is true Dialga's special bulk is sub-par, with max HP and a bit of investment, you can switch in to Palkia, non-specs Kyogre, latias, and other prominent threats. Dialga doesn't hard counter much, but it can check nearly everything in Ubers with the right set. I personally think that exceptional versatility compensates for the fact that it lacks immediate threat, sort of like Garchomp in OU I guess. Maybe the boundaries for S rank are a lot tighter than I thought.

Btw, when will the OP be updated? I think we've at least agreed Hippo is B rank, and I'd be willing to do a write up for it and Sawsbuck if we add that.

Kyurem-b is one of the better mixed attackers in the tier. A STAB ice beam and Outrage will do massive damage to many foes. Furthermore, Kyurem-B has a good typing in the metagame because it literally laughs at kyogre, who will be hard-pressed to tank repetitive fusion bolts. A Life orb Ice beam also deals great damage to groudon, lugia ETC. Kyurem-b also sits at an impressive speed tier, as base 95 speed outpaces Ho-oh, reshiram, zekrom and giritina. While kyurem-b is often shafted in favor of kyurem-w, Kyurem-w will usually be spmming draco meteors, which forces it to switch out and take even more damage from entry hazards. Kyurem-b does not face this flaw because its main move, outrage, has a smaller side effect. Kyurem-b may not be the greatest dragon type, but it still deserves to be B-rank instead of being in the same rank as trash like slamence and Qwilfish.
Gonna bring this point back up since I it needs more discussion.

Anyways, I would like to demote deoxys-n to E-tier. Even though it isn't as unviable as charizard, (I actually think that shedninja is more viable than it) it still is completely outclassed. I would much rather use metagross or mewtwo as a dual screener, and everything else deoxys-n can do, its outclassed by deoxys-s or deoxys-a. Deoxys-n is completely unviable in Ubers, and E-rank is just the rank for it.

Gonna bring this point back up since I it needs more discussion.

Anyways, I would like to demote deoxys-n to E-tier. Even though it isn't as unviable as charizard, (I actually think that shedninja is more viable than it) it still is completely outclassed. I would much rather use metagross or mewtwo as a dual screener, and everything else deoxys-n can do, its outclassed by deoxys-s or deoxys-a. Deoxys-n is completely unviable in Ubers, and E-rank is just the rank for it.
deoxys-n is outclassed, but the e tier is for things that are mediocre/the worst of the worst/complete shit. deoxys-n is not complete shit - it's just outclassed. it's fine where it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)