Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen.

I have a bit of a peculiar question, more regarding ethics.

I recently rebought a copy of Emerald (I lost my previous one), and I was intrigued at the prospect of getting a shiny Mew (By SR'ing on Faraway Island).

The Old Sea Map was never released outside of Japan, so I was wondering whether it'd be justifiable for me to use an Xploder to reach Faraway island, obtain a legitimate Mew, and then change the OT and Country of Origin to Japanese (through Pokegen), so that it would be completely legal.

I'll ask a second question in case that one was just a bit too odd.

Has there ever been an instance where someone has acquired a legitimate shiny Celebi? The only instance that could possibly generate a shiny Celebi I can think of would be the Ageto Celebi from the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc, porting it to the GBA as opposed to the Colo save file.

Gentlemen.

I have a bit of a peculiar question, more regarding ethics.

I recently rebought a copy of Emerald (I lost my previous one), and I was intrigued at the prospect of getting a shiny Mew (By SR'ing on Faraway Island).

The Old Sea Map was never released outside of Japan, so I was wondering whether it'd be justifiable for me to use an Xploder to reach Faraway island, obtain a legitimate Mew, and then change the OT and Country of Origin to Japanese (through Pokegen), so that it would be completely legal.

I'll ask a second question in case that one was just a bit too odd.

Has there ever been an instance where someone has acquired a legitimate shiny Celebi? The only instance that could possibly generate a shiny Celebi I can think of would be the Ageto Celebi from the Japanese Colosseum bonus disc, porting it to the GBA as opposed to the Colo save file.
Celebi cannot be shiny in any shape or forme, bar in G/S/C but that's irrelevant. The Ageto Disc has a shiny check which prevents the Celebi from being shiny.

Celebi cannot be shiny in any shape or forme, bar in G/S/C but that's irrelevant. The Ageto Disc has a shiny check which prevents the Celebi from being shiny.
I knew about that, but I thought the shiny check only applied if you sent it to Colo, as opposed to sending it to your GBA.

I've seen instances where people have managed to get Shiny WISHMKR Jirachis, so I was wondering if the same applied here.

Thanks, regardless.

Ok, now here:

Some months ago I finally have beaten Silver in Pokémon Stadium 2 and gave me the possibility to play Round 2.

I know, that the battles will be much harder now, so I start training a lot.

Actually, tha is what I´ve got / can use for those battles, but I´m not satisfied at all and need some help. I do Stat Exp Trainiing, even if it need hours to complete. (Since i don´t know the IV´s I will post the stats in a spoiler)

For thos who doesn´know the rules:
- 3 Pokémon every Battle
- No double Items
- No double Pokémon
- Level 50-55
- The total Level of your Team needs to be 155 or lower
- Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi are not allowed
- If your last Pokémon died because of Explosion, Selfdestruct, Destiny Bond or Perish Song, you will lose

Thats my actual "Team"

Lv 55
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Fireblast

HP: 214
Atk: 196
Def: 162
SpA: 145
SpD: 151
Spd: 113

I have some problems with getting TM´s, but since I will get my GB Transferer 2 and some Batteries soon I can solve this problem and can change this Set.
Earthquake is very powerful and Rock Slide is pretty awesome, even if it´s hard to get a flinch because of his speed.
Fireblast is for Skarmory and other Steel Pokémon. Also some Grass Pokémon can be hitten very hard.
Crunch ist just a "filler" and will be changed I think.
Some "Ideas"
Curse, Rest (combined with a berry I think) > Crunch and whatever

Lv 50
~ Psychic
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunder Punch

HP: 139
Atk: 84
Def: 78
SpA: 185
SpD: 135
Spd: 170

Kazam is frail as hell. It´s like hit and run. It destroyed nearly everything in Round 1 and was along with TTar the most used Pokémon. It´s pool can hit everything without nearly no problems.
Psychic is just powerful and can hit a lot, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch gives me a nearly perfect coverage (249 of 251 Pokémon) and Fire Punch can destroy ever Steel Type.
The problem is, as I mentionded, the nearly non existing bulk. Especially it´s physical bulk is, yeah ...

Lv 50
~ Eearthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Fire Blast
~ Bonemerang

HP: 159
Atk: 120
Def: 143
SpA: 93
SpD: 123
Spd: 87

I know, that set sucks :x
I can get something like curse, Swords Dance or sth like that very soon I think, but his Speed is just crap.
It took me a lot to train it, but is it necessary to use another Pokémon?
Earthquake and Rock Slide are pretty strong and useful and have a nice coverage, Bonemerang is just a Filler and Fire Blast, yeah, don´t ask. But it can help me to take Skarm down! (Thick Club + RS on Max Def/HP Skarm
The Item I would use is of course Thick Club.

Lv 50
~ Thunderbolt
~ Fire Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Mimic

HP: 146
Atk: 98
Def: 97
SpA: 163
SpD: 108
Spd: 146

I need Mimic because of the Shiny Ditto Glitch. And yeah, thats a Shiny.
It´s VERY simillar to Kazam, I know, even the set is the same and 2 weaknesses. But it´s Shiny *-*
Since I got a new battery I will try the IV transfer Glitch with Silver and Pokémon Stadium 2, so I have access to much more shiny Pokémon with decent Stats.

Lv 48
~ Leech Seed
~ Giga Drain
~ Protect
~ Mud-Slap

HP: 149
Atk: 105
Def: 106
SpA: 116
SpD: 116
Spd: 94

Last slot is of course a filler, don´t know, why the Venesaur knows it.
Leech Seed + Protect + Giga Drain is pretty annoying, the Item would be Leftovers I think. But I´m not that satisfied with that Idea, it was just something to stop water, even if Starmie can do it better (but it´s like Gengar and Kazam ...)
I think there is a lot much better. I have access to Toxic soon, so I can make a pretty annoying Annoyer x]
Venusaur is the ONLY Pokémon which can handle Water, but most Water-Mons can learn Ice Beam, so I should change to some Water Thingy I think (Feraligatr, Starmie, Slowbro)

So, most of this Team is already done, my Idea for the 6th Slot was Hercross, I´m training a first one at the moment, since it learns Megahorn pretty late, so I will use it for breeding.

Would look like this:

~ Megahorn
~ Reversal
~ Earthquake
~ Endure

Something like that lol (no stats, because I don´t even have it)
Would be the only Lax and Bliss Counter.

Ideas for different Pokémon:

King of GSC. After I got Curse I can train one.
Curse/Bodyslam or Return/Rest/STalk

In combination with Marowak a decent Combo. But it´s hard to get a nice HP, so the Set would look like TBolt/Bite/Agility/Pass

I have actually no access to Gon2, Steelix, Slowking, Kingdra, Politoed and Scizor - maybe later. With Blue and the Mew-Ditto Glitch I can get every Pokémon I want from 1-151 on Level 7 (or lower, but it´s useless in this case ^^)

So, some ideas? What can I change? Thanks for every useful tip and sorry for my bad english.

Do you know which Pokemon not nicknamed cannot be traded via GTS? Apart from the known Weedle and Cofagrius we have found out that for some reason English Marshtomp and Skuntank cannot be traded.

Why can the latter ones not be traded?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Do you know which Pokemon not nicknamed cannot be traded via GTS? Apart from the known Weedle and Cofagrius we have found out that for some reason English Marshtomp and Skuntank cannot be traded.

Why can the latter ones not be traded?
Errrm... Marshtomp and... Um... the latter is a little more obvious. Take away the S and the Ank.... D: Even though both are misspelled, that is how they are pronounced so I guess they blocked them on those grounds.

are we allowed to talk about the mods because birkal is awesome and nice and 21 every day

but fatecrashers' avatar makes my insides scream like they're being churned by a giant, spiked cake mixer

As long it has something to do with the ongoing topic and as long as you adhere to the rules you can post.

If you need to let a mod know that the avatar is (admittely) unsettling you should do it via visitor's messages or PN.

If you need to let a mod know that the avatar is (admittely) unsettling you should do it via visitor's messages or PN.
lol i can see the response now
dontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredo ntcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredont caredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontca redontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcare dontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredo ntcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredont caredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontca redontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcare dontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredo ntcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredont caredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontca redontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcare dontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredo ntcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredont caredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontca redontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcare dontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredo ntcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredontcaredont care

If I were to level up a pokemon with a rare candy/Join avenue, would the increase in stats be affected by its evs? (I have no clue how I should word this.)

Yes, the level up would be affected by its EVs. Specifically, it'll just make it so, say, it'd calculate level 52 with 100 attack EVs to level 53 with 100 attack EVs and so on for all variants.

On a side note, stat changes to EVs are done immediately after the EVs are gained in gen 5, so there's no more silly +20 or whatever levelups where it stores EVs until the next levelup.

I hope that explained it, it was a bit tricky to word it.

Random question, how do people do nuzlockes with no pokecentre usage? I'd like to do one, but the main thing I can't get around is how you would maintain PP, as there no elixirs early game and you can't buy them from the pokemart.

Random question, how do people do nuzlockes with no pokecentre usage? I'd like to do one, but the main thing I can't get around is how you would maintain PP, as there no elixirs early game and you can't buy them from the pokemart.
struggle is your new friend.

It depends on the specific rules people use. It can be a restriction to 1 heal per center or healing at the center is only used to restore PP (pokemon have to be at full health when healing at the pokecenter).

People play the rules they want in a nuzlocke.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
i believe that reshiram, zekrom, and victini are programmed to never be shiny - the secret id is to be recalculated until it does not match, if i'm not mistaken.
I think this is only the case when you *first* encounter them. If you fail to capture them I think they can re-spawn and possibly be shiny then when you interact with them (At least with Zekrom and Reshiram). I have no idea about Victini.

@The guy with the Stadium 2 Question, Get the Venusaur to 50 to maximise it, and probably roll with a Lv 55 Snorlax to finish off the team.

I distinctly remember people finding out that the Dragonspiral Tower instances of Reshiram/Zekrom in BW also blocked any chances of shininess.

So is shiny Celebi impossible? If so, are there any other Pokemon impossible to be shiny?
You can only get a Shiny Celebi with that IV Transferer Glitch with Pokémon Stadium 2, where you can transfer the IV of a Pokémon to another one.
But that only works in Gen 2. In every other Generation Shiny Celebi is impossible, yeah.

@The guy with the Stadium 2 Question, Get the Venusaur to 50 to maximise it, and probably roll with a Lv 55 Snorlax to finish off the team.
Thanks, I didn´t believe, that I will get an answer xd
After I got the TM I need I will do it.

I distinctly remember people finding out that the Dragonspiral Tower instances of Reshiram/Zekrom in BW also blocked any chances of shininess.
Yeap, it impossible to get there a Shiny, too. A lot of people said, that their got one, but NO ONE has ever proven it.

Maybe a stupid question. I will order a GB Transferer 2 for my Crystal, so that I can swap the battery without losing the save. Since I live in germany, it would need about 2 weeks of waiting. If I´m not playing until this, is there still a chance, that the battery will run dry and delete the save? Would be pretty awful.
Playtime is about 400 hours.

Thanks.

Are there any worthwhile gen 3 tutor moves for Charizard to learn?
BLAST BURN ALL THE THINGS >O

not really, though. if you're using it in gen 5, most of the sets involve tms and natural level-up moves; swords dance is a possibility, but there's a gen 5 tm for that, so there's no real point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)