Hardest Relative NPC

I think getting Dratini itself should be considered a hard NPC because the Voltorb Flip Game is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

On a related note, Whitney is hard if you're playing and don't realize Miltank has Scrappy. Or that your Geodude is only level 16, and that's just not good enough against flinchhax.

Or basically every single available Pokémon besides Onix.
It took me 30 minutes to set up X-Items so I could solo Lance with my last mon left alive.

It took me 15 minutes to get 2100 Coins in the Game Corner.

THANK YOU. Seriously, I get so annoyed with the "Whitney's Miltank" circlejerk. If you have a Geodude (which you should, it's pretty good at this point in the game), then you win.

And seriously, no one in this entire thread has mentioned Red?
The first time I played through HG entirely I beat Red on the first try with a lv. 55 Ho-Oh.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_Route_210#In_Diamond_and_Pearl

Double team Zac and Jen can kill you very easily if you're not well-prepared, especially in a Nuzlocke. Gyarados is always scary and Raichu has a very powerful Thunderbolt at this point.
^This, and some of the Veterans on B2W2s Route 23 and Victory Road are regular trainers that I've had trouble with.

Misty has caused me to throw an old GBA SP at a wall, breaking it.

The first time playing through Platinum, Lucian was a real pain..

And of course I have to mention Whitney, that Miltank was op :[

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
i simply could not understand why my sceptile, with the moveset of cut/flash/rock smash/strength could not beat this duskull of hers. couldn't even touch it, no matter what i did.
LOL ahahahah that must have really sucked to go through.

In my experience, the Voltorb flip game is extremely easy, I save up my coins to obtain lots of TMs. The old Game Corner game in DPPt was impossible though, I never would win it. Ever.

Am I the only one who had trouble with the parasol lady Angelica and cool trainer Leonel below fortree city in emerald route 120?

The parasol lady has a castform lvl 30 and the cool trainer Leonel has a manectric with thunder.
And it is a rain route. 100 accuracy thunder and stab 100 base power weather ball. gg

My team core of blaiziken and azumarril got wrecked.

Am I the only one who had trouble with the parasol lady Angelica and cool trainer below fortree city in emerald route 120?

The parasol lady has a castform lvl 30 and the cool trainer has a manectric with thunder.
And it is a rain route.

gg to my team core of blaiziken and azumarril.
I had a Sceptile.

The dpp game corner games were my favorite play a few times and clefairy comes out and just gives you free coins you may even get explosion

I am quite surprised no one mentioned the doctor on Victory Road. When I saw him, I thought: "Oh, a Doctor! Pokemon will get healed in free!" and frankly, I was wrong. He has a minimize Clefable, which can raise evasion and sweep your entire team. It was hardest battle in my entire life.

I am quite surprised no one mentioned the doctor on Victory Road. When I saw him, I thought: "Oh, a Doctor! Pokemon will get healed in free!" and frankly, I was wrong. He has a minimize Clefable, which can raise evasion and sweep your entire team. It was hardest battle in my entire life.

Aura Sphere Lucario. 90bp + stab + nomiss.

The dpp game corner games were my favorite play a few times and clefairy comes out and just gives you free coins you may even get explosion
explosion? does the machine blow up or something?

that'd be amusing. your character looking at where the thing was with a ouo expression, covered in ashes.

I didn't even have to use Lucario. Haxorus just OHKOed that thing.

explosion? does the machine blow up or something?

that'd be amusing. your character looking at where the thing was with a ouo expression, covered in ashes.
No, the TM for Explosion. If you get 10 Clefairy rounds in a row, not only do you clear about 2500 coins, but you get the Explosion TM. I got to something like level 19 on that game once with a regular clefairy (and yes, you can get a shiny, regular, and ditto pretending to be a Clefairy). It was a cool game, never would have figured that out on my own though.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Uh, I found him really easy to take out with an emolga... and emolga has bad stats.

I suppose aerial ace helped.

The doctor I found hard in that game is actually a nurse in twist mountain with a blissey/chansey (can't remember) when all of my physical attackers has fainted. o_o

For what it's worth, I just did a casual speedrun of Black 1, and based on the only battles I lost, I'm reasonably sure that the hardest relative trainer in Black 1 is Elesa. The main reason for this is that she was the only vaguely difficult trainer who outsped me all game.

For what it's worth, I just did a casual speedrun of Black 1, and based on the only battles I lost, I'm reasonably sure that the hardest relative trainer in Black 1 is Elesa. The main reason for this is that she was the only vaguely difficult trainer who outsped me all game.
The best way to overcome her and her Gym is to use Torment Sandile and Krokorok. By using Torment, you prevent her Pokémon from spamming Aerial Ace, allowing your Sandile/Krokorok to spam away with Rock Tomb and/or Bite, all the while attaining Moxie boosts. That's how I swept her in Black.
In Black 2, my Krokorok was already faster and just OHKOed everything.

I dunno what the big deal with Whitney's Miltank is/was. I can't remember ever having problems with it, in gen 2 or 4.

I will say however, that I stuggled intensely against Cynthia. Granted, I was still fresh then and didn't really know the in's and outs of Physical/Special split or what stats they corresponded to and thus my team largely sucked, but to this day I've never had to reset as many times as I did when I fought her.

Also, her team was RIDICULOUS. Probably as close to a "metagame" team we've seen yet.

At the time I first fought Cynthia, I already learned that Gyarados exist....

That.... kinda killed the whole thing

Also Red is difficult in a rather stupid way. Despite the fact that he is OH SO OVERLEVELLED, Blastoise and Charizard is about the only troublesome pokemon on his team, and even then I can simply tweak my team to include Water Types somewhere, such as Suicune that you can catch for free, and trivialize both of those

I dunno what the big deal with Whitney's Miltank is/was. I can't remember ever having problems with it, in gen 2 or 4.

I will say however, that I stuggled intensely against Cynthia. Granted, I was still fresh then and didn't really know the in's and outs of Physical/Special split or what stats they corresponded to and thus my team largely sucked, but to this day I've never had to reset as many times as I did when I fought her.

Also, her team was RIDICULOUS. Probably as close to a "metagame" team we've seen yet.
Yeah, Cynthia came completely out of left field. Her pokemon were quite a bit high in level, and Garchomp. Cynthia's Garchomp is probably on the same level as Whitney's Miltank, if not close.

Claire. I almost broke my HeartGold cartridge and Nintendo DS.
f0ck off claire

She kicks off with the Gyarados. No problem. My Dragonair from the Game Corner can take it pretty easily.

Then she switches to her 2 Dragonairs. Sure, Dragonair takes it.

Kingdra. And then, Dragonair was suddenly dead. I freaked out. Dragonair was my only chance. I desperately click on my Smoochum. Outspeeded. OHKO`d.

f0ck

I click the shiny Gyarados in hope I can kill it. OHKOd.

f0ck2.

My Ditto, in a hope to pick her Kingdra off. It makes Kingdra in the red-zone. And then: CLAIRE USED AN HYPERPOTION. DITTO = DEAD.

I go onto my Pidgeot. It has no chance. Dead.
I go into my bag, and see I have a revive. YES! GO GO GYARADOS!
I switch in Kingler then. OHKOd.

Gyarados must do this. I wasted all my master potions. I was paralyzed (I forgot she had 1 dragonair living). I killed the Kingdra. I yelled and screamed of happiness.

Then the final battle. Gyarados had to take down Dragonair.
As Dragonair has 1 hitpoint left, I am with a huge smile. I could almost cry of happiness. And then, Gyarados is paralyzed.
Oh well, Gyarados is full health :D
Dragonair used Dragon Pulse! A critical hit!

My right eye twitched. My face turned into pokerface.
I screamed AAAAAAAAAAAAAH and turned off my DS.
f0ck you

I never played HeartGold until that moment anymore. I`ll stick around with White 2.
I will never beat HeartGold. Not unless Claire is deleted from the cartridge.
I hate her Gyarados.
I hate her Dragonairs.
I hate her Kingdra.
I hate her Hyper Potions.
I hate her.

You had a level 61 Tyranitar by the Red battle? The only place to catch Larvitar is in Mt. Silver, at level 20 at best. How much fucking grinding did you have to do?
Well, you can catch it in the Safari Zone at around the same level. But yeah, that takes a lot of grinding...I remember I had a Pupitar Lv. 54 and i ragequit training it because i didn't know when it evolved

The best way to overcome her and her Gym is to use Torment Sandile and Krokorok. By using Torment, you prevent her Pokémon from spamming Aerial Ace, allowing your Sandile/Krokorok to spam away with Rock Tomb and/or Bite, all the while attaining Moxie boosts. That's how I swept her in Black.
In Black 2, my Krokorok was already faster and just OHKOed everything.
In Black 1, you can get a Sturdy Dwebble, set up Stealth Rock, and watch her mons kill themselves.

In Black 2 it just takes longer, but then again I soloed her using a lv. 30 Watchog in my latest Black 2 playthrough.

I, from personal experience, would have to say that one of the hardest trainers in Red/Blue/Yellow is that Cooltrainer in Victory Road with Chansey. If I am not mistaken, Chansey has Minimize; several times, I have been stuck fighting that Chansey after it had already used Minimize quite a few times, and I didn't have Stomp. Needless to say, it's usually always a long battle.

Oh I remember Leaf Green in Victory Road there was a Blissey? And this was when I didn't know about Special Attack and Special Defense and just stats in general, so i had no idea what a fat blubbery shit Blissey is. And so I could not kill it and eventually I blacked out all because I couldn't kill a Blissey fml. Most frustrating thing ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)