Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you check out the Necturna analysis onsite (just uploaded tonight!), you can see some of the primary Necturna sets. The Specially Defensive sets, for example, often prefer Rapid Spin, since Necturna does make for a great spinner. She outclasses most Rapid Spinners in the tier.

In terms of current usage, Necturna only ran Rapid Spin on 2.151% of its sets during the last month. I honestly can't tell you why that's such a low number. In my opinion, she's an excellent Rapid Spinner. Sounds like something solid for you to pursue.

If you check out the Necturna analysis onsite (just uploaded tonight!), you can see some of the primary Necturna sets. The Specially Defensive sets, for example, often prefer Rapid Spin, since Necturna does make for a great spinner. She outclasses most Rapid Spinners in the tier.

In terms of current usage, Necturna only ran Rapid Spin on 2.151% of its sets during the last month. I honestly can't tell you why that's such a low number. In my opinion, she's an excellent Rapid Spinner. Sounds like something solid for you to pursue.
Sure you can, we all know that most people think "Oh, its a pokemon with great stats and Sketch!" So with necty's great stats they are probably thinking she can make an excellent sweeper, which she can. If there is a move that she can't learn, she actually can, just not more than one and people most likely aren't thinking about rapid spin for their one move, they are thinking about powerful moves and such. I would bet my money that most people want her to be a sweeper.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sure you can, we all know that most people think "Oh, its a pokemon with great stats and Sketch!" So with necty's great stats they are probably thinking she can make an excellent sweeper, which she can. If there is a move that she can't learn, she actually can, just not more than one and people most likely aren't thinking about rapid spin for their one move, they are thinking about powerful moves and such. I would bet my money that most people want her to be a sweeper.
This is a very accurate description of how it is actually used. People see the good offenses and want to use all the supurb offensive moves that exist and go for offensive sets. However, with that said, in my experience, defensive sets are where it excels. Rapid Spin and Recover (or Milk Drink =] ) may not be as flashy as Sacred Fire or Shell Smash, but with the stats and typing Necturna has, and with the metagame it is in already having fearsome offensive threats, these defensive roles are generally the better fit.

Where should I post my pokemon CAP project?
I have my pokemon sprites, I want to know how should I structure my pokemon's post, I do not speak much English so I do not understand everything it says in the forum, so if you can help me thank you the lot, I know I i don´t know what should put first in the post, stats, name, type, pokedex, attacks etc, if you could helpme them greatly appreciate it (sorry if I have bad English)

The CAP project is a community venture. Individuals cannot post their own Pokemon.
But you are encouraged to help out in our current CAP, and future CAPs to come!

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i don´t understand how works this thread , is only for vote for a contest participant or I can participate in the CAP design contest?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3480867
(sorry my bad english)
Hello. This place here should give you a good idea of how the project works. Exploring the CAP sub-site further will fill in the blanks regarding our general approach and focus on community input.

The current CAP5 art poll is already underway, meaning the time for submitting artwork has unfortunately passed. You may vote in the poll and the upcoming polls (read the original posts to see how to properly vote), but you cannot submit any artwork of your own at this time. I hope you can stick around for a while until the next project starts and we open up a new art thread, as we always like to encourage new users, especially artists.

Hope this helps!

Bull of Heaven

Do I have to make a CAP at a certant time to put it here?
CAP is a community project. You don't make a CAP on your own and post it; we all make them together through discussion and voting.

Now for a question: I'm working on a rough movepool for CAP5, but it's been a while since I submitted one and the rules changed while I wasn't paying close attention. Is the VGM list completely rigid or somewhat flexible? If I give Nasty Plot to a CAP with 40 SpA, does it still count as a VGM?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As you can see here, starting with our last CAP project Aurumoth, BW2 was out and as such we gave shard tutor moves. This will continue with Malaconda.

But old CAPmons will not get updates.

As you can see here, starting with our last CAP project Aurumoth, BW2 was out and as such we gave shard tutor moves. This will continue with Malaconda.

But old CAPmons will not get updates.
To expand on this, other than possibly new sprites, no CAPs will ever get updated. There are some updates done, but these are not technically canon, so they aren't technically updated.

what's the legal status of any CAP on smogon? are they the property of the ones that drew them, the site as a whole, some other weird setup, or public domain? i'm not thinking of stealing one or anything; it's more a matter of curiosity, and if anyone knows the answer or not.

what's the legal status of any CAP on smogon? are they the property of the ones that drew them, the site as a whole, some other weird setup, or public domain? i'm not thinking of stealing one or anything; it's more a matter of curiosity, and if anyone knows the answer or not.
I think, as a point, almost everything on Smogon isn't "trademarkable." I mean, we're dealing with an existing company that is the legal domain of Nintendo and Game Freak.

However, I think that the CAPs here are collaborated on, so as a point, those who contribute are the legal owners of the CAP they helped on, due to the fact that any self-made creation is owned by the creator, such as drawings and such.

But I don't think they're trademarked...so I think it's more of a virtue thing to credit Smogon.

I'm currently working on a movepool for Malaconda, and I have a quick question before I really get underway.

In the second post of the non-attacking moves discussion, there is a short list of moves that are "excluded for being non-competitive" (it starts with Acid Armor). I'm not sure if this means that they are excluded from the discussion, or excluded from the submissions. Basically, is it legal for me to put one of these moves in my movepool?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It means they are excluded from discussions. If a move is considered non-competitive, it is automatically allowed in movepool submissions.

So, question about how the Movepool Limit Thread works.

What are you looking for in a constructive post? How do we determine the actual moveset limit? Are we meant to submit preliminary movesets within the actual VGM limit Birkal outlined, discuss and analyze them, and then adjust the real limit afterward?

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
No, the discussion is only about the numbers themselves; actual movepools aren't discussed until the limits are set. In practice people are likely to be considering their own draft movepool submissions if they have them, but in theory the discussion should simply be about how many moves and VGMs the CAP needs.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The only one remotely close would probably be Aurumoth and even then you'd be hard pressed to call it "broken." Krill might be another contender, possibly.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hello guys, do you make CAP for UU or Uber tiers? (sorry if this is answered already):x
Not currently. I know there is/was PRC topics about this...

Errrm, try reading through this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3470798. I am not sure what came of it apart form putting the idea out there. However, I know it is a view of some of the people here that we do try and move out of OU and try to create something for other metagames.

i believe it's been mentioned in the past that cap is simply not popular enough to branch out from things aside from ou. it needs to generate as much interest as possible, and ou is the most popular tier.

I would like to know when CAP 16 concept polls will take place, if the date has been scheduled. I have a concept I wish to submit.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I would like to know when CAP 16 concept polls will take place, if the date has been scheduled. I have a concept I wish to submit.
CAP5 is not yet over, and there's usually a 2-3 month hiatus between one cap and the next one, so I guess we won't see CAP6 before July - August or something like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)