Wild Ones

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Wild Ones

Introduction

Hello once again, my fellow Smogonites, this is Dr Ciel here, with my 6th RMT on these forums, and my first NU RMT ever, so I'm glad that you people are here to read it. Normally, you would be finding me dominating the OU tier with my hyper offensive teams, but this time, I have a team with a certian Pokemon that I have found who has a similar role to a Pokemon up in the OU tier. This is a team that I have found very successful, despite the fact that my NU career had just started the other day, I have found it to be a very interesting tier, and this team has compiled a 13 - 7 record on the NU ladder after only 20 battles with an ACRE sitting at 1513 (Which I would normally view as under average, but I've never played in this tier competitively before, so I view it as a very solid score). Anyway, this team is build around a future common threat in the version of SubSalac Samurott. Samurott is already a huge threat in the NU tier, just the exact same way as Terrakion is a huge threat in the OU tier (If you played OU, you know how strong Terrakion is). Now, the team is called Wild Ones, a song by American rapper Flo Rida, the song I listened to while I was building this team. The playstyle of this team is Bulky Offense, revolving around the wallbreaking of Sawk, the hazard laying of Cacturne & Armaldo, in order to clear a path for Samurott to sweep the opponents team. Well, that's enough introduction for my team for now. Just pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea, and enjoy reading this RMT!

Team At A Glance

|
|
|
|
|

In Depth Look

-----------------------------

Right Round

Right Round (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick​

First up is my usual lead and crippler here, the ever so common Choice Scarf Rotom-S. Rotom-S usually leads off the match for me, as it does well against most leads, bar Golem. This is a fairly simple EV spread, with Max Special Attack and Speed to maximize it's attacking power, as it is able to outspeed opposing Gardevoir, Sawk, and Pinsir, Pokemon it would not be able to normally outspeed if it was carrying a Modest Nature. Now, onto the moveset and the explaination of the moves and why I have chosen them. My first move on Rotom-S is Volt Switch, a solid STAB move for it, as it provides momentum for the offensive Pokemon in my team, Cacturne, Sawk and sometimes even Skuntank. Moving on, my next move on the fan is Air Slash, another one of Rotom-S' STAB moves, gives him a solid move to net KO's on most Grass types in the tier, such as Torterra, Leafeon, and fighting types such as Gurdurr and Sawk. The next move on the set, Thunderbolt, allows him to nab KO's on most of the Birds in the tier, most notably Swellow & Braviary, both big threats to my team. Finally, we have our last move, Trick, which cripples opposing walls trying to cause some trouble, walls such as Lickilicky, Golem, Camerupt, Misdreavus and many others have their days ruined when they are Tricked the unforgiving Scarf.​

------------------------------

Good Feeling
Good Feeling (Cacturne) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch​

Up next is my Offensive Spiker, and everyone's favourite desert cactus, Spikes + Swords Dance Cacturne. The main point of Cacturne is to provide my team with those unforgiving Spikes, which assist in making Samurotts job so so much easier. Once again, we have a fairly standard EV spread, with Maximum investment in Attack to provide a punch while the maximum investment in Speed allow Cacturne to outspeed most of the Pokemon in it's speed tier, Pokemon such as Eelektross and Armaldo. I went with Focus Sash, as it guaranteeing 2 layers of Spikes on the opponents field, if not, 3. Now, let me move onto the explanation of the moves and what they do. Obviously, on a Spikes user, you have to have Spikes, which cripple most grounded opponents, and rack up some excellent prior damage, making them easier to wear down. The next move on this set, Swords Dance is an excellent move on this set, allowing Cacturne to hit threats very hard due to it's base 115 Attack stat. Up next, we have Seed Bomb, the primary move for hitting Bulky Waters in the tier, most notably Alomomola. Finally Sucker Punch is an excellent STAB move for Cacturne, as it KO's so many Pokemon who think they are going to KO Cacturne.​

Let It Roll
Let It Roll (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off​

Up next in my team, we have my second of 2 hazard setters, and one of my favourite fossil mons, the ever loved Armaldo. Armaldo is the Stealth Rock setter on my team and my Physical Wall, as well as my Rapid Spinner, and it does both of those jobs extremely well. Once again, the EV's are fairly standard, with maximum investment in both HP and Defense, along with an Impish Nature, making Armaldos defensive capabilitied as efficent as possible. Now, let's get on to the moveset for this weird armadillo. The first move on this set, is also, interestingly enough, the most important move. Rapid Spin allows Armaldo to keep the battlefield clear of hazards, and is used for most notably keeping Samurott at full health, which he needs to sweep the opponents team. The next move in this moveset, Stealth Rock is able to get set up multiple times over the course of the match due to Armaldos insane bulk. Up next, we have a great move in Rock Blast, which breaks the Substitutes of some very common Sub users in NU, most notably Kadabra, Haunter and the big one, in Ninjask. Finally, we have an interesting move choice in Knock Off, which cripples Eviolite and Choice Scarf users, making the former easier to hit harder, and the latter easier to outspeed, so it's a very solid move on this set, in my opinion.​

Whistle
Whistle (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake​

Up next on my team, we have one of the greatest wallbreakers in any metagame, and one of the strongest as well, Choice Band Sawk. Obviously, Sawk is my wallbreaker, as when it's holding a Choice Band and an Adamant Nature, it's Attack stat skies to an unbelievable 531. The EV spread here is nothing special, with Max Attack to hit that magical Attack stat, and max Speed in order to get the jump on most high speed threats in the NU tier, of which there are many. Now, let's discuss one of the most famous movesets in this tier. Up first, we have Close Combat, an excellent high powered STAB move, as it will absolutely obliterate anything that doesn't resist it. The next move on this set, Ice Punch is an excellent choice, as it can 2HKO Eviolite Tangela after Stealth Rock, as well as hitting Vileplume and Golurk for some excellent damage, 2HKOing the former and OHKOing the latter, if I remember correctly. Up next, we have the ever useful Stone Edge, which helps Sawk hit Pokemon that can tank a Close Combat, Pokemon such as Volbeat, Pinsir, and Sawk all get destroyed by this move. Earthquake rounds off Sawks coverage, by providing it a way to hit non Air Balloon Garbodor, which otherwise walls this set cold, as well as hitting the rare non Air Balloon Arbok, as well as Muk, 2 Pokemon that are not really common in the tier, but can pose a threat if used correctly.​

I Cry
I Cry (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt​

Up next, we have a stinky skunk, that most NU players seem to like, I present to you, my Bulky Attacker Skuntank. Now, as if it weren't already clear enough, Skuntank is my bulky attacker on this team, and it does an excellent job at doing so. The EV's here may be a little complicated, but I know the experienced users know them, and I shall explain them right now. The maximum investment in Attack and an Adamant Nature, Skuntank is able to deal some huge damage to opposing Pokemon, most notably as the Psychic variety, meanwhile, the Speed EV's are to outspeed Adamant Torterra, while the rest of the EV's are dumped into Special Defense for some bulkiness. Now, allow me to explain the moves on this set and what they do. The first move in this set, Sucker Punch, deals some huge damage to the multitude of Psychic type Pokemon in the tier, such as Gardevoir, Exeggutor, Musharna, and many many others, as there are too many to count. Up next on the set, Pursuit, allows Skuntank to hit most of the Pokemon that like to switch out of Skuntank, most notably Psychic and Ghost types. Up next on this set, we have an excellent STAB move in Poison Jab, which hits the likes of Tangela, most notably for some excellent damage. Finally, Taunt cripples those who attempt to cripple Skuntank itself, trying to burn him with the ever infamous Will-O-Wisp.​

Wild Ones
Wild Ones (Samurott) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam​

We have finally come to the star of the team, and the main sweeper of it, one of the greatest sets I have ever found in my NU career, SubSalac Samurott. Now, as I have said before, Samurott is the main special sweeper in this team, and it does a phenomenal job at doing that, which is why it is on my team. The EV spread once again is simple, with Maximum Special Attack investment as well as max investment in Speed in order to outspeed many of the Pokemon in it's speed tier when Salac Berry activates at 25% health. Now, on to the final moveset and what they do and how the help Samurott absolutely obliterate the entire opposition. First up, we have Substitute, which obviously helps activate Salac Berry when Samurott is at 25% health or lower. Surf is an excellent STAB move, which hits everything that doesn't resist it extremely hard, and it hits even harder when Samurotts trademark ability, Torrent kicks into effect. Up next, we have a solid move in the form of HP Grass, which hits those bulky water types for some super effective damage, especially the likes of Alomomola, Seismitoed, and many many other Water types that may be lurking in the NU tier. Finally, we have Ice Beam, which allows Samurott to hit Grass types such as Tangela and Vileplume and Dragon types such as Altaria and Vileplume for some super effective damage, as they would otherwise wall this set to death.​

Importable
[Please keep the nicknames if you use this team]​
Code:
[LEFT]Right Round (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Good Feeling (Cacturne) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Let It Roll (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Whistle (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake[/LEFT]

[LEFT]I Cry (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Wild Ones (Samurott) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam[/LEFT]

Conclusion
Well, we're happy that you made it this far, so congratulations for doing so. I would like to give a huge shoutout to my music, which kept me motivated. . Also, I want to give you a shoutout to you guys for reading this RMT. I hope you liked it, so please feel free to rate and please leave a Luvdisc

Final Glance

|
|
|
|

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
rotom-s can pick apart this team quite easily since you have nothing to absorb volt switch. it can ohko half of your members and will generally do a lot of damage against your team whenever it enters the match. fighting-types can also give you a lot of trouble since rotom-s is your only resistance to the type. it is still 2hkoed by choice band close combat from primeape and sawk which makes it very unreliable. to fix these problems you can run golurk over armaldo. your team doesn't need rapid spin very badly since you only have one stealth rock weak pokemon. what you gain is an electric and fighting type immunity which are crucial in the current metagame.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
rotom-s can pick apart this tam quite easily since you have nothing to absorb volt switch. it can ohko half of your members and will generally do a lot of damage against your team whenever it enters the match. fighting-types can also give you a lot of trouble since rotom-s is your only resistance to the type. it is still 2hkoed by choice band close combat from primeape and sawk which makes it very unreliable. to fix these problems you can run golurk over armaldo. your team doesn't need rapid spin very badly since you only have one stealth rock weak pokemon. what you gain is an electric and fighting type immunity which are crucial in the current metagame.

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
Thabks for the rate FLCL! I'll definitely give Golurk a try and give results.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Dr Ciel! This is a pretty decent team (I actually tested it out to see what I feel could be altered) and there's not much that stands out to me. Considering that this is your first NU RMT, it stands out as one of the best. Flying-types stand out as a problem, since Rotom-S is the only thing that can take Brave Birds and Hurricanes reliably.

I suggest at least 54 Spe EVs on Skuntank to outpace Speed creeping 40 Spe Misdreavus. Missy can't afford to continue the Speed creep war unlike Skuntank, so you should always aim to outpace it so it can't Will-O-Wisp your whole team.

Other less important changes would be Hydro Pump over Surf on Samurott for the power boost, while Garbodor is a decent replacement over Cacturne as a Spiker. Then that means you wouldn't need to replace Armaldo, though Golem would also be suitable in that place (for an Electric immunity and a Flying resist).

Good luck with your team, and I hope to see in around NU more! :toast:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey Dr Ciel! This is a pretty decent team (I actually tested it out to see what I feel could be altered) and there's not much that stands out to me. Considering that this is your first NU RMT, it stands out as one of the best. Flying-types stand out as a problem, since Rotom-S is the only thing that can take Brave Birds and Hurricanes reliably.

I suggest at least 54 Spe EVs on Skuntank to outpace Speed creeping 40 Spe Misdreavus. Missy can't afford to continue the Speed creep war unlike Skuntank, so you should always aim to outpace it so it can't Will-O-Wisp your whole team.

Other less important changes would be Hydro Pump over Surf on Samurott for the power boost, while Garbodor is a decent replacement over Cacturne as a Spiker. Then that means you wouldn't need to replace Armaldo, though Golem would also be suitable in that place (for an Electric immunity and a Flying resist).

Good luck with your team, and I hope to see in around NU more! :toast:
Those seem like some very good ideas, albiet being some small changes. I'll be sure to try them out, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)