Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have an odd question that I hope I can explain correctly. If it's correct, then that'd be cool.

Suppose I want to RNG an egg on Emerald, so that it is shiny on my FireRed cartridge. For that to work, I would need to search for a shiny egg frame that is possible with the TID/SID combo from FireRed. Once I find one, I would hit my frame on Emerald and trade the egg to FireRed and hatch it there. It would then be shiny.

Is this all correct?

I have an odd question that I hope I can explain correctly. If it's correct, then that'd be cool.

Suppose I want to RNG an egg on Emerald, so that it is shiny on my FireRed cartridge. For that to work, I would need to search for a shiny egg frame that is possible with the TID/SID combo from FireRed. Once I find one, I would hit my frame on Emerald and trade the egg to FireRed and hatch it there. It would then be shiny.

Is this all correct?
Sounds right to me.

First Shiny Emerald Version

Is it correct that there is no way to RNG abuse in Emerald without knowing your SID, and this can only be found by already capturing a shiny randomly encountered in the wild? I want to know what 'm getting into before I invest 30+ hours into playing through emerald just to get RNGed 3rd gen legendaries.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it correct that there is no way to RNG abuse in Emerald without knowing your SID, and this can only be found by already capturing a shiny randomly encountered in the wild? I want to know what 'm getting into before I invest 30+ hours into playing through emerald just to get RNGed 3rd gen legendaries.
correct, TID and SID are generated separately.

transfer something to gen IV and check its SID there, or if you have access to the game's save file - use a gen3 save editor like enciclopedia pokemon / pokeboxGBA to check the SID.

When you say transfer "something" to gen IV and check its SID there, does that something have to be a shiny or can it be any old 'mon?
Edit: I'm a nincompoop forgot about pokecheck.org, just transfer anything from my Emerald to my DPPt, and use pokecheck to find SID duh, thanks Kaphotics.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Not quite.

If you want to abuse for shininess, then yes, you will have to know your SID.
If you only want to abuse for IVs, then you can just go ahead right now.

Can someone guide me on how walking in grass advances frames in Pokemon Pearl?

My target is, say, 1650. Usually, when chaining, I need to advance onto my frame and the step taken onto the patch usually never advanced any frames.

I advanced to 1650, I ended up hitting 1651.

I advanced to 1649, hit 1649.

I turn walked from 1649, hit 1651.

Any suggestions? Why is this thing trolling me?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone guide me on how walking in grass advances frames in Pokemon Pearl?

My target is, say, 1650. Usually, when chaining, I need to advance onto my frame and the step taken onto the patch usually never advanced any frames.

I advanced to 1650, I ended up hitting 1651.

I advanced to 1649, hit 1649.

I turn walked from 1649, hit 1651.

Any suggestions? Why is this thing trolling me?
The Guide said:
Note: Sometimes the game will skip over your target frame completely. If it does you can either find a new spread or try using a Synchronize lead. Don't forget to advance to target frame-2 if you're doing this.
Sounds like you're SOL, unless you haven't tried both sync and no sync.

It's chained shiny, sync has no effect.

I wonder, does the manner of taking a step affect frame advancement? Say I run two steps into my patch, instead of turn walking from one step away.

Will it advance differently?

NVM, sync totally effed up everything... guess it does have an effect, but not one supported by RNG reporter as of yet...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus

I wonder, does the manner of taking a step affect frame advancement? Say I run two steps into my patch, instead of turn walking from one step away.

NVM, sync totally effed up everything... guess it does have an effect, but not one supported by RNG reporter as of yet...
Check the very last part of the guide, but remember there is still a possibility of the spread being skipped for reasons unknown.

I don't suppose anyone would happen to know if eepid.exe could be used to frame-check while RNGing a shiny egg in Emerald, would they?

I'm breeding Spinda while I get the hang of RNG breeding in Emerald, so I can use that Spinda Painter to check its PID. I was just wondering if this would let me check what frame I'd actually hit via entering the PID into eepid.exe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I never tried using eepid.exe for that purpose, but as long as you don't use an everstone I don't see why it wouldn't work... unless there is some sort of limitation on it.

I had a similar issue with the chain shiny and the advancement deal. My theory after multiple attempts in various ways is that the way the grass advances Is tied to the seed, aka if the step into the shiny spot doesn't advance the frame it never will and a step and turn will always advance 2. Making some frames impossible to hit.

So my theory is each frame has a set no advance via step/turn locked into it. So 1649 is probably a no advance for step but 1 for a turn. Aka when you do the turn/step on 1649 it advances you to 1650 for the turn band then 1650s step counter activates and counts your step as 1.

You can try from 1648 but my thought is that it won't matter as the turn puts you on 1649 which has a 0 frame walk advance.

My memory is fuzzy but if the step counter works in grass(128 steps = frames advanced by # of party Pokemon) then you can use the step into the patch at 1649 with it being your 128th step with 1 party member. I think this only works outta the grass though

I had a similar issue with the chain shiny and the advancement deal. My theory after multiple attempts in various ways is that the way the grass advances Is tied to the seed, aka if the step into the shiny spot doesn't advance the frame it never will and a step and turn will always advance 2. Making some frames impossible to hit.

So my theory is each frame has a set no advance via step/turn locked into it. So 1649 is probably a no advance for step but 1 for a turn. Aka when you do the turn/step on 1649 it advances you to 1650 for the turn band then 1650s step counter activates and counts your step as 1.

You can try from 1648 but my thought is that it won't matter as the turn puts you on 1649 which has a 0 frame walk advance.

My memory is fuzzy but if the step counter works in grass(128 steps = frames advanced by # of party Pokemon) then you can use the step into the patch at 1649 with it being your 128th step with 1 party member. I think this only works outta the grass though
I got it to work with a syncer at the end. I noticed that no frames advanced at 1649, so I took my step w/ sync lead on frame 1649 hoping to land on 1650, and lo and behold, no frame skip!

I had tried 1648 earlier, a turn walk in hopes of hitting 1650, and I ended up hitting 1651. So for some reason, 1650 kept getting skipped no matter what I did.

I totally agree with your theory based off my other chained shiny projects, but I never had frame skipping problems like this. I usually resolved it by advancing till one frame prior to my target, and that did it. I also had more than one party member, so to utilize the step counter I would have to either use chatot as my catcher or not use chatot at all (something I'd rather not resort too).

If anyone was interested, this is what all the trouble was about:

Modest, Download
30/22/31/30/31/30
Hidden power Fire

Meh, too lazy to do another run through just for one porygon. If I can replace HP IV to 31, I will.
This was good practice.

For me, the fun is in the journey, not the destination.

I am having some trouble RNGing Palkia in Pokemon Pearl.

I aim to hit my delay of 5545, but end up hitting higher delays such as 5571, despite constant recalibration. The delays also occasionally swap from even to odd and vice versa, despite not changing the year nor inserting a GBA Pokemon game.

What am I doing wrong?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I am having some trouble RNGing Palkia in Pokemon Pearl.

I aim to hit my delay of 5545, but end up hitting higher delays such as 5571, despite constant recalibration. The delays also occasionally swap from even to odd and vice versa, despite not changing the year nor inserting a GBA Pokemon game.

What am I doing wrong?
For starters, I've found that constant recalibration messes you up more than it helps. I just keep mine at 597 all the time.

The random swapping just happens; it's kinda like the Alternate breeding spreads in the GBA games. You just have to hope it doesn't happen when you should've hit your delay.

Hi, I'm rng'ing in white 1.
I want to rng for a shiny metang.
What is the trick I can use to avoid all that fog that prevents sweet scent?

Attempting to RNG the Extremespeed Dratini on HeartGold. Aiming for a delay of 2480, frame of 165, seed of 930F09BC. TID/SID are 31971/28877, which allows a shiny spread of 31/31/31/11/30/31. Only Raikou and Entei are roaming, as I haven't released Latias. Questions as follows:

1. Does talking to the Master advance the frame by 1?
2. Should I release Latias prior to doing this?

Any help would be great. Thank you all for tolerating a relative noob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)