OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really want to know how I can delete my poll in my Suicide Cup thread I don't know if it is strictly legal to ask about this in particular but I will really appreciate any help.

I have been researching on this and I found out that only higher ranked users can do it... Is there another way to delete my poll?
If you reposted your thread without the poll, I could move all of the posts from the old thread to the new thread and delete the old thread, but it's 12:15 AM and that's too much effort for someone who should technically be waking up in five hours... (you're also offline)

EDIT: [00:23] Jellicent: yeah, needs to be done in admin CP
:P

Actually it can learn it at level one using the move re-learner. Togekiss can also learn the combination although at a higher lever.
Literally one level higher: evolve Togepi at level 2, teach Endeavor by tutoring; evolve with Shiny Stone, teach Extremespeed using move relearner

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it worth running HP Fire on Ferrothorn because of Scizor ?

I've run a calc and it's a guaranteed OHKO with SR, more than 50% chance to OHKO without. Unless my calcs are wrong. >.>

Serious question.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
no, since you're probably not running ferrothorn outside of rain, except on a sand balance team that will probably have zapdos which can deal w/ferro anyways...plus any special attack on ferro kinda sucks since base 54 spatk isn't anything to write home about. ferro isn't really meant to deal with scizor, besides even if you do catch it with hp fire on the switchin sciz can just cb superpower and end you. you're far better off going with the standard sr/spikes, leech seed, power whip, twave/gyro/protect set, it checks a lot more stuff and there are way better things to handle scizor than ferrothorn.

hope i helped that was kind of jumbled

Alright so right now im running a wobbuffet team which consists of Wobbuffet, blissey, ferrothorn, gliscor, cloyster, and scizor. but i feel like im doing it wrong essentially im just looking for advice on good pokes to team up with wobbuffet that are a better team up than what i currently have

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
A great partner for Wobbuffet are boosting Dragons in general, especially Dragonite. First you notch one DD thanks to Encore, then you notch a second one while Multiscale is broken, then you proceed to sweep. All set-up sweepers are generally excellent partners for Wobbuffet because a well-played one gives you free turns.

Ummm... I'm doing a project for English class actually over competitive Pokemon. I need to write a 2,000 word essay and create a blog (which should have been turned in today, but I just recently changed my topic, again, today). But I need some help: it's really not too much I hope. Can somebody define the term "metagame" or tell me where I can find the definition, please? Also, it would be really nice if I could have a mentor (you really don't need to do much, just comment once on the blog and that's it, but it's not done yet, so probably later). So could somebody VM / PM me if they wish to help? It'd be appreciated. Thank you!

I might define a metagame as the strategies, play styles, and key elements of the game most commonly employed by the majority of players in a competitive game.

PM me if you need help and stuff hurrdurr my engrish r gud

How viable is tailwind as a team style, as there ate some setters that can benefit from it (togekiss-air slash and hydreigon), and some sweepers who aren't very fast(kyurem-b) and some who needs it so that nothing can touch it while sweeping (specs Keldeo).
Tornadus also gets a special mention with its superb spA, and prankster tailwind.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How viable is tailwind as a team style, as there ate some setters that can benefit from it (togekiss-air slash and hydreigon), and some sweepers who aren't very fast(kyurem-b) and some who needs it so that nothing can touch it while sweeping (specs Keldeo).
Tornadus also gets a special mention with its superb spA, and prankster tailwind.
Hey tintinwong,

I've tried Tailwind before in OU and it's rather interested. To build a whole team around it is extremely gutsy as I've yet to see an extremely successful team built around the move. It's usually better in Doubles metagames such as VGC and Smogon-Doubles due to the faster battlers and less switches. As you said, Tornadus-Incarnate is pretty reasonable at getting it up as a last ditch effort due to its ability to set it up right before it gets KO'd - letting something with a x2 speed boost be able to finish it off. Pretty much Tailwind is a relatively decent move to use but the disadvantages (quickly fades away, wastes a turn and somewhat poor distribution) would most probably outweigh the benefits in making an entire team around it.

Tailwind as an effect just does not last long enough for you to take advantage of it. Tailwind is simply to short to invest a moveslot in most of the time for your entire team to take advantage of it. However I will give a special mention to Tornadus-T. On Tornadus-T's Spec set where the 4th slot is filler, many players put Tailwind in that spot. Why would they put Tailwind on a Choice Pokemon you ask? Well, many high level players have used Tornadus-T's priority Tailwind as a clutch tactic to make sure a powerful, but slow Pokemon, such as CB Dragonite can sweep late game (really late). Essentially it provides another path to victory if you find that you do not have the speed to KO the opponent with any of your Pokemon, but you have to be willing to sacrifice Tornadus-T.

Now.

Where is the option to have shiny Pokemon in PO v 2.0.1? I can't find it.

Serious question.

dcae

plaza athénée
It is when you select the pokemon I think you click on the image and then you can check the Shiny box. I might not be remembering correctly, it isn't right in front of me atm.

I keep seeing people complaining about how Infernape sucked and should be used less.
Although I have never used Infernape, it's movepool and stats aren't that horrible.
I would like to ask, why is Infernape do harshly criticized?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With rain being around nueturing its Fire STAB, Infernape finds very few opportunities to shine. It's also outclassed by other Fighting-types such as Terrakion. Infernape still works decently on teams with weather support to help keep rain at bay, especially sun since it boosts its Fire moves. Still, many would prefer to have something like Victini or Darmanitan as their Fire-type sun abuser. Overall Infernape isn't nearly as bad as many say it is, because it's decent with the right support. It just faces stiff competition from the likes of other Pokemon though.

I keep seeing people complaining about how Infernape sucked and should be used less.
Although I have never used Infernape, it's movepool and stats aren't that horrible.
I would like to ask, why is Infernape do harshly criticized?
Infernape recievs heavy, heavy competition from both Keldeo and Terrakion, which are both Fighting-types in the base 108 tier as well. Simply put, Terrakion and Keldeo are more powerful than Infernape (129>>>>>104) and have better STAB's.

Keldeo: Secret Sword acts as a physical attack even though it runs off of special attack. This effectively gives Keldeo two STAB moves to abuse off a fully invested base 129 attacking stat. Meanwhile Infernape's EV investment into its attacking stats is often split, so sometimes it doesn't even get past base 100 investment in either of its stats. Keldeo also has its STAB boosted by the omnipresent Rain, which makes it terrifying to face. Meanwhile Infernape has its STAB dampened in power. Sun is not common enough to really take advantage of Infernape's Fire-type STAB. So to retain that power, you have to run either sun of sand, but sand destroys ape because he relies on life orb. Also keldeo's stab water is incredibly useful for sand teams.

Terrakion: Coverage? Who needs coverage? Terrakion certainly does not when his STAB's alone cover the entirety of OU and when only a very small handful of Pokemon who are never in OU are the only ones to resist. Essentially all you need to run on Terrakion for its attacks are Stone Edge and Close Combat. This effecectively gives it 2 free moveslots to do whatever the hell it wants. Double boosting set (good luck Infernape pulling that off). Done. Hard hitting SR lead with Taunt? Done. Almost unwallable CB user because of its STAB's? Done. Choice Scarf user that can revenge all the game's top threats while still hitting hard (look at the scarf ape in QC)? Done.

There is also a lot of other minute stuff too. Keldeo and Terrakion are resistant to SR, so they can stay in the game longer and switch more often. Also they are much bulkier than Infernape. Keldeo's and Terrakion's decent bulk let's them play off resists quite well.

In my opinion, unless your Infernape has U-turn or Iron Fist Mach Punch on it, stick with Terrakion or Keldeo. Even on Sun teams, Terrakion and Infernape are a close call, especially their Scarf sets. Infernape's Fire STAB becomes really hard to manage, and it call pull off sweet momentum gains with U-turn. But Terrakion more ably checks the threats to Sun teams, especially Dragonite and Volcarona (Terrakion resists ESpeed and can use Rock Slide/resist volc handily if it gets to +2).

I remember when it was cool to criticize Infernape haters

I had a team with lead Terrakion, SD Breloom, CB Scizor, DD Dragonite, Attack rapid spin Starmie and air balloon Heatran SR/Fire Blast/ HP Ice. Ưith much battle i see my team weak with revenge killer with choice scarf or high speed and weak against rain team, How should I change for better team activities?

@Gnoudv1: You need a bulky water or bulky grass in there. You already have terrakion and scizor in there for a fighting presence, so what about changing Breloom to specially bulky Shaymin or Celebi? As for scarfed revenge killers, that's kind of their point--they come in and you can't do much about them. The only thing to do is switch into a check/counter, so I can't really give you a specific idea. A bulky Shaymin or Celebi might actually help, though, since maybe they could tank the revenge killer's attack.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wonder what a tier list involving types would look like, I mean we attempted to do it with abilities. What do you think a tier list would look like?

Maybe something like

Steel
Dragon
Water
Fighting
Ground
Ghost
Rock
Grass
Fire
Flying
Electric
Bug
Poison
Psychic
Dark
Ice
Normal

I did this in 2 minutes so there's probably a lot of mistakes I overlooked. I wonder what your thoughts are?

dcae

plaza athénée
That seems decently accurate. My problem with lists like that is that types gain or lose effectiveness while being paired with another one, which makes it tough to organize them in a tier list.

Also, imo Flying is one of the top, higher than it is, because so many teams are unprepared for it, as it garners superb coverage.

How does tricking a choice item work? I was under the impression that if I trick a choice item onto another pokemon, it gets locked into whatever move it used that turn. But I tricked a choice specs onto a Mew (obtaining his leftovers in return) that used aura sphere, so I switched to a ghost type but when I did it hit me with a psychic. Then I switched to a dark type and he had to switch. So apparently he got locked into psychic, but shouldn't he have been locked into the thunderbolt which is what he used when I tricked him the choice specs?

How does tricking a choice item work? I was under the impression that if I trick a choice item onto another pokemon, it gets locked into whatever move it used that turn. But I tricked a choice specs onto a Mew (obtaining his leftovers in return) that used aura sphere, so I switched to a ghost type but when I did it hit me with a psychic. Then I switched to a dark type and he had to switch. So apparently he got locked into psychic, but shouldn't he have been locked into the thunderbolt which is what he used when I tricked him the choice specs?
If the opponent uses a move before being tricked the Choice Specs, they get to choose a new move to lock themselves into. If they move after being tricked, they get locked into whatever move they used upon being given the Choice Specs.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I suck at explaining but if your Pokemon was slower than the Mew then it's free to select any attack after it was tricked with an choice item. But it you were faster then Mew when you tricked the choice item then it's stuck to whatever move it did.

Think about it like this. If the opposing Pokemon was faster then it never got the choice item when it was attacking so after he attacked that's when he got the choice item. But if it were slower then it obviously had a choice item before when it was attacking so thus it's now stuck with whatever move it did.

Hopefully I explained it decently enough. >.<

I intend to build a team around DD dragonite, but I have a trouble with wallbreakers. I don't know some wallbreakers work well with Dnite also synergy. Could you give me a hint, please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)