Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone of you have another word for "evolution"? It's one word that keeps bugging me since the existence of Pokemon and it is clear that the process is called "metamorphosis" and the forms ... "forms". Suggenstions?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Does anyone of you have another word for "evolution"? It's one word that keeps bugging me since the existence of Pokemon and it is clear that the process is called "metamorphosis" and the forms ... "forms". Suggenstions?
The transformation of one's shape and ability to do a variety of things.

It's very unlike evolution in the scientific sense, but I'm not sure why you want another word for referring to it in pokémon, because 'evolution' IS what the game describes the phenomena as and people are going to be confused if you use something else. If you could clarify why you're looking for a new word that would help.

I'm just posting to ask a question. I'm currently doing a mono-bug run on Heartgold, and I am using both Scyther and Scizor. I want to teach one of them U-turn, but I can't decide which one. Should I give it to the faster Scyther or the more powerful Scizor? I'm really unsure about it; any answers would be appreciated.

i'd say scyther. scyther can't take a hit, but it will be able to switch out into something that can, whilst doing damage, putting you in a favourable position right from the get-go. scizor will likely have to take the hit first, and while it's fairly bulky, it's not /that/ bulky, especially from the special side. and you /really/ don't want scizor to be eating a flamethrower to the face if you mispredict.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Teach it to both and U Turn spam (Like Elesa does with Volt Switch). Chances are you aren't going to run into anything with something really weird on its move set in HGSS. Infact, apart from Blaine's gym (And some Juggler/Fire breather people) I don't think there are that many principle fire trainers. Just be careful and know what you are facing.

EDIT: Woops HGSS... fail lol.... I'd go with Scyther purely because Scizors steel typing can help take hits better.

Some help please ;-)

My friend and I battle occasionally and right now his team is pretty good (imo). I'm looking to build a good counter team. So.. If you've any ideas, throw em out there, I'd really appreciate it!

Friends team:
Metagross - Absol - Jolteon - Chandelure - Milotic - Salamence

My team:
Politoed - Ludicolo - Kingdra - Seismitoad - Dragonite - Bronzong

Few things to note:
His Jolteon/Chandelure/Salamence all have their DW abilities.

Again, if you've some ideas or a better team altogether. Let me know!
P.S. If you want more specifics as to items/abilities I'll post them if you want. (assuming this thread isn't deleted for a 4th time).

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You might want to post this into the simple questions thread, IDK otherwise maybe change something to help against Milotic, it seems as good wall against everything besides Ludicolo

It helps if you include move sets and descriptions about why you chose them. Otherwise how are we meant to critique?
I wasn't really looking for a critique. More so a team of 6 pokes that would counter his team perfectly.

Again this is his team:

Metagross (Clear Body) w/ Choice Band;
~ Meteor Mash
~ Bullet Punch
~ Hammer Arm
~ Zen Headbutt
Absol (Super Luck) w/ Focus Sash;
~ Superpower
~ Sucker Punch
~ ?
~ ?
Jolteon (Quick Feet) w/ Life Orb;
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Volt Switch
~ ?
Chandelure (Shadow Tag) w/ Life Orb;
~ Flamethrower
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ ?
Milotic (Marvel Scale) w/ Leftovers;
~ Toxic
~ Ice Beam
~ Scald
~ Recover
Salamence (Moxie) w/ Life Orb;
~ Outrage
~ Dragon Claw
~ EQ
~ Aqua Tail

AGAIN. Just looking for a perfect counter team. Not a critique

so apparently the May corocoro was/is supposed to be really big. However, I don't know that I want to see it because of spoilers and such. If it has already come out (or whenever it does) can someone tell me the basic concepts revealed? Like if they introduce new pokemon, or show pictures of a city, just say 'new pokemon' and 'region screenshots'. And so on; I just want general themes, nothing specific. And don't say anything with obvious connotations, like 'new type!' or something. That would be more like 'new mechanics' or 'new features'. If there isn't too much I may end up looking anyways, since I'll continue visiting this and other pokemon forums at least for this month because of the battle program. Thanks!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
New Pokémon, new attacks, new region, new characters, new cities, new Pokédex, new boxart, etc. There are reveals across the board.

New Pokémon, new attacks, new region, new characters, new cities, new Pokédex, new boxart, etc. There are reveals across the board.
hoooolllllyy crap. yeah I don't think I can afford this spoiler, that sounds like a lot.

I guess I'll just go turn off avatars and sigs now. Hopefully I remember who you all are without them lol

I am getting the message "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." on Black 2. I have done that multiple times with the same result. Is there anything that can be done to save my data?

I am getting the message "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card." on Black 2. I have done that multiple times with the same result. Is there anything that can be done to save my data?
it's a lot like the battery running dry in the gen 1/2 games.
i've looked it up myself and have not found a way that works for me. it was my soulsilver.
you can try cleaning the inside of your ds cart slot/the game card gently with a dry, clean washcloth, but if that doesn't work...

...i don't think so.

I've had this happen to me (was scared out of my mind on my game with 641/649 pokemon), but so far I've just blown on the ds and game really well and it would work eventually

it usually happens when I haven't played the game for a while, so that might have something to do with it

it's a lot like the battery running dry in the gen 1/2 games.
i've looked it up myself and have not found a way that works for me. it was my soulsilver.
you can try cleaning the inside of your ds cart slot/the game card gently with a dry, clean washcloth, but if that doesn't work...

...i don't think so.
I sure hope this isn't the case... :( Thanks for the input bro.

I've had this happen to me (was scared out of my mind on my game with 641/649 pokemon), but so far I've just blown on the ds and game really well and it would work eventually

it usually happens when I haven't played the game for a while, so that might have something to do with it
I only left it idle for like a month, if not less. I guess I'll pop the system open and see if I can give the contacts a good cleaning. Thanks for the input.

If anyone else has additional advice, feel free to speak up. This is far from solved...

Not sure if I should make a thread for this or not, but how the heck do you Sketch the move Metronome?

According to bulbapedia:
Bulbapedia said:
Generation III

Sketch can now be used to copy Selfdestruct and Explosion when used in a battle with a Pokémon with the Damp Ability. It can also be used to copy Metronome and Transform, if the move fails to activate due to effects such as sleep; this did not work in Generation II. Struggle and Shadow moves cannot be sketched.

Generation IV and onwards

Same as Generation III, except that, in addition to not being able to copy Struggle, Sketch cannot be used to copy Chatter.
But this doesn't make any sense. If a pokemon is asleep, then Sketch takes the move used before it went to sleep (or else you'd just easily sketch explosion without having to go through all that effort). I'm mainly trying to figure this out for gen 3, but I can't imagine how it would work in gen 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)