Can I Get Some Help Please?

Hey all, I'm new here, as well as on the http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ and I just want to know, when you log onto play with your specific team, and want to log out for a little while, then log back on later, why does it come up with that someone has already picked the same username you've just not long logged on with, and what do I have to do to keep it that I don't need to change my username everytime I log on, and have to remake my entire team on it? Please can someone help me.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Have you registered your name?

If you have, it'll usually ask you for a password when you log in, the same password you registered with. When it says 'someone else', it really means you in your case (If you try to take someone else's username, like if you try to log in as mine, Tehy, then of course this is different). There isn't always auto log-on (I have it personally), so you'll have to enter the password you registered with.

If you haven't registered, I have no clue what's going on. It's possible someone is just stealing your names? But that seems unlikely. Are you sure you're logging out, too?

When I log onto the website itself, it asks me to choose a name, so I put in the name I wanted at first, then when I logged off and tried to log on to the website this morning with the username I picked last night, it wouldn't let me, so I had to make a new one. I'm scared to log of the website just now, as I have already got teams on it and I don't want to have to remake them, but it only asked me to choose a username when I went onto it, I never asked me for a password or anything like that. I have no idea what's going on, or if I am doing something wrong with it.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
What did it say when you tried to use your first name?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Don't worry about your teams, they are saved to your CPU via cookies. The next time you log on using your username successfully, click on the Look for a Battle button. Keep doing this until you win a battle. When you win a battle click on the Register button. You can then assign a password to your username so other people can't use it themselves. I hope this helps you.

Don't worry about your teams, they are saved to your CPU via cookies. The next time you log on using your username successfully, click on the Look for a Battle button. Keep doing this until you win a battle. When you win a battle click on the Register button. You can then assign a password to your username so other people can't use it themselves. I hope this helps you.
Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try. If it doesn't work, than what should I do?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
If that doesn't work, try contacting an admin (the people at the top of the users list with a ~ by their names). Tell them that you tried registering the normal way and it didn't work. They should be able to get your account registered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)