5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've been meaning to RNG a wild growlithe in virbank complex (Black 2). I know this is in location 47. The question is, how exactly do I select location 47 in the encounter slot? From what I can see it only gives me the option of 0-11.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Keep in mind there are WNPCs in the Virbank Complex interior, so it won't be quite as simple as just hitting your seed, and advancing to a specific frame.

So I'm new to RNG abusing. I have RNG reporter 9.96.5 BETA and I've set up my parameters and for a start I'm simply trying to Standard seed abuse. I have a 3DS Xl, B2 combination and my delay is 7 seconds. I tested a seed and hit it once but when i tried to hit it again, i can't seem to find it. Is there any way to check what seed i actually hit instead of my desired one? So that maybe i can correct where I've gone wrong? I'm using Eontimer v1.6

Info:
MAC- D2 A8 2A 96 3E C4 DF 1E
Seed: D12715FE2ABD946C
ID: 33016 SID: 07819
First Frame
Timer0- 1688
Seed time is 02:05:06 on 28/03/14
Time set at 2:04 and eon at 59 seconds
Using sweet scent at the start of victory road.
Captured a Golurk level 49 IV: 12 8 24 0 20 30 (checked on Serebii)

not sure if thats the right info or even too much :P
Please help :)

Arhhh! Fucking Black 2 Timer0s and bloody WNPCs. I keep hitting within 1-7 frames of the frame I want. It keeps varying so I'm having trouble trying to work out a pattern. Has anyone been able to rng in virbank before? ( interior).

Hello Smogon,

I'm currently trying to abuse a shiny Thundurus. Did the ID abusing thing and and all, settled on a shiny PID frame of 714, saved in the old granny's house, but since then, consistently maching A through the scene and after several tries with various numbers of Chatot calls, cannot seem to see any relevant pattern.

Example: without any advancement, I always catch an Impish Thundurus. With 10 advancements, Docile, with 20, Docile. Checked RNGReporter to see where that would put me, but I didn't see that pattern anywhere between the 400-800 frames range.

So, if anyone has an idea or a piece of advice or two, it could make some use to me, thanks :)

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
So I'm new to RNG abusing. I have RNG reporter 9.96.5 BETA and I've set up my parameters and for a start I'm simply trying to Standard seed abuse. I have a 3DS Xl, B2 combination and my delay is 7 seconds. I tested a seed and hit it once but when i tried to hit it again, i can't seem to find it. Is there any way to check what seed i actually hit instead of my desired one? So that maybe i can correct where I've gone wrong? I'm using Eontimer v1.6

Info:
MAC- D2 A8 2A 96 3E C4 DF 1E
Seed: D12715FE2ABD946C
ID: 33016 SID: 07819
First Frame
Timer0- 1688
Seed time is 02:05:06 on 28/03/14
Time set at 2:04 and eon at 59 seconds
Using sweet scent at the start of victory road.
Captured a Golurk level 49 IV: 12 8 24 0 20 30 (checked on Serebii)

not sure if thats the right info or even too much :P
Please help :)
Try the Adjacent Seed tool. It will tell you if you hit one of your other Timer0s.

Could someone post a link to something i can record as a chatot cry so i can distinguish the pitches thanks.
This would work if you're able to get a good recording of it.

Try the Adjacent Seed tool. It will tell you if you hit one of your other Timer0s.

I used the parameter finder a few times to check which seed i got and most of the time i was getting a different timer0, however it wasn't consistently the same one. Is there anything i can do about that or am i just not timing everything correctly?

Okay, I need something explained, even though it's probably been right under my nose.

I settled for my most common seed -1681- and I'm trying to get a 31/31/31/31/30/31 Naive wondercard Deoxys.

I have the two chatots and I'm parked in front of the pokemon center guy.

I set the DS clock to the seed time 12/15/13 @ 03:56:32 and my question is, when exactly do I launch the game? do I launch it at 03:56:32? or at 03:56:24?

Luke I'm fairly sure it depends on what the Parameter finder said in the actual seconds. For example if you started the game at 30 and it said actual seconds 38, you need to launch the game 8 seconds before your seed. So yes, 3:56:24, if your seed time is 3:56:32. You need to set your clock at like 3:56 and be really quick to hit 24 seconds.

Hello Smogon,

I'm currently trying to abuse a shiny Thundurus. Did the ID abusing thing and and all, settled on a shiny PID frame of 714, saved in the old granny's house, but since then, consistently maching A through the scene and after several tries with various numbers of Chatot calls, cannot seem to see any relevant pattern.

Example: without any advancement, I always catch an Impish Thundurus. With 10 advancements, Docile, with 20, Docile. Checked RNGReporter to see where that would put me, but I didn't see that pattern anywhere between the 400-800 frames range.

So, if anyone has an idea or a piece of advice or two, it could make some use to me, thanks :)
When you abused your ID/SID, did you make sure that you can even land on frame 714 with your parameters?

Meaning BEFORE you abused for that combo, did you do a test run with another ID/SID and catch a normal Thundurus with that nature and IVs you want?

Edit: If so, you have to make sure you can consistently hit that frame (more or less) and make sure it wasn't a fluke or anything. Only after this process should you abuse an ID/SID on that frame.

Outside that, it's all kinda standard. Just mash as much as you can. But widen the frame range and see where you seem to land.

Edit 2: Whoops, I meant nature, not IVs. I haven't RNG'd in like 2 years so I'm a little rusty. I RNG'd a Shiny Thundurus by specifically making sure I could hit a specific frame and THEN abused for that ID/SID, but this was on an emulator so the process was much easier.

Actually no, I didn't do a test run, and I realize now that it would have been all the more beneficial ! I guess I'm in for a second run through the game :). I just have to make sure I can land on a Timid nature beforehand, is that right ?

Thank you for your support :)

Actually no, I didn't do a test run, and I realize now that it would have been all the more beneficial ! I guess I'm in for a second run through the game :). I just have to make sure I can land on a Timid nature beforehand, is that right ?

Thank you for your support :)
Yes. Hit your seed and make make sure you get the right IVs. Then after that, do the whole mashing thing and develop a pattern on what your frame range seems to be.

Keep in mind however, that when you chatot in intervals of 10, sometimes it will be different. For example, if you were on frame 500 and you chatot 10 times, it might land on 540. But if you did the same thing again, it might land on 542, 543, etc. So make sure that when you chatot in intervals of 10, you consistently land on the nature you want. Widen up the frame search if you can't seem to find a pattern.

But yeah, point is you want to find a frame that is actually hittable with your parameters, and to do it consistently. Once you do that, you ID/SID abuse and just hit the frame again.

Edit: I can't guarantee the effectiveness on an actual DS because I haven't done it before, but I imagine it shouldn't be any different on an emulator. I did it on an emulator and it worked just fine. Got an IV spread I wanted with my parameters, tested it and caught a normal Naive Tornadus, then abused an ID/SID for that frame.

BUT when you abuse the ID/SID abuse the frame as a roamer pokemon, not a method/wild encounter. I just realized that very important detail.

Thank you very much for your help, hopefully I'll get around it sometime soon. But I realize that it's going to be difficult to know exactly what frame I land on, as I tried to recognize a pattern for 2 days now with no success.

Anyway, let's get a Timid first :). Thanks again !

PPRNG

This can answer all your questions. Don't know why you'd need someone specifically from SoCal to help you...
actually, i just noticed that you had a pretty detailed guide on PPRG. im searching for my time0 right now and currently have 10 results. it seems like my Timer0 is expected to be 1689, would you be able to determine that this is a safe bet?

Expected Start time / Actual Start time / Timer0 / VCount / VFrame
03:50:00 03:50:08 167A AD 6
04:01:00 04:01:07 1685 AD 6
04:09:00 04:04:07 167A AD 6
04:16:00 04:16:07 167A AD 6
04:25:00 04:25:07 167E AD 6
04:32:00 04:32:07 1689 AD 6
04:39:30 04:39:38 1689 AD 6
04:59:59 05:00:06 167C AD 6
05:49:00 05:49:08 1689 AD 6
18:38:00 18:38:07 1689 AD 6

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
They all pretty much have the same chances of finding a seed, it is only important when you're trying to hit such seed. If you use your most common timer0, chances are you'll hit your seed pretty quickly. If you don't, then you might have a harder time hitting your seed.

What's the best Pokemon Center to RNG wonder cards in BW2? I noticed that in Castelia City their are NPC's but they don't seem to be moving. I checked the Pokemon League center but those are definitely moving. Just wondering which place is best?

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
The NPCs don't move at the Castelia Pokémon Center, so that would be an ideal choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)