Smeargle Card Project

breh

強いだね

I started to realize that it's not very clubslike (and more spades-y) in the middle of the process, but I hope that it can be interpreted as clubs.

(Thanks go to Yilx for providing the models for the background!)

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
yeah, maybe if you replaced a couple of diamonds on cacturne's body with clubs...might work. On the other hand, might be kind of gimmicky , idk. Cool Concept though, definately got a dark feel from it

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
To everyone I VM'd, there's no rush to finish it immediately, I just want to know if you weren't planning on doing it so I can open up more cards for others.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
yo if there's nobody on that 9 of clubs i'll take it
been doing some sketches for ideas on it that i think could work

this is what im thinking on right now
just some sketched ideas to do in pshop later
maybe illustrator even with vector im not sure
i think i like bellsprout best cause you can see the 9 and the club and the pokemon
but ill fuck around some and see what looks better i dunno yet

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
@bluehoundoom- I really like the scraftys and the fact you included a shiny. There's only one thing I see that you might fix-the outline around the hearts is jagged - there's a very thin sliver of white that shows through.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
If it's not too much to ask, I would also like to reserve Queen of Spades, before Milotic loses a queen spot. Not having Milotic as a queen is blasphemy. (╯°Д°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edit: Done! (~°v°)~

Last edited:
OH MY GOD MAGISTRUM! X_o .. speechless. I should hate you that you got Milotic for the card project but I'm really really happy that you gave Milotic's beauty justice with that magnificent entry.

@Ice Pick - sorry about the delay with the 8 of Hearts : Roserade. I need to reformat my laptop so I have to do it over again. The design will be up by tomorrow I promise, right after I'm done with the MAC contest sketch.

I would like to reserve Kingdra for the king of diamonds. I will try to have it up by Wednesday of this next week.

EDIT: Looks like I got done much sooner than I expected, here it is.

The paint "viscosity" was inspired from the paint of the card knights in Disney's Alice in Wonderland in case anyone was wondering!

Alice

The worst taste in music
I'm still on this, i'll probably upload a sketch later

Edit:

here it is:

Petal dance lilligant

I hope to get it finished next week or something...

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alice, Yilx has already used Liligant for the Queen of Hearts, so I'm afraid you'll need to pick a different pokemon. :(

Edit: Withdrawn, as Alice had called dibs on Lilligant first. :V

defno16, It's a really nice image, but the colour of the paint and Smeargles expression makes it seem like he's not using "paint", but a different substance.

I read about this thread in The Smog, is it still open for people to claim cards? I'd like to draw the three of diamonds, since it looks unclaimed.

Just to inform you of my progress on Shuckle: School ends on the June 7 for me, so I should be able to continue (and finish) work on it after that day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)