RNG NOC: GAME OVER

Officially warning Celever that as per rule 1 you are forbidden to edit or delete your posts. I will forgive this edit as it was not a significant change to your post nor really that impactful on the game, but I may not be so lenient next time.

ah fuck i just posted but i don't want to vote count because more cowbell just did one and not much has happened since

Ok hi.
My general thinking is that people are being quite scummy = (

@theangryscientist and others; why did you go after metal sonic, when woodchuck's posts (at least at that point in time) where similarly irrelevant? I really dislike how no one called him out on it and his vote post was based on something that really wasn't indicative of metal sonic's alignment. Actually;

unvote theangryscientist
vote woodchuck

I'm not a big fan of ombudd's logic; he creates a false dichotomy of cbterrakion and then votes metal sonic for...? after saying he is making it easy to lynch him.

@blackhawk; Who do you think is most likely to be mafia at this point in the game? By fosing a player who a lot of people find suspicious and asking them to give reads you don't really reveal what you think about other players.

Cereza is playing quite passively which seems in line with his opinions about playstyle. @cereza what do you think about blackhawk, aura guardian and yoshinite?

also didn't like aura guardian's last post

cools. bye

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll freely admit that my initial read on Metal Sonic was based on him being a noob excited about getting a role pm of mafia. However, after looking at this game, where Metal Sonic purposely looked like an idiot in his posting habits in order to clean himself, it looks like he isn't really the player to accidentally make dumb mistakes like posting to confirm in this thread.

Of course, he could be hoping people would bring up the previous game in the event that this line of logic would clean him. Here's my problem, though: why would he claim a big power role as a joke? In a standard game with more experienced players--including a more experienced mafia--this could be seen as a ruse, but in a beginner game he's being incredibly ready to risk a bandwagon vote on him or a nightkill if the mafia decide to take his story at face value.

As for defending myself: I haven't posted a lot of reasoning on players other than Metal Sonic (although he did put himself out there...) so I apologize for appearing to be tunneling. It seems like if I was truly mafia then it would have been better to jump on the lynch-Metal-Sonic-bandwagon, but I've held back, and
and his vote post was based on something that really wasn't indicative of metal sonic's alignment
i haven't actually made a vote post, only a FoS. As for other irrelevant posts I've made like
by the neck to a gallows
zing
I'm pretty known throughout the community for making flippant puns. I expect to keep doing this throughout the game unless we have some pun-haters pushing to kill me :(

I'll post more reads on other players when I get back, but Cereza looks pretty clean for not jumping to lynch anyone immediately. I'd also like to why Gronkasaurus Rex pushed to vote lynch on me instead of pressuring with a FoS like everyone else is doing, but I guess you didn't think there was enough (any) pressure on me.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I'm not a big fan of ombudd's logic; he creates a false dichotomy of cbterrakion and then votes metal sonic for...? after saying he is making it easy to lynch him.
i noticed this as well and thought it was interesting.

continued said:
@blackhawk; Who do you think is most likely to be mafia at this point in the game? By fosing a player who a lot of people find suspicious and asking them to give reads you don't really reveal what you think about other players.
I'm just tryin to get people to talk. As for my most likely to be mafia, I really don't have any strong feelings yet. My two FoS's (Box and MS) are my largest suspicions outside of people who have been unexplainable absent. But like I said, not strong feelings.

Box's most recent post wasn't helpful at all, as has been the trend of his posts.
MS is being equally unhelpful, but I'm more inclined to believe that is simply his personality. But honestly, both of these two need to make constructive posts (as do CBT and anyone else who has < 3 posts in the game).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ugh wow, I failed rule number 1. Sorry about that, thanks for the free pass though! :)

Anyway, I would like to take my FoS off of CBTerrakion and put it on Metal sonic. I would like to remove my lynch from Metal sonic and put it on Gronkasaurus. Just something about the latest post our dinosaur made makes me feel like he is trying to keep conversation away from himself, listing about half the people in this game. It also made me a little more suspicious of metal sonic, since gronkasaurus went straight in to defend him in that post.

Also what does FoS even stand for? I'm guessing "Finger of shame".

You want engagement? Well sure, of course I can justify my decisions.

Right off the bat, I can say I am one of the good guys here, but that counts for squat in a game like mafia. Now, why do I suspect Metal Sonic to be mafia? Indeed, several of you have noted how he has attempted to look like an idiot before as a strategic ploy. Yet, when does trolling actually become trolling? Notice that MS has only continued to make highly stupid moves following his initial hyperactive behaviour (his announcement of him having a "power role"). By my opinion, a normal human would immediately realise the gravity of his actions after being called out for it, and subside slightly and act more passively to deflect further suspicion. However, there are obviously people who would act on this, trying to salvage the situation, by trying to invoke a tone of trolling that is hardly subtle, hence easily detectable. This is what we call bad or fake trolling; a coverup for mistakes.

Sonic is, I believe, not an idiot, so he must have thought it wise to assume the persona of a troll as a manner of reverse psychology in hopes that people might cross reference to a previous success and hence divert lynch votes to someone such as myself. I personally would never repeat a tactic such as this that could be so easily identified, hence deduce that Metal Sonic is using reverse psychology to deflect suspicion from himself.

My lynch vote stays. You may continue targetting me, but it would matter little beyond a wasted Day.

@above: Finger of Suspicion. Good grief would you read the rules?

I'm hardly an experienced mafia player so I may as well back the winning horse!
This is a beginner game, hardly anyone here is experienced.

Anyways, the problem with this being a beginner game is that bandwagoning is now more common, leading to a higher possibility of mislynches. Right now, I have a few weak scum reads.

Box is probably the most scummy in my eyes, for the bandwagoning and for his dodgy reasoning why.

Box said:
Sonic is, I believe, not an idiot,

Fire Blast and CB Terrakion are yet to provide anything useful to the day, which is a bit annoying :/. Which could be seen as trying to shy away from the conversation and be forgotten about, hence why I see them as slightly scummy.

Unlynch Celever

obvious noob town is obvious

Erm I'll unFoS LightWolf (is that how you do it)
and FoS Box

Yeah I'm not gonna vote to lynch anybody now since I'm not confident in any of my reads yet.

FoS Celever
For some reason I don't think that celever, based on his intelligent activity in OI, would fail not once but twice to read the rules. It makes him seem pretty innocent...

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
Un-FoS Metal Sonic
I get the impression that Metal Sonic is difficult to read, but I think that it's more likely at this point that he is townie and is trying to play himself off as dumb to avoid a mafia kill rather than mafia and trying to play himself as a dumb townie--he risks a lethal bandwagon too much if he played mafia like this.

I'd like to see some more reasoning from CBTerrakion and especially Box on their bandwagon votes, and I'd especially like more reads from everyone on people other than MS. Focusing our attention on MS right now seems like a waste of time :/

You know, I would love it if you spelled my name correctly. It's Obbmud.
You are ignoring the fact that I Fos'd CB terrakion. I'm not going to lynch him on the grounds of not posting. I voted to lynch MS because he was being very annoying, and he seemed like he is asking for it with the way he was acting.

In other news, who is going to take the "leader" role of the village.

Blackhawk11

one on one
From what I understand, NOC really can't have a village leader. A village leader (at least in a non-NOC sense) can't really function when he can't collect claims or send out targets in secret. What do you suggest a village leader would do obbmud?

Anyways, I tried to get some reads on a few of the more active players so far, here's what I got:

Aura Guardian: somewhat cautious, helping the conversation, answering questions, asking questions. he has been using his lynch vote as pressure when he could be using FoS, but other than that, he seems clean.

Woodchuck: first four posts lacked substance as pointed out, (i appreciate the jokes though, keep em coming!). after that he has two solid posts. something to note: he points out cereza as "looking pretty clean for not jumping to lynch anyone immediately." There are several people who have not used a lynch vote, myself included, yet he chose to point out Cereza. perhaps the two are linked and he's trying to cast away suspicion. on the other hand, his suspicion on G.Rex is warranted imo. to me, woodchuck could be mafia, but i'm not terribly suspicious yet.

theangryscientist: his posts have been short and sweet, and almost all of them have included a new FoS or lynch target, and most of those have been against the less active players. i appreciate the attempts at striking up conversation, but there isn't too much else to get a read on him. I'm gonna say clean for now.

everyone else has just not been active enough (excluding box/MS), and we really need them to start posting. if you're one of those people and don't know what to post, try something like what I just did!

Hi.

So just clearing up some stuff + quick comments.

I have played with metal sonic before and I find that what he has done isn't suspicious in context of his play-style. What's more suspicious is that five people jumped on him and none of them pointed out woodchuck's equally jovial (idek what other word to use they both didn't post anything of value at the start) posting. I liked woodchuck's last post and maybe the lack of attention on him is more indicative of the alignment of the bandwagoners than of him.

unvote woodchuck but I have questions for you
@woodchuck; why does not trying to lynch anyone look pretty clean (referring to what you said about cereza)? What do you think of lightwolf and blackhawk?

Hi obbmud sorry I spelt your name wrong that was a really quick post I was making, would edit it to be correct but it's noc sooo....
I'm not ignoring what you're saying it's just that you said cbterrakion is either this or this based on his not posting which is not good logic (false dichotomy; logical fallacy blah blah)

I'm feeling that box's fat post was quite geniune, however the marked change in posting style and tone was weird for early game, so we'll throw it in the somewhat-slight-town pile.

Lightwolf asked for a diversifying of opinions but didn't offer any himself, which could be for a number of reasons but it is slightly sus. @lightwolf, hi would you like to provide a diverse opinion? = )

Yoshinite views the thread a bit without actually posting

As for voting vote eagle4

eagle4 I'm pretty sure you're experienced enough to know that the vote is the most useful tool village has; even with fosing voting is the best way to have people talking and see who people suspect. Why so cautious for?

Will probably be back in like five hours but bye for now!

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
alright, so apparently metal sonic acts like a retard in other games where he's town, so that's not really enough evidence against him, so unvote Metal Sonic

yoshinite, your posts have all been pretty short and uninformative, could you please post your thoughts on metal sonic, woodchuck, and others?

CB Terrakion and other idlers: quit fucking idling

Vote Count 1.4 (aka the "Let us play with your sword, Link!" vote count)

Lynch Votes:

Metal Sonic (5): Aura Guardian, theangryscientist, Fire Blast, Box, celever, Obbmud99 L-3
Box (2): Yoshinite, Metal Sonic
Yoshinite (1): LightWolf
Eagle4 (1): Gronkasaurus Rex
Aura Guardian (0): Eagle4
Fire Blast (0): theangryscientist
Celever (0): Eagle4, Box
Woodchuck (0): Gronkasaurus Rex
theangryscientist (0): Gronkasaurus Rex
theangryscientist (0): Gronkasaurus Rex

Not Voting (6): Blackhawk11, CB Terrakion, Cereza, Eagle4, theangryscientist, Woodchuck

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

FoS count:

CB Terrakion (3): theangryscientist, celever, Obbmud99
Box (3): Fire Blast, Blackhawk11, Eagle4
Metal Sonic (2): Woodchuck, Box, Blackhawk11, CB Terrakion
Celever (2): Box, Yoshinite
Yoshinite (2): Aura Guardian, Box
Fire Blast (1): Aura Guardian
Lightwolf (1): Aura Guardian, Eagle4, Fire Blast, theangryscientist, yoshinite
Gronkasaurus Rex (0): theangryscientist
Not under suspicion: Blackhawk11, Cereza, Eagle4, Obbmud99, Woodchuck, Gronkasaurus Rex, Aura Guardian, theangryscientist

The next Deadline Review is at 8:00 AM EST (GMT-5) on May 15th (81 hours away).

Deadline is currently set at 8:00 AM EST (GMT-5) on May 17th (129 hours away).

Carry on.

EDIT: There was a mistake in the vote count; Woodchuck's FoS on Metal Sonic was counted even though it was removed.

Carry on again.

yes who will be the village obbmudsman

ombudsman*
I enjoy the flattery/mockery.

I've noticed that Fireblast and Lightwolf have withdrawn from the conversation. Fireblast hasn't been for 8 hours or so, and he hasn't posted for for 28 hours.
Lightwolf was on around 3 hours ago and he hasn't posted for about 25 hours.
Just supplying information.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
unvote woodchuck but I have questions for you
@woodchuck; why does not trying to lynch anyone look pretty clean (referring to what you said about cereza)? What do you think of lightwolf and blackhawk?
I had been reading pretty quickly through the thread and it looked like Cereza was one of people who seemed to want to avoid lynching anyone on this day. While that might be indicative of mafia trying to waste the village's time, I'd typically assume that mafia would rather start a bandwagon vote and get a villager mislynched. My read on Cereza was a bit premature (and, rereading Cereza's posts, I don't think I can really justify calling townie or mafia either way) but I did want to get some discussion started on people other than Metal Sonic :P

lightwolf: LightWolf hasn't posted very much or at all other than to respond to FoS bandwagons on himself. I think this is more an artifact of his times of activity/what had actually been posted in the thread at the time. His caution regarding Metal Sonic (as one of his only 'reads' I've seen so far) seems pretty genuine and would make sense considering what Metal Sonic was doing for the last NOC game he was playing in. I can't really call LightWolf either way until he posts more.

blackhawk: I agree with you in that he's been doing a lot of asking for reads but hasn't really posted reads on anyone other than Box. He did point out my somewhat-scummy-looking comment on Cereza being clean but I've already explained myself earlier in this post. To me, it looks like Blackhawk11 is trying to pressure people into talking at this point and is still looking pretty town-ish.

Right now, I'm most curious to see what Metal Sonic's response to L-3 is. I'd also like to see more from CBTerrakion as his only post has been a FoS bandwagon on Metal Sonic. More from other players who haven't posted much would be nice, too, and I'm sure there are players keeping track of who is talking and who isn't.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Cereza is playing quite passively which seems in line with his opinions about playstyle. @cereza what do you think about blackhawk, aura guardian and yoshinite?
First thing first...I'm not a guy haha

Anyways

Blackhawk: I really don't have a strong read on him but I have noticed he has been calling people out to vote. That's a point from me. However, one of his earliest posts does worry me, yes, it might be terrible to lose an experienced player, however, that doesn't mean we have to depend on them. That would be a complete disaster if both of them turn out to be scum.

Aura Guardian: ahh, one of the experts!11 I do agree with him that we should drag this phase for as long as possible. Again, I don't like the fact he claimed being a great asset just because of his experience. Not saying I find him scummy because of that, I just don't like people giving themselves so much credit...even if they deserve it.

Yoshinite: wait who? I don't get his on and off attention on celever, probably because I like consistency but whatever.

Btw, I think using Meta to vote or otherwise clear a player is both stupid and stupid.

They are trying to lynch the best power role in the game, obviously they must be scum! or at least 3 of them!
I need a BG on me pronto, all others please contact me ASAP
At this point I'm sure that nobody is stupid enough to be trolling this badly. Which means that you are probably just being moronically bold.

I'm going to withhold my vote then,

Unlynch Metal Sonic

and

Un-FoS Celever because he has stopped idling.

instead, keeping a FoS on CBTerrakion.

At this juncture, I am inclined to believe Yoshinite is mafia until we hear what he has to say.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me who reaches a majority faster, and this should say something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)