Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
that new move seems amazing. like a memento/u-turn.

order of preference:

1. Yayakoma
2. Gogoat
3. Yamchamu

4. Elikiteru

Panda looks awesome, the bird is a joke. Gamefreak still hasn't made a woodpecker, kingfisher or humming bird which would have been great generic bird pokemon.

Panda looks awesome, the bird is a joke. Gamefreak still hasn't made a woodpecker, kingfisher or humming bird which would have been great generic bird pokemon.
hey now, what's wrong with having a robin

we haven't had one of those, either

Elekitel sounds like it would evolve into an Electric/Grass type. Or maybe it starts gaining powerful Grass type moves for coverage? I also feel like Game Freak may discovered the "light type" with Elekitel's typing, since he generates light(ning), and fights using solar energy.
They have such marvelous mechanics to show us still...

the bird is so endearing and immediately superior to pidove or whatever.

it seems more stylised than most, which is only ever a positive thing. need more colour and variety in muh pokemon.

I can't understand the bird hate. Like, when has a Normal/Flying first stage Pokemon NOT been incredibly basic? At least it isn't a rehash of some species we've already seen and could actually end up having an interesting move pool if Flame Charge is any indicator.

I'm not too high on Gogoat. It kinda looks like a mixture between Grotle and Sawsbuck. Either way, it seems incredibly familiar/ quite lazy. Especially after Sawsbuck came out just last gen.

Love the electric lizard. I'm all for the "Normal/Other typing not Flying" pokes. Is it just me or does it look like it isn't actually resting on its front legs? Bipedal Evo?

Fighting panda? Eh.

I have to disagree with the majority of people who think the bird looks ugly or bland. I think it looks rather alert and intriguing, and I'd say it's unfair to expect it to look super fancy. It is almost certainly going to evolve into something else, and unevolved Pokemon generally don't look as interesting as their evolved counterparts. I think what people are really reacting to is the sheer abundance of bird Pokemon, and fatigue from being introduced to a new generation that has yet another normal/flying type. I like the design, but the typing really irritates me since it is dull and incredibly common besides. I am heartened by the speculation that the fact it learns Flame Charge may mean it becomes a fire/flying type. The design does suggest that possibility and it I would be willing to forgive the bird's typing if it changes upon evolution.

UN(united states)OV(of)A(america)

i read that somewhere, but cant seem to remember where....seems legit

Also thanks R_N, the X box looks pro
Oh ok, that makes sense, I haven't realised that, good to know :). Unless I'm missing something, I don't see where Karos is from, it may be clearer with the English and/or French name

The new region...kind of looks like France was cut off from the rest of Europe. It has similar borders all along the ocean to France's natural borders, but it looks like a large island.
Interesting choices....

Asdfg; my predictions came true, we will be having mounts and character customization!
I'm so froakin' happy!
GeeZee gets the 5 points for an accurate prediction
-throws 5 points-

GeeZee gets the 5 points for an accurate prediction
-throws 5 points-
Omg, thanks, my life is complete now.

Though I hope that we will get more mountable Pokémon. Take Suicune or Arcanine for example. And for the CC, I hope we will get more choices and combinations between hair, clothes, eye colour etc.

Oh, and on a side note, anyone noticed the woman (on the page with the male trainer riding Gogoat) who is holding some groceries and having a Fennekin on a leash; maybe we will be able to have certain Pokémon follow us again.

OK here's the SMZ analysis/thoughts/opinions..etc:

Gogoat
This looks meh to me, but the fact you can ride it is cool. I wonder if it's a standalone Pokemon or not. Also, I could totally see an English dubbed Anime episode called "GO, GO GOGOAT!"

Elikiteru
Firs thing that intrigued me is having Normal as a secondary typing. How does that work exactly? either way it's cool to have a new type combination. The Pokemon itself doesn't look half-bad, though I'm more interested to see its evolution. This Pokemon screams the ability Solar Power. In fact I'd be disappointed if it doesn't get it.

Parabolic Charge is a pretty cool name for a move.I really hope they keep the name in the English version. (hoping character limits for moves are increased)

Yayakoma
Generic bird or not. This Pokemon looks both annoying and cool. Again can't fully judge until see final evo.

Also Flame Charge =/= Fire/Flying evo. This is gamefreak guys.

Yancham
I like this one. Like others I hope it evolves into a Fighting/Grass type. Hoping the evo looks cool and cute at the same time.

BAMBOO BLADE

just sayin'

Character customization
Doesn't look like we'll have a lot of options, but hey it's better than nothing. I think I'll opt for the female character. Since she looks cooler IMO.

Boxart
Not clear, but it appears to be cool.

ALL HAIL KAROS

/out

-looks at Serebii-
MY PEOPLE HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Now then, some notes:
The gender association comes from the idea the the female protagonist wears red and black, which resembles Yveltal's color scheme. Meanwhile the boy is wearing a blue jumpsuit, and kind of reminds one of Xerneas. That's all there is to the "Y girl" bit.
Also, there's the part that:
In diamond and pearl, we called the boy diamond and the girl pearl
In black and white, we called the boy black and the girl white
In black 2 and white 2, we called the boy something black related and the girl white related (ebony and ivory? I forget)

The boy is most often associated with the first game when you say "_____ and _____" and the girl with the second. Thus, X and Y: X boy and Y girl.

its hard to tell but if you look close in the picture where the male character is riding on gogoat in the middle of town and theirs a bunch of other people and pokemon around on the far right of that picture an orange butterfly pokemon.

Edit: Nevermind under further inspection its just the new bird with it wings spread open.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Seriously guys? Read the second post in this thread. You just received tons of new information and you are already baselessly speculating.

Please note, this thread will be policed more heavily than the last. You are expected to put thought into your posts or they will be deleted.

This thread is for discussing CONFIRMED aspects of the game. Join #orangeislands on IRC for speculation.

fine, whatever. there's a chick under the customisations of the trainers in the second scan. rival, do you think?
1. Why would they show the rival in a screen shot and then make 0 note of it in anyway such as: Name, full art, who she is, relation to our trainer
2. It's a Lass named Rika. From now on, every trainer has a close up when they challenge you to a battle.
from pokejungle
The text reads “Miniskirt Rika challenged you to a battle”, artwork for the character is also shown.
(miniskirt is the japanese name for the lass class)

i can't read japanese so i wouldn't know if they wrote a whole bloody novel about her lol

but that's still pretty neat. thanks.

doesn't matter cuz i'm the best rival ever k

but

i'm really not sure what else we can discuss nine pages later without extrapolating >u>;;

So far no mention of a new type. So I guess it was all made-up crap, as predicted.
Did Hiro make a claim that it was going to be revealed this month or did people just assume as much.

If the former than yeah pretty much & I wonder if he's backpeddled any

just because it was not mentioned doesn't mean it is a lie - it just means it's not confirmed. they'll also probably want to keep the typings of yveltal/xerneas/sylveon a secret (to keep the hype & excitement alive until the release of the games)

also, corocoro has not even been released yet. these are simply some leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)