Pokémon Design Misconceptions

I didn't know the black stuff on Zapdos were actually part of his wings. I thought they were just shadows or something.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f6/073Tentacruel.png

I used to think those red spots were tentacruel's eyes lol
Haha, yeah, I did too. I, as mentioned by others, was fooled by Cradily and Sharpedo.
While not really a design misconception, when I first played the games, I thought Gyarados was Dragon-type...I'm sure you see why. Later on, I thought Octillery and Torkoal were part Rock, and only learned Torkoal wasn't a few weeks ago.

I didn't know the black stuff on Zapdos were actually part of his wings. I thought they were just shadows or something.
Honestly, I'm not sure how Zapdos' wings work. Half the time the black looks like someone added a second pair of wings on top of the first pair. I've got an old (RBY-era) model kit of it that literally gives it two pairs of wings in exactly that fashion, so I don't even know.

Also, I didn't realize Crobat had real feet for the longest time. I thought the smaller pair of wings were its feet.

I'm not sure if I should pity for the people who had some of these misconceptions or not...

They did make me chuckle though!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
according to tyhe manga, water comes from the hands. also poliwhirl/wrath do have mouths, butthe mouth's are see-through (in reference to frogs who do have see-through organs)
Satoshi Tajiri said that the swirly things were the intestines in an interview...

so if those were where the water comes from *eeeek* o___0||||

For some reason, until just recently I had never seen Dunsparce's mouth. I thought those little prong thingies on its chin were mandibles or something lol. I feel really stupid now,

I really thought Sawk and Throh were Fighting / Rock with their jagged bodies

[pimg]567[/pimg] [pimg]566[/pimg]

Also considering Sawk has Sturdy, which is usually reserved for Rock and Steel types. I think Fighting / Rock would have been a sweet combo
For some odd reason i thought that sawk and throh were Fighting/Water and Fighting/Fire, respectively. The colors made me think that way for some odd reason lol.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Here's a really recent one: Honedge only has one eye.

The holes in the sheathe make it look like it has 3 eyes and a mouth, but that's actually just the lines on the sword. I don't know how common of a misconception is, but I seen a lot of fan art show it as 3 eyes and 1 mouth, so I felt that it was enough of a misconception to post about.

BTW, is there a spoiler code for the new format? I can't seem to find one, and it's really bugging me.

BTW, is there a spoiler code for the new format? I can't seem to find one, and it's really bugging me.
doesn't seem to be. keep in mind, however, that this is the bare minimum for the site to be running - chaos and the others will definitely add more later.

The holes in the sheathe make it look like it has 3 eyes and a mouth, but that's actually just the lines on the sword. I don't know how common of a misconception is, but I seen a lot of fan art show it as 3 eyes and 1 mouth, so I felt that it was enough of a misconception to post about.

Boy, do I feel silly...

Lol the sheath always looked a little racist to me.

I can't say I've had many memorable misconceptions...... Maybe if I dig a little deeper....

Haha, yeah, I did too. I, as mentioned by others, was fooled by Cradily and Sharpedo.
While not really a design misconception, when I first played the games, I thought Gyarados was Dragon-type...I'm sure you see why. Later on, I thought Octillery and Torkoal were part Rock, and only learned Torkoal wasn't a few weeks ago.
.... I never knew that ....
Also laughing at the Chinese sword and makuhita's derpy cheek eyes haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)