Rotom - W (Dual Screens)

I was looking at Rotom's move pool and stuff when I just found that it has good bulk and access to both light screen and reflect, so I decided to make Rotom - W into this dual screening wall and stuff.

Name: Dual Screens
Move 1: reflect
Move 2: light screen
Move 3: toxic / will-o-wisp / thunder wave
Move 4: volt switch
Item: light clay / leftovers
Ability: levitate
Nature: calm
Evs: 252 hp / 128 def / 128 sp. defense

I used calm nature because Rotom - w is really only weak to electric and grass if you count levitate, and most electric and grass attacks are specially based. One thing that's nice Is that most leads that you would see in standard OU are mainly slow walls like ferrothorn, forretress, and skarmory. So if you want screens up immediately just use Rotom as a lead.

Rotom may be outclassed by many other pokes for this job but 50 / 107 / 107 is a nice touch for a Dual screener. This Rotom also functions as a bulky wall, so you can just wall many common pokes like Ferrothorn and maybe even uninvested Celebi probably.

Now we move on to checks and counters. I will be surprised if you don't realize this set is walled completely by Ferrothorn and other bulky steel types bar Skarmory. Obviously CB Black Kyurem will probably cleanly 1HKO Rotom - w with fusion bolt. Even other Rotom - W sets wall it.

Well I'm hoping people will someday use this set a lot and sorry if the formatting isn't good I'm kinda new at the whole formatting stuff.

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Firstly your format is completely wrong, and this ought to be a bulleted skeleton anyways not in paragraph form. Use this thread as a guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=148&a=227

As for the set itself I guess I could see it working thanks to its good bulk and access to Volt Switch, but seeing as I've never actually used this set I can't do anything but theorymon. However there are two things you really ought to fix. Firstly, Light Clay should really be the only option if you wanted to make a set focused on putting up Dual Screens. Secondly, the EV spread is inefficient. There probably is a better spread, but a spread of 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD with a Calm Nature actually has better bulk than your current spread.

Well I actually haven't tried the set out yet and I'm kinda more or less making this set more of a Dual screener to catch ppl off guard.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well I actually haven't tried the set out yet and I'm kinda more or less making this set more of a Dual screener to catch ppl off guard.
This should never happen. You should never post analyses about sets which you haven't tried and surprise factor alone is never a good enough reason to make a set. Dual Screener Rotom-W is already mentioned in OO where it belongs.

QC Rejected 1/3

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
QC rejected 2/3

Even though this set is not completely awful, you've clearly no idea what you're talking about. "Obviously CB Black Kyurem will probably cleanly 1HKO Rotom - w with fusion bolt" - why would you say something like this without even checking?

Honestly, the formatting doesn't bother me. It's that you haven't even bothered to try the set out or check your facts before posting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)