Beautiful Day

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Beautiful Day

Introduction

Hello there Smogon comminity and happy Mothers Day to all of you out there! This is Dr Ciel coming at you with another RMT on these forums, my 6th OU one and 7th overall, so I'm very proud of that. As you may know, I have built the RMT also known as The Dawn Of Kyurem, one of my most successful teams, and I hope that this team can equal or even surpass that success of that one. This team is build around the legendary Kyurem-B. Now, many people bash on Kyurem-B, mainly in part due to it's base 170 Attack, but barren physical Movepool consisting of only Outrage as a STAB move and Fusion Bolt. I've noticed this for a really long time, and I thought it was time for Kyurem-B to get some more love, so I set out and made this team that I am sharing with you today, peaking at 1762 on the OU ladder on PS. The team is called Beautiful Day, an excellent song from the band U2, a group I believe that you should be listened to by a lot more people. Just like my last RMT, this is a solid Bulky Offense team centered around the wallbreaking capabilities of Starmie, the tanking abilities of Conkeldurr, and the spinblocking of Gengar in order to pave the way for Kyurem-B to sweep the opposition with little to no effort whatsoever. Anyways, I believe that's enough of an introduction for this team, and I know you're anxious to get to the team, and the importable at the end, so go heat up a cup of tea, and maybe some popcorn because this RMT is going to be a long, but very good one, trust me on that.

Team At A Glance

|
|
|
|
|

In Depth Look

-----------------------------

Vertigo
Vertigo (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast​

Up first on the team, we have one of the greatest spinblockers in the current metagame, the infamous SubDisable Gengar. If you didn't already know it, Gengar is my spinblocker on this team, and it does a very good job at doing that. Gengar usually comes out when there are hazards on the opponents side of the field, and he gets a free Substitute as they switch out, after failing to spin the hazards away. The EV spread here is fairly standard, with the simple 4 / 252 / 252 one with a Timid Nature in order to give it maximum attacking power, while also giving it the ability to outspeed a multitude of threats in the current OU metagame. Now, I'll move onto the moveset. Substitute is one of the most important moves in this set, protecting Gengar from status, and Pursuit users, while also making Disable easier to pull off. Up next on the moveset, we have Disable, the crux of this set, arguably, is used to cripple many Pokemon, such walls like Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn, and many others struggle to do damage against him due to immunity to Seismic Toss, and the ability to render Power Whip & Gyro Ball useless. Shadow Ball is an excellent STAB move that provides excellent neutral coverage. Focus Blast round out the moveset by providing perfect coverage along with Shadow Ball.​

------------------------------

Sweetest Thing
Sweetest Thing (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance​

Up next, we have one of my favourite Pokemon in the current BW2 metagame, Stealth Rock Garchomp. Garchomp is the Pokemon my opponents see on the field in about 90% of my battles. Garchomp is my Stealth Rocker, Anti-Lead, and my mini setup sweeper, and it does a good job at doing all 3. Once again, this is a fairly standard EV spread, the 4 / 252 / 252 one, with maxed out Attack to do some heavy damage to the opponent, weakening it for Kyurem-B, meanwhile using maximum speed with a Jolly Nature to outspeed the majour threats in the current metagame. I knew I needed a hazard setter and an anti-lead, and Garchomp fit the bill perfectly, which is obviously why Stealth Rock is on this set. The second move on this set, Outrage, is an excellent STAB move, dealing heavy damage to whatever doesn't resist it, and does even heavier damage when it is boosted by a Swords Dance. Earthquake is the secondary STAB move on the set, hitting unsuspecting Pokemon with a huge ground-shaking Earthquake, usually resulting in a clean OHKO for Garchomp. The final move in this set, Swords Dance was one of my better choices for Garchomp, as it boosts the power of Outrage & Earthquake to sky high levels, as I said before, and dealing heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it.​

Bloody Sunday
Bloody Sunday (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch​

Moving on with my team, we have one of my favourite boosting tanks in the current BW2 metagame, the famous, and possibly even deadly Bulk Up Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr here is my offensive boosting tank, and Starmies partner in crime, able to force out nearly every single one of Starmies counters, bar the obvious Scizor. The EV spread is designed to make Conkeldurr as bulky as possible, and after just one Bulk Up, his Attack reaches a gargantuan 624 Attack and 334 Defense, doing immense damage to anything that may come in it's way. Now, I shall explain the moveset and what the moves do for my best friend, Conkeldurr. Up first on the set, the crux of it, Bulk Up helps beef up Conkeldurrs already large attack stat while also boosting it's average Defense stat. Up next on the set, is the obligatory STAB move in Drain Punch, which keeps Conkeldurr in godo health while it's tanking hits and tearing through teams. Mach Punch is the other STAB move on this set, providing priority to revenge kill amny weakened foes. Finally, the last move on the set, Ice Punch is used to KO Dragonite, Salamence, both Landorus formes, Gliscor, as well as many others that may threaten Conkeldurr otherwise.​

Electrical Storm
Electrical Storm (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Now, the next Pokemon on this team is arguably one of the most effective setup sweepers in the current BW2 OU metagame, the deadly steel killer, SubCharge Magnezone. Magnezone is a vital member of this team, trapping and killing nearly every Steel typed Pokemon in the metagame, as this prevents me from being run over by Sub + Calm Mind Jirachi, an annoying threat, but it is mitigated by Magnezones presence. The EV spread is to give Magnezone some solid bulk to tak a few weak hits, while also being able to outspeed certian threats, while also dealing some solid damage with its STAB move. Now, allow me to explain the moveset and what the moves do. The first move on this set, Substitute is an excellent one, as Magnezone gets huge setup opportunities, none bigger than Banded Scizor that is locked into Bullet Punch, an absolute paradise for Magnezone. The next move on the set is Charge Beam, is solid for boosting it's Special Attack, turning some 2HKOs into OHKOs. Up next, the obligatory STAB move, Thunderbolt hits bulky water types, such as Jellicent, Vaporeon, Politoed, and many others hard. Finally, we have Hiddden Power Ice, which gets the KO on Salamence, Haxorus, Dragonite, Gliscor, and many many others.​

Magnificent
Magnificent (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin​

The second to last Pokemon on this team is one of the most successful Rapid Spinners and one of the most effective wallbreakers that I have used, Life Orb Starmie. Starmie is my wallbreaker, as well as my offensive Rapid Spinner. Once again, this is a fairly standard EV spread, 252 / 252 / 4, with maximum Special Attack to boost it's STAB move, as well as the coverage moves, while maximum Speed investment with a Timid Nature helps it outspeed and KO all the threats it needs to. Now, allow me to explain this fairly standard moveset. The first move on the set, Hydro Pump, is and excellent STAB move, used for KOing the likes of Volcarona, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Landorus, and so many other Pokemon that can be threatening to my team. The next move on this set, Ice Beam, is used to KO the Dragons, both Landorus Formes & Gliscor. Up next, Thunderbolt is for KOing the many bulky Water types in the OU metagame, as well as KOing Flying types, such Pokemon like Tornadus, Tentacruel, Skarmory, Keldeo, Jellicent, and a whole lot more. Finally, we have Rapid Spin, the crux of this set, is used for clearing the field of hazards, time after time, paving the way for my Kyurem-B to sweep the opposition clean.​

Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam​

Well, this RMT has finally come to an end, but I can't end it without introducing you to one of the most devastating and underrated Pokemon in the current metagame, ladies and gentlemen, please meet Substitute Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B comes out after every one of it's checks & counters are off the field, and as well when the battlefield is cleared of all hazards. The EV spread is a bit weird, but I shall explain it right now. The HP EV's allow it to make 101 HP Subs, which will not be broken by one Night Shade or Seismic Toss, meanwhile 236 Speed EV's are to outspeed every Pokemon with under base 80 Speed. Now, I shall go on to describe the final moveset. The first move on the set, Substitute, protects Kyurem-B from the deadly status, and is also used for scouting opponents. Up next, we have Fusion Bolt, which hits the many bulky Water types that are usually a big annoyance, but to this team, they are no problem whatsoever. Dragon Claw is for excellent coverage along with Fusion Bolt, as it does huge damage to everything that does not resist it, which is only the Steel typed Pokemon. Finally, as usual, Ice Beam is for KOing the Dragons, both Landorus Formes and Gliscor.​

Importable
(Please keep the nicknames when using the team)​
Code:
[LEFT]Vertigo  (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Sweetest Thing (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Bloody Sunday (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Electrical Storm (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice][/LEFT]

[LEFT]Magnificent (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Beautiful Day (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 Atk / 236 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam[/LEFT]

Conclusion
Well, we're happy that you made it this far, so congratulations for doing so. I would like to give a shoutout to False Sense & Gary2346, two really cool people, the former for helping me test this team, and the latter for being a really cool person. I would also like to give a shoutout to The Unlucky One for motivating me throughout this. Also, I want to give you a shoutout to you guys for reading this RMT. I hope you liked it, so please feel free to rate and please leave a Luvdisc

Final Glance

|
|
|
|
|

hi solid team u have here friend, i especially like the seamless cohesion and fierce tenacity of ur offensive core.

Problems:
ur team is swept by pkmn with using the moves dragon dance, quiver dances, or agility which are pretty standard fare outside of the ingame.

Solutions:
the item choice scarf multiplies ur speed by 1.5 so you can revenge kill them. also priority attacks from mamaswine and scizor.

Probrems 2: imo ur team is swept by alakazam :evan:.

Solutions: idk it has speed and coverage it outspeeded my starmie. you will need a moderator or fight badge member to help. it keeps living at 1 hp

TLDR:

good luck with the team.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Dr. Ciel! This team is superb, and it's really hard to find any major flaws with this team. You seem to have everything a team could want; Spin Blocker, Spinner, set up sweeper, Stealth Rocker, and immense coverage. The only Pokemon that seem to pose a major problem to your team, are set up sweepers that boost their speed. Volcarona and Salamence pose a major threat to your team, and all it takes is one turn of setup before your team is pretty much 6-0. A solution to this is a user of Choice Scarf. I really like that you use Conkeldurr on your team because of how underrated he is in this metagame, but I think he's also the most disposable member of the team. As a good replacement, I would suggest you switching out Conkeldurr for Choice Scarf Terrakion. Terrakion pretty much handles every set up sweeper that gives you problems; OHKOing Volcarona, Salamence and Gyarados with Stone Edge respectively. He's also a kickass revenge killer in general, giving your team a solid answer to other users of Choice Scarf as well.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Test this out, and tell me what you think. Like I said, I don't want to replace Conk, but I feel like your team would find much more success with a solid and dependable revenge killer. Other then that, your team is amazing. Good luck!

his out, and tell me what you think. Like I said, I don't want to replace Conk, but I feel like your team would find much more success with a solid and dependable revenge killer. Other then that, your team is amazing. Good luck!

Quote:
idk it has speed and coverage it outspeeded my starmie. you will need a moderator or fight badge member to help. it keeps living at 1 hp
Are you trying to say that you have to be a professional rater to find a solution? That's a pretty flawed argument if you ask me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
hello, as badabing pointed out you have a huge weakness to alakazam and basically anything that has a boosting move i.e. dragon dance, quiver dance, rock polish...calm mind...but don't let that stop you! i would maybe try to find something useful to stop you from being 6-0'd by a dragon spam team, since magnezone can only take so many draco meteors, and by so many i mean a total of 2. in addition i do not see why you need a gengar, since you only have 1 hazard to block from spin, and your gengar set loses to all 3 common spinners anyways. i would suggest replacing it with a choice scarf user...maybe latios? who knows. you get raped by rain too. also, if you are going to use starmie, please do not use the life orb attacker set, since then you can be sure to lose to jellicent. thunderbolt is cute, but it does maybe 45% max to sdef jelli? so you will be spinning approx: 0 per cent of the time. in fact, i would consider changing things like so:

gengar ---> garchomp (good one)
garchomp (bad one) ---> latios
conkeldurr ---> lucario
magnezone ---> magnezone (specs)
starmie ---> kingdra
kyurem-b ---> terrakion

new team look like this: http://pastebin.com/ux27JRLR

nice team, and congrats on your archive nomination

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Well Dr Ciel, I am rating this under threat of being killed. Your team suffers from major flaws, and that is what my rate is meant to do: make them less major. I will first address the major problems this team faces: faster mons. One major one that tears this team limb from limb is Scarf Keldeo under rain. The problem is that your major Rain counter, Kyurem B, is prone to Fighting type moves and SR, and doesn't have recovery, allowing it to be weakened through good playing, and thus opens your team up to be sweeped by Scarf Keldeo. Although Starmie is a Water resist, your offensive set isn't a good answer to it, it is a very shaky check. Obviously, I cannot tweak your team too much, but I think replacing your Conkeldurr is the best option. The problem is that the BW2 OU metagame is so fast paced and specially based that BU Conk is quite simply bad in this day and age. You need something that can deal with Keldeo, and other boosting sweepers. I think you don't have much better than a good old Scarf Latios. It checks Keldeo, is nice against Sun, and is a pro revenge killer overall. The set is rather simple:

Latios @Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Surf
-Trick

Some minor switches I would recommend. First of all Psyshock > Thunderbolt on Starmie, because Psyshock allows you to surefire KO Fighting types, and also hits harder on Specially Defensive Jellicent, the most commonly seen set I think. Another small tweak I would make is on Garchomp, Fire Blast > Swords Dance. This I recommend solely due to the fact that lead Chomp oftentimes finds 1 turn to set up SR, then 1 turn to kill stuff. Rarely does it get the opportunity to set up, then attack. For this reason, Fire Blast is a better choice because it deals massive damage to Forretress and Ferrothorn, KOs Scizor, deals with Custap Lead Skarmory, and many stuff in general. It is valuable, you won't regret it. Obviously with that, switch to Naïve > Jolly, so Fire Blast is stronger. Overall, decent team. I hope I helped, and good luck!

Tl;dr
Scarf Latios > Conkeldurr
Psyshock > Thunderbolt on Starmie
Fire Blast > Swords Dance on Garchomp
Naïve > Jolly on Garchomp

Hey, as i told you on PS I think Kyurem-B could be used in a few cooler ways but that's far from the point. I'm just going to go by how I personally see this team would function and how this team can function and support each other.

• As you said you can use Starmie's great wallbreaking capabilities and spin support to allow Kyurem-B to do massive damage, but I honestly think that's not the only real thing it does. Starmie's immediate power forces only a few Pokemon to switch in (SpD Rotom-W, Celebi tanking Hydro+Ice Beam combo, etc.) which can lead to easy subs for Kyu-B. ScarfTar is also fodder for Conkeldurr
  • Basic Hazards+Gengar stuff. Enforce SR on the opponent's side in order to turn some slight things that can potentially wall Conkeldurr/Starmie to oblivion.
  • Use the combo of SubDisable Gar and Sub KyuB in order to say fuk you to stall teams.

That's what I mainly see as the primary components of the team. So with this, I will try to make changes that doesn't really hurt that concept too much.

Alright onto the problems, first off we see SD Scizor, who can break through a good portion of your team as your two shaky checks to it both have no kinda of recovery, while one of them has Life Orb. If it is at a high range of life it won't have to much trouble setting up an SD and sweeping with Conk and Starmie slightly weakened (not too hard to do). We also have the stuff everyone else mentioned in Volcarona, DDMence and Alakazam.

Time to see what I can do to fix it. First off I think Magnezone isn't too awfully useful to the team as the bulky waters that it sets up on can be bigger liabilities if Kyurem-Black is sent in and some can be lured by Tbolt+Hazards Starmie. Then there is his fixing of steels, I think this can be rather simply helped by Running HP Fire over Ice Beam or Fusion Bolt. That along with Conkeldurr makes steels to not too big of a problem. This opens up a slot to fix those issues. The first thing that comes to mind to revenge DDmence, Volcarona and SD Scizor is Scarf Keldeo. Scarf Keldeo really helps against all those threats and also lures Bulky Water types to the field so Kyurem-B can use them to wreck havoc. Also SpD Celebi and Jellicent are lured by Proper prediction LO Starmie+Hazards so that's always a plus.

Yeah so that's that. Of course it makes you weaker in some regards. However, most good teams don't really have one fix that makes everything better. gl with the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)