Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you change your username on showdown?
There are two methods that I know of for doing this.

1. Type the following into the chat:

/nick Username

with the name you want in place of Username. So, if I wanted my forum nickname on Showdown, I would type /nick Malkyrian.

2. If that's too tricky, you can just log out by pressing the button in the upper right. Then, when you log back in, it'll ask you for a name, where you can pick whatever you want.

Is there a way for me to report someone? I had a match against an obnoxiously rude opponent, but I didn't save the replay.

Is there a way for me to report someone? I had a match against an obnoxiously rude opponent, but I didn't save the replay.
Unfortunately, a replay or battle log would pretty much be the only way that we can do anything about that. In the future, should something like that happen to you, you can either leave your battle window open afterwards or save the replay. You can also just PM a moderator on the server when it happens so that the issue can be handled promptly.

When I Dc and reconnect, I see the poke but no actions appear. This stays that way until I lose by timer... Is there a way to work around this? Refreshing doesn't seem to help

edit: cheers for answers!

Renosaur if you type /leavebattle and then /joinbattle in the battle chat you should be able to resume playing. I suffered from a similar glitch a while back that I managed to "fix" using this method.

When I Dc and reconnect, I see the poke but no actions appear. This stays that way until I lose by timer... Is there a way to work around this? Refreshing doesn't seem to help
I usually do this:
- type /leavebattle in lobbychat (I've never been able to write in room chat after a dc), this will 'unlock' the room chat
- type /leavebattle in the room chat
- type /joinbattle in the room chat

I am considering getting a new laptop. What should I make sure it has or doesn't have so that PS functions efficiently for me?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I am considering getting a new laptop. What should I make sure it has or doesn't have so that PS functions efficiently for me?
Any modern computer will run PS fine. To be honest PS should be the least of your thoughts when buying a new computer.

Is there any way 2 people can play showdown from the same router? I wanted to play my sister in RBY, but every time a computer changes the profile, it changes it automatically for all people using the router, making it impossible for 2 people to play, as there can only be one profile. Is there a way around this or is it a simple auto-failsafe to prevent ladder spamming and there is no work around. If I could play my sister without going to someone else's house, that would be great.

Two questions: 1. is there a separate ladder for each server? 2. If my rank is good enough to be on the ladder for the Smogon University official server, but its not on the list, what is the problem?

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two questions: 1. is there a separate ladder for each server?
Yes, each server has their own ladders.

2. If my rank is good enough to be on the ladder for the Smogon University official server, but its not on the list, what is the problem?
Your deviation (a 2 or 3 digit number located next to your Glicko2 and a +- sign) is likely too high, it needs to be 100 or lower in order for you to show up on the list.

help?

Why is it that when I try to chat, my letters are not that visible like no one can see what I say. Plus when I try a command like !data regice it says this;

You need to be voiced to broadcast this command's information.
Can anyone else see what I say? If not, how can I chat with everyone else.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Doonoo everyone has their text colored gray, everyone else sees it as black.

For your second question, only users that are voiced or PS staff are allowed to broadcast commands in the main chat. You can use the same commands with / instead of !, for example /data regice, and you will be able to see it, but nobody else can. However, everyone sees your chatting.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DW OU can be played through challenging an opponent to a battle. It was removed as a ladder due to the absolute lack of battles the ladder had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)