Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to suggest showdown admin to consider in increasing the amount of non regular battle format available ( such as the seasonal random battles). I have thought of a rather random idea for the community to consider... I would suggest a "Dexoys form shift" to be added to the current battle format. In this battle format, it will be a 1 on 1 battle with both players given a deoxys. Players are given the ability for form change every turn(which work like pokemon switching mechanic and will use up a turn and +6 priority, however overall HP remain the same... Moves like volt switch or U- turn may allow user to hit and switch forms, also move like pursuit may out-run form switch)and maybe different set of moveset for different forms. This is so both players may battle their wits out in order for a win...

I would also request the adding of a new format which allow a.i to vs human to allow people to test out their newly made teams.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I would like to suggest showdown admin to consider in increasing the amount of non regular battle format available ( such as the seasonal random battles). I have thought of a rather random idea for the community to consider... I would suggest a "Dexoys form shift" to be added to the current battle format. In this battle format, it will be a 1 on 1 battle with both players given a deoxys. Players are given the ability for form change every turn(which work like pokemon switching mechanic and will use up a turn and +6 priority, however overall HP remain the same... Moves like volt switch or U- turn may allow user to hit and switch forms, also move like pursuit may out-run form switch)and maybe different set of moveset for different forms. This is so both players may battle their wits out in order for a win...

I would also request the adding of a new format which allow a.i to vs human to allow people to test out their newly made teams.
There is an "Other metagames" forum to suggest new ideas here:http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206

In terms of AI, a pokemon trainer AI would be incredibly difficult to make (I know davidstone has been trying for a number of years with good results) and so is not likely to be implemented.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this has ever been suggested but I know there are others who agree with me. While the music in the battles is a trivial thing when compared to battle mechanics and site functions, I think it would be really cool to see other battle tracks from various Pokemon games available (either randomly or by selection). For me personally, the current music adds to the overall experience and is a Showdown feature that I very much appreciate (I stopped playing it on Firefox when the music stopped working-it just wasn't the same). I'm guessing the current songs are just midi files so while I'm not very knowledgeable about coding, I feel like they wouldn't be too difficult to add in? Thank you to all who manage the site and are already working hard on lots of other things; I know there's a lot going into this project already so I just wanted to show my support and also put in my two cents.
I support this and I'd like to request generation-specific tracks if possible.
For example, can we have Gen 1 music if we're playing Gen 1 OU and so on?

Another thing that has been requested and I'm strongly in favor of is improved animations (especially those that use that generic white dot like Spore).

While we all understand that purely aesthetic updates aren't as important as actual code, they're definitely nice to have.

Hey, you've done great with PS, only suggestions I can think of is making it so you can move the Pm box up or down (essentially making it smaller or bigger).

I really love pokemon showdown but I have a few suggestions.
1) Could there be the option to only battle players within a certain range of your ACRE? This way good players can avoid wasting their time with poor ones, and newer players don't get their butt kicked my those at the top of the ladder.
2) Another thing I'd like to see would be if you could tell how much your ACRE would increase after you win or lose to an opponent. This lets you know roughly how good they are.
3) Maybe be able to reorder teams and Pokemon on the teambuilder?

Thank you.

2) Another thing I'd like to see would be if you could tell how much your ACRE would increase after you win or lose to an opponent. This lets you know roughly how good they are.
/ranking [opponent's name] is an easy way of doing this, although knowing beforehand how much you'll win/lose would be pretty neat.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really love pokemon showdown but I have a few suggestions.
1) Could there be the option to only battle players within a certain range of your ACRE? This way good players can avoid wasting their time with poor ones, and newer players don't get their butt kicked my those at the top of the ladder.
This is how the ladder pairs users already - the ladder searches for users within a certain range of ratings (with yours as the middle value) and expands this range marginally every second or so. Admittedly, ladders with less activity will have the problem of bad user vs. good user more often though.
This is displayed to you after every battle. If you're talking about making that happen before the battle starts, it could be interesting but there simply isn't a reason to do it. You should always be playing to win anyway, and gauging your opponent's skill level should be part of that.
3) Maybe be able to reorder teams and Pokemon on the teambuilder?
This is being worked on.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
I would like to request the introduction of a rule against trash talking in battle chat.

Compared to the ludicrously strict lobby chat, battle chat often degenarates into a petty exchange of insults that goes completely ingored more often than not. Many people find this both unfair and annoying so I think action must be taken.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to request the introduction of a rule against trash talking in battle chat.

Compared to the ludicrously strict lobby chat, battle chat often degenarates into a petty exchange of insults that goes completely ingored more often than not. Many people find this both unfair and annoying so I think action must be taken.
not to be sarcastic or rude, but how do you suggest we mod the battle chat? at minimum user count, there's about 300 battles at any one time.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Users can always PM us in such situations :/

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Can you guys make a max amount of views on a ranked game. I think my game was invaded but /vp/. It was kind of fun though, but I don't think other people might enjoy having 20+ random people spam the chat in their pokemon game.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-18459803
Yes, /vp/ does do that, and it's fun. There's an "Ignore spectators" option if you don't want to deal with the chat spam, but we're not going to otherwise limit spectators.

Just bumping this so that it would be seen.
Not sure if this should be here or in bug reports, but I'm not sure hidden power is calculating properly. If it is, it's not displaying properly. Why:
I was thinking about using alakazam with HP ice, but when I thought about having to drop some IVs to make it possible I was going to decide not to. Then, out of curiosity, I tried manually changing the IVs after I chose HP ice in my moves. I saved my team, refreshed, and checked my IVs again, and they were all still 31. Wanting to further test this, I entered a battle. So far, I still have a base 70 HP ice on what appears to be a perfect stat alakazam. Maybe it's still calcing my stats correctly.
That leads me into another suggestion: It would be nice to have a way to view either current exact stats in battle, or at least display the unaltered normal stats as they would appear if I checked the stats page in the cart games. (this may have already been suggested. sorry if it was)

Excadrill OU

Hi, I think Excadrill should be OU and swapped for Cloyster/Crustle.

Cloyster with skill link, shell smash and icicle spear is hard to beat. Also when the foe puts a 252+ IV sp.def and speed.

Crustle with Sturdy Shell Smash too.

Excadrill: Mold Breaker is OU, OneHitKo Moves are banned in OU, so he cant use, and Drill Run and Rock Slide aren't that good at Excadrill. Simply take him out with Water or Fight him down.

I'll really hope it! Because he is my 2nd favourite pokemon, and because i own the steel type ;D

Thanks,

Gym Leader X

Pokemon Showdown! makes no decisions in the placement of any Pokemon in any tiers, including ones banned from OU.

Generally speaking, complex bans are avoided as well so as to keep the game simple and friendly to newer players. This is the reason why Excadrill in general is banned rather than just Sand Rush Excadrill being banned.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
The IV's may appear to be accepted, but when you go into a battle PS automatically changes them to the correct values without telling you
The precise algorithm works like this:

If you have perfect 31 IV's -> change the IVs to match the Hidden Power type

Otherwise -> leave IVs alone

After the above is done, it'll replace every "Hidden Power <type>" with the real move "Hidden Power", whose type and damage is calculated based on your IVs.

You can select the move "Hidden Power" by itself if you don't want PS to mess with your IVs, but selecting a typed Hidden Power means "if my IVs have been left default, change them to match this Hidden Power".

Most of the time, PS will reject illegal sets, but it'll make them legal in certain cases: 1. shininess changes, 2. gender changes, 3. IV changes to make a Hidden Power type legal

The IV's may appear to be accepted, but when you go into a battle PS automatically changes them to the correct values without telling you
It's nice to know that HP is being calced right. Thanks.
Will an inbattle stat viewer ever be in the works? It would be nice to be able to see exactly how my stats are affected by boosts (yes, this isn't shown in the ds games, but neither are the boost amounts that are shown under the hp bar on SD) so that I can know if I'm outspeeding or not.

And one more suggestion. I'm very used to the standard ruleset for the official VGCs (item clause, only battle tower legal pokemon allowed). A standard VGC option would be nice so that I could know how my team would fare in a championship with those rules. And so that the banned (by VGC rules), non-uber pokemon like victini and jirachi could be used, maybe a standard OU battle type with item clause?

Hey guys,

The other day I battled someone who was clearly doing something else while battling. I know this because he took 90 seconds to make each move. This meant that our 25 turn battle took over 30 minutes, and basically took up my whole PS time for the day -- really annoying when trying to get suspect reqs. The clock isn't really designed to handle stuff like that. Do you think it would be possible to implement a timing system similar to PO?

PO does it so that you have 4 minutes to move, but if you take 3 minutes to move, the clock doesn't reset all the way. It's something like a chess clock. Might be worth a look at. Thanks.

Hey guys,

The other day I battled someone who was clearly doing something else while battling. I know this because he took 90 seconds to make each move. This meant that our 25 turn battle took over 30 minutes, and basically took up my whole PS time for the day -- really annoying when trying to get suspect reqs. The clock isn't really designed to handle stuff like that. Do you think it would be possible to implement a timing system similar to PO?

PO does it so that you have 4 minutes to move, but if you take 3 minutes to move, the clock doesn't reset all the way. It's something like a chess clock. Might be worth a look at. Thanks.
Did you use the "Kick Inactive player" button? It helps cut down on the they have to make a move so people don't just take a bunch of time to make a move. I'm also pretty sure that once the time is on, they have less and less time to make a move on the next turn. If you did use the timer you might just have run into a time staller.

Hey guys,

in my opinion the 'Log out'-button is really close to the mute button and the 'scroll upwards'-button. This in itself is not a problem, but when you are not paying a lot of attention or playing with a touchpad, you might at times miss the right button and click on 'Log out' by accident. This makes you forfeit and lose a battle, instead of telling the other player "Player left."

I understand that this is a very specific and tiny problem that other users may very well never experience, but it would be nice to either go to inactive while pressing 'Log out' in a battle, or to get a pop-up screen that says "Are you sure you want to log out?" or something like that, which only appears when logging out in-battle.

Would there be a tiny solution for a tiny problem? Thanks!

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Didn't Zarel mention a group function in PS! A few times ago? If not, I'm suggesting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)